Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Seeing the White Base being abandoned after our long trip together was sad. The escape and rescue operation gave nice scenes to every member of the crew, even the little Kikka was moving when she refused to leave without Amuro and the other pilots. Bright staying behind for a minute like he was praying for his ship (and their "home") made me like him even more while his clumsy attempt at Mirai revived my hopes (yes, he's a bit younger but they work good together).
The reunion of all the (surviving) crew was heartwarming, I was even starting to worry about Amuro despite being aware of the Core Booster.

Quite impressed by Amuro who clearly used his communication abilities to their extent (we even learn that Kikka is a potential Newtype) in order to save everyone. It's nice to see he found a reason to fight in the will to protect the people he had lived with. I couldn't trust what I saw when Lalah came back in a spiritual form to support Amuro and pushed him to live (at least, it could help him cope with a possible sentiment of culpability).

Those 4 months of great personal and global story (that I read over five months) were certainly worth every turned page. I grew fond of many characters over the weeks ) while some were instantly likable (many of them sadly dying pathetically, gloriously, or even stupidly). And I actually am bothered to have to leave them so soon. Not right after the battle at least, since a few special chapters are included in the Vertical edition, but since they are set a few years later, I will wait until I have watched the last movie and the side-stories of the One-Year-War period.

edit: now that I think about it more clearly... what was this Core Fighter in the debris about? I thought at first it was Sayla's jet they had left behind but remembered that she went out in a G.M. More importantly, the last page shows it flying away, right?
@Phaetons_Folly I know about it being a piece of the Gundam, it just seemed weird shown like that. (Just me, I guess.)
Rei_IIIJul 31, 2022 7:32 AM
Jul 28, 2022 8:08 AM

Feb 2012
Rei_III said:
now that I think about it more clearly... what was this Core Fighter in the debris about? I thought at first it was Sayla's jet they had left behind but remembered that she went out in a G.M. More importantly, the last page shows it flying away, right?

The Gundam always had a corefighter inside it. Amuro just rarely had the need to use it. He mentioned Sayla because the last time he used it was in the training he did with here volumes back.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 14 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 28, 2013

2 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 26, 2023 1:14 PM

» I think zeon might actually be based on the soviet union.

Neostorm-X - May 31, 2023

1 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 34 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Apr 28, 2014

2 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 12:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Chapter 33 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 23, 2014

2 by Neostorm-X »»
May 31, 2023 11:58 AM

» full colour vs black and white versions?

Neostorm-X - May 20, 2023

1 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.