Forum Settings
Forums

I can't believe Studio Deen is saving anime right now

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 15, 2016 3:26 PM

Aug 2014
But yeah it's not down to deen as a studio, that rakugo is great. That said, people place too much value and the studio when it's actually the people that work on a project that matter, like the example of one punch we had last year.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 15, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2015
Mamster-P said:
Pyro said:

I'm not surprised to hear that from a Musaigen fanboy.

lol thanks for the bait

whining on the internet about how "anime needs to be saved" cause you're picky as hell, is not going to change anything

No problem ;)
That's very true, but you should at least be able to realize how the quality of most newer series is very lacking.
Mar 15, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2014
CrappyGod-sama said:
black1blade said:

Well the show isn't good because of the animation although the character designs and colour design are both very good. The voice acting is amazing, the story is good and the characters are great. The amount of genuinely interesting character drama in rakugo is far more than most anime. While people may keep heralding anime as a visual medium, it is also an auditory medium in which the voice acting is very important. The voice actor who plays kuhikou is the same in the present and in the past and all the actors manipulate their voice in the rakugo sections, making the performances come alive (when the rakugo shows are meant to be good...)
I'm not saying the show is bad, I'm saying the animation is. And everything you deem praiseworthy is in the hands of the author (character designs, characters, story and drama) and the voice acting is something to be credited to voice acting.

But a guy working at deen would have oversaw the voice acting. Also I don't know if there not being much animation makes the animation bad. Like I guess it does in principle but just because anime has lower framerate than western cartoons, does that mean the animation is worse. The actual animation in rakugo isn't bad, it's just there isn't much. The background art is also pretty nice.

Mar 15, 2016 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
black1blade said:
CrappyGod-sama said:
I'm not saying the show is bad, I'm saying the animation is. And everything you deem praiseworthy is in the hands of the author (character designs, characters, story and drama) and the voice acting is something to be credited to voice acting.

But a guy working at deen would have oversaw the voice acting. Also I don't know if there not being much animation makes the animation bad. Like I guess it does in principle but just because anime has lower framerate than western cartoons, does that mean the animation is worse. The actual animation in rakugo isn't bad, it's just there isn't much. The background art is also pretty nice.
Yeah, I do agree that the background art is nice.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 15, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2014
CrappyGod-sama said:
ouriel said:

As if the other companies aren't adapting manga, visual novels and light novels. Why is it that Madhouse is praised then(they also have adapted an award winning manga)?
I don't like praising companies, but don't act as if Deen's the only company which adapts mangas/VNs/LNs, and going by that logic, all the credit for Monster should go to the writer, the same for Ghost in the Shell perhaps? Let's disregard Oshii and Kamiyama for that matter as well?
You're taking what I said out of context.

I never praise studios, either. I'm just saying give credit where credit is due. Acting like Deen is the saviour of anime when they have just adapted successful works is bullshit, and you know it. They haven't done anything with the source material to deserve the praise. Look at Trust and Betrayal and you'll see a time when Deen managed to make an anime that exceeded its source material. And Deen has done more of a steady job at butchering source materials than any other studio I can think of. I'm not even a Fate fan - my concerns are with Higurashi and Umineko, mostly.

And please. Don't compare the manga of Ghost in the Shell to the movie. They're different for the right reasons. It's not like I'm some retarded sourcefag purist who thinks that an anime can't surpass its source materials.

Well, you're right about giving credit where it's due, but how many have given credit to said companies that adapts the source material instead to the writers themselves?
It's not an issues that rose yesterday, it's been like this for awhile and this is why I quoted you, because the previous season was the same with One Punch Man and the season before that and so forth.
Mar 15, 2016 3:33 PM

Aug 2014
One Punch Man would have been pretty meh without the sakuga.

Mar 15, 2016 3:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pyro said:

That's very true, but you should at least be able to realize how the quality of most newer series is very lacking.

yet another subjective "the past was better" statement. i don't have any harder of a time enjoying anime of today than i did 15 years ago
theres plenty of anime out there, theres usually one for everyone, and i'll enjoy almost anything

and besides if there were lots of "high quality" (whatever the fuck that means) anime coming out each season, it'd just be an all out war between the fans and the sales, as all the generic shows sit back and do just as well as they always have cause ppl will always watch them
and there is no battle to be had

if you're picky with your anime, well im sorry, but im not... and many of us are not lol
Mar 15, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2012
ouriel said:
CrappyGod-sama said:
You're taking what I said out of context.

I never praise studios, either. I'm just saying give credit where credit is due. Acting like Deen is the saviour of anime when they have just adapted successful works is bullshit, and you know it. They haven't done anything with the source material to deserve the praise. Look at Trust and Betrayal and you'll see a time when Deen managed to make an anime that exceeded its source material. And Deen has done more of a steady job at butchering source materials than any other studio I can think of. I'm not even a Fate fan - my concerns are with Higurashi and Umineko, mostly.

And please. Don't compare the manga of Ghost in the Shell to the movie. They're different for the right reasons. It's not like I'm some retarded sourcefag purist who thinks that an anime can't surpass its source materials.

Well, you're right about giving credit where it's due, but how many have given credit to said companies that adapts the source material instead to the writers themselves?
It's not an issues that rose yesterday, it's been like this for awhile and this is why I quoted you, because the previous season was the same with One Punch Man and the season before that and so forth.
I can't speak for other people or their ignorance of people behind the work.

I think the reason that people give credit to Madhouse for One Punch Man is because of the fact that it had so much detail in the fighting choreography. I have not read the manga, so I don't know if those fight scenes were as detailed in it as they were in the anime, but I think those things can be worth some praise.

I also think people like to praise Madhouse because of how everything they produce looks really crisp and beautiful (look at Chihayafuru) and manage to stick some nice background music to most scenes.

Either way, I think that studio bandwagoning is pretty lame, since most of the anime nowadays are hardly original series.

When I go to anichart to look at what's coming out in the next season, I tend to put more focus on adaptations of which source materials I know, and especially who is directing said work. I like to put my faith into the director and scriptwriter, rather than the studio.

Mar 15, 2016 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
Deen is a shitty gay studio that can't save anything with his pathetic art/animation
Konosuba is garbage

Makes sense to a degree. I mean Deen is making 4 shows apparently, there's a reason for this specific season to have a low quality for example Reikezen and KonoSuba. Shouwa looks great in production value personally.

And also, elaborate why KonoSuba is garbage.
Mar 15, 2016 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
tragedydesu said:
Deen is a shitty gay studio that can't save anything with his pathetic art/animation
Konosuba is garbage

Makes sense to a degree. I mean Deen is making 4 shows apparently, there's a reason for this specific season to have a low quality for example Reikezen and KonoSuba. Shouwa looks great in production value personally.

the comedy is not funny
the animation is terrible
the plot is uninteresting ( oh shit im waiting a interesting plot from a parody , fuck my life)
Mar 15, 2016 3:54 PM

Sep 2013
ouriel said:

The writers can go and make the anime themselves then.
And if the staff is so important why don't they go and make a studio? oh wait.
This whole "studio shouldn't get the most credit" is a cancer sjw movement.
ichii_1Mar 15, 2016 3:58 PM
Mar 15, 2016 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
i got say never expected quality shows like showa genroku from them but i am gladly surprises by it
but saying they are saving anime is bullshit
Mar 15, 2016 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
ouriel said:

So Is your faaaaaaaaaaccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Mar 15, 2016 4:44 PM

Sep 2013
Tylaen said:
ichii_1 said:

Go back to reddit and tumblr please.
Mar 15, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
Deen has always been a good studio.

Most of the time they get screwed by prod committee with cheap budget & nonsense schedule.

I'm glad to see they're finally getting some well deserved recognition.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Mar 15, 2016 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
Tylaen said:

Go back to reddit and tumblr please.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your attention.
Mar 15, 2016 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

the comedy is not funny
the animation is terrible
the plot is uninteresting ( oh shit im waiting a interesting plot from a parody , fuck my life)

>Comedy is not funny

That's subjective, not objective, but that's understandable.

>The animation is terrible

I disagree with the statements except for the 9th episode. I can agree the 9th episode was a complete downgrade of animation, however the animation for the show helps with the comedy at the very least.

>The plot is uninteresting

Of course, what can you expect an actual in depth story with a parody anime? (except for Gintama or some few others) It's a comedy focus for the most part.
Mar 15, 2016 5:42 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
DEEN right now

DEEN's aight. Plebs only watch FSN and hate on them.
Mar 15, 2016 5:47 PM

Nov 2014
ichii_1 said:
ouriel said:

Well, Miyazaki and Takahata are one of them, both are directors and both are writers who founded Studio Ghibli.
Osamu Dezaki, Hayashi Shigeyuki and Yoshiaki Kawajiri are some of the founders of Madhouse, so yeah, there're writers who are creating studios/companies.

And I don't think me and CrappyGod-sama were arguing that studios or companies shouldn't get credit, but we were arguing for the little recognition the original writers get. And, these things are so intertwined that it's hard to separate one from another, from a business perspective, as both are placing themselves in a win-win situation.
However, what I didn't say in the previous posts, is that for most of the time the director is mostly responsible for the adaptation and how involved is the writer him/herself; then there's the company itself and the approval or disapproval of decisions made by the director, the budget the director will get, overseeing of the project, advertisement and plethora of other issues that rise; then, there's the work that's being adapted, is it any good or any bad story-wise. But, I don't think they should receive a lot or any praise at all, because, they're there to make a profit from the product that they financed.
ourielMar 15, 2016 6:07 PM
Mar 15, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
I can't really say my opinion towards Studio Deen is all that positive, but they created some fantastic anime in the past. Some of their adaptations have been brilliant, particularly Rorouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, one of the most acclaimed anime out there.

And to throw in a few more:

Urusei Yatsura

Maison Ikkoku

Full Moon wo Sagashite

R.O.D. the OVA

Simoun (a bit more polarizing)

Angel's Egg

Deen's had some great anime. You just have to kind of dig in there.
toyall123Mar 15, 2016 6:20 PM
Mar 15, 2016 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
Well, DEEN's s done some shows with rather pretty animation in the past, but a lot of the stuff they put out can be choppy/bad from an animation standpoint, even as they have gems among the rubble.

For some it's understandable if the source material's art isn't all that stunning to begin with (Junjou, Junjou, Junjou. And whatever the sequel's name is by the same artist... the goddamn art bothers me so much), but for others, it's like... why.

DEEN is still one of the meh studios out there as far as animation quality goes, I give them props for the good work, they've done, but all the same, can't help condemn them for their stuff that's obviously shit. They have some decent adaptions under their belt, with okay animation, but also have really awful ones as well. It all kind of balances out to give me an overall meh opinion of them. The only studio from an artistic standpoint that I have few complaints against is Kyoani, but they likely receive better funding than DEEN and most other studios out there.
removed-userMar 15, 2016 6:21 PM
Mar 15, 2016 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
They have adapted and put out some good things, but they have butchered several things as well. Some have stated about Higurash (I didn't personally mind this one, but they left out a lot of important information) and Umineko (what Umineko anime? ;) ). Also Studio DEEN left a sour taste in my mouth after Log Horizon Season 2 with the animation style and then there was the weird pacing. I do agree that I have enjoyed KonoSuba though, it has been a fun ride.
Mar 15, 2016 7:31 PM

Sep 2013
ouriel said:

Well, Miyazaki and Takahata are one of them, both are directors and both are writers who founded Studio Ghibli.
Osamu Dezaki, Hayashi Shigeyuki and Yoshiaki Kawajiri are some of the founders of Madhouse, so yeah, there're writers who are creating studios/companies.

But do they and the studio deserve any credit when it's created by more people and freelancers?
Take one punch man for example, everyone is saying madhouse should not even be credited cause of the freelancers and the director they hired to make it, thoughts on that?
Mar 15, 2016 8:04 PM

Nov 2014
ichii_1 said:
ouriel said:

But do they and the studio deserve any credit when it's created by more people and freelancers?
Take one punch man for example, everyone is saying madhouse should not even be credited cause of the freelancers and the director they hired to make it, thoughts on that?

Well, from my point of view on companies, as they're the one that are financing the people who're making it, the people responsible should receive credit, i.e. the people that worked on the project, the director mainly as he's the one in charge of how things will go and with giving him credit, we're giving credit to the people that worked under him, while the investors serve as a proxy to sell the product and get the return of investment.
That's why I said it's intertwined or too complex, because it's not one person that does all the things, without the writer you won't have the story/adaptation, without the director and the people below him you won't have the show/movie and without the investors you won't have the previous two, and, without us as consumers we won't have any of that, so here's where everything becomes a two way street.

I don't like to praise companies because they can get abusive and have been in the past, from small companies to big corporations, i.e., Sony, Nintendo, Google, Microsoft, Apple, EA, Blizzard Activision, car manufacturers, phone manufacturers, travel agencies, it's just to complex to list everything and how they know to overprice, place infringing EULA(End User Licence Agreement, ToC, copyright strikes and other infringing agreements and many other little things that go against the consumer.

Once again, credit should go to the people directly responsible for the making of said show or movie, director, writer, scriptwriter, director of animation and etc.
ourielMar 15, 2016 8:08 PM
Mar 15, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Nothing really stands out once again this season, so they've saved nothing. The last time anime was saved is with Kill la Kill. No other series has created similar buzz since.
Good lord, I would hate to be as picky as you are.
Mar 15, 2016 10:21 PM

Jan 2014
Major123 said:
RedRoseFring said:
Nothing really stands out once again this season, so they've saved nothing. The last time anime was saved is with Kill la Kill. No other series has created similar buzz since.

Such is the fate of the selective. I did try out ERASED which has been the biggest name so far, and was accordingly disappointed.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 16, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Major123 said:

Such is the fate of the selective. I did try out ERASED which has been the biggest name so far, and was accordingly disappointed.
When I look at your favs, I thought you would be up for anything lol.
Mar 16, 2016 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
I don't like KonoSuba but DEEN DID create my most beloved anime ever, Full Moon Wo Sagashite, so I will always defend them.

Also watch Sankarea holy shit; QUALITY on every level!!
ChiibiMar 16, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 16, 2016 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Can we stop throwing the sentence "Saving anime" like it is nothing? ... Anyway every studio as its ups and downs, Deen is no exception.
Mar 16, 2016 10:24 AM
Mar 2016
Deen can go fuck themselves for making the Ueki anime shit.

Otherwise, I actually never pay attention tot he studios, cause idgaf
Mar 16, 2016 11:12 AM
Mar 2016
RayAdha said:
Saving anime from what ??????????????
the sweaty, grubby weeb hands of its fans
Mar 16, 2016 11:16 AM

Dec 2015
Second season of KonoSuba will continue DEENs success....lol
Thats what u wanted to hear, right op? :p
Mar 16, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2015
Tbh I don't get the whole "Deen saving anime" thing.

Someone pl0x explain thanks in advance.
Mar 16, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2009
Deen saving anime is a lie
Anno-senpai and Miyazaki-sama told me that only season 2 of OPM can save anime

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 16, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
Besides of that Horseshit F/SN 2006 adaptation Deen is not that bad of a studio.
KonoSuba
Shouwa
Fruits Basket = My favorite Deen anime so far.
Vampire Knight = My guilty pleasure ^_^
TakaCodeMar 16, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 16, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2013
Meh, fucking Slowpokes, DEEN already saved the anime with that 11/10 masterpiece known as Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works movie.
Mar 16, 2016 12:29 PM

Jun 2012
I just got a call from the ghost of Satoshi Kon. He told me that Deen is shit. I don't speak Japanese but I'm sure that's what he was telling me. Onegaishimaaaaaasuuuu

Mar 16, 2016 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
Major123 said:
RedRoseFring said:

Nah man, just great stories and characters. I've had enough of awful duds like Clannad & co. I'm not forcing myself to watch such series.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 16, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know about saving all of anime but I liked the original Fate from the start, it wasn't that bad.

And now they're making a home-run with Konosuba S2, they're just fine in my book. Keep it up.
Mar 16, 2016 2:06 PM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
Meh, fucking Slowpokes, DEEN already saved the anime with that 11/10 masterpiece known as Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works movie.

Based DEEN will never stop finding ways .

Asides from how it was rushed I'd give DEEN UBW 8/10 for animation alone .
Mar 16, 2016 5:32 PM

Apr 2014
True_Ancestor said:
Illyricus said:

ehmm the second gif is from Soul Eater Not! made by Bones.
Mar 16, 2016 5:38 PM

Mar 2013
Where was Deen Supporter up until now. All the sudden Konosuba does well, Deen got love.
Mar 16, 2016 5:38 PM
Feb 2015
I most certainly agree with you OP .. Oh Hail Studo Deen its surprisingly making more and more Yaoi every year which makes me super happy. Lets hope if Super Lovers is successful which of course it will, another Yaoi manga is adapted into an anime by them ^^

Oh and I've always been a Deen Supporter manly because there one of the few Studios who adapt a lot of Yaoi Manga. I could care less if there becoming more popular due to Konosuba's success, even though I like the anime.
NoNameNoName000Mar 16, 2016 5:43 PM
Mar 16, 2016 5:46 PM

Feb 2015
Man you must really hate Deen to write this XD I gotta admit their animes were never my favorite but i wouldnt consider them unwatchable... i enjoyed quite a few... well im a Hetalia sucker so yeah XD but i thought Vampire Knight, When They Cry, Is This a Zombie, Sankarea, Hakouoki to be pretty good... though i kinda dislike them since im a huge Yaoi hater... they make so much of it! and a lot more like most of their animes are Harem/reverse Harem and you know, they kinda old.... but i did like the ones they released like you said... hopefully itll get better
Mar 16, 2016 5:48 PM

Mar 2015
RedTie said:
I don't know about saving all of anime but I liked the original Fate from the start, it wasn't that bad.
I love FSN 2006, and it is one of my fav. The fanboy dislike FSN 2006 cause it was not "identical" with the VN. Thats all..
This salad is salty favored
Mar 16, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Major123 said:

Nah man, just great stories and characters. I've had enough of awful duds like Clannad & co. I'm not forcing myself to watch such series.
duds like Clannad...bruh..........
Mar 16, 2016 6:28 PM

Jul 2015
Totally agree.

I know this fat jew named Deen, and I never really liked him at all, and that's mostly why I hate Studio Deen
Mar 16, 2016 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
True_Ancestor said:

ehmm the second gif is from Soul Eater Not! made by Bones.

It seems like everything regarding bad animation is always connected to DEEN.
Mar 16, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
No one is saving anime, and no one ever has.
Mar 16, 2016 6:56 PM

Nov 2015
Deen is not as bad as people make it out ot be, it's just "cool" to hate on them and F/SN is also not that terrible, people just shit on it because its also cool to suck Ufotable's dick.
Also, anime doesnt need saving LOL, but on a smaller scale, i hope slices of life learn a thing or two from Rakugo
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 17 minutes ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

174 by Acctra »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

46 by LoveLikeBlood »»
5 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

35 by LoveLikeBlood »»
7 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Yesterday

38 by LoveLikeBlood »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.