Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2016 2:13 PM
May 2015
SkullProX said:
Milennin said:
This is great news to be honest. Compared to the first series, Fairy Tail 2014 has been such a disappointment when it comes to its visuals and poor pacing. Hopefully the new studio won't mess it up and gives us higher quality episodes.
And I'd rather wait months or years for this new series to start than having another terrible filler arc like that last one (would've dropped Fairy Tail ten times over during that arc alone, if only I wasn't so in love with it, thanks to the first series). Less fillers is always a good thing.

2014 visuals were 10000x better than the originals...

EDIT: It's just really stupid to stop at this point... I mean why even start an arc? The manga is 2 arcs ahead, they could easily adapt this small arc, and the Alvarez Empire arc, I'm sure it would be over before the anime catches up... And they could make a break after that... 0logic -.-
I heard it was because they have a 1 year time slot, and to contractually renew it they would have to commit to an entire year, which would outpace the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2016 2:21 PM
Oct 2011
Milennin said:
This is great news to be honest. Compared to the first series, Fairy Tail 2014 has been such a disappointment when it comes to its visuals and poor pacing. Hopefully the new studio won't mess it up and gives us higher quality episodes.
And I'd rather wait months or years for this new series to start than having another terrible filler arc like that last one (would've dropped Fairy Tail ten times over during that arc alone, if only I wasn't so in love with it, thanks to the first series). Less fillers is always a good thing.

I couldn't agree more.
Mar 19, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2015
Is there any point in even watching this anime anymore if they do restart it? I mean this is second time they ended this show randomly in the middle of an arc. The first time was in the middle of Grand Magic Games arc when things were just getting good.
Mar 19, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Not another break again(-_-)
I actually planned to watch Fairy tail tomorrow again after I took one month break with it, but now I just got 1 week vacation from school... and now this happened... what a great thing to start your vacation with(T_T)
Hopefully it will be a short one compared to the last one which was a year(>_<)
Mar 19, 2016 3:23 PM

Jan 2012

i haven't read the article (can't open link) so what are thy making a new anime ? are they gonna animate Alvarez Empire arc

Mar 19, 2016 3:45 PM

Oct 2008
Sigh, i still haven't forgiven how they ended the first series. And now they announce the same for the new... Well, i gotta live with it. Still better than how filleRuto goes.
Mar 19, 2016 4:26 PM

Jan 2015
AllenVonStein said:

i haven't read the article (can't open link) so what are thy making a new anime ? are they gonna animate Alvarez Empire arc

Is the link not working?

Well according to the article, they aren't giving us any information as to why they to this for the SECOND TIME already, so we can only speculate until they decide to give us some answers. Some people are saying it's because the anime is catching up to the manga and others are saying it's because they are changing studios. We can only guess as to why they are doing this right now and why they decided to do this when a new arc just started instead of last week when Fairy Tail Zero ended, which would have made more sense.
Mar 19, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2007
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Fai said:

THere's absolutely no indication that it is in its final arcs.

Agreed. People keep acting like we're in the final arc when Hiro Mashima has been stating in his author notes its just another arc to join the many he's done before and that he still has more planned for future plot points.

Source, links cause i would like to see where he specifically stated this. Yes i also agree, not sure why people keep coming to the conclusion that FT is on its final arc, for all we know it could only be the half way point.

Mar 19, 2016 5:32 PM

Sep 2009
miskos3 said:
faizdanyal said:
Now, IDK if anyone knows about Japanese Television Schedules and such but I wonder, what Anime or Show will replace Fairy Tail on their current timeslot on TV Tokyo after the show ends on March 26th (next week when I wrote this comment)? Any indication of what Anime will it be? Because if TV Tokyo wants great ratings, they really need to find another Anime worthy of garnering ratings.
FT aired at a children time spot, Saturday mornings. I don't think they care about ratings there

So any idea what Anime will replace Fairy Tail on the current time slot starting April?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 19, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2014
With it stopping means it will be much more improved or will it just stay the same but with more ecchi like the manga has. I mean the FT girls are the sexiest ones in anime.
Mar 19, 2016 9:10 PM

May 2014
Thank god I read the manga because this would've broken my heart. It's good they're ending it here though. The anime was catching up real fast with the manga, so my guess: since the manga will probably be ending this arc, the new project will be the final series. It's going to kill me waiting for these chapters to be animated though.
Mar 19, 2016 10:35 PM

Oct 2015
Kinda sad when I heard this news can probably expect another 1year hiatus... Oh well atleast there are 3 Ovas coming out later on may,july and november perhaps after ones gonna air they might continue it then right after at start of 2017
Mar 19, 2016 10:48 PM

May 2015
well still waiting for the end of manga ver

after it, ft will be animated again
Mar 20, 2016 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
Funny how this is the same date and time that the first anime ended, I wonder if there something behind that
Mar 20, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2007
KatsuraDragneel said:
Fai said:

except the parts about the

And there's absolutely no signs that any of that is endgame.

link9us said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Agreed. People keep acting like we're in the final arc when Hiro Mashima has been stating in his author notes its just another arc to join the many he's done before and that he still has more planned for future plot points.

Source, links cause i would like to see where he specifically stated this. Yes i also agree, not sure why people keep coming to the conclusion that FT is on its final arc, for all we know it could only be the half way point.

I mean he literally stated that Sun Village was barely mid-point of the series.
Mar 20, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2014
[quote=Fai message=45249503]
KatsuraDragneel said:
Fai said:

except the parts about the

And there's absolutely no signs that any of that is endgame.
Hiro Mashima literally stated that after GMG there were 2-3 arcs left. Tartaros, Avatar, current arc. The manga is being set up to end and he said it's ending soon. So yes, the manga is ending soon.
Mar 20, 2016 9:43 PM

Mar 2014
^ Hiro said there'll be three more arcs as big as GMG, so going by that, the current arc is the penultimate arc (saga).
Mar 20, 2016 10:36 PM
Oct 2013
ziggy_Z said:
^ Hiro said there'll be three more arcs as big as GMG, so going by that, the current arc is the penultimate arc (saga).
"at least"

Plans change
Mar 21, 2016 1:01 AM

Jul 2007
Ahoy_NATO said:
Hiro Mashima literally stated that after GMG there were 2-3 arcs left. Tartaros, Avatar, current arc. The manga is being set up to end and he said it's ending soon. So yes, the manga is ending soon.

Source or I call utter bullshit. That contradicts his statement that they are halfway through by the time of sun village and him wanting to make FT at least twice as long as RAVE(which would mean at least one hundred more chapters).

miskos3 said:
ziggy_Z said:
"at least"

Plans change

Not when it has been printing him money. There's at least one arc after current one. Most likely two or three.
AhenshihaelMar 21, 2016 1:04 AM
Mar 21, 2016 2:03 AM
Oct 2013
Fai said:
Ahoy_NATO said:

Source or I call utter bullshit. That contradicts his statement that they are halfway through by the time of sun village and him wanting to make FT at least twice as long as RAVE(which would mean at least one hundred more chapters).

miskos3 said:
"at least"

Plans change

Not when it has been printing him money. There's at least one arc after current one. Most likely two or three.
Could you please provide source for your statement? Otherwise that's what is bullshit... since I'm fairly certain no such thing has been stated, unlike the "minimum of 3 arcs" thing which comes from an interview years ago.
Mar 21, 2016 6:46 AM
Jun 2011
Bloody motherfuc*ing hell !!! just when i think the anime enter it's peak its over. then what the hell i'm gonna watch in mean time ? generic, cheap, harem ? hell no !

But anyway, i'm just hope that the next studio gonna do better, i'm one hell of FT fans and i must say i'm little bit disappointed with the color and animation.. what the word dull ?

Gonna miss one of my favorite anime...
Mar 21, 2016 7:58 AM
Dec 2008
They're going to end it once again at a random point? Lol. Hard to keep taking it seriously.
Mar 21, 2016 10:32 AM

May 2014
[quote=Fai message=45259309]
Ahoy_NATO said:

Fairy Tail Afterword in Volume 35. He says that there are 3 "episodes" he wants played out which is a terrible English translation of "story arc" in Japanese. He also says there that he was thinking about 15-20 volumes, well, he's almost exactly at 15-20 volumes later right now since he just released 54.
Mar 21, 2016 10:34 AM

May 2014
LGHyourinmaru said:
They're going to end it once again at a random point? Lol. Hard to keep taking it seriously.
It's not really random, considering what happens in the manga, the next episode should actually wrap up the story so far nicely and give you something to look forward to.
Mar 21, 2016 10:11 PM

Jun 2012
Theres going to be an announcement today right?
Mar 21, 2016 10:38 PM
Oct 2013
Shuhan said:
Theres going to be an announcement today right?
No, the announcement we already saw is the one from Weekly Shonen Magazine that is releasing today, but some people get their copies earlier/leaks happen.
Mar 21, 2016 11:09 PM
Apr 2015
they could have ended this with last week's episode, or end with the Tartatos epilogue, then made FT0 a separate series. i don't see the point of adapting 2 eps from post timeskip :/

well, this is better than fillers.
Mar 22, 2016 1:25 AM

Jun 2014
nicomaine said:
they could have ended this with last week's episode, or end with the Tartatos epilogue, then made FT0 a separate series. i don't see the point of adapting 2 eps from post timeskip :/

well, this is better than fillers.

It's really simple: They got a time spot on TV to fill.
They have to release something FT related till the end of march.
Mar 22, 2016 10:50 AM
Mar 22, 2016 2:33 PM
Aug 2015
This is the best news i have heard all week. Horray for mashima-sama!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2014

Ah, so it's not the movie. I think that new season will air April of next year.
Mar 23, 2016 8:42 AM

Apr 2012
i think there a 2 options:

1.) They are just changing the studio (like some rumors are saying)

or

2.) They know how long the manga goes (mashima told them) and they want to animate it w/o filler arcs...They make a break so that they wont catch up. Maybe they wait till the manga has a gap of ~ 90 chapters. Mashima can also release 2-3 chapters at once, like in the past, to bring FT back in the Fall Season.
Mar 25, 2016 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
Didn't like a lot about Tartaros arc but Zero was one of the best arcs so far. I hope they go back to the same studio from the first series cause I preferred their animation, soundtrack and art (especially as others have said the colours)
Jul 20, 2017 10:41 AM
Aug 2015
The day has finally come
https://myanimelist.net/news/51595903
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.