Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loser is so awesome, seriously , he's became one of my favorite characters now from the show.

The episode was alright, liked for the fact that Kyouma's friend survived.
Interesting to see the memory walk. The show has done a really neat job with
characterization and background storytelling even if it wasn't pleasant. Really felt bad for Sophia for being involved in experimentation. Sigh, a cruel world. Lol another cliffhanger, looking forward to the finale.

Mar 20, 2016 7:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Loser has been the best character since his introduction and this episode just set that in stone
Mar 20, 2016 7:41 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So many weird things happened in this episode, the fact that only Kyoma knows where Genesis is and Sophia becomes tentacle monster for examples.

So Seamayer was just a normal scientist at first, I thought he had always been mad from the beginning.

I just hope Loser would survive until the end of series, I kinda see his death flag

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 20, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2012
Hmm...so Sophia became that monstrosity? Poor Loser. :( That bastard Seameyer's gotta pay! An interesting infodump episode, I'm just wondering what kind of closure, if any, next week's finale will bring.
Mar 20, 2016 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Sophia got turned into a tentacle monster.

Fuck Seamayer!
Mar 20, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2015
Hope the last episode will adapt most of the manga, its going to be good. =)

Spoiler...

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazMar 20, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 20, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2012
And that adapts all but the last few pages of volume 9/file 69. I just hope they had the next chapters in time to adapt them as v10 comes out on Friday. Of course Young Gangan comics has published them already so I dearly hope ep12 follows the manga like it has so far. No more material left even if the sales warranted another season, sadly.
Mar 20, 2016 8:11 AM

Jul 2015
Oh, I really loved this episode. I really am aching to see what happens next. So many things are coming together, and it makes this whole mess all the more interesting. The past about Loser, Haruka, Sophia, more of Kyouma, Genesis, I love it. <3 Dear Sophia has been turned into such a monster. I dying to know what happens next.

On the side note, the way Kyouma is acting towards Mira recently and how he acted towards Lwai right now reminds me of how Gintoki is with Shinpachi and Kagura. I love it. lol And Cassidy continues to humor me. I don't blame her for dashing in like that, as reckless as it is.
Mar 20, 2016 8:16 AM

Jul 2015
@valvravetruth

UGH. Why did I have to be such a fast reader! I know you said spoiler, but could you please tag it as such so that it could be a spoiler button next time? Now I have a feeling I know an event that will likely happen next episode. :(
Mar 20, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
Or so she said.

Getting kicked by Mira feels like... Ah, forget it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 20, 2016 8:21 AM
Dec 2011
That Seameyer is an idiot. But still, I don't blame him. They took his life's work away and even the mentor he trusted was against him. Now that it was mentioned, exactly what kind of coil DID Yurizaki try to create? It always bugged me, all the way from episode 1.

Sophia got turned into that? Really? I still think it's Seameyer just trying to mess with Loser.

Kyouma dropped the Genesis somewhere and not even he knows where it is.

Mira finally being connected to the story. Maybe Yurizaki knew that Kyouma became a Collector and that's why he thought Mira would ally with him after telling her to follow illegal coils. I mean, who is more suitable to follow illegal coils than a Collector of illegal coils, and Kyouma seems like he is the only Collector in japan, as all of the other Collectors were from 1 continent/region each.
Mar 20, 2016 8:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Interesting flashback episode.
Mar 20, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2014
Loser sure had a past.. Kyouma was the center of it all.////
The thrill continues one episode left
Mar 20, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2014
I really liked this episode, though I must admit the shock value was a bit ridiculous. It cleared a lot of things up and presented it in an interesting manner.

Though my main question is who will get the MacGuffin this arc was primarily focused about. That, and who will survive in the end.
Mar 20, 2016 9:01 AM

Sep 2015
About the part where Yurikaze's mysterious coil and why Mira is born for what purpose will not explain or only minimal relation in the easter island arc. The mystery continues~

The manga just ended the easter island arc, and only started a new arc. I'm not even sure the new arc will cover the purpose of Yurikaze or not lol. Sadly with the manga's speed, it will take very long for a second season anime also =(.
Mar 20, 2016 9:11 AM
Nov 2015
valvravetruth said:
About the part where Yurikaze's mysterious coil and why Mira is born for what purpose will not explain or only minimal relation in the easter island arc. The mystery continues~

The manga just ended the easter island arc, and only started a new arc. I'm not even sure the new arc will cover the purpose of Yurikaze or not lol. Sadly with the manga's speed, it will take very long for a second season anime also =(.

Thanks for pointing out the mangas progress :) I'm too scared too look at the raws since it will not only spoil me but still leave me clueless XD

Welp guess the finale episode will the be the last conclusion for a while. Can't wait :D
Mar 20, 2016 9:12 AM
Dec 2011
valvravetruth said:

Yeah, too bad they made this a 12 episode only anime, because it showed so much promise. If there really should be a season 2, I'll be waiting for it.
Mar 20, 2016 9:26 AM

Feb 2014
So many developments.

I bet Mira is connected to Genesis. Kyoma just has to remember what happened to Genesis.
Haruka Seameyer is just revolting and disgusting. Too bad for Loser, that giant thing surely doesn't look like his wife.
Mar 20, 2016 9:39 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty interesting episode in terms of Loser's backstory. Holy crap no wonder he hates Seameyer so much, he did some pretty awful shit. Looks like Kyouma's lost memories of that day also returned. Now to see how this all ends....

hpulley said:
And that adapts all but the last few pages of volume 9/file 69. I just hope they had the next chapters in time to adapt them as v10 comes out on Friday. Of course Young Gangan comics has published them already so I dearly hope ep12 follows the manga like it has so far. No more material left even if the sales warranted another season, sadly.

So this adapted pretty much all the content that's been released so far? That kind of sucks, but this honestly doesn't seem like the type of series that would get another season anyway......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 20, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
thebrentinator24 said:

hpulley said:

So this adapted pretty much all the content that's been released so far? That kind of sucks, but this honestly doesn't seem like the type of series that would get another season anyway......
Yeah, all used up. Sadly it will be 5 years until there is enough material for season 2. Not sure sales are good enough anyway. Will have to read this one to find out how it ends.
Mar 20, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2015
hpulley said:

So they are already at volume 9.... why the rush? That’s a lot of volumes covered in such a short time for an ongoing monthly publication (if it was ending, I might have understand, but)... Well, I guess, the producers and publishers knew the changes of a second season were nil from the very beginning, so they decided to go full speed ahead until the end to try to showcase the best the manga could offer; maybe that way more people will start buying it.

No more material left even if the sales warranted another season, sadly.

Sadly, the BD prediction sales do not warrant another season. There haven’t been a good boost for the manga either. Plus, this isn’t a really popular series in Japan, I believe.

By the way (an out of context), I love your Saki avatar.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 20, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
This episode was really good.

Alot of action + backstory.
Perfect.
Mar 20, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2014
So we learned a lot

Sophia is a tentacle monster, LOL.
Mar 20, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
zero-r said:
hpulley said:

So they are already at volume 9.... why the rush? That’s a lot of volumes covered in such a short time for an ongoing monthly publication (if it was ending, I might have understand, but)... Well, I guess, the producers and publishers knew the changes of a second season were nil from the very beginning, so they decided to go full speed ahead until the end to try to showcase the best the manga could offer; maybe that way more people will start buying it.

No more material left even if the sales warranted another season, sadly.

Sadly, the BD prediction sales do not warrant another season. There haven’t been a good boost for the manga either. Plus, this isn’t a really popular series in Japan, I believe.

By the way (an out of context), I love your Saki avatar.
Yes, as I said above they used up all but the last few pages of v9 in ep11. Why? Well, because it is all the story they have left. They will finish this arc next episode.

Thanks! I love Saki and love Shinsekai Yori. Another really good mystery and dystopian future anime.
Mar 20, 2016 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
Loser's past was so sad!

Seameyer was so cruel in the flashback!

I felt bad for Sophia!
Mar 20, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
<Insert your Phil Collins or Star Trek jokes here> If i were good cracking jokes , now they would be Phil Collins or Star Trek ones. Im pretty sure someone can come up good ones related to this episodes.
OnbuuMar 20, 2016 11:15 AM
Mar 20, 2016 11:42 AM

Dec 2015
Really hope Seameyer gets whats coming to him in a painful way, because of what he has done, also seeing his wife turned into that will really affect Loser. Can't wait to see how it all goes down in the finale.

Mar 20, 2016 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
I really do question Japan's taste if this series is not popular. It's been a hit in the west and is one of the few anime's to get an actually TV run. Shame there is not more material I really liked this show and this episode was great.

Looking forward to the last episode next week.
Mar 20, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. That scene with the people inside the capsules getting turned to lumps of meat was repulsive. That seameyer kid is a total freak. That ending made me really sad. Looking forward to next episode!
Mar 20, 2016 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
That was an intense episode.

I really liked this episode, made me like the series even more.
Mar 20, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
Seameyer is one complete nutjob. Using the trapped scientists in the capsules as "experiments" for the Genesis project was downright brutal.

And to top it all off, Loser's wife, Sophia, is the massive monster that stands in their way. Damn.....

Overall, this episode did a great job at explaining how the whole event in the past played out and in doing so, answered a lot of questions too. I'm hoping the final episode ends on a high!
Mar 20, 2016 1:36 PM
May 2015
hpulley said:

this is sad, this anime was awesome and still is (hyped for ep 12)
Mar 20, 2016 1:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Damn, Loser's past was really sad. Awesome action!

4/5
Mar 20, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2015
The series is as broken as its physics is. And just what Dimension W can't do? Not knowing the limitations doesn't add much suspense.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Mar 20, 2016 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
I expected something like this from the beginning (no, I'm not talking about action, I don't care about this aspect, for me they could do it without any action scenes). Scientific FICTION (so gtfo with arguments like broken physics or mathematics).
I really like it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 20, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode. Looking forward to the final and damn, the story and some of the concepts are really interesting.
Mar 20, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
Aldael said:
The series is as broken as its physics is. And just what Dimension W can't do? Not knowing the limitations doesn't add much suspense.

i knew its looks silly, but damn some of the stuff in the show are really high level and give Steins Gate a run for its money.
Mar 20, 2016 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
that was a really great/intense and interesting episode.
this is what happen if you mess around with law of physics or universe stuff like that... that was a really fucked experiment tbh.
"Next. Next. Next" That was too fucking cruel man....there were even girls...that is far terrifiying than Miyabi's death imo.
That flashback and theory really got me well. so interesting and i really like it. now the mystery lies in Kyouma's memory. i can't wait for that....
and what ??? that is Julian's wife ? that ain't even a human.... what the hell did he do with her ???

"Genesis can create something from nothing"

m8, Genesis is not Haruhi so NOPE......
XD XD

Mira is connected to Genesis or Miyabi.... :p
or maybe both ???? :p
Mar 20, 2016 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Haruka is freaking insane. Using Genesis to transport people.
Seeing that bloody mush that was once a human is quite scary.
Kyouma disappeared with Genesis, but doesn't seem to remember much about it.

Final episode next week. Interesting to see how this is going to end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 20, 2016 2:46 PM

Sep 2013
LOL sophia is a tentacle monster now!!! great finale coming up
Mar 20, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2015
John_Max said:
Aldael said:

i knew its looks silly, but damn some of the stuff in the show are really high level and give Steins Gate a run for its money.

Well, I can't argue that the whole concept is pretty cool and beyond doubt with longer running time and more time spent establishing all the ideas it would have been a truly great show. Manga probably has far less problems.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Mar 20, 2016 3:39 PM

Aug 2015
This is not turning into a tentacle hentai, right?

Mar 20, 2016 4:16 PM

Sep 2007
So what is Dimension W anyways? Unlimited energy, teleporter, transporter? All of the above??
Mar 20, 2016 4:57 PM

Mar 2011
I hope that Loser won't die in last episode... Definitely the best character in that anime.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Mar 20, 2016 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
Seamayer is a fucking heartless bastard
Mar 20, 2016 6:25 PM

Nov 2014
What the hell is sophia now lol
Hi there
Mar 20, 2016 9:29 PM

Apr 2011
That transport thingie is gruesome. Its like a human meat grinder! That seameyer should definitely pay.

This is an awesome chapter were many more are revealed and it gets really exciting towards the last episode.
Mar 20, 2016 11:03 PM

Sep 2014
Final boss approaches...

Mar 20, 2016 11:22 PM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Is the manga still on-going? I feel like they could just end the show entirely with the next season with no new season... Lol. They've basically got to the big point of the show where everything went down.
Mar 21, 2016 12:17 AM

Aug 2009
Loser now has the ability to force dimension w fueled dreams on people? That’s kind of cool, and super convenient. But didn't the episode kind of screw the whole point of him trying to find the numbers, and Kyouma being a key? Seameyer just came out of dimension w with Sophia like it was nothing. Hmm.

Other than that, the episode was cool. Lots of good action, and more history. Not sure if Loser is going to 'win' in any regards from what's going on. His wife looks screwed.

I would walk beside her forever
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.