Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wouldn't say Kikyou is evil for killing since she has a reason to live^^ Inuyasha isn't the kind to just attack Kikyou due to their strong bond so obviously they won't go into a fight :D
Jul 3, 2010 7:17 PM

Jan 2010
ShanaFlame said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wouldn't say Kikyou is evil for killing since she has a reason to live^^ Inuyasha isn't the kind to just attack Kikyou due to their strong bond so obviously they won't go into a fight :D
I wouldn't count on that...
Dec 25, 2011 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
Poor Kikyou... It looks like the only way she can stay alive(?) is by collecting and using the souls of forlorn women. We'll see what happens when Inuyasha and Kagome catch up with her.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 20, 2012 5:06 PM

Jun 2009
I wouldn't call Kikyou "evil" though. An evil being wouldn't care for those children like she obviously did, though if she continues to wonder like this her soul could definitely become corrupted. I wonder where this story line is going to go...
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2014 12:12 PM
Mar 2013
So Kikyo survived the fall as expected. Falling down cliffs never kills anyone in anime >.>

I really find her character interesting. She was a powerful priestess but I think deep down she resented her duty because she wanted to be able to fall in love.

She had that chance with Inuyasha but Naraku ruined it for her. She should be after Naraku and not Inuyasha but she doesn't know who he is yet.
Aug 10, 2014 2:08 AM

May 2013
YES! Kikyo is still alive! Very nice Kikyo driven episode. I enjoyed it, I find Kikyo or should I say the "new" Kikyo to be very fascinating and interesting and I'm very entertained when Kikyo is featured in an episode. The "new" Kikyo is much more villainous, I felt bad for the guy who tried to stop her from taking the girl's souls and I thought what he said about the deceased should stay deceased and that she shouldn't be taking the souls because it's taking away from those girl's futures. I love the InuYasha/Kikyo dynamic so I like it when InuYasha thinks about Kikyo and when he ditched everyone to look for Kikyo. I find it entertaining when Kagome is a little jealous. I don't know I just really enjoy the InuYasha and Kikyo dynamic and I'm very happy when they see eachother and their interactions. I find episodes that Kikyo are featured in to be a little more entertaining. I loved the ending with Kagome finding Kikyo, it's definitely going to be interesting seeing InuYasha's two main love interests interact. 5/5, another entertaining episode.

Nov 3, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2013
Kykou can't trust Inuyasha yet because she still believes he betrayed her when in reality is what Naraku. She doesn't know who Naraku is, and he made himself pass as Inuyasha so she isn't going to make the same mistake again. It'll be interesting how Inuyasha sorts out his emotions as the show continues.
May 28, 2015 2:34 AM

May 2015
Interesting episode, I didn't really think Kikyo's soul had been vanquished in that waterfall accident. Dying to know what will happen during the Kagome-Kikyo confrontation
Jul 24, 2015 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
Ohhh, Kagome... 'Watch out where you step! The ground is slippery!''
slip the whole way down

So Kikyou eat the spirits of the dead? That's... kinda fucked up :/
I guess she has just no choice. I feel bad for that monk too. He was just trying to do his job. At least, he didn't even seem mad when he died. The was just : ''Meh, shit happen''.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 24, 2015 4:14 AM
Oct 2011
I don't know guys, Devouring souls, no matter the reason, strikes me as pretty evil. Though I will accept that she tries to minimize her evil toward the living.
Apr 30, 2016 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
Kykyo story si so sad and tragic, Hamlet ain't shit to her....

Kagome seems to be jealous that Inuyasha still love Kykyo, i like it !
Apr 30, 2016 3:49 PM
Apr 2016
ExoticBankai said:
Kykyo story si so sad and tragic, Hamlet ain't shit to her....

Kagome seems to be jealous that Inuyasha still love Kykyo, i like it !

Kikyo came before Kagome. In fact, Inuyasha only started bonding with her because he looked like Kikyo (not to the audience at least). As much as I like kikyo, her reincarnation was everything she has wish for in her life.
Apr 30, 2016 4:05 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah you're right from her point have corse she as it good, but from the audience view it's really sad
Jul 14, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2013
Kagome is just a high schooler, so she's still immature and jealous. Kikyo is Inuyasha's first love. Cut them some slack. Their love ended tragically and incomplete. Of course he's still in love with her, so back off and let him do his thing. Damn. You're still alive, so you'll get your turn soon. Let Kikyo and Inuyasha get their closure, stupid jealous girl who's too prideful to admit you're crushing on Inuyasha =____=
May 5, 2018 7:18 PM
Mar 2018
This was a really cool episode, the story was a nice dark plot. Miroku's womanizing also provided some humor, and there were some good fight scenes.
Apr 9, 2019 11:11 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I dont really feel sorry for Kikyou anymore she seems more a unreasonable ****

Aug 8, 2019 3:32 AM

Jul 2015
Kikyo has turned quite evil

Curious to see how the gang is going to deal with her.

Nov 1, 2019 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
Kikyo is wrong to prey upon souls like that :(

I wonder what he story will go like from here. Poor girl.
Nov 3, 2019 9:30 PM
Apr 2016
Aww, that was such a cute moment between Kagome and Inuyasha! Adorable. Kikyo doesn't seem to be behaving well! Let's see how Inuyasha's and Kikyo's meet up will go...
Aug 4, 2020 1:10 AM

Jul 2009
Kikyou is back!! Still, I'm really surprise they are making her a more prominent character. I thought she was going to stay dead, but that would be too early tbh.

Monk priest should have stayed on his lane, but alas it is what it is.
Aug 23, 2020 4:19 PM

Feb 2012
So is Kikyou gathering random souls to keep her clay body alive or is she hoping one of the souls might be hers/Kagome's?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 27, 2020 1:19 PM

Dec 2007
so kikyo is taking the dead souls for herself, i don't want to take sides or something, but i really didn't understand why it's bad, the body is dead already...

and of course inuyasha would want to take care of the demon without the fragment, it's related to kikyo after all...
Aug 20, 2021 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm Kikyo isn't really evil but she's not good either. Somewhere in between, unfortunately it seems like she won't understand that Inuyasha wasn't the one who killed her.
Nov 4, 2021 2:09 AM
Apr 2018
KIKYO's unnatural existence is evil.
KIKYO's personality is not evil.

Knowing clearly that this is fiction, it's funny how they are able to see souls. (⊙o⊙)
Aug 2, 2022 9:38 AM

Jan 2018
So Kikyo IS alive. Though not sure if devouring souls to live would be called living...

Kikyo's story is just so sad and painful. It makes me hate Naraku so much for ruining her and Inuyasha's lives. Kikyo used to be gentle and truly kind but the false hatred made her fall from grace. I think she was also tired of being the shrine maiden and she was expecting the Shikon jewel to be used so she could finally live a normal life with Inuyasha. But in the end, she destroyed the jewel out of spite. It might've been a smart move cause if she used it to stay alive, she probably would've gone evil anyway. Now that she's brought back to life by an evil witch, she will continue to fall, unless Inuyasha gives her salvation.
User-Name said:
so kikyo is taking the dead souls for herself, i don't want to take sides or something, but i really didn't understand why it's bad, the body is dead already...

and of course inuyasha would want to take care of the demon without the fragment, it's related to kikyo after all...
The body might be dead but the soul must move on to the afterlife or be reincarnated I guess. By devouring the souls of the departed Kikyo is being extremely selfish and disrupting the natural order of things.
Aug 2, 2022 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
0451 said:

User-Name said:

The body might be dead but the soul must move on to the afterlife or be reincarnated I guess. By devouring the souls of the departed Kikyo is being extremely selfish and disrupting the natural order of things.
you probably right, but it's been long time since i watched inuyasha, so it's pain now to remember why i thought there's no problem lol.
kikyo itself is disorder in their world, so shouldn't you just kill her? if you keep her, you keep other things in disorder.

(hint rather than spoiler: continue watching to see more disorders in the world of inuyasha lol)
Jan 17, 8:56 PM
Dec 2018
Another beautiful episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.