Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Oct 11, 2016 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
Likable series. Casual comedy. Honestly I'm surprised that given the absolute lack of plot progression how I stayed through 10 episodes, but in the end it was enjoyable enough. Hopefully 2nd season will be a little more interesting though.
Oct 16, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
And so one of the few shows where they decided to stay not serious until the end ended. That was really refreshing to watch and I was laughing through almost the whole series. One of the best comedies out there I dare to say and the best show from Deen by far. 10/10 :3
Oct 25, 2016 4:02 AM

Jul 2013
The only bad thing about this show is the length! Why only 10 episodes? I know there's still the ova and the second season (fuck yes!) but this is just too good to be only 10 episodes!

I don't know how or why but there's this show just relaxes me. It's very light-hearted, comey-filled and has a good bit of action and fanservice, it's just really awesome. After a long of of work in my university and I come home tired and I watch an episode or two I know I'm gonna have a good night sleep. And that ED? it's like it heals you. So relaxing listening to that.

Oct 26, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
At least they didn't destroy their own house after teleporting away Destroyer's core. :P

I liked how dramatic yet silly this episode was.

I'm glad a second season got confirmed. This show is way better than I expected. So funny! The characters are pretty good, too! Every girl is likeable in her own way.

Solid 8/10

Time for the OVA! Can't wait for S2!
Nov 6, 2016 2:32 AM

Oct 2016
A short adventure harem anime heh, high stakes on season 2.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 5, 2016 9:03 AM

Dec 2016
The show was fine, I guess. But too short, and I have a feeling a lot of important part was cutted out -.-"
Dec 8, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2016
I really, really enjoyed the last episode! So much explosion magic with Megumin and Darkness's real name was very interesting to note that she was from a rich family and all. The animation was top-notch and the comedy delivered very well. I love how Kazuma uses that line "Hi, I'm Kazuma" which is pure gold. :) To this day, I love the OP very much as it's very upbeat as they go out and have their crazy adventures together as a party. Megumin is still my best girl overall in the series!

This was one of the best fantasy, comedic series I've seen for quite some time and the fanservice was just as good too. The characters were very funny and their antics made me laugh so much. It was a very enjoyable series and going along with their adventures was really something else. I couldn't believe they were going to do a second season and that made me so happy for it. I now have something to look forward to next year!
Dec 19, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Surprisingly enjoyable, despite being fairly generic.
Jan 1, 2017 1:01 AM
Oct 2007
Wow the spells animation in this episode is way way off the chart. Seriously cool, epic and beautiful!! The amount of efforts put in were obvious.

As someone who can't really enjoy comedy usually in an anime and I do watched a lot, this show was pretty decent to say. 7/10 overall and 5/5 this episode definitely! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2017 5:15 AM

Dec 2014
I wouldn't say it was an amazing series but it had some upside to it. I didn't get the feel that they were in a mmorpg so that was disappointing for me. The jokes were pretty decent and made me laugh every now and then.

I'll watch the second season because of the jokes and a few characters like Darkness and the MC. I prefer more MC like this is anime tbh; Isn't scared to call out faults, although he never did much either except complain and analyze a situation, to which again he did hardly anything about.

7/10!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jan 2, 2017 4:15 PM
Jul 2016
I loved the show! My favorite character is Megumin <3, her explosions are OP <3

I'd rate this season a solid 9.5/10; It was funny as no anime is, it was very nicely animated and the lore was very good. Didn't even mention the op, it was very nice, i didn't like music in the ed though..
Jan 3, 2017 8:26 PM

Jan 2016
That was a pretty good final episode. Overall the show is great. Loved the characters (Especially Megumin).

Looking forward to watching S2 when it starts airing very soon. I believe it starts airing next week.

Jan 9, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2016
The dry sense of humor in this anime really made it worth watching. definitely on the funnier side of anime for 2016. 8/10
Jan 12, 2017 4:47 AM

Dec 2010
A pretty nice finale, I'm lookin forward to Season 2.
Jan 12, 2017 10:32 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, honestly can't choose between Aqua & Megumin for Best Girl.

7/10
Jan 16, 2017 2:16 AM

Feb 2014
Okay, I concede. Now that I have re-watched the season, while it wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, the show was consistently entertaining and had a lot of heart. But what really made the show (at least for me) was the voice acting for the three main girls, especially Aqua. Going to raise the score to 8.
Jan 16, 2017 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Don't really know how to feel about this.
Positives
-Megumin
-Was somewhat funny
- Megumin again

Negatives
Comedy faded away later
Art was pretty bad. Novel art looks amazing though
Aqua is pretty annoying

Overall 6/10. It was fine. I'll watch season 2 though
Jan 20, 2017 6:06 PM
Jan 2016
Konosuba is genuinely hilarious - Digibro 2016
I think that this was one of the most funniest animes that i have seen in years!!!
8.5/10

Jan 27, 2017 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
An Amazing Final Episode To Finish The Season.....
Season 2 Here I Come!!!!!
Feb 11, 2017 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
I expected Darkness to try to hit the Destroyer and, naturally, miss.

I also expected that second explosion to blow up part of the town, too.

And why didn't they have Aqua cool down the reactor? Especially as if most the water turns to steam it won't even flood the city.

Anyways, this show is hllarity impersonated. It's really fresh, especially for a comedy anime, the animation and voice work together very nicely (Darkness' gasp when she was outside the city, asking Kazuma if he really thinks she is a slave to her desires? How do you even make that noise on command?)..

It is also a solid fantasy/adventure anime on it's own. I mean, they did several quests, defended the city, took out two bosses. They are making progress *in* the world, they actually acquire more skills (well, Kazuma does. Megumin does not of course, Aqua spends all on party tricks and probably knows the useful ones anyways, being a goddess, and Darkness doesn't use any so far. I'd think she would manage to miss even with "target self" anyways.).

They also avoided most if not all tropes anime often suffer. Not having a school setting already helps here, but still: It doesn't have a whiny and/or useless MC, yet he isn't OP. He also doesn't get ridiculed, and we don't have either a harem or a MC "who doesn't get the hint". Also, the girls don't scream "hentai" every time the OP so much as looks in their general direction.

The music is also nice. The ED is so relaxing..
Mar 15, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
9/10 but was close to giving it a 10. Pretty much liked all of the main cast and every single episode was incredibly entertaining. The series as a whole felt really fresh to me somehow.
So happy there's a 2nd season!!
Mar 29, 2017 9:16 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This was such an enjoyable series, no a fantastic series. Ever have a bad day and feel stressed, watch KonoSuba and just forget about your troubles.

That double Explosion between Wiz and Megumin, GOLD. :)
Liked that spell Aqua used with her flower rod, pretty cool. Funny how Darkness just stands there as the Destroyer starts falling apart.

That final Explosion by Megumin was so good. Overall my favorite girl in the show. Looking forward to season 2.
10/10

Apr 2, 2017 3:36 PM

Feb 2015
Bit of a strange ending, but I suppose it makes sense, seeing how they confirmed a season 2 right away. Overall, it was pretty enjoyable. Megumin is definitely best girl.
May 5, 2017 6:56 PM

May 2015
I love how literally the only reason anyone is busting their a$$ is for some dumb & selfish reason. Darkness is a masochist and wants to experience pain via the fortress explosion, all the guys wanted to save the town just for the succubi (っ˘ڡ˘ς), Megumin wants to be better than Wiz at Explosion Magic and Kazuma wants to keep the house he got for free. There’s literally no nobility(?) in this anime just everyone trying to accomplish something for their own gain (everyone is an @sshole trying to help themselves)... Taking in consideration that is on purpose to make the comedy shine this is simply a hilarious show.

Jun 5, 2017 12:37 PM
May 2012
Vhailor said:
Okay, I concede. Now that I have re-watched the season, while it wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, the show was consistently entertaining and had a lot of heart. But what really made the show (at least for me) was the voice acting for the three main girls, especially Aqua. Going to raise the score to 8.

exactly
was a pretty fun anime to watch
Jul 25, 2017 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
We get 3 beautifully animated explosions all in one episode :O The dual cast was great.

All the characters were so fun to watch, especially Megumin and Kazuma 😊
Really looking forward to their adventures in S2!
Aug 24, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2017
Thank god there is a second season huh^^

I really like the art style of this show! The scenes where they prepare for a Magical Attack reminds me of Youjo Senki, therefore I FKIN LOVE IT!

And of course...

Oct 2, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, Konosuba definately exceded my expectations. It was so hilarious, the jokes were great, the music was good, the characters are well made, it was just so good! 9 out of 10!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 5, 2017 7:32 AM
Mar 2015
it had some episodes with awful animation, however visuals are not as important as how much fun it is to watch so I give it a 10
Jan 15, 2018 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
This episode is just purely incredible, the ACTION just starts from the beginning until the end of the whole episode!!! Darkness' braveness (and fetish), Aqua's insanely powerful sacred break spell and Megumin's devastatingly hellish EXPLOSION that is basically a nuke are just... Thrilling af boi...

I would be really excited for the second season, but I am 1-year late to be excited. I can't feel the hype for an upcoming season... But I can still watch it!

Konosuba's first season is definitely an AMAZING show! However, more people said that the second season is where Konosuba start making itself famous! So, let's go!
Feb 14, 2018 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
They prevented the spider thing from exploding by making the spider thing explode.

Yeah that about sums it up.

4/10
Feb 16, 2018 12:28 PM

Apr 2015
I'm sure Kazuma was really wishing he'd gone with Eris a few episodes ago at the end. Looks like his misfortune will continue into next season.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 27, 2018 11:55 PM

May 2016
Awesome show 8/10 deserved.
Mar 19, 2018 2:57 PM

Jan 2015
Nice anime, I really enjoyed it. I rate the first season a 7/10. Now I'm looking forward to watch the second season. As for the episode, Darkness finally shine.
Apr 14, 2018 9:53 PM

Feb 2017
A 10-episode season that can't follow an established tone, contains two filler episodes, and on top of that a rushed ending. That's an impressive amount of pacing issues for such a short show. I liked some of the jokes, mostly how the supporting characters bounced off Kazuma's personality, but the rest of the content felt off.
Apr 19, 2018 11:58 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Saw it yesterday, aside me not thinking such a show deserves this hype, since there are far better comedies outhere IMO, I would say it does indeed boost a good cast.
Between the main ones, if I had to choose I would go with Aqua > Darkness > Megumi (with this one tied with Darkness at times), all of them are very funny girls but while Aqua can be looking everything but charming at some scenes, she still has those allures and overall I like her character.

Wiz also grown on me considered she was just introduced on ep9 I believe, such a cute Linch.
Seems the anime skipped some content and she was actually introduced earlier on, so I will look forward to read it on the LN before I give S2 a try.

8.3/10 = 8
Needs more alligators!!
Nov 28, 2018 7:53 PM

May 2013
6/10

Gags overused, strongly disliked Aqua, characters didn't really develop much :/

The diary was funny though. And some characters were likable, like Kazuma himself, Darkness, Dullahan, the other kouhai goddess... :X
Dec 30, 2018 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Got better as it went along. Started at 5.5, then 6.5, and now 7 with these last two episodes. Pleasant surpise.
Feb 15, 2019 1:22 AM
Oct 2016
the most beautiful thing in this episode i think when megumin and wiz chanting spell together, the sound of the spell chanting freak me out. haha
Feb 18, 2019 9:43 AM
Jan 2019
What can I say? It is a very funny anime, which goes beyond the parameters of the isekai genre, which is good, since it is different from everything else. That made me laugh a lot. LOL. PS: I can say it's the first anime of 10 chapters I've seen xd.
Feb 19, 2019 9:46 PM

Apr 2014
-The teamwork by the group and the town as a whole was fun to see.
-Darkness's true identity O_o
-Naturally the teleportation destination was somewhere unfavorable, but it was either that or them.
-Meh episode overall, and not really much in the way of an ending or any sort of conclusion to cap an arc of episodes.

The show was an enjoyable watch overall. While the first half was great, the second half started feeling rather stale as the novelty of the situation wore off, the setting becoming familiar, and the character dynamics were done being established. The antics also became somewhat overused and repetitive at times. That being said, it was amusing to see how this show intentionally made what would normally be one-off situations of comedy or absurdity into quite consequential events, from panty-stealing causing the town's loss of their #1 warrior which changed the dynamic of confrontations with enemies, to target practice at a random isolated castle leading to the group's fame, to a spectacular AOE attack that damaged the surrounding area actually leading to the protagonists having to repay for heavy damages which resulted in the continuation of their questing and of that dysfunctional yet cohesive team of theirs.

Aside from Megumin, I don't really care much for the characters independently. Kazuma is rather mean at times and too self-centered with little individual ability to back it up on his own, and Aqua can be pretty annoying during some scenes and also self-centered. Darkness is alright. However, when they're all interacting with each other they make for a hilarious and entertaining cast that react and bounce off of one another splendidly. They compensate for the insufferable elements of one another, and this extends even to how all of their successes and victories in battle were truly team efforts.

1st Half: 8/10
2nd half: 6/10

Overall rating: 7/10

Apr 25, 2019 8:46 PM

Jul 2009
Damn, I'm surprised I was able to finish this in one week. That's just goes to show you how good this show is :)

Double Explosion!!! Megumi and Wiz!!! For once Aqua was useful.

Damn, Darkness name is Lalatina :)

Now Kazuma has to pay for his crimes for sending the bomb for some King's mansion.

Gonna watch OVA then S2 for sure!

I give it 8.5-9/10!
Jun 2, 2019 5:08 PM

Nov 2010
It's entertaining to watch, however only the so called "dream sequence" with Darkness made me LOL real hard. I had a few laughs here and there though.

The main characters are very likable that's why I'll still give this show an 8/10. I was kinda hoping there'd be some kind of romantic development, but I guess that ain't gonna happen in this show.
Aug 16, 2019 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Am i the only one who thinks this anime and this episode particularly looks like a parody of Fairy Tail?
Sep 22, 2019 5:06 AM

May 2016
Watching Kazuma and the ladies work together to stop the Destroyer was an absolute thrill to watch. Despite not having magical powers, Lalatina's bravery and twisted masochism definitely roused up everyone else to fight for the sake of those sexy, sexy succubi. With all those immensely powerful spells and giant explosions, this show really knew how to end this first season with a bang!

It was pretty unfortunate that Aqua's luck had rubbed onto Kazuma because his first glimpse at the outside world would be on a carriage straight to prison. I wonder how he'll get out of that situation in the next season~

Dec 4, 2019 2:17 AM

Aug 2018
This was a very Great anime and it was the most hilarious thing I ever saw just wonderful
And this is isekai done right 9.5/10
Dec 28, 2019 4:21 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah idk. Guess this series wasn't for me. There's moments that definitely had me laughing and I was glad to watch a series parody the isekai genre. But I felt as though the show went absolutely nowhere, a lot of the comedy got stale as episodes progressed (even though episodes 9+10 were imo the funniest) and the characters weren't really that interesting.

Still, season 2 is rated higher so I might give it a shot. I'm feeling a 5-6/10.

Also, Aqua is the worst. Megumin gang
Dec 28, 2019 2:07 PM

Oct 2019
Less plot, more jokes. It worked, somehow. Got a little tired of it towards the end, but it was definitely a funny first season! 8/10 Very solid start.
Mar 3, 2020 9:33 PM

Dec 2019
Okay that was some epic fighting going on vs the destroyer, that ending tho LMAO xD
                                                         🖤   

Mar 20, 2020 8:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty epic finale with the exhilarating action and more of that glorious comedy!

I just freakin' love this show xD. Kazuma and Wiz's little moment there plus the Adventurer's deep ties to this town (those succubus, lmfao) was mad hilarious. this is just fantastic stuff! Wiz really is OP, gee.

But of course there wasn't going to be a happy ending at the end of it. Looks like Kazuma's luck might've just backfired a bit but I reckon he should be at least a little thankful that it didn't like blow up an entire town or two xD. As long as the owner is safe (and condolences to him of course), this is just about safe...

It's been a really fun ride binging this once again! All the girls are great in their own ways; Megumin the "crazy", Lalatina the "pervert" and Aqua the "useless goddess", and Kazuma, a true gender equality advocate lol. Animation drops ought to be the last worry for this show, like really.

With that said though, there's no denying that a few of the gags felt a little repetitive at times. Episode 9 took an interesting turn, I must say, but it was a treat nonetheless.

Going to stick with my initial 8.60/10 rating, and I'll make sure to finish Season 2 (and the OVAs, of course) by the 25th to watch the Kurenai Densetsu Movie! Oh, I'm looking forward to the next installments!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
Apr 18, 10:05 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2016

225 by 0451 »»
Apr 3, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2016

196 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 1, 12:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.