Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, more action this episode. About time.

What I find the episode slightly more interesting is how there's cyber technology used as weapons of war. Not that I mind it but seems rather weird. Gotta admire Mikoto's friend for putting his life in danger above his own though.

Mar 17, 2016 6:27 AM

Nov 2007
End of the trip. KajiKaji's character immediately act and met up kekkai girl and the people who abducted. He have to kill his father, though. Going through the soldiers while talking to "his father", and he starts to talk about the one he loves. He would use everyone just to revive her. Kekkai girl's purpose is to undo the code of the program there.

The father plans to make KajiKaji's character a robot. The love of them stopped him. The father understood and led them go. They are able to escape.

Reset going on next. (ED airing in another verse? sounded like this ep. is finale or one ep. before finale, but actually there are two more eps. left)
tsubasaloverMar 18, 2016 9:31 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 17, 2016 9:29 AM

Jan 2015
Okay, so they finally reach the end of their "Destination", or something like that. I guess all that's left is the confrontation and maybe extra scene of Kakeru's searching for Koharu. Right?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 17, 2016 9:41 AM
Jan 2015
Natsuhiko Azuma death? :(
IvuLoxarMar 17, 2016 9:52 AM
Mar 17, 2016 12:53 PM

Mar 2008
Although it's not flawless, I really like how the routes are combined and the story told in the anime.
Favorite part was Kakeru using his powers to fight the robots. Things like that are just better with movement xD

Naming the original route for each scene is starting to get tricky, they also keep on taking information from Last Era.

It's been a while since I played the original but Natsuhiko being shot did happen in his route right? At least it should be, since Mikoto is a kind of Femme Fatale, haha.

At first I was confused at the tower, but then I remembered it from a certain Last Era route (it only appears/is spoken about in one). There was also Motohisa among the others when hearing about Aion's circumstances, although he did not have any lines.

Rest under a spoiler button just in case (Last Era spoilers, though they are slight if you have seen this episode)

Some thoughts about the coming episode, original game spoilers

I'm glad Kakeru wasn't really brainwashed but I hoped for Koharu to step in much earlier :/

Akito's entry at the end <3

Man I need the soundtrack so badly ;_; I kept looping episode 8 just for the OST, some of the good tracks are back in this one.
Mar 17, 2016 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
Isnt this episode 11? Episode 10 was just a recap but this is technically episode 11, right?

Anyways great episode. Never read the vn but i like what i got here
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 17, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2007
Did Natsuhiko just change the future by saving Mikoto? I like him more than one dimensional Sakuya so I will be bummed if he dies just like that.

Don't really like Kakeru (and he went full Eren Jaeger in this episode, too) and Koharu but I guess love prevails against all odds so they made it out of it, but thanks to Syukuri. I hope they give me more Syukuri and Namami moments in the remaining two episodes because they are my favourite couple in the anime.

So, this will be the last reset if it takes place? I dunno. I will have to wait to get the answer. Too many confusing things happening in this episode.

jirachi3x said:
Isnt this episode 11? Episode 10 was just a recap but this is technically episode 11, right?

No. It was episode 10 according to the preview of the recap episode and this episode has episode 11 in its preview.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 17, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2015
Episode felt more like a conclusion, but with two more episodes, they're really doing the reset, huh. Kakeru and Koharu successfully got through Shiro, but Natsuhiko gets harmed while protecting Mikoto . Alright episode. Hope they'll reveal more about Sorata and Natsuhiko soon.
Mar 17, 2016 7:30 PM
Jun 2010
My god the quotes from this episode is gold mine. People kill people!!!
Mar 17, 2016 9:38 PM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
Did Natsuhiko just change the future by saving Mikoto? I like him more than one dimensional Sakuya so I will be bummed if he dies just like that.

Don't really like Kakeru (and he went full Eren Jaeger in this episode, too) and Koharu but I guess love prevails against all odds so they made it out of it, but thanks to Syukuri. I hope they give me more Syukuri and Namami moments in the remaining two episodes because they are my favourite couple in the anime.

So, this will be the last reset if it takes place? I dunno. I will have to wait to get the answer. Too many confusing things happening in this episode.

jirachi3x said:

No. It was episode 10 according to the preview of the recap episode and this episode has episode 11 in its preview.

k thanks, didnt know that
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 17, 2016 10:16 PM
Mar 2015
Shiina said:
Although it's not flawless, I really like how the routes are combined and the story told in the anime.
Favorite part was Kakeru using his powers to fight the robots. Things like that are just better with movement xD

Naming the original route for each scene is starting to get tricky, they also keep on taking information from Last Era.

It's been a while since I played the original but Natsuhiko being shot did happen in his route right? At least it should be, since Mikoto is a kind of Femme Fatale, haha.

At first I was confused at the tower, but then I remembered it from a certain Last Era route (it only appears/is spoken about in one). There was also Motohisa among the others when hearing about Aion's circumstances, although he did not have any lines.

Rest under a spoiler button just in case (Last Era spoilers, though they are slight if you have seen this episode)

Some thoughts about the coming episode, original game spoilers

I'm glad Kakeru wasn't really brainwashed but I hoped for Koharu to step in much earlier :/

Akito's entry at the end <3

Man I need the soundtrack so badly ;_; I kept looping episode 8 just for the OST, some of the good tracks are back in this one.

So, you're saying its gonna be Sakuya's end? :(
Mar 17, 2016 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
Kakeru's father was trying to turn his son into a robot. Good to see that he understood the situation and let Kakeru and Koharu go!
Mar 18, 2016 1:25 AM

Mar 2008
amelindabtr said:

So, you're saying its gonna be Sakuya's end? :(

No, not at all. The Reset part will be taken from it, but I think Mikoto is going to stay with Natsuhiko.

The anime combines routes, like how Koharu is the one to go away with Yuiga, not Kakeru, which only occurs in Senri's.
Mar 18, 2016 5:20 AM
Jan 2016
The episode is more action I like it. Natsuhiko injured for protecting Mikoto, I like it too.

But if he die, I will erased all of NORN9 episode from my PC. Shift+Delete.

It's not that I hate Sakuya. I dislike him, not hate. If he is the main hero for Mikoto, so why Otomate put Natsuhiko in main visual? If Sakuya is the main, just put him in, not Natsuhiko. Don't put Natshiko's fans hope up, Otomate
Mar 18, 2016 7:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Wait....So The Traveler isn't Kakeru's biological dad?

They said he's been a robot for like 1000 years and is waiting for his wife to reincarnate, so I'm a little confused on when Kakeru was conceived if he really is his son
Mar 18, 2016 10:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode. Natsuhiko getting shot was predictable the moment when it came on. But hopefully, he doesn't die now :(

Kakeru was badass in this episode.

The reset will happen!
Mar 18, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2014
So now that they beat the bed guy they will do the Reset anyway?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 18, 2016 2:02 PM
May 2013
I was pretty shocked over the swedish backround song
Pandora hearts broke my heart
Mar 18, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
Annisa_Alfiani said:
Natsuhiko injured for protecting Mikoto, I like it too.

But if he die, I will erased all of NORN9 episode from my PC. Shift+Delete.

Here is the ominous screenshot.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 18, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2012
Now that it makes a return since ep 1 I'll ask again: Does anyone know the name of the song and singer of the song that plays as the place blows up at the end???? The Swedish one.

We were speculating in episode one as well but no one knew who she was, I'd really like to know!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Mar 18, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
This was such an amazingly beautiful episode
I think this was the best overall episode of any anime I've seen all season!!
Mar 18, 2016 8:02 PM

Jul 2009
So was Sakuya's role taken by Natsuhiko, the whole dying for the girl he loves? (Except Natsu probably won't die. Sakuya got NTR -.-)
Mar 18, 2016 8:26 PM

Oct 2011
NATSUH:IKO NOOOOOOOOOOOO

T_________T
Mar 18, 2016 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
Tokoya said:
They said he's been a robot for like 1000 years and is waiting for his wife to reincarnate, so I'm a little confused on when Kakeru was conceived if he really is his son

Now that you mentioned, it confirmed my thought about the traveler being able to live that long is weird.
tsubasaloverMar 18, 2016 9:39 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2016 11:27 PM

Jul 2010
Kakan said:
I was pretty shocked over the swedish backround song

I was watching it on the TV and had to higher the volume because didn't believe at first but it really was Swedish.
Mar 19, 2016 9:28 AM

Dec 2013
Up to now I still don't understand how Mikoto can be so subservient to Natsuhiko. She met him not two episodes ago, and thus far he hasn't done anything to her in the anime that warrants her change in attitude towards him as anything more than a kidnapper, bar the night watching scene. I just can't see why she would even follow his orders when he tells her not to follow Kakeru in to save Koharu. So you'll just ignore giving your friend a helping hand to save your other friend that's being held captive just because your kidnapper says so? Even when your friend is here to help you to escape from said kidnapper? It's pretty dumb if you ask me.

Have not played the game, so none of the things that "happened" there affect my opinion of things, so as much as they have shown in the show thus far, I haven't seen anything thus far prior to that moment to show Natsuhiko being an option for her. Even if I don't see Sakuya getting with Mikoto, as far as interactions and backstories shown in the anime, I still get the feeling that Sakuya is the more viable choice. And don't quote me about the guy getting shot, that happened after the points I made occurred.
What makes her so convinced that what Natsuhiko's doing is so right that she would have his back so that he can shut down the "reset" system that is essentially her and all her friend's main purpose of existence? I just don't get it.

That said, I still find things pretty stupid here. So Mikoto AND Kohaku get kidnapped and you all head to the World and just EXPECT both of them to show up eventually? Why was there no active search for Mikoto?
With Kakeru wanting to save Kohaku, it's less of an annoyance, but why do these people keep expecting that their friends who have been kidnapped/abducted will just be suddenly set free to join them when the time is right? Do they really expect people trying to stop them from performing the reset to NOT keep Mikoto from reaching the World so that they accomplish their objectives? Again, it's another dumb plot hole for me.

And for being a robot, that dad sure is fucking illogical.
Asks Koharu: would you be alright if Kakeru dies? All the while being the very person to beat the crap out of Kakeru.... seriously???

Asks Kakeru: become a robot like me so that you won't have to experience losing the love of your life (specifically after saying earlier in the same episode that he's been suffering for thousands of years to see the love of his life that died...) EVEN IF Koharu dies, you'll "gain eternal love"...... lol, wut?

And another thing... why the heck is Kohaku still staying around with the dad again? Even after finding out all the shady stuff that he's doing and especially when he's beating the crap out of the guy you like? Why is she even standing up there? So after watching him get beat is okay, but when he starts getting brainwashed that's when things are not okay? The dad's logic has been totally flawed from the start, why the heck are you even standing around with him? How dumb is this scene actually?

Then that ending.... "Koharu lets burn everything!" Raises plants from the ground. Suddenly the dad is on the ground and everything that he said about delaying the reset suddenly becomes moot "Just because"? Just because Kakeru spouted some sensible words and magically raised plants from the ground? That's all it took to make him change his mind? Eh...?

Can someone tell me if the Game actually explains all those plot holes? Because thus far none of those things have made sense. Are things so illogical in the game as well?

As for the shot, Natsuhiko is totally fine, it hit him on the right side, so unless he has a weird body structure, he's not dead for sure. The "NTR" is strong in this one.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 19, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2013
LOL "I'm gonna be a robot and wait for my loved-one to reincarnate" ...
Laughable plot, laughable dialogue. I don't know if it's just bad translation, or if it's really that bad.
Mar 20, 2016 2:58 AM
Jun 2014
WHAT? There was a Swedish song in the background! Thought there was an ad in another window or something xD
Mar 20, 2016 9:00 AM
Feb 2013
This episode was one of my favorites. And I loved the song at the end. I've been wondering what the songs name was since I heard it a few episodes ago. Also, I notice that the ED for this episode was different from the usual, both the video and the song.
:0
Mar 21, 2016 2:49 AM

Feb 2013
what an awfully melodramatic episode with absolutely no tension. and i thought the show was getting better.
Mar 21, 2016 11:08 AM

May 2010
I swear all Kaji Yuuki characters listen less and shout more, lol.

Dad be like "yo sun everything is fair in love and war yo"
What a weird guy though. Like. You are hitting your son but you want his mom back. Very nice.

Mikoto pls. Like. Where the hell is your barrier when people need it?

Koharu be like "Eternal love? No thanks once is enough, lol." But yea, she is right. Kakeru's dad is really selfish, imposing his ideals on others.

Okay episode. They almost killed the best boy for Mikoto, hope he survives.
Mar 21, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
was honestly quite surprised over the swedish background music. didn't believe it was swedish at first, hah.

okay episode!
Mar 21, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2007
That was actually a good episode, I enjoyed the conflict with Yuiga Robo. Plus all that sweet background music and Sugita being such a cool dude~

More Nanami x Akito next episode yes
Mar 22, 2016 11:03 PM

Nov 2015
Crez said:
Now that it makes a return since ep 1 I'll ask again: Does anyone know the name of the song and singer of the song that plays as the place blows up at the end???? The Swedish one.

We were speculating in episode one as well but no one knew who she was, I'd really like to know!

Song name is Freddie Hansson - Ensamhetens spår but its not by the original artist, this is probably a radio edit cover from Linnea Henriksson..
Mar 24, 2016 7:32 AM

Nov 2015
A lot of action this episode, and Natsuhiko changed the future of Mikoto.

Mar 24, 2016 2:13 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Even though I still don't like these characters and I just call them by their hair color, this episode was alright. Seems like this are rising up.

3/5
Mar 25, 2016 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
So Kakeru can use that ear cuff to locate his father? How ... I guess his power is stronger than he initially showed us. Shiro was completely obsessed with his late wife huh ... well, obviously Kakeru and Koharu manage to convince him otherwise, yada yada. I would've liked to see a dark AU where he brainwashes Kakeru ... now THAT'D be interesting :P The music when Kakeru made all those thick vines grow was pretty nice though. Just saying, they totally could have saved him if Kakeru held his father and Koharu jumped on her own to the ship ... oh well, guess they didn't really care about him that much anyway. Looks like in the preview they're going with the Reset after all ... and I wonder if Aion will become more important? :O
Mar 31, 2016 8:56 AM

Feb 2014
Finally, more action.
Poor Dad tho. He seemed kinda obsessed at this point tho. Eh.
Apr 7, 2016 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
Most surprising thing was definetely that swedish song lol.
Sep 23, 2016 8:59 PM

Mar 2015
Seems like finale but there is still Reset.

Another life lesson from anime!

Natsuhiko is...well...okay.

ED Song: 3/5

3.6/5

More topics from this board

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

163 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Best Couple

Uchiha_Risma - Jul 14, 2021

0 by Uchiha_Risma »»
Jul 14, 2021 9:39 PM

» So Romance, what about the romance here?

samsann - Dec 24, 2018

1 by Sakurashoujo »»
Dec 27, 2018 4:32 PM

» Norn9: Norn + Nonet

iMaUtIsTiC - Jan 28, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Jan 28, 2018 2:16 AM

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

69 by aboghost_ghosst »»
Dec 2, 2017 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.