Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 23, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2007
"it doesn't matter who lives or dies" what the fuck

Ein's rampage is rather amusing, but Lafter :'( Nice to finally have an episode with a good amount of robo action. This series has been seriously lacking in that department.
Mar 23, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
OMG how many people died in this episode? I'm so angry with that stupid Ein and galileo trying to ruin everything.
Naze's girls are dead? And shino too? Nooo =/
Mar 23, 2016 3:28 PM

Jul 2015
I'm still in shock.

I can not stop crying since Biscuit's death but, in this episode, my eyes seemed waterfalls. I have a lot of mixed feelings & nothing to say.
I can't explain how will end all of this revolution in the next episode.
Only a episode more.

I'm still in shock.

Mar 24, 2016 5:30 AM

Mar 2014
sunrise:lovelive new season is coming who gives a fk about this low budget gundam series anymore.
seriously kind of worrying about the quality of last ep. they gonna delay half hour to air this week.sunrise lacks of staff to work for iron blood,causing shitty quality on the animation nearly every ep after ep 1-7
Mar 24, 2016 4:44 PM
Feb 2014
Yo. That reveal of the masked man blew my mind. I just flipped out. YOOOOOOO!!!!!
Dokia
Mar 24, 2016 6:36 PM
Dec 2014
ButtSlapper said:
sunrise:lovelive new season is coming who gives a fk about this low budget gundam series anymore.
seriously kind of worrying about the quality of last ep. they gonna delay half hour to air this week.sunrise lacks of staff to work for iron blood,causing shitty quality on the animation nearly every

ep after ep 1-7

http://i65.tinypic.com/20jiqft.jpg

http://45.media.tumblr.com/1d71fb8b149b9b4f85899e4b14f16f61/tumblr_nxvl2mcSuz1skdbiao1_400.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--N1zbfpCp--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1479721558371080228.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Kc09VxZi--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/znwgbkstbejhfs9x0rd1.gif
lord23Mar 24, 2016 6:45 PM
Mar 25, 2016 1:52 AM

Nov 2012
This episode was bloody intense, might have been the most intense that I've seen all year, Ein new form is actually scary, still can't believe that Lafter, Azee and Shino all really dead. Didn't think that McGillis was going to arrive at the end to give Mika a chance to stop Ein, looking forward to the finale.
Mar 25, 2016 8:29 AM
Jul 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
People need to look at the bigger picture, instead of just saying that Ein is a bitch and needs to die.

The point is that both sides are not that different. Ein/Gaelio and Tekkadan are BOTH fighting to avenge the lives of people the care for. Neither care about the big picture goal here. So when people say that Ein is spitting in Crank's face with his actions, or that his become blinded by revenge....that's exactly what Tekkadan is right now. Just like how Gjallarhorn's orders don't drive Ein/Gaelio, Kudelia's mission doesn't register right now to Tekkadan. I mean did you hear that speech by Orga?! He just told them TO DIE FOR THE MEMORY OF THOSE THAT HAVE PAST, AND FOR THOSE THAT WILL SURVIVE. These are kids who've yet to live a fruitful life and he's telling them to die, and they are motivated by revenge! Replace them with terrorists, and that's a pre-suicide bombing mission speech.

Why is Ein killing them in the same brutal manner that Mika killed people suddenly wrong, but what Mika did last ep fine? I thought it was kill, or be killed? Later ran at Ein screaming die, and got rekt, just she intended to kill him. He's got the Alaya-Vijana system that Mika has, and is taking advantage of it just like Mika does.

The whole point is that, as far as the characters we've been following for the season, there's no black and white. Even McGillis' willingness to use others honor for his mission is VERY similar to Kudelia admitting that her mission will kill others, and her not talking the kids out revenge with Merribit. You see that she's mixed on the situation, but does nothing because their sacrifice furthers her mission.

It's sad that so many people can't grasp what the storytellers are trying to show us. They didn't go about giving us the typical "pacifist" protagonist, because they're very actions are supposed to show us that violence, war, revenge and death only results in more of the same.

THEY'RE NOT THAT DIFFERENT.

THIS.

This series makes no attempt to hide the fact that there is no line between Tekkadan and Gjallarhorn; it is practically shoving it in our faces. Orga may have used flowery words, but what he ordered what was essentially what the the first group did to them way back in episode 1. The only difference is that Orga actually has the loyalty for such a command to not be met with resistance.

Last episode, fans praised Mikazuki for torturing Carta, but when Ein kills Azee and Lafter, and severely injures Shino, when he had similar reasons, people censure him. I understand that with a sensitive subject like child soldiers, and with the main group being made of such, much viewer sympathy is going to go to them. However, it's another thing to hand-wave the negatives or outright turn them into positives. The binding of the CGS adults and killing two of them, Orga promoting a battle of revenge after Biscuit's death, Mikazuki's beatdown on Carta, and Orga's speech are all meant to be negative, and shouldn't just be hand-waved just because most fans support the characters.
AoiHonooMar 25, 2016 8:46 AM
Mar 25, 2016 9:25 AM
Dec 2014
AoiHonoo said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
People need to look at the bigger picture, instead of just saying that Ein is a bitch and needs to die.

The point is that both sides are not that different. Ein/Gaelio and Tekkadan are BOTH fighting to avenge the lives of people the care for. Neither care about the big picture goal here. So when people say that Ein is spitting in Crank's face with his actions, or that his become blinded by revenge....that's exactly what Tekkadan is right now. Just like how Gjallarhorn's orders don't drive Ein/Gaelio, Kudelia's mission doesn't register right now to Tekkadan. I mean did you hear that speech by Orga?! He just told them TO DIE FOR THE MEMORY OF THOSE THAT HAVE PAST, AND FOR THOSE THAT WILL SURVIVE. These are kids who've yet to live a fruitful life and he's telling them to die, and they are motivated by revenge! Replace them with terrorists, and that's a pre-suicide bombing mission speech.

Why is Ein killing them in the same brutal manner that Mika killed people suddenly wrong, but what Mika did last ep fine? I thought it was kill, or be killed? Later ran at Ein screaming die, and got rekt, just she intended to kill him. He's got the Alaya-Vijana system that Mika has, and is taking advantage of it just like Mika does.

The whole point is that, as far as the characters we've been following for the season, there's no black and white. Even McGillis' willingness to use others honor for his mission is VERY similar to Kudelia admitting that her mission will kill others, and her not talking the kids out revenge with Merribit. You see that she's mixed on the situation, but does nothing because their sacrifice furthers her mission.

It's sad that so many people can't grasp what the storytellers are trying to show us. They didn't go about giving us the typical "pacifist" protagonist, because they're very actions are supposed to show us that violence, war, revenge and death only results in more of the same.

THIS.

This series makes no attempt to hide the fact that there is no line between Tekkadan and Gjallarhorn; it is practically shoving it in our faces. Orga may have used flowery words, but what he ordered what was essentially what the the first group did to them way back in episode 1. The only difference is that Orga actually has the loyalty for such a command to not be met with resistance.

Last episode, fans praised Mikazuki for torturing Carta, but when Ein kills Azee and Lafter, and severely injures Shino, when he had similar reasons, people censure him. I understand that with a sensitive subject like child soldiers, and with the main group being made of such, much viewer sympathy is going to go to them. However, it's another thing to hand-wave the negatives or outright turn them into positives. The binding of the CGS adults and killing two of them, Orga promoting a battle of revenge after Biscuit's death, Mikazuki's beatdown on Carta, and Orga's speech are all meant to be negative, and shouldn't just be hand-waved just because most fans support the characters.
Damn you both make a very Good point.
Mar 25, 2016 7:10 PM

Apr 2008
This ep was scary. Explosions and death.

Ein is completely screwed. He's such a nice guy but the Ajyan consumed him with power. He won't be allowed to live. Revenge + Gundam = bad luck.

Geez, I hope the three are OK. Shino you can't go down like that o_O;;;;

What are earth is McGinns up to honestly? Now he's going to fight his friend? He gets Karta killed, he leaks info, he traded the weapons to the colony rebels and made them look radical on TV, made Kudelia paranoid, etc. (Sakurai is a friggin wirepuller). He's no better than those old fat guys.

Next ep is probably a big funeral.
Mar 25, 2016 9:27 PM
Jan 2015
AoiHonoo said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

THIS.

Who praised Mizazuku torturing Carta, most people found that scene to be barbaric.
Mar 26, 2016 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I'm hoping these characters will DIE: Oyasan, Azee, Lafter, Norba, Ein, Gaelio, Eugene, Chad, Dante, Orga, Kudelia, and Takaki. They will die because they're NOT worth it lol!
Mar 26, 2016 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
I can't wait for everyone to die! Why? Because they're NOT worth living! Okada is the new Tomino lol!
Mar 26, 2016 9:45 PM
Jul 2015
PapaGreg said:

Who praised Mizazuku torturing Carta, most people found that scene to be barbaric.

People that disliked Carta of which there are quite a few.
Mar 27, 2016 7:38 AM
Apr 2013
So, Mika just led everyone into pits of hell because of thirst for blood. I don't know whether they do this on purpose or not. If it is the former, it's well done but the latter, then the whole show turn into stupid.
Mar 28, 2016 1:46 AM
Aug 2014
rip Azee and Lafter.
Apr 1, 2016 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my...Lafter , Ryusei and Azee are down. I hope at least Lafter survive. Damn that Ein he definitely needs to be brought down for good. This is the most intense episode I have watched. My heart is thumping and I'm on the edge of my seat.
Apr 3, 2016 2:49 AM

Jun 2013
Jesus Christ, even Gundam 00 was better than this.

Mika hasn't changed, he's still an unfeeling, arrogant, poker-faced asshole. Don't tell me that his kissing Kudelia and getting angry when his comrades are almost killed is CD because he's been that way from the beginning.

This series has the worst character development ever!

Kudelia's still as reckless as ever.
臭い-
Apr 6, 2016 12:14 PM

Oct 2008
Oh man! so many died this episode! some kids, especially the 2 girls! Azee & Lafter!
Ein is out of control right now because a mobile suit inside the city! that is bad news!
1 ep left! oh man! and again! so many perished and went to oblivion!
5/5.

Apr 6, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2012
It felt like I missed an episode
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 17, 2016 10:14 AM

Feb 2013
Intense action finally!

Lafter better still be alive...
May 2, 2016 3:05 AM

Oct 2009
Man this has gone completely insane..why did the girls have to die :(
Oct 29, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2015
Second to last episode :3

Wow betting lives is a reckless asf plan, Eugene & the others coming in for reinforcement was unexpecting and a miracle.

Rip Lafter, Azee,& Shino killed by Ein who is so op with that huge mobile suit. I wonder how Mr.Naze will feel about two of his girls passing away.

Oh good chocolate dude came to fight Gali Gali and took Mika's spot, so he could face Ein and luckily saved Kureida and the others in time.
Overall so many deaths, this episode second to last for season 1 😭
Dec 9, 2016 5:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Too many children of Tekkaden Deaths!!! ; _ ;
Jan 3, 2017 4:03 PM
Mar 2015
What a way to start of Mika vs Ein! Also that short time skip at the beginning, didn't know they were fighting for 3 days.
Aug 27, 2017 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
Wow RIP everybody except Atra, Mika, Orga, Kudelia, Gaelio, Ein, McGillis, and some others. I really don't like beardo; he say some of the most screwed up stuff but all tra-la-la. I was kind of pissed at Orga, but Kudelia proved that they are doing what they have to to make sure this won't happen again.
Oct 1, 2017 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
Kudelia: Many lives have been lost for my sake, for my cause, therefore i can not stop now.

It is confirmed. Kudelia became Griffith from Berserk. :p

As about Ein, it seems the union with the big mecha has completely ruined any sensible thought in his brain and enhanced his obsessions.

Hope the girls are fine because Naze losing waifus after wanting to help is really cruel thing..
Jul 21, 2019 5:36 PM

Dec 2012
Wait...WTF!
Fighting for 3 days straight?
Merribit is crying.
Atra is driving?
Gaelio appears.
Dios!
EUGENE!
WTF is that giant Mobile Suit?
Azee!!!! Naze's harem is being destroyed!
Is that Ein? KISAMA!!!
Stronger than Mikazuki?
Lafter!!!!
Shino!!!!
Ein is going after Kudelia?
Kudelia stands before Ein.
KUDELIA!!!!!!!!!
Mikazuki with the save!!!!
McGillis appears before Gaelio.
Ikezo, Barbatos!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 21, 2021 12:07 PM

May 2018
Noooooooo A lot of people died :'(
May 23, 2022 4:45 AM

Jul 2016
NoobHunterD said:
It felt like I missed an episode

Tis was how I felt as well.

Pacing was way off.
Apr 10, 2023 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
I guess they are already demons now.
X
Jul 23, 2023 11:24 PM

Feb 2019
Noooo Lafter ;-; Azee too...

Are they dead? I cant' believe this ;-;
Oct 3, 2023 10:48 AM

Jul 2016
Ein is massive, god damn. If only Crank could see him now.

So many deaths but McGuillis playing all sides was still the highlight for me.
Feb 4, 3:31 AM

Jul 2017
i don't know what to say, so many people died.
it was so intense that i had to stop mid episode to shake off some anxiety.
this was a brilliant episode.
orga's speech was disgusting, not because it was bad, but because they have no choice but to sacrifice themself to enter the city, it was gut wrenching and i understand Merribit and Yukinojo's reaction.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.