Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm even more Carta's flashbacks this episode. I'm somewhat surprised this show is concentrating quite a bit about her character.

Mika's ambush attack is awesome, goes to show his feelings of wanting to avenge his friend. I find the duel/battle between him and Carta to be quite satisfying. Literally a revenge fight :D

Mar 13, 2016 1:10 AM

Mar 2014
surpringly i dont have any characters i hate in this show

oh maybe mika he is fking crazy. kader's statement was possibly right that mika really enjoyed killing people
ButtSlapperMar 13, 2016 3:16 AM
Mar 13, 2016 4:06 AM
Apr 2015
mikazuki basically said...

"honorable combat? fuck that, you killed my friend."
I only give 3 ratings on any show I watch

10 = Enjoyed it

5 = Average

1 = Hated it
Mar 13, 2016 4:10 AM
Oct 2013
this anime is great. Carta must be really dumb to believe they would accept a fair duel
Mar 13, 2016 4:12 AM

Jan 2016
Wow, Mika just defeated three mobile suits by himself without even breaking a sweat. Riveting. What an interesting protagonist.
Sarcasm? What's that?

Also, all this talk of revenge can only mean one thing: they're going to learn about the endless cycle of revenge. And judging by how ruthless the series has been up until now, i can only assume that they are gonna have to learn the hard way (read: everybody's gonna fucking die).
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Mar 13, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2012
"Fair duel, yeah right."
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 13, 2016 4:31 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Don't know if Mika was actually fueled by the flame of revenge too, but he made a nice decision by that surprise attack, he also never hesitates to kill, unlike other Gundam Protagonists before him, which is a plus, this is war not a mock battle.

Carta probably wouldn't want to live again if she was still alive after such an embarrassment, lost in 3 vs 1 battle.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 13, 2016 4:45 AM
Aug 2012
What a tense & brutal episode. I feel sorry for Carta. No mercy from Mika until he hears Carta calls out for McGillis. And Ein is now a Gundam and that might be problem for the rest of Tekkadan, especially for those piloting the mobile workers. Also, this episode our protagonists seem almost villainous.
K-AnimeMar 13, 2016 5:02 AM
Mar 13, 2016 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
For some reason, I started to not care or feel anything towards the Tekkadan crew a few episodes back. I felt sadder seeing Carta's death than when i saw Biscuits.

Gaelio (Ein in second) is probably my favorite character in this series since i felt more attached to him than i do with any of the Tekkadan crew. Earlier in the series, Akihiro had the brother thing going on which was nice, but since then he hasn't grown that much.
Mar 13, 2016 5:03 AM
Oct 2012
Bruh...Mika gets more savage by the episode, freaking surprise-attacked the first guy with a home run and when he landed all you could see was smeart of blood, I laughed my ass off at that. Looks like the final 2 episodes are gonna intense as heck, Ein will probably be the death of more Tekkadan members and possibly Lafter and Azee (please not Lafter and Azee PLEASE)
Xenogears1989Mar 13, 2016 2:53 PM
Mar 13, 2016 5:15 AM

Oct 2013
so ein became a robot? setsuna from 00 would be pretty jealous if he saw that. it's also funny to see okada kinda reusing a plot point of her last series m3.

carta's death was really brutal, even barbatos was crying

Mar 13, 2016 5:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My goodness Mika didn't waste any time with Carta and her men lol, that shit was brutal af

RIP Eyebrows....I actually ended up feeling really bad for you after seeing how great you truly are as a person

And my God, Einis pretty much a cyborg at this point...Such a tragic fate man :(
TokoyaMar 13, 2016 5:51 AM
Mar 13, 2016 5:30 AM

Sep 2011
Man that was a great episode, even the animators actually did their fucking jobs for once and the show looked really good. And frankly i like how mika had no honor and just attacked without warning, it'd of been out of place to actually join in on the duel.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 13, 2016 5:35 AM

Aug 2008
Mika is brutal and merciless but at least he's way better than the previous recent main Gundam pilots who were just pure laughable namely Bellri and Kio Asuno. It's been a while since we had cold-blooded pilots like Setsuna and Heero. That's what made some Alternate Universe Gundam shows great. I'm not gonna include Shinn from SEED Destiny though. He's just a sad crybaby.
Screw those morality police morons who might complain about this episode again.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 13, 2016 5:40 AM

Apr 2015
Harotaros said:
Gaelio (Ein in second) is probably my favorite character in this series since i felt more attached to him than i do with any of the Tekkadan crew. Earlier in the series, Akihiro had the brother thing going on which was nice, but since then he hasn't grown that much.
same here, and I'm actually rooting for him now, not tekkadan. What they're doing is horrendous and shows us that they're merely kids and very childesh
Mar 13, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2015
Ugh! No, no, NO! Carta! I did not want her to die, and god, in such a way too. When she thought she was talking to McGillis... Oh, that's too sad, and she was trying to be honorable and fair while just doing her job. Along with Gaelio and McGillis, I liked her so much.

Sigh, well that sucks. I wonder how Ein looks, though.
AmyTwoMar 13, 2016 5:49 AM
Mar 13, 2016 5:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Raz1515 said:
Harotaros said:
same here, and I'm actually rooting for him now, not tekkadan. What they're doing is horrendous and shows us that they're merely kids and very childesh
Yeah, I'm finding myself rooting for the Chocolate-Gali Gali alliance too a little especially after this episode

But at the same time, Tekkadan had every right to do what they did in this episode and their cause is just regardless of that fact that now they don't give a fuck about the enemy's survival which imo is the right attitude right now since the enemy have been doing the same and worse for years because of their corruption
Mar 13, 2016 5:51 AM

Aug 2010
Carta's dead!! YES! And man did she look creepy asf when she died lol

Loved how Mika just Brutally REKT her shit and ignored her challenge. Her wanting an honorable fight is just a bunch of bull. After she did that dirty move last time leaving the fight with Mika and going to attack Orga and Biscuit. Now she wants an honorable duel. Yeah gg.

Man I love the main girls of IBO Not so much Merribit even tho she's being the voice of reason right now but meh :P At the beginning of the series u'd think Atra and Kudelia would be justice honor fags that keep annoying Orga and Mika not to do stuff like they did this ep and all the revenge agenda they have but seeing them not minding is awesome.

Ein transcended AV system and went full robo lol
Mar 13, 2016 6:04 AM

May 2015
At least get rid of Carta's eye makeup....
Mar 13, 2016 6:17 AM

Jul 2010
Why the fuck would Tekkadan, or even ANYONE take part in this duel when they COMPLETELY outnumber Carta's small party?

RIP Carta.

She's far too naive, idealistic, and inexperienced to be fighting against battle-hardened children who are risking their lives everytime.
Her death was kinda sad tho, in a sense that she walked into it herself by trying to catch up Chocolate Man's words.
Mar 13, 2016 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
lol I love how people are still calling McGillis the chocolate man and Gaelio Gali-Gali.
Mar 13, 2016 6:23 AM

Aug 2008
RIP Carta. Feel sorry for her even though she's the enemy. Mikazuki: Duel, what duel? But it really stupid for Carta to just bring out two soldiers with here and they even come out from the mobile suit. Really naive.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 13, 2016 6:24 AM

Jun 2014
Oh man, that's satisfying. I am glad that she died. Mika is INSANE and I LOVE HIM. I can't recall if there were other Gundam protagonists that were like him. They way he destroyed those assholes gave me a good feeling. I can't deny that I feel a little sad about Carta, which shows how good the writing is, because she was a total bitch. Anyway thank you Mika, for killing her. It's a good thing that Orga stopped Mika from going after Gaelio, because he was about to pursue him. LOVE TEKKADAN and MIKA mostly AS HELL. I am glad that he is sticking it to the bad guys, without remorse or having second thoughts, that's how it should be.
Mar 13, 2016 6:31 AM

Oct 2014
Great episode! The way this show keeps throwing in your face how honorable the antagonists are make me like them so much lol. But then i rememeber how ghallarhorn has is corrupt ruling organization.

Mika is so god damn RUTHLESS!
I hear a lot of revenge talk on mikas part in this post and I kinda disagree. In that entire fight not once do you see him say "this is for biscuit!" b4 the deathblow or anything along those lines he actually even says something like "I gotta kill you kuz your in my way" which makes me believe mika is really just a sociopath on the low.
Last episode he wanted bodies to kill and hey guess what he got em!
He's starting to remind me less of heero yuy and more like dexter lol
"A mulberry is a tree and Kuwabara is a man"
Mar 13, 2016 6:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Is it bad that i'm rooting for McGillis, Gaelio and Ein now?
Mar 13, 2016 6:55 AM

Apr 2014
wow mikazuki i feel chills seeing you fight....
orga listened the doctor....she is warm and smart
even i feel bad for carta but she is an enemy

and takahiro sakurai is mcgillis and the chocolate´s masked man ... are the same person or what???

maybe I lost hahaha
Sunakko-ch4nMar 13, 2016 7:00 AM
Mar 13, 2016 6:58 AM
Sep 2015
let's just say for any reason, could and would mika kill kudelia?
Mar 13, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2013
Mika is such a savage. It was interesting to see him attack first without waiting/asking for Orga's orders. I'm glad he talked about it during the ep preview.

The past two episodes, I just wanted them to get rid of Carta. Her death actually saddened me a bit. It was the revenge they all wanted, but it wasn't the death I expected her to have lol

And Ein.. that poor guy.

I think Gali Gali just became my fave in this anime.
Mar 13, 2016 7:09 AM

Jun 2013
Smudy said:

I don't know if it's bad or not, but i feel the same way.
Mar 13, 2016 7:24 AM

Feb 2013
I hope Carta is not really dead.

She barely did anything , save for killing Biscuit, and had so few screentime for a major antagonist, Ein probably will be more relevant to the plot than her, what a shame....
Mar 13, 2016 7:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well done MIkazuki. For a moment I thought we were gonna get caught up in one of those stupid duels that are prevalent in anime. They are your enemy, they are not unarmed or helpless. You take them out quick and efficiently

There is no honour in war and Gjallahorn is not an honorable organisation. Remember what they've done in Mars and to the workers some episodes ago? Or that Carta killed Biscuit? I know that some like McGillis and co., and yeah, they're easy characters to root for, because they're gentle and polite. But guess what? they've lived a life of total privilege and are on the apex of an unfair system and society. They don't want to get killed or hurt in combat? Easy. Let the princess and the old man through. They're going to a political meeting and as long as they are unharmed, Tekkadan won't move. Not so hard, is it?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 13, 2016 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!
Tekkadan did fight fair and square.

Gaelio got friendzoned.

Ein can now say:
グレイズだ
俺がグレイズだ

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 13, 2016 7:46 AM

Jan 2008
While I like McGillis, wasn't he only fooling Carta? I bet he knew that she liked him and he used that to his advantage. I hate that he's trying to use Gaelio as well and I really hope that Gaelio doesn't end up killing him. That sure would be sad and tragic. Well, if Gaelio doesn't die, that is.

Kudelia sure is getting stronger but I still don't like her as a potential love interest for Mika. I like Atra but I highly doubt she and Mika will be together.

I'm pretty sure there will be a second season as there's no way they will wrap up the whole thing in two episodes. The only thing is that a major character might die by the end of this season?

Are we ever going to know whether Yamagi likes Shino or not?
HatsumiShinoguMar 13, 2016 8:07 AM
Mar 13, 2016 7:50 AM

Aug 2008
Smudy said:

Well for McGillis, I think he's partially responsible for her death.
The fact that he used his best friends to manipulate Tekkadan and Kudelia for his own goals makes him the bastard that he is but yeah, you can't deny his tenacity as a Char clone.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 13, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2012
So, did McGillis intend for Carta to cause trouble for Tekkadan or did he let her fight them knowing she would die and therefore could no longer get in their way just as Mikazuki said?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 13, 2016 8:03 AM

Aug 2015
Intense episode and damn Mika. The dude is a beast.
Mar 13, 2016 8:33 AM
Dec 2015
Harotaros said:
Smudy said:

Me too!!!
Hhahaha it's strange, but I like McGuillis and Gaelio so much!

RIP Carta.. I like her.. and what a terrible death :(
Celinha87Mar 13, 2016 8:42 AM
Mar 13, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
Mika's like fuck Carta's speech and proceeded to destroy every single enemy mobile suit present even Carta's. Kimaris' ground form is awesome looking and performing in the snow.

Mar 13, 2016 8:53 AM
Jul 2012
Celinha87 said:
Harotaros said:

Me too!!!

You do realise he's playing both of them like a fiddle, right?
Mar 13, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
I really don't understand what is all that love for McGillis. Don't people see that he knew that Mika would crush her and kill her ? In fact if I remember his speach, he was saying about Carta and Gaelio "they WERE my friends", he is playing them both on his fingers. Mika is a beast, but he will never betray anyone from Tekkadan, unless they betray him.
Mar 13, 2016 9:24 AM
Jan 2015
I got freaggin Gon vs Neferpitou vibes from this episode it was that intense.
Mar 13, 2016 9:29 AM
Dec 2015
dokidokidoing said:
Celinha87 said:

Me too!!!

You do realise he's playing both of them like a fiddle, right?

Yeah, but Orga is annoying me with his words about revenge, but when the shit happens he goes to bedroom ¬¬
Mar 13, 2016 9:45 AM
Dec 2015
Valkata said:
I really don't understand what is all that love for McGillis. Don't people see that he knew that Mika would crush her and kill her ? In fact if I remember his speach, he was saying about Carta and Gaelio "they WERE my friends", he is playing them both on his fingers. Mika is a beast, but he will never betray anyone from Tekkadan, unless they betray him.

I agree with you, I like how Mikazuki is a savage, but he has responsability with his actions, but Orga don't have responsability with his decisions.
Mar 13, 2016 9:45 AM
Apr 2011
GhostofSide6 said:
Wow, Mika just defeated three mobile suits by himself without even breaking a sweat. Riveting. What an interesting protagonist.
Sarcasm? What's that?

Also, all this talk of revenge can only mean one thing: they're going to learn about the endless cycle of revenge. And judging by how ruthless the series has been up until now, i can only assume that they are gonna have to learn the hard way (read: everybody's gonna fucking die).

I still hope this series doesn't go down the path of cheap forgiveness like most other Gundams though, since forgiveness is meaningless without atonement. Cycle of revenge is bad, but cheap forgiveness is worse IMO.
Mar 13, 2016 9:49 AM
Dec 2015
A-Knight said:
GhostofSide6 said:
Sarcasm? What's that?

I still hope this series doesn't go down the path of cheap forgiveness like most other Gundams though, since forgiveness is meaningless without atonement. Cycle of revenge is bad, but cheap forgiveness is worse IMO.

I think that Cycle of Forgiveness will just happen at the final of season 2.

AND... Im thinking better and I guess Carta didn't die!
Mar 13, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2013
they turned Ein into a mobile suit and damn Mika that was brutal
Mar 13, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2008
Hypocritical anime, Tekkadan killed a whole bunch of people, a WHOLE BUNCH. Then Biscuit dies and they go mad with desire for vengeance?

Carta and her men recieved a valuable lesson in battlefield conduct. Too bad they didn't stick around to benefit from this knowledge.
ZingFreelancerMar 14, 2016 1:15 AM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 13, 2016 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Mika was absolutely savage!
I suppose he knows the reality of war all too well, There's no pride or honor in it just kill or be killed. The OST during the fight made it so much better

Not sure if Tekkadan dwelling on revenge is a good motive for them to move forward but it's the thing that's holding them together now.

Ain was fused into the Gundam? Did not expect that.

Not like she played a huge role but R.I.P Carta.
Mar 13, 2016 10:21 AM
Apr 2014
This has some of the worst character development I've ever seen......... and its almost 3edgy5me.
Mar 13, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2011
What a violent and savage fight. Really like the symbolism when they closed up Barbatos with water on the head, representing Mika's tears... at the same time his anger for the death of Biscuit.

The Kimaris looked pretty cool looking like a knight with horse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.