Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

If you're an anime only fan of JoJo, what do you think of part 4 from what we've seen so far?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 2016 2:49 AM

Apr 2014
Maloghurst said:
ShigyC said:
What do you miss the most from that artstyle?

For the remaining parts, it will all look pretty similar to this.
i wanna say the "grit" if that's how i wanna consider it, the "sharness".

surprise they would stick to a particular style. the current art style looks very tailored for the style of the series thus far. I would think that they would change art style depending on how much the story deviated from a previous chapter

Well, actually the art style reflects the art style of the manga. But if you liked the style of Part 3, I have to tell you that sadly that will never come back again. In fact, the newer art style will be radically different.
your waifu is shit
Apr 30, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2015
I like the new art style.. It grew on me pretty quick.
Apr 30, 2016 6:06 PM

Sep 2014
SzJ said:
Maloghurst said:
i wanna say the "grit" if that's how i wanna consider it, the "sharness".

surprise they would stick to a particular style. the current art style looks very tailored for the style of the series thus far. I would think that they would change art style depending on how much the story deviated from a previous chapter

Well, actually the art style reflects the art style of the manga. But if you liked the style of Part 3, I have to tell you that sadly that will never come back again. In fact, the newer art style will be radically different.
i'm fine with that. i kind of figured that Stardust crusaders would look like "stardust crusaders". the story and characters in diamond are coming off quite stronger than SC so far anyways
May 2, 2016 6:31 AM
Mar 2013
The art style seemed very different, does it stay in line with the actual drawings of the manga? Also isn'y the coloring of the town a little strange? I mean a yellow sky isn't the strangest thing in general, but 8am in the morning it's kinda wut?? In terms of story development I hope it drifts from the battle barrage of part3(which was nice, but some episodes got kinda boring), seems very good so far. Pity that Joseph didn't end up as loving to SuzieQ as he seemed(even though it was hinted that he is a perv and it's true that people's characters get to change as they age).
May 4, 2016 4:28 PM
Mar 2014
GerryOP said:
The art style seemed very different, does it stay in line with the actual drawings of the manga? Also isn'y the coloring of the town a little strange? I mean a yellow sky isn't the strangest thing in general, but 8am in the morning it's kinda wut?? In terms of story development I hope it drifts from the battle barrage of part3(which was nice, but some episodes got kinda boring), seems very good so far. Pity that Joseph didn't end up as loving to SuzieQ as he seemed(even though it was hinted that he is a perv and it's true that people's characters get to change as they age).

JoJo during and after part 4 has a lot of strange and different colors for backdrops. Part 8 looks like Namek from Dragon Ball Z color-palette wise. JoJo is just a colorful series. Part 4 takes on a more slice of life parody feel than battle adventure. The art is very close to the manga's. The manga will remain in a similar art style as part 4.
May 5, 2016 2:04 AM
Mar 2013
FrankieKong64 said:
GerryOP said:

JoJo during and after part 4 has a lot of strange and different colors for backdrops. Part 8 looks like Namek from Dragon Ball Z color-palette wise. JoJo is just a colorful series. Part 4 takes on a more slice of life parody feel than battle adventure. The art is very close to the manga's. The manga will remain in a similar art style as part 4.

thanks for the info, also SP's coloring seemed strange but i guess that's the only reasonable thing. Dont misunderstand me i like strange palettes, i just wanted to know if this innovation came from the studio or the mangaka himself.. Thanks again!! :)
May 14, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2011
I didn't like the Stardust Crusaders at all, well, except the Dio fight, but I'm loving the Diamond is Unbreakable season. Its the best of the Spring
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.