Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone else watch anime for the deep emptiness they feel inside?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2016 3:02 AM

Oct 2013
4 years ago yes, now not so much. Anime is more of a struggle/task for me to finish. Majority of the anime complete on my list was done within a year... Now it's mostly completely 1 anime every two or three months.
Mar 22, 2016 7:56 AM

May 2015
No.

The only way to escape the world is suicide. I'll do it someday, but for now I'm trying to improve my life. I watch anime to expose myself to new points of view.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 22, 2016 7:58 AM
Sep 2015
I watch anime for the boredom. For the deep emptiness I read books.
Mar 22, 2016 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
I really feel this world is less interesting the more I watch anime, now I think and daydream about myself being in one of my most favorite anime. Especially when life gets too bad for me like sine last year and till now I'm having problems with work and I wish if I can just vanish. I got engaged recently and now feel like I want to break up with my fiance as she'll never understands anime as I do and will never be able to get these feelings.

I feel alone in this universe but when I watch anime I feel like someone beyond this world line really understands me, someone who exists in anime.
Mar 22, 2016 1:37 PM
Mar 2016
Damn, if you feel that way you should avoid Aoi Bungaku -_- (ningen Shukkaku series) but look on the bright side. At least we're not looking at One Direction 5SOS for comfort
Mar 22, 2016 3:59 PM
Duck Overlord

Mar 2016
I watch anime purely for the experience.
And the fangirl opportunities.
And for Tai Kamiya.
And because it's awesome.
And because I'm an otaku.
And because...
Aw, forget it.
"The moment you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on so long." - Natsu Dragneel

"Now I see more and understand less." - Taichi Yagami
Mar 22, 2016 4:13 PM

Dec 2015
That's the only reason I do anything OP, gotta try fill that void some how.
Dec 10, 2018 8:57 AM

Jul 2015
Partly yes and no. I mean I can just say yes and leave it that way but I won't because I don't think I watch anime just because I feel empty since I’ve been watching anime shows eversince I was younger. I watch it because I enjoy watching it. It draws me in, inspires me, it help me learn to appreciate and create better perceptions in life and comfort me a lil bit through some hardships.

Basically, it does more than keeping me from being bored or filling up the empty whole inside.
Dec 10, 2018 9:24 AM
May 2016
that's the only reason i watch anime, never works though...
Dec 10, 2018 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
big anime smiles help cure the loneliness in my cold bitter heart
Dec 11, 2018 2:38 AM

Jan 2018
No fuk that shit.I watch anime just for fun
Dec 11, 2018 12:04 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
probably depressed over 10 years. Anime is primary thing that manages to give me different kind of emotions and it being the only certain thing to give some positive emotions. So while I watch Anime, I do enjoy myself.

Out of that.... fuck life. Few things that wanna do, achieve. Have simply no energy or will. Plus the constant overwhelming emotions of some IRL shit that life requires. (working, earning money, burning a lot of free time for sake of money. Also finding vanilla faithful love...moving out................). Sadly most my interest that give me positive emotions. Require money. And monetizing them is extremely difficult, minimal and essentially gambling.

But eh...got some plans to test stuff to "maybe will change towards better". Some brain chemistry basically. As last resort tho.

So yeah, Anime is best discovery I made in early age. Has helped me with alot. And fills the "surface void" .
Dec 12, 2018 6:30 AM

Aug 2010
sounds like a high shcool mentality. Youll grow out of it.... or become a loser.

you give your own life worth and meaning.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Would your husbando wash your dirty feet?

Catalano - 17 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

34 by Horshu »»
3 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 23 minutes ago

7 by WatchTillTandava »»
3 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - 1 hour ago

8 by Horshu »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 9 hours ago

37 by Horshu »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.