Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2016 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
Well, personally this series looks pretty much quite promising.

I am expecting the Tragedy, Human world in some sort of Apocalypse..and Monster that can killed by striking certain Area....Long time since I have seen this kind potential PURE ANIME Show (that is not based on existing Manga or novel. that is trying to Reach quite High.

But, I have to admit...this show has quite similar setting it's own way...to Certain Manga/Anime show....Yep...You guys guessed it right..Talking ABout SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN or ATTACK ON TITAN
You have to admit that there are lot of similarities...MOnster that can killed only by cutting/Piercing certain area, Protagonist hellbent for Revenge/wanting to Kill monster (Need a confirmation on this.), Humanity have build communities for protection against these monsters....Only exceptions being, Industry Revolution time, meaning more bigger effecting Guns and that these Monsters can infect anyone they Bite...so Somewhat Zombie Apocalypse on top of that?

Well, Trailers look awesome and there is a lot of Possible Potential. we will see where this goes.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 21, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2016
It would be pretty funny if the MC turns into a zombie to help humanity haha.
Mar 21, 2016 10:57 PM

Mar 2013
Is copying yourself really that wrong? Same director and studio as AOT.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 21, 2016 11:23 PM

Oct 2007
EvenJellyOn said:

Wit Studio never created Attack on Titan, it's an adaptation. I know this is MAL but come on already people actually know something for once.
Mar 21, 2016 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
EvenJellyOn said:

Wit Studio never created Attack on Titan, it's an adaptation. I know this is MAL but come on already people actually know something for once.

I know it's a adaptation. You notice heaps of the same things by the same staff though.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 22, 2016 12:58 AM

Jul 2013
forexjammer said:

He'll turn into something in-between, sorta half-human and half-zombie. The titular Kabaneri in the title, which is what they called the zombies, is probably the MC. My guess is that this is the controversial part that happened in ep 3 for the people who've watched the first 3 episodes screening. This is not a spoiler as I also haven't watched it yet. It's just what I picked up from the first 3 PVs shown here.

Mar 22, 2016 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
Even if it does borrow a lot from AoT I won't factor that into my rating. It's lame that they're not being very original but if the anime is good then I'll give praise where praise is due.
BoiiiiiiiiiiMar 22, 2016 5:23 AM
Mar 22, 2016 3:59 AM

Feb 2013
Its obviously based on AoT but I also hope it ends being rather different in the end. But who knows, I wouldnt be surprises If this anime is just pure marketing to make people more hyped for AoT season 2

Mar 22, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2016
EasyGo-er said:
forexjammer said:

He'll turn into something in-between, sorta half-human and half-zombie. The titular Kabaneri in the title, which is what they called the zombies, is probably the MC. My guess is that this is the controversial part that happened in ep 3 for the people who've watched the first 3 episodes screening. This is not a spoiler as I also haven't watched it yet. It's just what I picked up from the first 3 PVs shown here.

Oh maybe he will get the limiter of the brain thingy off so he can get superstrength like the zombies but still a human.
Mar 22, 2016 9:12 PM
May 2012
Why am I suddenly feeling worked up & stressed about this after I reading a so-called similarities?
Mar 24, 2016 1:18 PM
Sep 2012
Already trying to bash a anime you haven't seen yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2015
It clearly is "inspired" by AOT.... That might just be a euphemism

But if they can do it better, then who are we to judge.... In the end a lot of anime are based on similar plots, just some are pulled off better than others.

Did you see that the themes are done by Egoist.... Big fan LOL

I really liked the Guilty Crown soundtrack
I am the scales of justice, conductor of the choir of death!

Mar 24, 2016 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
just going with the new trend
non-human enemies
revenge
MC turn's in the enemies somehow

I have big hopes for this show p.p
even tho it seems it's gonna be a cliche mass pleaser
Mar 25, 2016 3:14 AM

Dec 2014
But at least it's not going to be one of those mainstream rom-com ecchi/full of fanservices animes that we're being flooded by lately.
We need some serious and deep psychological shit this year, bringing some sort of new trend or fandom.
But hey, this is made by people who worked on Death Note, Guilty Crown, Code Geass, FMA and lots of awesome animes. I'm pretty hyped for this, also because of Chelly and Aimer sings for the OP and ED :3
Mar 25, 2016 8:00 AM

Jun 2013
KyuremX said:
But at least it's not going to be one of those mainstream rom-com ecchi/full of fanservices animes that we're being flooded by lately.
We need some serious and deep psychological shit this year, bringing some sort of new trend or fandom.
But hey, this is made by people who worked on Death Note, Guilty Crown, Code Geass, FMA and lots of awesome animes. I'm pretty hyped for this, also because of Chelly and Aimer sings for the OP and ED :3

Well have to admit...I am waiting for the tragedy and all that after All shounen and Seinen Animes (DXD Born, That's last 2-3 episodes sucked a Loot and JIETAI That so far has Been a Good Series if somewhat rushed) and other similar...now will be time of the action, tradegy and drama...om Top of some potential Psychological Stuff...that is something that I am actually waiting a lot.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 26, 2016 9:00 AM

May 2015
I just think that this show is gonna be so fcking overrated :P
Mar 26, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2012
At least the Op and Ed are going to be original.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Mar 26, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
just saw the PV instantly just thought Edo attack on titan Snowpiercer with a mix of zombie,whose's to say it will actually be good we'll just have to see.

but EGOIST and Aimer i'm okay with this at least
Mar 27, 2016 3:19 AM

Nov 2011
whatever happens, this will be better then that garbage....watchimma call it???? ehhhh Attack on Tigers??? oohhh right Attack on Titan.
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 27, 2016 3:23 AM

Jul 2015
IheartC2 said:
whatever happens, this will be better then that garbage....watchimma call it???? ehhhh Attack on Tigers??? oohhh right Attack on Titan.

Snk is objectively better than all your shitty favorites
Mar 27, 2016 3:49 AM

Dec 2014
tragedydesu said:
IheartC2 said:

SnK could've been a better anime. It was just way too overrated. I've been reading the manga and imo it's really original and unique until Eren became somekind of marty stu... but bah, whatever, I don't care, I'm still reading it; I'm curious on how Hajime Isayama will end the series.
Back to the topic. Let's wait another few weeks, then we'll discuss whether this anime have the potential to go up through roof or it'll be just a big fire that eventually will die after the hype's been blown away
Mar 27, 2016 4:10 AM

Mar 2015
I'll be willing to jump on the hype train as long as the MC doesn't turn out an exact copy of Eren.
tragedydesu said:
IheartC2 said:

@tragedydesu both of you have Code Geass in your favourites..
Mar 27, 2016 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
Being inspired off something =/ being a copy.

It's not like Hajime owns and copyrighted the concept of attack of titan, all animes can do the same ( or even go further and be better? ).

If we liked attack on titan, then for what reason would we hate another anime that's trying to be as good ?
Mar 28, 2016 4:04 AM

Aug 2012
tragedydesu said:
IheartC2 said:

Why Shingeki no Kyojin is objectively terrible
.................................................................................
Mar 28, 2016 10:57 PM

May 2014
Nowadays, it's SOP to claim X show is a ripoff of Attack on Titan or Tokyo Ghoul. Even for adaptations of mangas from the 90's.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 29, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2012
WhiteFact said:

It's not like Hajime owns and copyrighted the concept of attack of titan, all animes can do the same ( or even go further and be better? ).

If we liked attack on titan, then for what reason would we hate another anime that's trying to be as good ?

^^^^^^pretty much

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 29, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2016
Aside from the obvious stuff; the style seems to emulate AoT a bit with the steampunk-esque weaponry.

I know it hasn't been out yet but already with what little we've seen, there is so much similarity that I'm having a hard time seeing the show as more than an attempt to hitch a ride on a particular style that's popular.
Mar 30, 2016 11:57 PM

Dec 2015
KyuremX said:

First, the fact it is using the same patriarchal pandering schemes that SnK prided itself upon and the fact it is surrounded by massive hype means this, in fact, will be a mainstream anime. These types of shows are not bringing new trends to the fandom; rather, they are bolstering horrible, hateful trends that have plagued the fandom.

Regarding the bolded text, if you really feel that those overrated titles are great anime, then you are definitely in the mainstream majority.
Mar 31, 2016 5:23 AM

Feb 2016
CherryLover said:
KyuremX said:

First, the fact it is using the same patriarchal pandering schemes that SnK prided itself upon and the fact it is surrounded by massive hype means this, in fact, will be a mainstream anime. These types of shows are not bringing new trends to the fandom; rather, they are bolstering horrible, hateful trends that have plagued the fandom.

Regarding the bolded text, if you really feel that those overrated titles are great anime, then you are definitely in the mainstream majority.
Well, I don't want to sound evil or something but why do you even are in these forums, if you don't wanna watch the anime? Also if an anime is overrated, it doesnt mean that it isn't good.
I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Mar 31, 2016 7:59 PM

Dec 2015
AngryPotato34 said:
Well, I don't want to sound evil or something but why do you even are in these forums, if you don't wanna watch the anime? Also if an anime is overrated, it doesnt mean that it isn't good.

I am here on the forums, to express my opinions, whether people agree with them or not. I don't mean to be confrontational, but I will not apologize for my views. And it isn't that I am not watching the show, it is the fact I have very low expectations considering this show's premise and production team.

More often than not, overrated anime are mediocre at best and utter trash at worst. All they manage to do is use simple pandering tactics to draw in they hype of the masses drooling for entertainment.
Apr 1, 2016 4:51 AM

Feb 2016
CherryLover said:
AngryPotato34 said:

I am here on the forums, to express my opinions, whether people agree with them or not. I don't mean to be confrontational, but I will not apologize for my views. And it isn't that I am not watching the show, it is the fact I have very low expectations considering this show's premise and production team.

More often than not, overrated anime are mediocre at best and utter trash at worst. All they manage to do is use simple pandering tactics to draw in they hype of the masses drooling for entertainment.
Of course you can express your opinions! I'm not telling you to stop posting in these forums, I'm just saying that it's not very good judjing without even watching. Well, of course we can say "it might be" or "it could be" but saying "it will be trash, waste of my time" isnt good. Ofc we can't be too hyped either.

Also every "overrated" anime I have watched so far was great (for me at least) It wasn't disappointing either. The only one I hate is SAO (I just don't like it for many reasons).

Apr 2, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2015
AngryPotato34 said:
Of course you can express your opinions! I'm not telling you to stop posting in these forums, I'm just saying that it's not very good judjing without even watching. Well, of course we can say "it might be" or "it could be" but saying "it will be trash, waste of my time" isnt good. Ofc we can't be too hyped either.

Also every "overrated" anime I have watched so far was great (for me at least) It wasn't disappointing either. The only one I hate is SAO (I just don't like it for many reasons).

If KnK follows the steps of its predecessor, SnK, I can assure it, in fact, will be trash.

Once again, here we have a difference of opinion. So to argue any further would be mere vanity. Though, in all honesty, I am puzzled that you dislike SAO in comparison to the other overrated anime that have been mentioned here.
Apr 3, 2016 3:41 AM

Feb 2016
CherryLover said:
AngryPotato34 said:

If KnK follows the steps of its predecessor, SnK, I can assure it, in fact, will be trash.

Once again, here we have a difference of opinion. So to argue any further would be mere vanity. Though, in all honesty, I am puzzled that you dislike SAO in comparison to the other overrated anime that have been mentioned here.
Yes, we have different opinions, that's true. I don't compare SAO with all these "overrated" anime 'cuase they are on a whole different level.

Everyone who went to the screenings of the first 3 episodes were satisfied and said that the series doesn't look like SnK so far. You don't like these kind of anime from what I have seen, so SnK it's trash for you not for everyone. The way you tell your opinion is like you are talking in general. Do whatever you want, in fact, I'm not gonna continue this conversation, it's pointless. But it would be good instead of spamming every single kabaneri thread, just tell your opinion in 1 or 2 of them. You know, people don't want to watch the same opinion in like 4 different threads, it's annoying. I don't want to insult you, okay? You have a bad reputation and that's kinda weird 'cause your taste in anime looks kawaii. You should easily become one of the most likeable users in mal, if you express your opinions in a good way. Cause it's different to say "Free is a fanservise trash" with "Free has fanservice something that disappoints me....etc"

Apr 3, 2016 5:04 AM
Jul 2015
I got attack on titan feels from it tbh but I liked attack on titan so I am not opposed at all to it.
Apr 3, 2016 8:36 AM

Jun 2012
@AngryPotato34 you seem like a nice person so I'm gonna give you a piece of advice:

do not feed the troll

just...let it go? it's for the best

Apr 3, 2016 8:50 AM

Feb 2016
NemuriNezumi said:
@AngryPotato34 you seem like a nice person so I'm gonna give you a piece of advice:

do not feed the troll

just...let it go? it's for the best
Okie good sir! :D Thanks for the advice!

Apr 3, 2016 9:01 AM

Jun 2012
AngryPotato34 said:

"Sir"...? I'm not a guy, just saying xD'''

Apr 3, 2016 9:25 AM
Jul 2015
I was also ticked by the "subtle" similarities with Shingeki no Kyojin, but I never judge until I watch and I don't indent to change that now.
I'm expecting great work in terms of soundtrack and animation, but story-wise I honestly don't know what to expect, especially since I don't think it has a Manga/Light novel source.
However, at the very least (and this is in case the anime is the crappiest this season), Koutetsujou no Kabaneri took the spot of another Harem/Romance/Ecchi/Fan-service blasphemous series that, ironically, would've become popular no matter what.
Apr 3, 2016 9:47 AM

Feb 2016
NemuriNezumi said:
AngryPotato34 said:

"Sir"...? I'm not a guy, just saying xD'''
I know but I love saying "sir" not personal xDD

Apr 8, 2016 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
No. It's a copy of Rail Wars, because both have trains.

Honestly, stop this. I remember the same discussion, when Owari no Seraph aired. That they share common themes, doesn't make one of them a copy. Stories about humans facing a nonhuman threat are probably as old as mankind itself. That's like saying Snk is a copy of Matrix or Stargate Atlantis.

City, that's the last hope of mankind? Check.
Protagonist hellbent for revenge/wanting to kill monster? Check. ( Morpheus/Ronon )
Nonhuman beings, that can't easily be killed? Check.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 8, 2016 1:30 PM

Nov 2012
TheBigGuy said:

Honestly, stop this. I remember the same discussion, when Owari no Seraph aired. That they share common themes, doesn't make one of them a copy. Stories about humans facing a nonhuman threat are probably as old as mankind itself. That's like saying Snk is a copy of Matrix or Stargate Atlantis.

Protagonist hellbent for revenge/wanting to kill monster? Check. ( Morpheus/Ronon )

couldn't agree more
Apr 8, 2016 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
jose21 said:
TheBigGuy said:

couldn't agree more

Thanks. Glad that someone agrees.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 8, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
TheBigGuy said:

Yup.

Whenever someone claims "this is like aot because you have humans living surrounded by man-eating monsters", that just shows that their cultural knowledge in terms of pop culture is extremely limited. I doubt they even realize who George Romero is.
Apr 8, 2016 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
TheBigGuy said:

Yup.

Whenever someone claims "this is like aot because you have humans living surrounded by man-eating monsters", that just shows that their cultural knowledge in terms of pop culture is extremely limited. I doubt they even realize who George Romero is.

well, did not believe this forum would become this lively.

So far Series has potential and is not that much of the copy thankfully. Happy to see that they just used inspiration instead of straight copy.

Enjoyed the episode 1 quite. action, drama and from here n build up starts.

Have to agree tough with you..."this is like aot because you have humans living surrounded by man-eating monsters" LOL what the hell?

Should we then say same about Highschool of Dead? is this copy of that series, because there is zombies in this, that spread the virus by biting?

We will see where the series go, when we get more than 1 episode aired.

Apr 8, 2016 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
TheBigGuy said:

Snk wasn't big enough to influence owari no seraph at the time. The difference with this series is that it's an anime original, and they just so happen to create this series right after the mega success of snk. It's also has the exact same staff as snk.

I also think you and other person is missing the big point here, no one is saying snk is original or it brought anything new to the table. What people are sying is that this series got influence by snk, although some just call it a rip off, which I don't agree with.

Saying that there's a million anime or shows similar to snk, doesn't negate the fact that this series got influence by snk. For eg. The author of snk was inspired to make snk after playing the muv luv video game, is muv luv original? Nope, but the fact remain is that this specific series is what inspired him, he got ideas from that specific series.

Kabaneri is in the same position just like snk was to muv luv. They use ideas from snk and modify it into something different. It's certainly not a rip off imo, but it's similar to snk. Prople just use rip off instead of influence.

Is this a reasonable point? Or am I just being a fanboy here?
keragammingApr 8, 2016 2:59 PM
Apr 8, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2015
keragamming said:
TheBigGuy said:

Snk wasn't big enough to influence owari no seraph at the time. The difference with this series is that it's an anime original, and they just so happen to create this series right after the mega success of snk. It's also has the exact same staff as snk.

I also think you and other person is missing the big point here, no one is saying snk is original or it broiwght anything new to the table. What people are sying is that this series got influence by snk, although some just call it a rip off, which I don't agree with.

Saying that there's a million anime or shows similar to snk, doesn't negate the fact that this series got influence by snk. For eg. The author of snk was inspired to make snk after playing the miv luv video game, is muv luluv original? Nope, but the fact remain is that this specific series is what inspired him, he got ideas from that series.

Kabaneri is in the same position just like snk was to muv luv. They use ideas from snk and modify it into something different. It's certainly not a rip off imo, but it's similar to snk. Prople just use rip off instead of influence.
One thing is taking an idea or inspiration from a show another is trying to emulate a show just to make money. The amount of similarities is too much to call it just inspiration/influence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2016 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
zal said:
keragamming said:

I also think you and other person is missing the big point here, no one is saying snk is original or it broiwght anything new to the table. What people are sying is that this series got influence by snk, although some just call it a rip off, which I don't agree with.

Saying that there's a million anime or shows similar to snk, doesn't negate the fact that this series got influence by snk. For eg. The author of snk was inspired to make snk after playing the miv luv video game, is muv luluv original? Nope, but the fact remain is that this specific series is what inspired him, he got ideas from that series.

One thing is taking an idea or inspiration from a show another is trying to emulate a show just to make money. The amount of similarities is too much to call it just inspiration/influence.

It's funny that you said that, because even when I use words like "influence" people like @Fai still denies it, and they would imply that this series got 0% influence from snk, since a million other does the samething.

I prefer using terms like "influence" instead of "rip off" because I don't want to look like a snobby snk fanboy. Lol I still think it changes up it's plot enough to not be called a blatant snk rip off.
Apr 8, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2015
keragamming said:
zal said:

It's funny that you said that, because even when I use words like "influence" people like @Fai still denies it, and they would imply that this series got 0% influence from snk, since a million other does the samething.

I prefer using terms like "influence" instead of "rip off" because I don't want to look like a snobby snk fanboy. Lol I still think it changes up it's plot enough to not be called a blatant snk rip off.
Changing the plot is easy, why not having an original mc too? why repeating many situations from snk? Obviously is not exactly the same but still not an original show. Overall to it seems a rip off.

People who like knk will justify it by using the little differences as excuse or ignore the similarities, those who don't like it will find everything the same as snk but a lot worse like me.
Apr 8, 2016 3:34 PM

Nov 2013
keragamming said:
TheBigGuy said:

I also think you and other person is missing the big point here, no one is saying snk is original or it brought anything new to the table. What people are sying is that this series got influence by snk, although some just call it a rip off, which I don't agree with.

Saying that there's a million anime or shows similar to snk, doesn't negate the fact that this series got influence by snk. For eg. The author of snk was inspired to make snk after playing the muv luv video game, is muv luv original? Nope, but the fact remain is that this specific series is what inspired him, he got ideas from that specific series.

Is this a reasonable point? Or am I just being a fanboy here?

Don't worry, it's perfectly reasonable. And I will not deny the influence of SnK, that wasn't my point. I'm just not agreeing with calling it a copy.
TheBigGuyApr 8, 2016 3:43 PM
Apr 10, 2016 5:07 PM
Nov 2014
WhiteDivinity said:

I agree with you. AOT isn't that great for me. but this one looks better.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.