Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Maybe one of the worst chapters in the history of ever.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 29, 2011 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
Well, they can't all be about terrible tragedies and giant mecha battles, can they? There needs to be a few to establish the characters.

Although, I also have mixed feelings about this chapter. It seems pretty explicit that there was supposed to be a moral to this story, however I can't decide if it's supposed to be the "forgiveness is the best policy" or the opposite. The way the characters present it and the whole where the crazy old guy gets hurt and they discover that he didn't really have any bad intentions would suggest that the moral is for forgiveness, but that doesn't really hold up if you think about it for five seconds. If they had called the police immediately when they found out about it, then they could have just caught him when he broke into their house. He also had already done that before and was going to do it again. Better that he get caught then so no one gets hurt in the future. Besides, the only response that I can come up with to the idea that calling the cops when your car gets jacked is immoral is "wat?"

So, yeah, it's probably that forgiving people indiscriminately is irresponsible. Or, perhaps, more likely, it's "forgive or get revenge, but whatever you do, do it immediately and don't be wishy washy about it." Yeah, that makes more sense, especially taking the last few chapters into consideration.

Then again, I'm just over-thinking things, and the only purpose to this chapter was almost certainly to establish why Chizu listened to her sister last chapter. This isn't the type of manga to have absolute morality.
Mar 19, 2013 3:49 PM

Dec 2011
:| Well, nice chapter, but I was hoping that this chapter might explain how Chizu's sister knew "all about Mr. Haragai" and still dated him and (for a long while). Her sister seems a little too perfect, actually.
Sep 30, 2015 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
Beatnik said:

Maybe one of the worst chapters in the history of ever.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokurano Chapter 65 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShootTheBullet - Jun 25, 2009

58 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 13, 2023 3:25 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Chapter 12 Discussion

AStrangerInside - Jul 7, 2015

1 by hik1komori »»
Oct 18, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bokurano Chapter 25 Discussion

AStrangerInside - Jul 8, 2015

1 by TotalingForever »»
May 30, 2022 10:56 PM

Poll: » Bokurano Chapter 19 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 6, 2010

2 by TotalingForever »»
May 30, 2022 9:38 PM

Poll: » Bokurano Chapter 42 Discussion

Cnon - Oct 2, 2015

2 by SpacemanSpiff357 »»
Jan 22, 2022 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.