Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2010 5:41 PM

Jul 2009
Detective said:
PR3DAT0R said:
, and maybe I'm an asshole who's got his standards set too high because of Hellsing

Well. The ONLY thing Hellsing and Bund share is that there are vampires in both. Let's not try and compare them simply because of that. Also trying to compare SHAFT with anything other than maybe another SHAFT will prove you to become confused. I don't recommend it.

I'm not comparing the entire anime, it would make no sense. Rather that that, I'm compairing details, ones that concern both the anime and the manga... For instance, usage and implementation of historic and/or literature references, which, as I see it at the moment, is much better done in Hellsing. I mean, Mina Tepes? Wat?
Other than that, as I've said, I may be an asshole, but I can compare the two plotlines and make my personal judgment on which one seems better to me. So yeah, maybe the only connection the two stories have are vampires, but at least there's something. Compared to a ton of faggots on the Internet saying stuff like ''K-ON! SUCKS DEATH NOTE IS REAL ANIME!'', this is nothing.
So, again, although Hellsing's plot also seems pretty trashy at the first glance [nazi vampires, wut?], I still find it much more interesting, and simply better than one of the Vampire Bund.
Basically, what I'm saying is, if you put them both under the same genre, whether it be ''vampire'' or ''horror'' anime, I [and anyone else] have the liberty of saying which one I think is more interesting/amusing/badass/whatever overall.
ElectromistressJan 7, 2010 5:53 PM
Jan 7, 2010 5:42 PM

Dec 2009
I don't follow the manga, but for what I've read from your comments, it was big dissapointment. I think I might start reading the manga to compare.
But overall, it was a big dissapointment, and I'm not bringing the manga in. I thought it was going to have omre epic scenes... but it was a TV Show...
I just hope it gets better.
Jan 7, 2010 5:49 PM

Jul 2009
Perhaps not the best episode to suck in potential new viewers^^
In all honesty the whole game show thing was quite boring. And talk about a huge anticlimax when they guy turned into a large green cameleon xD

Though I will definitely continue to watch this show since it hold allot of promise, lets just hope shaft doesn't F*ck things up and add too much of their (imo) ridiculously bad sense of humour and long outdrawn boring dialogues.
Jan 7, 2010 6:21 PM

May 2008
LLOL comedy in the preview, erm well i would say since i dun really like vampire shows, this was pretty above average for me

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 7, 2010 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Ok..what was that?! o_O
I consider this to be episode 0..jeez better pick up on episode 1

That guy who get interview on tv show..i think he is the main character..you know XD

And no this is not chapter 4, i think they haven't met yet..
Jan 7, 2010 6:39 PM

Dec 2007
Always a bunch of manga readers in these new episode topics lol.

Have not read manga yet.

When I started watching I thought I got the wrong anime since the loli vampire was nowhere to be seen and the quality as dodgy...

Was an interesting start from a none manga reader point of view.
Jan 7, 2010 6:54 PM

Jan 2008
the last time I saw the game/talk show element used was Ergo Proxy

the talk show in Lucky Star doesn't count..
Jan 7, 2010 6:54 PM
Jul 2009
This was a bit different than what I expected, but I guess it was OK.

I still have hope for this anime. I just hope it doesn't disappoint. =P
Jan 7, 2010 6:56 PM

Mar 2009
biggest let down in awhile
not that i was expecting it to be like the manga
but this crap put me to sleep
if they would have just wrapped that game show crap up in like 5 mins and got on with it im sure everything would have been fine
i'll assume the next ep will get serious
Jan 7, 2010 7:07 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was bad...
I hope it will get better in the future episodes =/.
Jan 7, 2010 7:07 PM

Jul 2009
This was actually fairly decent, and I don't have a manga reading experience to ruin it.

Seems like it'll be headed in a good direction, let's hope SHAFT lives up to my current expectations and hopes.

Oh, and <3 Mina Tepes

| Nothing is at it seems. |
Jan 7, 2010 7:15 PM

Jun 2008
i read the manga and it is so much better than this. I hope it improves but if you don't like the anime so far give the manga a try
Jan 7, 2010 7:21 PM

Oct 2009
I just checked out 7 volumes of the manga and I didn't see a vampire-lizard anywhere. What the hell, SHAFT ? Trying some original bullshit on this series ?
Jan 7, 2010 7:33 PM

Oct 2009
I haven't read the manga at all and I thought this was okay. Not great nor terrible.
The end was pretty good but the game show or whatever type intro was kinda stupid.
Jan 7, 2010 7:33 PM
May 2008
Weird first episode, not to mention boring as hell. If this series doesn't pick up within a few episodes I'll probably drop, and check out the manga for the hell of it (I'll most likely do this anyway).
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 7, 2010 8:26 PM

May 2009
well that was suprising, but again, as expected from SHAFT. I hope the next eps will be better though. an please, seeing that this isnt following the manga closly, plz do not include that shitty ecchi scenes...
Jan 7, 2010 8:29 PM

May 2009
That was certainly the most interesting of the pilot episodes I've seen so far. Was it good? Well, I found it enjoyable even though I was hoping for a most conventional intro into the story. Looking forward to episode 2 not knowing exactly what to expect.
Jan 7, 2010 8:45 PM

Dec 2009
The manga was not interesting to start with, so Shaft is trying to do some experiment. I had a few seconds of surprise when I saw the "new" characters, but I agree with others the episode is boring ...
Jan 7, 2010 8:51 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
At first I thought wtf am I watching, but 2/3 of the way through it actually was quite entertaining.

I like the story so far and the animation is pretty good so I think I'll stick with this for the next few episodes and see where it goes from there :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 7, 2010 9:30 PM

Sep 2009
Probably 2 episode and next would be и manga. But I don't understand why they make 1st episode such...
Jan 7, 2010 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
It was kinda cool but pretty generalistic and a little cliche, i hope the series picks up as it goes on this makes me not wanna read the manga.
Jan 7, 2010 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, that was different to what i expected. o.O
Jan 7, 2010 10:09 PM

Nov 2007
I was expecting to be disappointed from hearing what other manga readers have said but this wasn't that bad when I watched it. I am however very worried now that there are only 11 episodes left to cover all the manga material showed in the trailer.With luck, they'll announce that there will be a second 12 episode season shortly before then end because I can't see them fitting in so much in just 11 episodes.

Oh, but I seriously lol'd at Tamaki Nozomu, author of Vampire Bund, in the TV show. Meta humour ftw XD.
Jan 7, 2010 10:14 PM
Oct 2007
I was more intrigued with the layout of the episode (the feeling of a television show) than what was actually going on. Dunno how this will go. Couldn't care about the manga, though.
Jan 7, 2010 10:49 PM

Jan 2009
i wont say is bad is pretty good

Jan 7, 2010 11:02 PM

Apr 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I haven't read the manga, so I can't really say if I would've liked that beginning better, but this was certainly an unusual and refreshing way to start a series.

I had fun watching the cheesy game-show parody (yes, the cheese WAS intentional), especially since I just recently finished Ergo Proxy, which also contained such a parody. It was a good, lighthearted way to introduce viewers to the themes of the show and allowed for a nice surprise when the vampires finally started showing up at the end. The discussion about vampires was interesting and a nice foil to the events that are sure to come, and the style and animation were quite to my liking (although SFW's subpar encode did a good job of covering that up). A good start to a series that I'm almost certainly going to continue to follow - the only part I really didn't care for was the DOA-style breast bounce (lol exaggerate much?) when the "queen of vampires" stood up.

4/5 - one of the better takes on vampires I've seen.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.
Jan 7, 2010 11:28 PM
Nov 2009
Kantarou said:
I am however very worried now that there are only 11 episodes left to cover all the manga material showed in the trailer.With luck, they'll announce that there will be a second 12 episode season shortly before then end because I can't see them fitting in so much in just 11 episodes.

I feel the same way. In the trailer we see the scene where Akira rips off the head of a "certain character", that is pretty deep in the manga. Either SHAFT is changing the story dramatically or they are going with something completely new.
Jan 8, 2010 1:58 AM
Nov 2008
At first I was like 'well, though mockumentaries are in boom these days, this show's gonna be at least watchable with such cool Shimbo's dialogues but then I FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU'd. Lolis, maids and that berserker lizard-guy. Oh, man.
Jan 8, 2010 2:26 AM
Jun 2009
the first few minutes i was a little bored, but i liked it as it went on...
looking forward to epi 2 not really knowing what to expect xD.
Jan 8, 2010 2:34 AM
Mar 2009
This was a dare I say unique first episode, as expected from Shaft I guess. I'm hearing the manga's not all that great, so I guess Shaft's gonna try to make it more interesting in some way.

Oh well, this was an okay first episode, and I find the main character Mina interesting so far, I hope it gets better.
Jan 8, 2010 3:15 AM

May 2009
I expected this episode to be different from the manga, so I went in without expecting too much. Still, that still doesn't take away that I think the first 10 minutes took far too long. Maybe I'll have to give this a few tries later, so that it can grow on me.

Because I'd like to be remain optimistic, I'm giving this a 7 for the time being. Hopefully, they'll pick up the pace a bit more with episode 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2010 3:43 AM

Nov 2009
I really liked this ep
I haven't read the manga but for the first ep I think it's pretty interesting
the poregram about believe or not believe :P

also the man in the interview looks like he is a vampire himself even after denying thier existens the little girl somewho know him
Jan 8, 2010 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
He's not a vampire. I won't say anything more >_>
Jan 8, 2010 4:09 AM

May 2008
peroxid said:
seeing that this isnt following the manga closly, plz do not include that shitty ecchi scenes...

What ecchi scenes?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 8, 2010 4:47 AM

Jul 2009
peroxidan said:
please, seeing that this isnt following the manga closly, plz do not include that shitty ecchi scenes...

Hey! One of the reasons I'm watching this is the hope of seeing some delicious loli flat chests, so please DO include the more "skin revealing parts" from the manga. :D
Jan 8, 2010 4:48 AM

Sep 2008
chaosflame said:
This is why I don't read manga, I go into the show with a clean slate not expecting anything, and I think it turned out really well.

Agreed. I'm totally hooked, to me, it went way better than I expected.
Jan 8, 2010 4:48 AM

Apr 2008
Speaking as someone who doesn't know anything about the manga but was looking forward to the series, this isn't what I expected but isn't bad either. It certainly didn't wow me, and I was really hoping to see more of how Shaft's beautiful animation handles extended combat scenes. Talk show was amusingly realistic, though. Rather turned off by this true forms business. They lampshaded it with the whole judging based on legends line, but vampires have a real problem with sticking whatever property the author feels like on them long as they drink blood.

Darklight0303 said:
I won't say anything more >_>

Would have been better if you didn't say anything at all. Hopefully this was a fairly early reveal, since that's plenty of spoiler to me.
Jan 8, 2010 4:54 AM

Apr 2008
LOL so just by denying what he isn't, that's a big spoiler? Funny since if you click his character in the character list you get a LOT more spoilers than my mere denial of ONE possibility.

A spoiler would be if I confirmed who or what he is. Something I did not do
Darklight0303Jan 8, 2010 4:57 AM
Jan 8, 2010 5:28 AM
Mar 2009
this felt more like a prologue then anything else
Jan 8, 2010 6:14 AM

May 2009
ukonkivi said:
peroxid said:
seeing that this isnt following the manga closly, plz do not include that shitty ecchi scenes...

What ecchi scenes?

did u read the manga?

EternalDreamer said:
peroxid said:
please, seeing that this isnt following the manga closly, plz do not include that shitty ecchi scenes...

Hey! One of the reasons I'm watching this is the hope of seeing some delicious loli flat chests, so please DO include the more "skin revealing parts" from the manga. :D

if it was only flat chest... and the whole bunch of milk tits??
Jan 8, 2010 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
You know the more you watch this episode, you start to catch little things. So, after watching it three more times, I didn't think it was a bad as it was before.

Still, there was some problems with it:

The game show/talk show "vampires are real" thing, while it is amusing, is still fairly boring and actually kinda pointless. Anyone who reads the manga or looks at the title know vampires are going to be into this, not to mention *coughs* werewolves *coughs*

The vampire reveals himself and turns him into the Geico gecko. Now, I know in the manga that their true forms reflect their inner personality but not only does the gecko form look badly animated, it's almost more ridiculous than sparkling vampires.

There are times in the first episode where it looks overanimated, especially Mina's queen stand-in. The animation is heavy handed, much like Maria Holic's animation style. Actually, it's identical to Maria's Holic animation style. Not a bad thing in theory, but the animation is not first-rate or perfect.

Still, it's a 6-7 episode for me. The manga is much much better than this though, as well as most vampire anime and manga in my opinion.
Jan 8, 2010 7:17 AM

Oct 2009
I thought it was pretty good, but then I haven't read the manga.
Wasn't expecting the vampire dude to transform into a chameleon-looking thing though.
Jan 8, 2010 7:33 AM

Sep 2007
Quite boring at first scene, SHAFT make it too long to introduce about vampires (weather is real or not). I nearly dare to skip that part and looks who's suddenly reveal his true form. And this take the first action of the vampires.

I do like Mina, she is a cool and scary loli (Im not a lolicon) plus flated chested body that look more a sexy vampire.

Weather I read manga or not, I grab this series.
Jan 8, 2010 8:24 AM
Aug 2007
Watch this as it's another Shinbou's work and you can enjoy the show.
Jan 8, 2010 9:06 AM

Aug 2009
It wasn't the best first episode that I've seen, but I guess this anime will become better!
I like the story, altough I haven't read the manga.
Why only 12 episodes? :(
Jan 8, 2010 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
lol this might actually be interesting. and since i treat what goes on with mangas independently to what goes on in their adaptation, the deviations wont bother me too much. the whole tv show setting was a bit different but hopefully the rest will be more to the point.
Jan 8, 2010 10:09 AM
Apr 2008
I was asking myself "what the f**k is this" for most of the episode.
Hopefuly its only this one ep. that sucked and follows the manga, which I like.
Jan 8, 2010 10:52 AM

Oct 2009
ukonkivi said:
peroxid said:

What ecchi scenes?
Nude scenes and lots of them apparently skimming through manga right now but not reading it. Beginning looks to be full of action indeed unlike this one.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 8, 2010 11:01 AM

Sep 2008
Overall it was OK. The first part of the episode was quite boring, but the last part was cool. For so far I've heard it, the voices really fit the characters. *loves Akira* >.<
Jan 8, 2010 11:23 AM

Jun 2009
The lolitas who liked Mina and dont read the manga will be disapointed when they see her true form.

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.