Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (44) « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
Apr 22, 2023 2:21 PM

Offline
Oct 2021
608
SheyCroix said:
@HEIKE7000 You can continue using the old list for Hard, we will let it pass.
Just make sure to not mix items from the old list with the new one. Your attempt must be from one or the other (for Conquered and Hard. Medium and Easy should use the new one)

You can link this post as note to your Hard attempt in case there are problems during inspection.


OK. Thank you so much.
Apr 25, 2023 5:39 AM

Offline
Jun 2010
384
I have a question about the Anniversary Challenges. Some of them have a "Watch X series from the list below" section at the end (the Celebrating Suggestion Contributors section). Are previously completed series allowed for this section? What if I have already watched most of these series and don't have enough new series to watch?
CatexiaApr 25, 2023 5:51 AM
Apr 25, 2023 8:05 AM

Offline
Apr 2010
2549
Catexia said:
I have a question about the Anniversary Challenges. Some of them have a "Watch X series from the list below" section at the end (the Celebrating Suggestion Contributors section). Are previously completed series allowed for this section? What if I have already watched most of these series and don't have enough new series to watch?

No, you can't use anything previously completed.
If you don't have enough series available after filtering out the previously completed... well, just watch everything that's left, and it'll be enough. (Just make a note of what was already previously completed for inspectors ; here's how I did it on my latest one.)
Apr 25, 2023 10:36 AM

Offline
Jun 2010
384
Jhiday said:
No, you can't use anything previously completed.
If you don't have enough series available after filtering out the previously completed... well, just watch everything that's left, and it'll be enough. (Just make a note of what was already previously completed for inspectors ; here's how I did it on my latest one.)


Alright, thanks!
Apr 30, 2023 9:10 PM
a lil bean ✨

Offline
Feb 2011
17718
@Loudcsharp I can't reply to your PM since that (and your comments) are restricted.

What I wanted to say was:

If you finished the series you are using for it on time (and they are properly dated on your list), yeah.

It's fine.
You can turn in that one late.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 1, 2023 8:48 AM

Offline
Oct 2016
18984
May 2023 challenge

Watch an anime with a Straight Man, Yamato Nadeshiko, Delinquent, or Dojikko character - The link for Straight Man has Gintama listed. Would that include Gintama: The Semi-Final since Shinpachi is in it?
May 1, 2023 12:05 PM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
foxxykat1223 said:
May 2023 challenge

Watch an anime with a Straight Man, Yamato Nadeshiko, Delinquent, or Dojikko character - The link for Straight Man has Gintama listed. Would that include Gintama: The Semi-Final since Shinpachi is in it?

Yeah that's fine.
May 8, 2023 11:24 AM

Offline
Jun 2010
384
Just need some clarification about the 5th Year Anniversary Challenge:

"Watch one anime (or a series directly related to one) from the list provided for each card edition."

Does Free! Movie 5: The Final Stroke - Kouhen count as being directly related to Free! ?
May 14, 2023 12:34 AM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
Catexia said:
Just need some clarification about the 5th Year Anniversary Challenge:

"Watch one anime (or a series directly related to one) from the list provided for each card edition."

Does Free! Movie 5: The Final Stroke - Kouhen count as being directly related to Free! ?


Sorry for the late response. No that does not count; "directly related" means the anime has to be listed under the "Related Anime" section.
Jun 5, 2023 5:41 PM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Offline
Jan 2013
14062
For challenges that the requirements have changed such as

The Gar Challenge
complete any 30 items.
 — There are extra requirements, you only need to do those required by your difficulty. (added on Sep 17, 2021 *)

If I started my post before the changes, am I not allowed to use the newly added requirements to finish my challenge?

I know I was allowed to use added requirements to finish my Shounen AI challenge and it was accepted regardless of when I started the challenge, but then later I was told to change my challenge to match the requirements before they changed for The Character Tags Challenge in this Invalid post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1553097&msgid=68779004&show=4900#msg68779004

So which is it, can I or can I not used updated versions of challenges?

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023



Jun 8, 2023 10:23 PM
The Enthusiast

Offline
Jul 2007
1759
RachelPanda said:
For challenges that the requirements have changed such as

The Gar Challenge
complete any 30 items.
 — There are extra requirements, you only need to do those required by your difficulty. (added on Sep 17, 2021 *)

If I started my post before the changes, am I not allowed to use the newly added requirements to finish my challenge?

I know I was allowed to use added requirements to finish my Shounen AI challenge and it was accepted regardless of when I started the challenge, but then later I was told to change my challenge to match the requirements before they changed for The Character Tags Challenge in this Invalid post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1553097&msgid=68779004&show=4900#msg68779004

So which is it, can I or can I not used updated versions of challenges?


It depends on what is changed within the challenge itself.

With the Shounen Ai challenge, it wasn't flagged because there weren't items removed and the duration of items hadn't been changed. Since there were only items added, that's fine. For GAR, it would also be okay to use added items, since there weren't any major changes with the ruleset, either. (You may want to use updated phrasing for some items, just to make them all uniform.)

The reason the Character Tags Challenge was marked invalid is because your challenge was submitted prior to the rule changes, thus it has to follow those rules from the time.

If on a challenge items have been removed as well as new items being added, the old items that have been removed cannot be used with newly added items. In addition, old rules can't be used for challenges with new items, and new rules can't be used for challenges with old items.

Jun 15, 2023 2:47 PM

Offline
Oct 2016
18984
Can I use something that I previously started but didn't complete? Ex - "Oshi no Ko" has 11 eps and I've watched 3. Could I still use it? I'm looking at the July 2023 Submissions are against other challenges I'm working on. This would fit #1's #2 for me assuming it wins.
Jun 15, 2023 6:02 PM
a lil bean ✨

Offline
Feb 2011
17718
foxxykat1223 said:
Can I use something that I previously started but didn't complete? Ex - "Oshi no Ko" has 11 eps and I've watched 3. Could I still use it? I'm looking at the July 2023 Submissions are against other challenges I'm working on. This would fit #1's #2 for me assuming it wins.


Monthly challenges do not allow the use of previously started series. For those, it must be series watched entirely during said month (ie started and finished).

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 15, 2023 7:22 PM

Offline
Oct 2016
18984
SheyCroix said:
foxxykat1223 said:
Can I use something that I previously started but didn't complete? Ex - "Oshi no Ko" has 11 eps and I've watched 3. Could I still use it? I'm looking at the July 2023 Submissions are against other challenges I'm working on. This would fit #1's #2 for me assuming it wins.


Monthly challenges do not allow the use of previously started series. For those, it must be series watched entirely during said month (ie started and finished).


I figured as much but didn't see anything about it so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Jun 15, 2023 7:25 PM
a lil bean ✨

Offline
Feb 2011
17718
foxxykat1223 said:
I figured as much but didn't see anything about it so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

It is stated on the rules thread for the monthlies (under "While Participating").
Those are always linked on every monthly challenge, under the banner.

(^_^)/

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 15, 2023 7:40 PM

Offline
Oct 2016
18984
SheyCroix said:
foxxykat1223 said:
I figured as much but didn't see anything about it so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

It is stated on the rules thread for the monthlies (under "While Participating").
Those are always linked on every monthly challenge, under the banner.

(^_^)/


*ugh* Think I need to make an eye appointment tomorrow because I somehow missed that. Sorry about that and thank you! =^.^=
Jun 20, 2023 10:25 PM

Offline
Sep 2008
225
Hi. I'm feeling a little confused about the issue of start and end dates for (long ago) previously watched anime, and although I've looked through all the FAQs and over twenty pages of this thread I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for, so...

Many times through this club's documentation it's stated that you'll automatically invalidate submissions where start/end dates aren't provided, but what is the protocol when an anime that fulfills a requirement is something you watched long ago, and therefore you don't have your start/end dated? For example, I could fill in the entire Cardcaptor Sakura challenge right now, but with the exception of Clear Card, I watched everything in the franchise before MAL even existed, let alone before I found this club recently. Cardcaptor Sakura was the first anime I ever watched all the way through, circa 2001, and back then I didn't use any method to track my watching. When I joined MAL in 2008 I added all the anime I'd seen until that point but without adding start/ending dates because I honestly have no idea beyond a generalized memory of the year.

So, is it your preference that I go back through my list at this point and fluff the dates for older items like that, or is it acceptable to simply state that you watched it prior to joining the club? (I thought I had read the latter at some point, but if I did, I can't find where I read it now.)

As another personal example, I just discovered that at some point (maybe during one of the MAL crashes?) the dates for everything I watched in the years 2016 and 2017 got screwed up so that none of them list start dates and all of them list the end date as April 6th, 2016 (which is simply untrue, but I also don't remember the specific dates anymore even though I distinctly recall updating my list correctly when I watched those series). This is definitely going to affect my turn-ins for some genre challenges, so again, should I do my best to fix those dates at this point?

I'm so sorry that this question will probably have a completely obvious answer, but there's so much reading to figure out how the club works...at this point I'm running in circles trying to figure out the answer. Although I have to admit, I'm also wondering if I'm going to be able to do any of the challenges at all, having read this:

>>Certain "situations" will be allowed for such as marathoning and forgetting to update for every episode. Also, it's understandable that there might be times where you cannot update and do so a bit later. The "problem" is when this is done repetitively to the point of creating doubt which is why the first warning allows for an explanation, but doing this over and over is unusual and will be considered as the member ignoring the club rule/warning.

Generally speaking, I only binge watch, and since I'm old and watch on a television and not a computer or mobile device I can't use any of the auto-updaters, but I also certainly don't update my MAL after every single episode I've watched. I can't imagine interrupting my watching by pulling out my computer after every single episode. I update my MAL after I've watched several episodes in a sitting (and frankly, often the morning after, because I binge watch into the night typically and again, go to sleep afterwards instead of pulling out my laptop). It's not at all unusual for me to watch all of a twelve-episode series in an evening and update directly to 'completed' afterwards. I find it odd that this is considered suspicious or unusual behavior, since to me it is my normal behavior and always has been. I'd find it a shame if this means I honestly won't ever qualify for any of the challenges, but if it does, then I guess that's that. ^^

My Candies: Bonus Candies: x 10
Jun 20, 2023 11:45 PM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
elsewherecw said:
Hi. I'm feeling a little confused about the issue of start and end dates for (long ago) previously watched anime, and although I've looked through all the FAQs and over twenty pages of this thread I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for, so...

Many times through this club's documentation it's stated that you'll automatically invalidate submissions where start/end dates aren't provided, but what is the protocol when an anime that fulfills a requirement is something you watched long ago, and therefore you don't have your start/end dated? For example, I could fill in the entire Cardcaptor Sakura challenge right now, but with the exception of Clear Card, I watched everything in the franchise before MAL even existed, let alone before I found this club recently. Cardcaptor Sakura was the first anime I ever watched all the way through, circa 2001, and back then I didn't use any method to track my watching. When I joined MAL in 2008 I added all the anime I'd seen until that point but without adding start/ending dates because I honestly have no idea beyond a generalized memory of the year.

So, is it your preference that I go back through my list at this point and fluff the dates for older items like that, or is it acceptable to simply state that you watched it prior to joining the club? (I thought I had read the latter at some point, but if I did, I can't find where I read it now.)


For challenges that allow you to use previously completed anime, like the Cardcaptor Sakura collection, you do not need to add dates. You can use "BC" (stands for "Before Challenge" or "Before Club") as your start and/or end date as needed if you completed some/all of the anime in the challenge prior to signing up.

elsewherecw said:
As another personal example, I just discovered that at some point (maybe during one of the MAL crashes?) the dates for everything I watched in the years 2016 and 2017 got screwed up so that none of them list start dates and all of them list the end date as April 6th, 2016 (which is simply untrue, but I also don't remember the specific dates anymore even though I distinctly recall updating my list correctly when I watched those series). This is definitely going to affect my turn-ins for some genre challenges, so again, should I do my best to fix those dates at this point?


Did you watch these anime before creating your challenge posts? If you did, then it should be fine to leave the dates as is, since previously completed is allowed for your first easy difficulty on all the genre challenges. If an inspector questions the end dates, you can redirect them to this post. I would try to avoid editing these anime on your list, that way your "Last updated" date doesn't jump to 2023.

If you'd instead like to fix the dates, you can see your episode history by going to your list, clicking "Edit" next to one of the anime, then clicking "History" next to "Episodes Watched." It should say when you added episodes to your list.

If these anime were instead being used for the medium or hard difficulty of a genre challenge, then the dates need to be fixed.

elsewherecw said:
I'm so sorry that this question will probably have a completely obvious answer, but there's so much reading to figure out how the club works...at this point I'm running in circles trying to figure out the answer. Although I have to admit, I'm also wondering if I'm going to be able to do any of the challenges at all, having read this:

>>Certain "situations" will be allowed for such as marathoning and forgetting to update for every episode. Also, it's understandable that there might be times where you cannot update and do so a bit later. The "problem" is when this is done repetitively to the point of creating doubt which is why the first warning allows for an explanation, but doing this over and over is unusual and will be considered as the member ignoring the club rule/warning.

Generally speaking, I only binge watch, and since I'm old and watch on a television and not a computer or mobile device I can't use any of the auto-updaters, but I also certainly don't update my MAL after every single episode I've watched. I can't imagine interrupting my watching by pulling out my computer after every single episode. I update my MAL after I've watched several episodes in a sitting (and frankly, often the morning after, because I binge watch into the night typically and again, go to sleep afterwards instead of pulling out my laptop). It's not at all unusual for me to watch all of a twelve-episode series in an evening and update directly to 'completed' afterwards. I find it odd that this is considered suspicious or unusual behavior, since to me it is my normal behavior and always has been. I'd find it a shame if this means I honestly won't ever qualify for any of the challenges, but if it does, then I guess that's that. ^^


I don't update my list by episode either; what you're doing is fine. Updating in bunches is only really an issue in very rare circumstances (like claiming you watched 40 full-length episodes in one day). As long as you correctly date everything you watch after entering a challenge, and you don't wait like weeks to add something to your list after completing it, you're probably never gonna be asked anything regarding how you track your episodes/anime.

--

The amount of information for beginners in the club is definitely a lot. That being said, you'll learn a lot of it as you enter and work on challenges. If you have any other questions or need more clarification don't be afraid to ask.
CrazeeJun 20, 2023 11:56 PM
Jun 21, 2023 12:29 AM

Offline
Sep 2008
225
Thanks so much for the clarification. That definitely simplifies things, and I'm glad to hear that the way I update my MAL isn't going to be a problem. I do update pretty consistently so I doubt anything should end up looking suspicious.

I guess partly why I got so confused about the dates is that I randomly stumbled onto this club coming from the AWC, so I think I expected the club's challenges to be more like the AWC in that you'd give a start and end date for each item you submit, whereas mostly the challenges here seem to operate by checklists without giving dates.

xCrazee said:
Did you watch these anime before creating your challenge posts? If you did, then it should be fine to leave the dates as is, since previously completed is allowed for your first easy difficulty on all the genre challenges. If an inspector questions the end dates, you can redirect them to this post. I would try to avoid editing these anime on your list, that way your "Last updated" date doesn't jump to 2023.


Well, I only just created my challenge posts a few days ago, so yes, many years before. But I had no idea about that function to look at my update history (for when I watched episodes), so thanks for mentioning that. That should help me repair the damaged entries I've discovered.

xCrazee said:
I don't update my list by episode either; what you're doing is fine. Updating in bunches is only really an issue in very rare circumstances (like claiming you watched 40 full-length episodes in one day). As long as you correctly date everything you watch after entering a challenge, and you don't wait like weeks to add something to your list after completing it, you're probably never gonna be asked anything regarding how you track your episodes/anime.


Excellent, thanks so much for clarifying that. That rule about how you update your MAL seemed really intimidating. ^^

xCrazee said:
The amount of information for beginners in the club is definitely a lot. That being said, you'll learn a lot of it as you enter and work on challenges. If you have any other questions or need more clarification don't be afraid to ask.


Thanks, that's really reassuring. :) I will say, I stumbled on the club randomly from something someone posted over at the AWC, and I ended up directly on the monthly challenge (May 2023) and joined the club to participate in that, but because I came to it by that means I didn't realize there was so much to read through to understand how the club works and didn't realize that in order for my May submission to count I would've had to post it in the Turn-In thread. I followed all the instructions on the May 2023 Challenge post itself, but it didn't say anything about needing to turn it in separately. I see now that if I'd started from the FAQs/Rules for Beginners that would've been obvious, I guess, but I only just now realized this, basically.

Also, I've been going through all the challenges I'm planning to work on and organizing what I'm planning to watch for each one and finding the HoF fantastic for getting that organized, except in the case of the 80's Decade and 90's Decade challenges. For some reason items on my plan to watch aren't alphabetically organized for just these two lists and that's making it harder to sort through, but also it has no 'not watched' section at all, and in every other challenge I've been using that section of the list to plan how to fill out my requirements and add things to my Plan to Watch and so on. I suppose I'm saying I wish the 80's Decade and 90's Decade HoF lists were organized more like the others because they're generally so easy to use, but if those lists are something someone had to go through and create by hand then I can understand why it'd be too much bother. :)

My Candies: Bonus Candies: x 10
Jun 21, 2023 1:29 AM

Offline
Apr 2010
2549
elsewherecw said:
Also, I've been going through all the challenges I'm planning to work on and organizing what I'm planning to watch for each one and finding the HoF fantastic for getting that organized, except in the case of the 80's Decade and 90's Decade challenges. For some reason items on my plan to watch aren't alphabetically organized for just these two lists and that's making it harder to sort through, but also it has no 'not watched' section at all, and in every other challenge I've been using that section of the list to plan how to fill out my requirements and add things to my Plan to Watch and so on. I suppose I'm saying I wish the 80's Decade and 90's Decade HoF lists were organized more like the others because they're generally so easy to use, but if those lists are something someone had to go through and create by hand then I can understand why it'd be too much bother. :)

Showing the "Unwatched" isn't really practical, given the high number of anime released in the 1990s or even the 1980s.
The PTW being sorted by airdate is weird, and definitely unpractical ; I'll look into fixing it.
Jun 21, 2023 1:42 AM

Offline
Sep 2008
225
Jhiday said:
Showing the "Unwatched" isn't really practical, given the high number of anime released in the 1990s or even the 1980s.
The PTW being sorted by airdate is weird, and definitely unpractical ; I'll look into fixing it.


I didn't even realized it was by air date; I just thought it was random, but I would definitely find it easier if it were alphabetical like the others, so thanks for looking into it. :)

My Candies: Bonus Candies: x 10
Jun 26, 2023 9:02 PM

Offline
Sep 2008
225
Hi, another quick question.

Several challenges (for example, Mecha and Mahou Shoujo) ask us to watch a combination of the challenge genre and a 'Dementia' anime, which is now a deprecated theme on MAL. What do you consider to be the equivalent? Is Psychological acceptable?

Also, in reference to my previous post, I've realized that the majority of the HoF Lists actually have the PTW entries listed by air date and not alphabetically (not just the couple I noticed last time), and it would definitely be easier to sort through them if they were alphabetical, personally. (A few are alphabetical, like Mascot and all the small Theme challenges, for example, and they're just easier to work with for planning what to watch next for the challenge.)

My Candies: Bonus Candies: x 10
Jun 27, 2023 5:07 AM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
elsewherecw said:
Several challenges (for example, Mecha and Mahou Shoujo) ask us to watch a combination of the challenge genre and a 'Dementia' anime, which is now a deprecated theme on MAL. What do you consider to be the equivalent? Is Psychological acceptable?


You should be using Avant Garde. It's the same thing as Dementia; MAL just renamed it when the site had its genre/theme overhaul.

All of the club's challenges are slowly getting updated to match the new names/themes. If the challenge still says Dementia, that means it hasn't received its update yet. Because of how often MAL has been adding/removing genres after the overhaul, it's possible that some of the items requiring Dementia (Avant Garde) may no longer be possible (or there may only be 1 or 2 valid options). If this happens to be the case, you can bring it up so that a note can be made to change/remove that item when the challenge eventually gets its update.

Will leave the HoF stuff for Jhiday.
CrazeeJun 27, 2023 5:21 AM
Jun 27, 2023 7:26 PM

Offline
Sep 2008
225
xCrazee said:
You should be using Avant Garde. It's the same thing as Dementia; MAL just renamed it when the site had its genre/theme overhaul.


I see, thanks for letting me know. :)

My Candies: Bonus Candies: x 10
Jun 30, 2023 7:09 AM

Offline
Apr 2010
2549
elsewherecw said:
Also, in reference to my previous post, I've realized that the majority of the HoF Lists actually have the PTW entries listed by air date and not alphabetically

This should be all fixed now. The only checklists left sorted by air date should be the list/collections ones, where that's by design.
Jul 11, 2023 10:01 AM

Offline
Jan 2016
399
I just found out that some turn-ins I've made earlier are invalid by not correctly following the rules. A few of them are not finished yet, so I wanted to delete these turn-ins. I want to correct other turn-ins, but that will make the turn-in dates different. I could not find if I may delete/correct some turnins, or a procedure how to do this. Is there any? Thank you!
╰( ⚆o⚆)╮╰( ⊙o⊙)╮
Jul 11, 2023 11:16 AM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
Yvsmeg said:
I just found out that some turn-ins I've made earlier are invalid by not correctly following the rules. A few of them are not finished yet, so I wanted to delete these turn-ins. I want to correct other turn-ins, but that will make the turn-in dates different. I could not find if I may delete/correct some turnins, or a procedure how to do this. Is there any? Thank you!


Please do not delete your turn-ins. Deleting them messes up the inspection process.

Regarding making corrections ahead of time:
a) Which challenges would you be correcting?
b) What/how much do you need to fix?
c) When were these challenges turned in?

Making minor corrections before your challenge is marked invalid is sometimes okay, but it depends on the three things above.
Jul 28, 2023 1:35 PM

Offline
Jan 2017
1357
Hi there! I have a question about the Scavenger Hunt #03 and #15 regarding the following items:

Find and watch a series...
... that has snakes in it : Series [EP | TIMESTAMP | SCREENSHOT]
State the episode and timestamp on which they are shown; Include a screenshot for comparison; The snakes must appear clearly and be easy to identify as such; Can't be a half-snake character.

... that has rabbits in it : Series [EP | TIMESTAMP | SCREENSHOT]
State the episode and timestamp on which they are shown; Include a screenshot for comparison; The rabbits (or bunnies) must appear clearly and be easy to identify as such; Can't be a half-rabbit character.

Do I need to find an anime with several snakes/rabbits in an episode or is it enough if there's only one?
Jul 28, 2023 3:47 PM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
Ylienna said:
Hi there! I have a question about the Scavenger Hunt #03 and #15 regarding the following items:

Find and watch a series...
... that has snakes in it : Series [EP | TIMESTAMP | SCREENSHOT]
State the episode and timestamp on which they are shown; Include a screenshot for comparison; The snakes must appear clearly and be easy to identify as such; Can't be a half-snake character.

... that has rabbits in it : Series [EP | TIMESTAMP | SCREENSHOT]
State the episode and timestamp on which they are shown; Include a screenshot for comparison; The rabbits (or bunnies) must appear clearly and be easy to identify as such; Can't be a half-rabbit character.

Do I need to find an anime with several snakes/rabbits in an episode or is it enough if there's only one?

One is fine.
Jul 29, 2023 1:34 AM

Offline
Jan 2017
1357
@xCrazee
Thank you! :)
Aug 6, 2023 6:44 PM
Offline
Aug 2023
13
Hello, I used to be in this club years ago with a different user, but now I've got a new account and really don't remember how this works. How does one sign up to participate in a challenge in general? Sorry if this is not the place to ask this.
Aug 8, 2023 5:58 PM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
IvanTheWalker said:
Hello, I used to be in this club years ago with a different user, but now I've got a new account and really don't remember how this works. How does one sign up to participate in a challenge in general? Sorry if this is not the place to ask this.


This is the right place. All you need to do is pick the challenge you'd like to join and create a post in that challenge's forum thread. The sign up BBcode will be linked in the main post for the challenge ("Sign Up Code Here"). Using the highlight + copy feature that MAL added a couple months ago won't give you the entire code. Copy and paste the code into your challenge post and fill it out as you complete anime. When you finish the challenge you'll turn it in on the turn-in thread.

The index should have most of the info you need (Beginner's Guide, rules, challenge list, etc). Post #12 has all the challenges that do not allow you to use previously completed anime. A lot of people will create a post on all of these at once even if they don't plan on working them soon. That way 2-3 years down the line when they wanna fill them out, they now have those 2-3 years worth of anime to use.

For challenges that allow you to use previously completed, you do not need to create a post ahead of time. The HoF will have completed anime lists that you can copy+paste for these challenges. You won't have a HoF page until you turn in a challenge.

If you need a place to keep track of all of your challenge posts, you can join the Progress Tracking Club and create your own thread to save all your links.
CrazeeAug 8, 2023 6:01 PM
Aug 17, 2023 5:10 AM
a lil bean ✨

Offline
Feb 2011
17718
@BrianaBird @Twintail_Daemon

Please keep in mind the following: if you are to turn-in more than one challenge in a 24 hours span (turning-in multiple challenges in a day), you have to edit your last post. You will only make a new post to turn in if 24 hours passed since your last post there.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 17, 2023 5:30 AM
Anime Archivist

Offline
Aug 2019
751
Fair fair 🫡 it won't happen again
Aug 17, 2023 7:49 AM
Offline
Sep 2008
404
Got it! I wasn't sure if it would mess something up if I edited my last post
Aug 17, 2023 10:14 PM
Anime Archivist

Offline
Aug 2019
751
@SheyCroix I have a quick question as a result of the hiccup. I noticed on my HoF that (after the Saturday Challenge was incorporated with the larger submission block) it counted the challenge as two separate submissions and is giving me unofficial points for that. Is this something that could be changed or are the HoF updates unchangeable and I would have to just make a note when I complete my second round of the Saturday Challenge?
Aug 18, 2023 1:48 PM
a lil bean ✨

Offline
Feb 2011
17718
Twintail_Daemon said:
@SheyCroix I have a quick question as a result of the hiccup. I noticed on my HoF that (after the Saturday Challenge was incorporated with the larger submission block) it counted the challenge as two separate submissions and is giving me unofficial points for that. Is this something that could be changed or are the HoF updates unchangeable and I would have to just make a note when I complete my second round of the Saturday Challenge?

Give @Jhiday a chance to return from his vacations, so he can work with that.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 23, 2023 5:05 PM
a lil bean ✨

Offline
Feb 2011
17718
@MeanyOn

We just noticed an old turn-in from you that was never registered. You will need to make a new turn in for that.

MeanyOn said:
b]Challenge:[/b]critics and conoisseur challenge
Version:easy
Start Date:03/01/2023
End Date:03/01/2023
Post Link:https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/challenge/criticsConnoisseurs?u


Keep in mind the following:
— make sure to copy the provided template correctly
— do not use quotes
— write the challenge name correctly
— leave adequate spaces
— link your post on that challenge's thread

If you have questions or any other thing you are unsure about, feel free to mention me or a different admin here.
Alternatively, join our discord (link on the club profile).

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 23, 2023 9:23 AM

Offline
Apr 2022
214
Hello. In regards to 52 Weeks Challenge:
Difficulties:
Easy = 1/4 = until Week 13
Medium = 2/4 = until Week 26
Hard = 3/4 = until Week 39
Conquered = 4/4 = until Week 52

Is each difficulty supposed to start again with week 1 or are they a continued sequence of prior difficulty (i.e Medium: Week 14-26 vs Week 1-26)?

I'm sorry if I may be overlooking the obvious. I had noticed a few posts that had the next difficulty start at week 1

Thanks
Sep 23, 2023 12:05 PM
The Enthusiast

Offline
Jul 2007
1759
Reply to KarmaSlyr
Hello. In regards to 52 Weeks Challenge:
Difficulties:
Easy = 1/4 = until Week 13
Medium = 2/4 = until Week 26
Hard = 3/4 = until Week 39
Conquered = 4/4 = until Week 52

Is each difficulty supposed to start again with week 1 or are they a continued sequence of prior difficulty (i.e Medium: Week 14-26 vs Week 1-26)?

I'm sorry if I may be overlooking the obvious. I had noticed a few posts that had the next difficulty start at week 1

Thanks
@KarmaSlyr Each difficulty is its own run. They can be run at the same time, if you so desire, but they all must start with Week 1 and run through the number of weeks required for whatever difficulty you are working on. None of the anime from each difficulty can be used on the other.

So, basically, you'll be running Easy for 13 Weeks of anime, Medium is a total of 26 Weeks of anime, Hard is a total of 39 Weeks of anime, and Conquered is a total of 52 Weeks of anime, all having their own requirements picked out and unique anime to that run.

Easy, Medium, and Hard can be completed 3 times each, but you must completed all of x1 before starting on x2, and all of x2 before starting x3. Conquered can be run as many times as you'd like.
Sep 23, 2023 2:36 PM

Offline
Apr 2022
214
Reply to lostnyanko
@KarmaSlyr Each difficulty is its own run. They can be run at the same time, if you so desire, but they all must start with Week 1 and run through the number of weeks required for whatever difficulty you are working on. None of the anime from each difficulty can be used on the other.

So, basically, you'll be running Easy for 13 Weeks of anime, Medium is a total of 26 Weeks of anime, Hard is a total of 39 Weeks of anime, and Conquered is a total of 52 Weeks of anime, all having their own requirements picked out and unique anime to that run.

Easy, Medium, and Hard can be completed 3 times each, but you must completed all of x1 before starting on x2, and all of x2 before starting x3. Conquered can be run as many times as you'd like.
@lostnyanko thank you so much
Oct 3, 2023 4:48 AM

Offline
Jan 2009
148
Hi! I've been participating in challenges till 2019. and just returned with eagerness to continue after a while. :)

I noticed a few of my previously completed challenges are marked as rejected now (I assume due to MAL changing tags on anime etc.). Should I correct those and turn them in again?

Also, I noticed there is a huge amount of turned in challenges that haven't been checked from the past 3 years. Is this challenge group still adding turned in challenges to the Hall of Fame or has it gotten too overwhelming to keep up with all submissions throughout the years?
Oct 3, 2023 8:04 PM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
Succhan said:

Hi! I've been participating in challenges till 2019. and just returned with eagerness to continue after a while. :)


I noticed a few of my previously completed challenges are marked as rejected now (I assume due to MAL changing tags on anime etc.). Should I correct those and turn them in again?


Welcome back! You don't need to turn your Invalid challenges in again; that policy has been gone for a long time. According to your HoF page, you don't actually have any Invalid challenges to fix. Turn-ins #6, 8, and 9 look invalid, but you already fixed them with turn-ins #11, 12, and 13.

Do not delete the extra Romance Easy turn-in you made yesterday. A staff member will deal with that.

If you eventually have a new Invalid, just fix it and then go to the Invalids thread and ping (use the "Reply" feature) the Inspector who wrote the Invalids post. You need to list every specific change that you made (so you should say "Replaced anime X with anime Y" and not just "I fixed it"). The list of current Inspectors is on the first post in the Invalids thread. If the Inspector who posted your Invalid is no longer listed there, you should ping @ _Bri instead of that person.

Succhan said:

Also, I noticed there is a huge amount of turned in challenges that haven't been checked from the past 3 years. Is this challenge group still adding turned in challenges to the Hall of Fame or has it gotten too overwhelming to keep up with all submissions throughout the years?


Inspections are still happening but as you mentioned, we are very behind. We're simply getting too many turn-ins to keep up with right now. The number of active members and turn-ins went up dramatically when COVID hit, and it hasn't really gone back down.

The club staff are trying their best to get members some of their points faster. For example, a recent change was made that makes it so that monthly challenges are being Inspected a few days (instead of a couple of years) after you turn-in.
CrazeeOct 3, 2023 8:10 PM
Oct 4, 2023 9:26 AM

Offline
Jan 2009
148
Reply to Crazee
Succhan said:

Hi! I've been participating in challenges till 2019. and just returned with eagerness to continue after a while. :)


I noticed a few of my previously completed challenges are marked as rejected now (I assume due to MAL changing tags on anime etc.). Should I correct those and turn them in again?


Welcome back! You don't need to turn your Invalid challenges in again; that policy has been gone for a long time. According to your HoF page, you don't actually have any Invalid challenges to fix. Turn-ins #6, 8, and 9 look invalid, but you already fixed them with turn-ins #11, 12, and 13.

Do not delete the extra Romance Easy turn-in you made yesterday. A staff member will deal with that.

If you eventually have a new Invalid, just fix it and then go to the Invalids thread and ping (use the "Reply" feature) the Inspector who wrote the Invalids post. You need to list every specific change that you made (so you should say "Replaced anime X with anime Y" and not just "I fixed it"). The list of current Inspectors is on the first post in the Invalids thread. If the Inspector who posted your Invalid is no longer listed there, you should ping @ _Bri instead of that person.

Succhan said:

Also, I noticed there is a huge amount of turned in challenges that haven't been checked from the past 3 years. Is this challenge group still adding turned in challenges to the Hall of Fame or has it gotten too overwhelming to keep up with all submissions throughout the years?


Inspections are still happening but as you mentioned, we are very behind. We're simply getting too many turn-ins to keep up with right now. The number of active members and turn-ins went up dramatically when COVID hit, and it hasn't really gone back down.

The club staff are trying their best to get members some of their points faster. For example, a recent change was made that makes it so that monthly challenges are being Inspected a few days (instead of a couple of years) after you turn-in.
@xCrazee Oh no, you're totally right about my incorrect submission. I got confused by the red there and messed it up. So sorry!

Thank you for replying, I appreciate you explaining everything!
Oct 20, 2023 7:31 AM

Offline
Jul 2013
566
Hey! Kind of a weird question maybe, but since I don't participate in many challenges so I wasn't sure and figured it's best to ask. I've decided to participate in the The Haunted MAL Tag Spooktacular challenge, but I'm also doing the AWC, is it okay if I use the same entries for both of them? Should the entries be completely unique?
Oct 20, 2023 7:36 AM

Offline
Apr 2010
2549
Reply to eirian_j
Hey! Kind of a weird question maybe, but since I don't participate in many challenges so I wasn't sure and figured it's best to ask. I've decided to participate in the The Haunted MAL Tag Spooktacular challenge, but I'm also doing the AWC, is it okay if I use the same entries for both of them? Should the entries be completely unique?
@eirian_j There's no problem there ; only a very few challenges will forbid overlapping, and they will mention it explicitly.
Oct 20, 2023 7:37 AM

Offline
Jul 2013
566
Reply to Jhiday
@eirian_j There's no problem there ; only a very few challenges will forbid overlapping, and they will mention it explicitly.
@Jhiday Thank you so much for the quick answer :)
Nov 11, 2023 2:48 PM

Offline
Jun 2020
139
Hello! Have my October 2021 and November 2021 challenges been validated? Because the hall of fame shows that they have and the turnins posts that they haven't.
Nov 13, 2023 9:55 PM

Offline
Oct 2020
1331
Reply to rosemagic
Hello! Have my October 2021 and November 2021 challenges been validated? Because the hall of fame shows that they have and the turnins posts that they haven't.
@rosemagic

Hello! Yes, they've been validated. The "Added" bars just haven't been edited in yet.
Nov 16, 2023 6:02 AM

Offline
Jun 2020
139
Reply to Crazee
@rosemagic

Hello! Yes, they've been validated. The "Added" bars just haven't been edited in yet.
@xCrazee Thank you
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (44) « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 44 »

More topics from this board

» ✈️ July 2024 Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 )

AWCC_admin - Jun 30

180 by lostnyanko »»
24 minutes ago

» 🔱 LoScore 「 Batch 57: JUL 03 | Sign Up B.57 until JUL 20 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Aug 26, 2019

9619 by HimeCrycho »»
2 hours ago

» People Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Jul 15, 2016

474 by Papa_Dragon »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

9344 by Papa_Dragon »»
3 hours ago

» 🏫 AWCC University [OPEN until Aug 15] ( 1 2 3 )

HimeCrycho - May 31

144 by Papa_Dragon »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.
Sign Up Login