15th Anniversary
Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 14, 2016 1:43 PM
Dammit my head hurts.Even after reading https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1npxuu/eli5_neon_genesis_evangelion_original_series_from/ , https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1c0tux/just_finished_the_original_tv_series_can_someone/ , https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1eibtq/update_so_i_just_watched_eoe_and_i_am_even_more/ca0jaml i have questions:-

1)What exactly does the end of EOE mean,i mean i know shinji rejected instrumentality but did asuka also reject it and thus both are returned to individual forms?wasn't she killed by mass produced Evas?

2)Does the last scene really happen?

3)What happened to all the other humans?

4)What happened to Rei?.I mean i know she was Yui clone and had Lilith's soul but wasn't she human and had her own personality?

5)Do episodes 25 and 26 and EoE take place concurrently? ie one in Shinji's head?

6)Is Gendo killed by Eva-01 and not allowed to reach instrumentality?

7)Technically didn't SEELE win?

8)And finally are the Rebuilds worth watching after the original?

Thanks for your replies!.

Apr 10, 2016 11:23 AM

dragonballz4 said:
Dammit my head hurts.Even after reading https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1npxuu/eli5_neon_genesis_evangelion_original_series_from/ , https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1c0tux/just_finished_the_original_tv_series_can_someone/ , https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1eibtq/update_so_i_just_watched_eoe_and_i_am_even_more/ca0jaml i have questions:-

1)What exactly does the end of EOE mean,i mean i know shinji rejected instrumentality but did asuka also reject it and thus both are returned to individual forms?wasn't she killed by mass produced Evas?

2)Does the last scene really happen?

3)What happened to all the other humans?

4)What happened to Rei?.I mean i know she was Yui clone and had Lilith's soul but wasn't she human and had her own personality?

5)Do episodes 25 and 26 and EoE take place concurrently? ie one in Shinji's head?

6)Is Gendo killed by Eva-01 and not allowed to reach instrumentality?

7)Technically didn't SEELE win?

8)And finally are the Rebuilds worth watching after the original?

Thanks for your replies!.

The is a late answer, but an answer nonetheless!
1.She was killed, and so did Misato and Akagi and everyone else eventually. When Shinji decided to destroy the world with the help of Mega Rei then everyone turned into LCL. Even though some of them died, God Rei was still able to put them into the LCL soup.(she appeared right before they die) Also I should mention that Gendo didnt become one with LCL. He simply died. The desicion for the instrumentality to happen was only by the hands of Shinji, not Asuka. She was just metaphorically there, symbolizing individuality. When Shinji chokes her, it shows how he rejects individuality and destroys the world. The reason why Asuka have returned with him can be assumed that it was because of her immense will to live, far stronger than the will of all of our main characters. She have also accepted her individuality and achieved self actualization. She no longer depends on people's approval. Thats why she came back with Shinji. She also came back with Shinji because she was connected with Rei and Shinji.

2.Yes. The last scene shows how those both poor souls have accepted each other, they hurt each other(Shinji chokes Asuka) and they show love to each other(Asuka touching Shinji softly). This was a beautiful scene that was totally meant to be there.

3. They will all eventually come back, if they desire to do so, if they desire to live by themselves, not to hide their true identities with a facade, not to be dependent on your parents, on other people's approval on your mistakes from the past. Those who dont want to accept reality, who dont want to get hurt but dont mind not to get love, will eventually stay there in that "heaven".

4.She achieved self actualization by rejecting Gendo and moving through her own will. That will is to give Shinji(the first human who showed her true human affection) a wish. She merges with Lilith and becomes God... At this point we can assume that the Rei we knew from the series is gone, living in the LCL somewhere or simply enjoying her God status idk... (BTW did you notice how the first ep was connected to the last where we see Rei by the red sea? In the first ep we can also see God Rei for a second until she is vanished...)

5.Ep 25-26 are the events that happen in the LCL, when all the souls already merged together and everyone can see everyones true identity/ego/personality.

6.Yes, he is the bastard that closed himself from human connections, using everyone as his tool, manipulating everyone for his own desires. This man doesnt deserve to be with eveyone else or at least that's what Mega Rei's decision was when she decided to kill him.

7.Kinda? Shinji began the human instrumentality yet he also ended it by the end. So its a win-win for SEELE.

8.The rebuilds are simply fan service... Nothing more, nothing less. They're not as nearly as though out as the original series. They're not bad, but a true Evangelion fan wont regard them as high as the original.

Apr 10, 2016 11:35 AM

1) Shinji had a chance to live in a world by himself without judgement or feeling or pressure from other people when he was taken in to start human instrumentality. He at first chose this, rejecting the initial idea of human instrumentality where everyone dies and is reborn/ evolved. However he dislikes this, as it is lonely and boring, so he decides to have everyone killed but able to come back if they wish. Asuka, having died at a moment where she wanted to live (and perhaps being the first person Shinji wanted to see again) was therefore brought back first. Or something like that.

The other questions are answered well enough