Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 19, 2016 6:43 PM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hmmmmmmm not a bad episode
Mar 19, 2016 7:15 PM

Jul 2015
Loved the Luffy Vs Doffy Finale. Great animation with stand-out art design, in terms of the gorgeous colour and vibrancy; gave the King Kong Gun a visual fidelity appropriate for the final clash. Also loved how Doflamingo was portrayed stronger here than in the Manga, really looking like he gave it his all. OST was on-point as well (same one used for Luffy Vs Lucci!)

Analysis of Oda's pure ingenuity:

Just like to point out the juxtaposition between Crocodile not caring about his crew but accepting betrayal, while Doflamingo cares about his crew and therefore doesn't accept betrayal.

One is free from earthly attachments and is sent flying into the air by Luffy while the other is bound back into the ground for his chains or rather, 'strings' of betrayal.

One was a "Desert Beast" while the other was a "Heavenly Demon". Both are now out of their element both figuratively and literally.

(5/5)
Mar 19, 2016 7:40 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was EPIC! Luffy's King Kong Gun takes out Doflamingo with one blow! Doffy is down and even his glasses have been shattered. Dressrosa should be freed from the birdcage by now.

Doflamingo is currently one of my top favorite villains not just in One Piece but one of my all time favorites from every anime. He's incredibly strong and a very calculative manipulative bastard. In battles, he's incredibly fearless. Luffy was a very tough foe for him but Doffy threw in everything he's got to defeat his opponents. (Well Doflamingo's scared of Kaidou but I doubt we'd see that face-off happening.)

Super awesome! The animation for this episode was incredible and the soundtracks used were very fitting too. I love how King Kong Gun was shown in the anime and I was pleasantly amazed by the clash of God Thread vs. King Kong Gun that shook Dressrosa and the sea around the island. The high and mighty Doflamingo has finally fallen.

My heart was racing from watching that finale. I am so satisfied from watching this episode! Just a few more episodes before this arc reaches its end before we could move on the next. I have waited so long in the anime to witness the downfall of one of my favorite villains, really. ;P
Mar 19, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2015
Finally defeated Doflamingo!!

Throughout the entire fight I was screaming 'GO LUFFY'!

That was worth waiting 100 episodes for.
Mar 19, 2016 8:13 PM
Nov 2013
Now I finally understand why Luffy is called 'Monkey' D Luffy!
Mar 19, 2016 8:28 PM

Dec 2013
That final punch was too epic!

Rest was fairly forgettable. Although I did like the flashback with Rayleigh.

Next episode should be pretty shitty.

RIP Doffy's glasses

G_Spark233Mar 19, 2016 8:41 PM
Mar 19, 2016 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
First half was horrible, how lazy can you be to use the same animation for G4 twice? However, second part was worth it, that final punch looked cool.
Mar 19, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2015
The fights still continuing without a change. :X I hope the fight ends in the next episode want some new content cuz the manga is at a good place right now.
Mar 19, 2016 9:01 PM

Aug 2012
Thank God this arc is over! On to a new adventure for my babies :)
Mar 19, 2016 9:17 PM

Dec 2013
Madara22 said:
The fights still continuing without a change. :X I hope the fight ends in the next episode want some new content cuz the manga is at a good place right now.

But the fight just ended...
Mar 19, 2016 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
It happened! Actually happened! I thought I would die before seeing Mingo getting knocked out.
I seriously can't believe it! How many episode did we wait for this?!
FINALLY. Die Mingo, please die forever.

Good episode, looking forward to Law's arm getting attached because it hurts me every time.

magicaldeck said:
Now I finally understand why Luffy is called 'Monkey' D Luffy!

This. LOL XD
Mar 19, 2016 9:49 PM

Jun 2014
momochaaa said:
Thank God this arc is over! On to a new adventure for my babies :)

Technically speaking this arc has about 10 more chapters but it's just aftermath/transition stuff.

Finally Doflamingo has been defeated. This day couldn't have come any sooner. The closer we get to the end of this arc, the happier I become.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 19, 2016 9:50 PM

Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Madara22 said:

But the fight just ended...

Ah I see I watched it at a website where Luffy punched Doflamingo and the fight got cut there. So I thought they'd show the conlcusion next ep. While we all knew who'd win.
Mar 19, 2016 10:35 PM

May 2015
Finally, Mingo got his candy a$$ handed... He is in my top hated villains from One Piece
and he got what he deserved "Mingo, having your a$$ handed to you can teach you a little humility" If he survived that...

Monke D Luffy I like how you think... if big punches don't work make them even bigger! Give this man a piece of meat, Genius! XD

Can a good Samaritan make a gif of the moment the King Kong Gun pierces Mingo God Thread and smack him right through his face?
Mar 19, 2016 10:37 PM

Jan 2016
honestly, I was pretty meh.... however...
<3
King Kong Gun, of course :D
wonder if the shockwave will hit the rest of the crew ;)
honestly, I felt so relieved, but if Doffy comes back, I'm legit killing myself.
#GG no re
Roy_Focker said:

Can a good Samaritan make a gif of the moment the King Kong Gun pierces Mingo God Thread and smack him right through his face?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mar 19, 2016 11:10 PM
Feb 2015
who else Curious so much about Doflamingo eyes? i hope they show them
Mar 19, 2016 11:16 PM
Apr 2015
IM OLSO CURIOUS ABOUT THAT
Mar 19, 2016 11:19 PM
Jul 2014
And so the Dressrosa arc comes to an end. The first half of this ep was meh, but the second was great and the last punch was satisfying.
What do you think, will there be filler arc after or they go straight for the Zou arc?
Mar 19, 2016 11:25 PM

Aug 2015
No filler please. Thanks.
El Psy Congroo
Mar 19, 2016 11:47 PM

Feb 2016
Finally dressrosa arc has come to an end
Mar 19, 2016 11:58 PM
Nov 2015
Glasses Break = Doffy's Death confirmed. Better evidence than seeing someone's heart get stabbed.

Mar 20, 2016 12:31 AM

Jan 2015
No the arc isn't over quite over yet. Remember after every fight in this series they have to fill up episodes with some bullshit involving partying, feasting, Luffy recovering, them escaping. THEN the arc is over. Remember that blind marine dude is still on the island. They have to get past him.
Mar 20, 2016 12:36 AM

Jul 2010
Having mixed feelings from one point its over but from other i`ll really miss Doffy i hope he sayes in OP universe and appear again I really liked him.
Also is it me or kinda resabaled to DB when Goku was charging for spirit bomb all the ppl giving him strenght here was a bit similar tho it was pretty cool :P all cheering for luffy .
Mar 20, 2016 12:38 AM

Dec 2014
This was honestly, disappointing, but at the same time it's my fault for expecting things outta the notorious and one of the worst anime studios, Toei Animation. Fuck you Toei, that's all I gotta say.

However,
There are times when the content itself is sooo good that you just don't care for the art and animation. The last clash of Luffy vs. Doffy was very well animated, I think that was Yoshikazu Tomita, I think. But he did good, liked the episode very much! But... There better be a reboot for this. The manga is quality writing and deserves nothing less than a proper and well-animated adaptation. Just like HxH 2011. Dammit Toei ;-;

thebrentinator24 said:
Technically speaking this arc has about 10 more chapters but it's just aftermath/transition stuff.

I'd be really happy if that's the case, but with Toei, you never know.
stickermans50Mar 20, 2016 12:42 AM
Thinking.....
Mar 20, 2016 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
Go back to hell Dofy.
Mar 20, 2016 12:52 AM

Jan 2015
stickermans50 said:

But... There better be a reboot for this. The manga is quality writing and deserves nothing less than a proper and well-animated adaptation. Just like HxH 2011. Dammit Toei ;-;

There will be a reboot for sure, but... not anytime soon. More like in 12-15 years.
Mar 20, 2016 1:21 AM

Dec 2014
Mustakurmu said:
There will be a reboot for sure, but... not anytime soon. More like in 12-15 years.

Oh I know there will be a reboot, But does it even matter if it's by Toei again? I mean they are sure to screw up 20% of the episodes. Long-running anime just don't get consistent quality animation and art like HxH 2011. Unless of course, the studio is Madhouse. But we'll see, who knows they really might make One Piece (2025) or (2030) to be one of the best anime ever! :D
Thinking.....
Mar 20, 2016 1:22 AM

Aug 2008
Great final blow! Loved the episode!
Now the aftermath of Dressrosa and then some good filler please! We need a bit more space between the anime and the manga again.
Mar 20, 2016 1:39 AM

Jan 2015
stickermans50 said:
Mustakurmu said:

Oh I know there will be a reboot, But does it even matter if it's by Toei again? I mean they are sure to screw up 20% of the episodes. Long-running anime just don't get consistent quality animation and art like HxH 2011. Unless of course, the studio is Madhouse. But we'll see, who knows they really might make One Piece (2025) or (2030) to be one of the best anime ever! :D

Let's wait and see. :)
Mar 20, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2014
Mustakurmu said:
Let's wait and see. :)

Indeed mate, that's all we can do at this point. I don't know why I have OP rated a 10 at this point lol
Thinking.....
Mar 20, 2016 1:50 AM

Jun 2015
First half was meh .~. , that king kong gun was pretty epic tho.

Is doflamingo really dead? Probably not, coz "one piece". He's definitely only unconscious.

Overall it was a pretty good ep.
Mar 20, 2016 2:01 AM

Jan 2016
The King Kong Gun looked awesome,much better than i expected.
Mar 20, 2016 2:51 AM

Dec 2014
D Pierces the Heavens! One Piece Greatness!

Loved the symbolism, The Heavenly King(Demon) who stood above everyone manipulating and controlling each and every person to his will was dethroned and sent crashing into the ground.

Personally I loved the episode, Definitely one of the better episodes of One Piece and I loved seeing the King Kong Gun animated.
If anything I would say they should have made the King Kong Gun look more absolute in power, Luffy completely decimates Doffy's God thread in the manga and Toei should have stuck to that instead of creating a clash.

stickermans50 said:
This was honestly, disappointing, but at the same time it's my fault for expecting things outta the notorious and one of the worst anime studios, Toei Animation. Fuck you Toei, that's all I gotta say.

However,
There are times when the content itself is sooo good that you just don't care for the art and animation. The last clash of Luffy vs. Doffy was very well animated, I think that was Yoshikazu Tomita, I think. But he did good, liked the episode very much! But... There better be a reboot for this. The manga is quality writing and deserves nothing less than a proper and well-animated adaptation. Just like HxH 2011. Dammit Toei ;-;

What did you feel was disappointing?
Mar 20, 2016 2:55 AM

Dec 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
What did you feel was disappointing?

I thought they'd add a few new moves and make it as impactful as the Luffy gattling gun to Lucci. The finale didn't even feel like a finale ;-;
Thinking.....
Mar 20, 2016 3:01 AM

Aug 2015
Well... That was awesome. what a great finale, They did great with the animation of the King Kong punch but the other scenes were horribly animated.. To think That they had 2 weeks with just one episode is just i'm very disappointed,Toei...
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Mar 20, 2016 3:03 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome King Kong punch there. Now after a few meh scenes with the Dressrosa citizens OP is gonna start going uphill from here on out. Can't wait for Zou!!
Mar 20, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
Finally this arc comes to an end!Good episode, and the final scene was epic!!!
Mar 20, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2014
With that final blow doffy perished I always hated him
Mar 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Nov 2015
That's was epic, finally Doffy is defeated.

Mar 20, 2016 4:36 AM

Apr 2014
only the last scene had good animation, the rest was decent to horribly animated.
But the last scene really owned the whole episode.
Props to the animator
AcceleratorAngelMar 20, 2016 4:41 AM
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Mar 20, 2016 4:59 AM

Feb 2013
Epic,that punch was a bit too powerful, he destroyed all what was left standing of the town.
Mar 20, 2016 5:30 AM

Jan 2015
Luffy killed more people than Doflamingo, with that attack. lol
Mar 20, 2016 5:36 AM
Mar 2015
Krontaar said:
Just awful. They couldnt even give the final attack in the longest arc in the series a good budget. I counted 3 seconds of actual decent animation in the whole episode.

Not only that, they ruined the actual attack altogether. Doflamingo stopped king kong gun mid punch and even pierced his hand??? Takes all of the impact away from it and makes it look weak. In the manga it just destroys everything and doflamingo had no chance. They did a similar thing with the caesar clown fight if I remember correctly.

All in all very disappointing. Toei strikes again I guess. At least the new movie looks to have a good budget.

Yep. Other than the repeat of the Gear Fourth intro though, the animation wasn't half bad.
Mar 20, 2016 5:37 AM
Mar 2008
I am still curious as why Zoro doesnt use his Gorilla-Mode as he did against Kaku. Zoro could surely cut the strings but probably wouldnt do any good, so i get that. But if he is holding the strings back to gain as much time as possible, then wouldnt it be better to use his Gorilla-Mode?
It is clearly shown that he is using his blade side to hold the strings. Is it possible that if he uses his Gorilla-Mode, he cant control his strengh 100% and therefore could cut the strings accidentely?
Mar 20, 2016 7:05 AM

Apr 2013
Rip glorious always grinning bastard and his Glasses... You fought well Doffy.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 20, 2016 7:58 AM
Nov 2014
It's over... It's finally over.
It took them 2 years... 2 YEARS to advance the story 12 HOURS.
Mar 20, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2015
LunyRed said:
That was EPIC! Luffy's King Kong Gun takes out Doflamingo with one blow! Doffy is down and even his glasses have been shattered. Dressrosa should be freed from the birdcage by now.

Doflamingo is currently one of my top favorite villains not just in One Piece but one of my all time favorites from every anime. He's incredibly strong and a very calculative manipulative bastard. In battles, he's incredibly fearless. Luffy was a very tough foe for him but Doffy threw in everything he's got to defeat his opponents. (Well Doflamingo's scared of Kaidou but I doubt we'd see that face-off happening.)

Super awesome! The animation for this episode was incredible and the soundtracks used were very fitting too. I love how King Kong Gun was shown in the anime and I was pleasantly amazed by the clash of God Thread vs. King Kong Gun that shook Dressrosa and the sea around the island. The high and mighty Doflamingo has finally fallen.

My heart was racing from watching that finale. I am so satisfied from watching this episode! Just a few more episodes before this arc reaches its end before we could move on the next. I have waited so long in the anime to witness the downfall of one of my favorite villains, really. ;P

King Kong gun was awesome. Luffy finally defeated Doffy. Doffy's attack looked similar to Byakuya's Senbonzakura Kageyoshi(Bleach).

The second half was nicely done.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 20, 2016 10:27 AM

Apr 2009
I was hoping Luffy's winning blow would break Doffy's glasses and we'd get to see his eyes finally. That would've been a neat visual. At least we got the broken glasses.

Not the most impactful victory of Luffy's but it was still pretty good. I know we still have some episodes to go but overall I've really enjoyed this arc. Doflamingo made a fantastic villain and he's now my favorite in One Piece, so it's kind of sad to see him go.

So now the World Government needs to find a new Warlord. I don't know who it will be, but they need to be at least as mighty and charismatic as Buggy the Great.
Mar 20, 2016 10:29 AM

Jul 2015
Fucking epic episode, chills at the end !
Mar 20, 2016 11:11 AM

Dec 2015
Finally Doffy goes down, seeing the King Kong Gun animated was great, that final few minutes of animation was great to watch and now just can't wait for what comes after. Although I am expecting filler.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.