Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
TEN MINUTE recap and tons of clichéd exposition. But still generally entertaining.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 9, 2010 9:46 PM

Mar 2008
Giant Robo had a rather shaky release schedule, with months and sometimes years between releases. The recaps were necessary.
Apr 8, 2011 3:48 AM

Feb 2009
Im really liking this so far, the artistic work is simply OUTSTANDING, probably some of the best I've seen form the 90s. I'm finding the story a little hard to follow though.

Note: After re-watching, what I gathered was that the sample which caused the incident 10 years ago was an imperfect Shizuma-dirve which was later perfected by Dr. Shizuma and the others scientists. So basically, Big-Fire's organization re-created those samples in the present, with the "help" of Dr. Shizuma himself, whom ran out with one of the samples in the first episode out of guilt.

To re-create the apocalyptic tragedy, Big-Fire needs the three samples, which is trying to get with the help of The Magnificent Ten. So far so good, I just didn't understand why Dr. Shizuma activated that one anti-Shizuma drive in Ivan's robot this episode. My episode didn't have the particular sub of what Dr- Shizuma said right before activating it.
VeethornApr 9, 2011 2:09 PM
Oct 11, 2011 6:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not as good as the first chapter but still pretty solid. It seems that BF is using Dr. Vogler's lust for vengeance for their own agenda.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 19, 2012 8:02 AM
Aug 2010
What the FUCK is this crap.

Apr 28, 2012 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
Confused about a few plot points, but I'm sure they'll be cleared up. Great episode, liked it even more than the first.
Mar 12, 2013 8:03 AM

Jun 2012
It's a bit confuse to me yet, but I think I'm getting into the story. It seems pretty nice, but I hope we'll get more Mecha besides Giant Robo.
Nov 4, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
MOST ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS.

With hope, everything will make sense by the end. So far, no one knows why Vogler did what he did, regardless of whether he knew that the Bashtarle Tragedy would happen soon after or not at all, regardless of whether he knew that the Drive/s he used was/were untested or not.

I'd want something more than just "bent on world domination." With more hope, it will be more profound than that.
Jun 11, 2015 6:14 AM

Mar 2015
Before I jump to conclusion I will just watch the next episode.
Again a really enjoyable episode,but the first one was better.The artwork is simply amazing (for it's age).
Oct 11, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2017
My problem with this episode was that it wasn't so well paced as the first one, so it didn't end on as satisfying a point. If I were watching as this had been released that would suck, given the time between each episode release, but from the present point of view I don't think it'll be as big a deal.
Jan 25, 2018 7:55 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was a joke.
Mar 5, 2018 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
Solid scrolling through 11 minutes of recap, haha...

They sure recovered fast after losing 2/3rds of humanity's population 10 years ago.

The exposition of the situation was alright, let's see if they can finally make it interesting, but so far now the key to everything is on a kid I have no reason to care about after 2 episodes, welp.
Dec 16, 2018 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Not as good as the first episode, but still solid.

I'm shocked about the reveal. The tragedy of Bashtarle was way worse than I initially thought.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2020 7:21 PM

Jun 2010
How can Daisaku be so ignorant about what happened 10 years ago if it was such a shattering event for humanity? I get the exaggerated, fantastical tone, but I wonder if it's going too far?

Given that the Shizuma Drive is a pretty clear stand-in for nuclear power, it's interesting that nuclear power itself has just entered the picture in an important way as Robo's power source.
Nov 2, 2022 3:26 PM

May 2018
The 10 minute recap symbolises the pain of waiting 10 years before Volger activates the true doomsday, the true genocide, the true bringers of death. Absolute peak fiction, I think I came and shat myself just thinking about this masterpiece.
Feb 10, 2023 2:53 AM

Aug 2020
Well this episode feels like inferior to previous one but it's acceptable since this episode was basically final set up of the introduction with more info about the tragedy and tbh the word tragedy here feels truly like tragedy unlike many other anime...

I really love the visual story telling aspect in this episode.
Apr 10, 6:09 PM

Dec 2022
Nice pointless recap you got there. Recaps aren't exactly welcome in any anime, but to have a recap two episodes into the series is heinous.

At least the rest of the episode was solid, but there wasn't much new information, besides Giant Robo's power source being revealed. Shizuma was presumably about to say something of significance, but the baldy shot him before he could could. What injustice did Vogler see fit to have his "revenge" for when he apparently caused the catastrophe in the past himself? Was he framed? Was information withheld from him?

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giant Robo Episode 7 Discussion

TuzoAnime - May 11, 2010

30 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 11, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Giant Robo Episode 6 Discussion

Farabeuf - Oct 13, 2011

10 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Giant Robo Episode 5 Discussion

TuzoAnime - May 6, 2010

14 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Giant Robo Episode 4 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Apr 28, 2010

13 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Giant Robo Episode 3 Discussion

Veethorn - Apr 8, 2011

13 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.