Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion


Mar 10, 2016 1:46 PM
El HERMANO

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1048
Reading the stuff people post on these forums is pure entertainment

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Mar 10, 2016 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 1181
Illyricus said:
It was too obvious it was the teacher that I didn't felt any surprise at the revelation. The episode still is the best for me.

The teacher is a magnificent asshole. He may be evil, but the scene when he tells his plan to lure Satoru to the river was very well done. Best character.

True. That was really smooth.

Does anyone know what chapter is this in the manga?
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 131
mizukasa said:
Illyricus said:
It was too obvious it was the teacher that I didn't felt any surprise at the revelation. The episode still is the best for me.

The teacher is a magnificent asshole. He may be evil, but the scene when he tells his plan to lure Satoru to the river was very well done. Best character.

True. That was really smooth.

Does anyone know what chapter is this in the manga?

I have a friend who read the manga, and he told me it was around chapter 30.
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 814
Who cares if the culprit's obvious?
I'd rather have more people complaining about this episode's real flaw. The seat belt! How does Satoru not know how to get out of seat belt without unbuckling it? He even had a small body help him out! Oh well, I'll just accept the fact he has to be dumb for the plot's convenience...
Nonetheless, I look forward to the 14 chapters squished into 2 episodes. Who knows how much they'll cut out?
On a side note, I'm definitely going to check out the manga after this is over. It made me really sad that Kayo actually came back to town in the manga, but they just had to cut it out.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 145
Awwfull comments everywhere..
the role of laxative pils is interesting o_O but it's still bother me that she bravely to choose sat alone in that large stadium
Gildesh said:
I wonder whether the mangaka forgot how seatbelts work when he came up with that scene...

Isn't it a seat belt becoming sticky because it's residu or something? Or did Manabu stick it in purpose? oh yay hahaha whatever http://www.ehow.com/how_7349168_unjam-seatbelt.html
I thought that rather than forced to let the buckle off, why satoru didn't think anything to loosing it's belt and go through the gap and walla!!? Maybe he was too panic on that situation.. >:

We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.


"I love you, air conditioner."
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 733
I don't really get why everyone is so salty. Of course it was very obvious from early on, because it never the focus to find out who it actually was. It was for the characters to find out and to find a way to stop him, since he's very smart.

I don't know why everything needs to have a big twist nowadays for people to like it. I remember watching a film where the killer turned out to be someone who had about 3 minutes of screen time before the reveal, so I didn't even recognise them. Was it surprising? Sure! Was it good? Of course not!
If you want good unexpected plot twists watch Symphogear.

Eve778 said:
Who cares if the culprit's obvious?
I'd rather have more people complaining about this episode's real flaw. The seat belt! How does Satoru not know how to get out of seat belt without unbuckling it? He even had a small body help him out! Oh well, I'll just accept the fact he has to be dumb for the plot's convenience...

You really think it's that easy in a state of extreme panic?
Modified by Sury, Mar 10, 2016 2:23 PM
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1526
oh get real. its not that difficult to slip out of a seatbelt; not to mention youre a short kid who can do it easily as well. Hes not even trying.
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 587
The killer was pretty obvious since the second episode. Only a blind mole couldn't see this and the reasoning of the killer is just...stupid.

Anyway, this series don't deserve all the praise it is getting.
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 116
Majuicezumi said:



There are also nearly 12 chapters left and 2 episodes. They'll probably rush them (A LOT). Or they could just make longer episodes (á la Fate).


Really? It's been a month since I read the manga so I don't remember it that well. There are lots of important parts in the next 12 chapters, so lots of things will be gone. Why must it be 12 episodes? It's kind of annoying how they have to stick to this format. They should've gone with Kokoro Connect's route and add more episodes later on.
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 288
Everyone is complaining about the killer being predictable. Of course it was. My main problem with the anime storywise is that it is predictable. That is why i do not think it deserves a top 10 spot in mal. And i dont think its the best this season as that goes to grimgar. But its still very good. While it was predictable, the execution was fantastic. Seeing how the main character was shocked because he trusted the teacher so much and was one of the few people he could trust. Very well executed scene. I dont think its the best anime this season but it is one of the higher ones. Definitely a great episode and one of the best by far. Cant wait to see what happens next
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
 
Mar 10, 2016 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
It's not about being obvious or not who the killer is, a lot of works in this genre do the whole bait thing and then the real villain is somebody completely unexpected and unbelievable, with no way to know beforehand without the most insane logic involved. This is so cliché in this genre and doesn't really makes for the most interesting work.

If they didn't want it to be so obvious they wouldn't make the killer appear right at the beginning, making it clear it was somebody known, and then in past the teacher be the only one with physical resemblance to the killer from the present.

I think that is not really the point, the things the teacher says hints that maybe he knows something about Satoru's Revival, maybe he is a time-traveler himself? the whole "I know about your future" thing, didn't it come off as weird? what does Satoru "know"? there's still things unexplained, there's still two episodes left, hakuna your tatas guys.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 425
The most obvious reveal ever. And the way he just explained it all to Satou like a stereotypical Bond villain would was just so bad. And it's a shame because I was really enjoying the first part of the episode...
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 418
devinder said:
Drake1000 said:





Is it supposed to, tho? The only time Satoru time traveled as a child was not by revival...


[color=red]Winter 2016 is actually pretty shit.[/color
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 741
Samhiuy said:
Majuicezumi said:



There are also nearly 12 chapters left and 2 episodes. They'll probably rush them (A LOT). Or they could just make longer episodes (á la Fate).


Really? It's been a month since I read the manga so I don't remember it that well. There are lots of important parts in the next 12 chapters, so lots of things will be gone. Why must it be 12 episodes? It's kind of annoying how they have to stick to this format. They should've gone with Kokoro Connect's route and add more episodes later on.
Either they rush it, they make longer episodes (30-40 minutes) or they just add more episodes (14 would be alright).
mizukasa said:
Does anyone know what chapter is this in the manga?
I think this episode was supposed to adapt chapters 26-31, but they skipped some stuff (such as Satoru visiting Jun's home and an interesting talk between Satoru and Kenya). They literally skipped to Satoru and Gaku's confrontation.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 47
After reading ANN's review and browsing some of the messages on this thread, here's what I honestly think:

I would have been much happier had Kenya or Yuuki been the killer.

Yuuki would have been a cool twist. Literally no one expected him to be the killer, because, well, he'd been written off at the very beginning. To bring him back into the story would have been epic.

Kenya as the killer would have been much more Steins;Gate/Zero Escape mindfuckery, but it would have still worked in my opinion, given that the entire show is based around the MC being able to "rewind" time in the first place.

Yes, neither of the aforementioned two looks like the teacher. Not really sure how the show could have changed this, but it just narrowed the suspects list way too much. Would have been better off without teasing the killer at all in the present day.

And before people ask: no, the fact that the MC says he'd hoped it wasn't the teacher doesn't cut it. It's as if the writer for the show thought he could dig his way out of such a predictable plot-twist by acting like there wasn't an attempt at a plot-twist at all.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3484
I actually enjoyed this episode. Yes, everyone saw the teacher being the culprit from a mile away, but truth to be told the mystery was never the main draw of the series. Also, as cliche and predictable it was the execution of the reveal was quite suspenseful, if only slightly too "in your face" with the exaggerated evil grin of the teacher.
Now, if only Satoru wasn't so stupid I would found this much better, but I guess if he didn't act dumb all the time it'd be hard to get such tense cliffhangers...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2914
Pen3 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

the mistery from the characters point of view is pointless because satoru is not doing anything to find out who the killer is but is instead following any random girl that walks alone on the chance she might end up killed

Because adults would believe a little kid playing detective? It is a case that was unsolved and the only thing he knew were victims so i don't see why it is useless. I think at that point he would be relieved if the murderer would just get out of town and leave his friends/family alone. He wasn't there to find the murderer and save everyone.

adults would believe him if he had simply followed hinazuki at the day he knew she was murdered and said he saw the teacher coming after her
satoru did not even care for any hints of the murder(the suspect list the police he saw in the future and the teacher having a car full of candy)so it is pretty clear satoru is not even paying attention to his surrodings to find who the killer and since he did not even gave a fuck to look for the killer the mistery in series is poitnless
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 47
Actually, I have another thought here guys, but bare with me.

Could the teacher actually be Sataru?

They looks pretty similar. Both wear glasses (older Sataru wears glasses). Given that the intro has Sataru getting shot, is it possible (although it may be a slim one), that Sataru is trying to kill himself in order to prevent the death of his mother (some sort of dilemma in the timeline).

That could explain why the teacher had affection for Sataru's mom during episode 9. Maybe he really loves his mother dearly, but at some point in time decided to become a killer?

Sure, this would be a longshot, but if written well enough, I could get on board with an ending like this, and it seems somewhat plausible given Sataru's line "I can see your future" this episode.

It would also explain the title of the anime. Sataru is attempting to "Erase" himself from existence.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 377
WE saw that the teacher was the culprit from the start. The characters didn't how hard is that to understand.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2914
Gluzin said:
The most obvious reveal ever. And the way he just explained it all to Satou like a stereotypical Bond villain would was just so bad. And it's a shame because I was really enjoying the first part of the episode...

the part where he explained that his plans to prevent future murders was to follow any girl that walked alone?
or the part where he said that the other girl was safe and off limits for the killer because she was spent a couple of time with them even thought she still could b easily kidnapped in any moment she is alone
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 3258
And this comment thread proves exactly why we can't have nice things and get stuck with the "safe" shows far more often than anything else. The butthurt over the obvious kiler in here and in ANN's episode review is nothing short of ridiculous, sensationalistic and utterly absurd.

Why does a plot twist have to be unpredictable to be good to you people? And why do some of the people complaining about the "plot twist" being too obvious here then go and complain when a plot twist isn't obvious as well? Do people actually want to enjoy anything or just perpetually criticise it to ridiculous extents?

Well, here's still less ridiculous than that ANN review in that regard, which suggests this one episode is worse than the entirety of Phantom World, the current Utawarerumono anime and Dagashi Kashi. What a fucking joke.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
bigbusiness said:
Actually, I have another thought here guys, but bare with me.

Could the teacher actually be Sataru?

They looks pretty similar. Both wear glasses (older Sataru wears glasses). Given that the intro has Sataru getting shot, is it possible (although it may be a slim one), that Sataru is trying to kill himself in order to prevent the death of his mother (some sort of dilemma in the timeline).

That could explain why the teacher had affection for Sataru's mom during episode 9. Maybe he really loves his mother dearly, but at some point in time decided to become a killer?

Sure, this would be a longshot, but if written well enough, I could get on board with an ending like this, and it seems somewhat plausible given Sataru's line "I can see your future" this episode.


I have this theory too.

Also, Satoru's red eyes....
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 47
danieltortoisee said:
And this comment thread proves exactly why we can't have nice things and get stuck with the "safe" shows far more often than anything else. The butthurt over the obvious kiler in here and in ANN's episode review is nothing short of ridiculous, sensationalistic and utterly absurd.

Why does a plot twist have to be unpredictable to be good to you people? And why do some of the people complaining about the "plot twist" being too obvious here then go and complain when a plot twist isn't obvious as well? Do people actually want to enjoy anything or just perpetually criticise it to ridiculous extents?

Well, here's still less ridiculous than that ANN review which suggests this one episode is worse than the entirety of Phantom World, the current Utawarerumono anime and Dagashi Kashi. What a fucking joke.

Because if it's predictable, it's not really a plot twist, now is it....

Seriously, try to think up some of your greatest anime and television shows. Do you think Breaking Bad would have been critically acclaimed had it had "predictable" plot twists? Or The Sopranos for that matter. Or Fargo.

Plenty of great anime thrive off of being unpredictable while still being believable. Hunter x Hunter is a perfect example.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 76
i just wanna say for this episode "Mantap Anjeng".
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 69
FUCKFUCK FUCK? I KNEW IT ALL ALONG, FUCKFUCK.SHIT FUCK !!
Sensei you motherfuckeeeeer
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
gabrielrroiz said:
Pen3 said:

Because adults would believe a little kid playing detective? It is a case that was unsolved and the only thing he knew were victims so i don't see why it is useless. I think at that point he would be relieved if the murderer would just get out of town and leave his friends/family alone. He wasn't there to find the murderer and save everyone.

adults would believe him if he had simply followed hinazuki at the day he knew she was murdered and said he saw the teacher coming after her
satoru did not even care for any hints of the murder(the suspect list the police he saw in the future and the teacher having a car full of candy)so it is pretty clear satoru is not even paying attention to his surrodings to find who the killer and since he did not even gave a fuck to look for the killer the mistery in series is poitnless

Wow you act like your a fucken detective just because you're watching from a 3rd person view. His goal was just to save his mom and friends, not try to be a detective and solve a case. There is only so much he can do in his circumstance and priority was to save his friends first. The suspect list pretty much had everyone he knows on there and a teacher having candy is enough evidence for murder? Most of my teachers had candy in my elementary school. Also, please use caps for a person's name and it isn't 'mistery or 'poitnless'.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2914
Pen3 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

adults would believe him if he had simply followed hinazuki at the day he knew she was murdered and said he saw the teacher coming after her
satoru did not even care for any hints of the murder(the suspect list the police he saw in the future and the teacher having a car full of candy)so it is pretty clear satoru is not even paying attention to his surrodings to find who the killer and since he did not even gave a fuck to look for the killer the mistery in series is poitnless

Wow you act like your a fucken detective just because you're watching from a 3rd person view. His goal was just to save his mom and friends, not try to be a detective and solve a case. There is only so much he can do in his circumstance and priority was to save his friends first. The suspect list pretty much had everyone he knows on there and a teacher having candy is enough evidence for murder? Most of my teachers had candy in my elementary school. Also, please use caps for a person's name and it isn't 'mistery or 'poitnless'.

and satoru act like a fucken retard because he is not doing basic things that could improve his situation
and if other people from his school are murdered his mother will end up killed anyway if she finds the killer in the future so what he is doing is not fixing the situation
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 400
From this episode on, the ratings for this show is going to drop somewhat.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 3258
bigbusiness said:
danieltortoisee said:
And this comment thread proves exactly why we can't have nice things and get stuck with the "safe" shows far more often than anything else. The butthurt over the obvious kiler in here and in ANN's episode review is nothing short of ridiculous, sensationalistic and utterly absurd.

Why does a plot twist have to be unpredictable to be good to you people? And why do some of the people complaining about the "plot twist" being too obvious here then go and complain when a plot twist isn't obvious as well? Do people actually want to enjoy anything or just perpetually criticise it to ridiculous extents?

Well, here's still less ridiculous than that ANN review which suggests this one episode is worse than the entirety of Phantom World, the current Utawarerumono anime and Dagashi Kashi. What a fucking joke.

Because if it's predictable, it's not really a plot twist, now is it....

Seriously, try to think up some of your greatest anime and television shows. Do you think Breaking Bad would have been critically acclaimed had it had "predictable" plot twists? Or The Sopranos for that matter. Or Fargo.

Plenty of great anime thrive off of being unpredictable while still being believable. Hunter x Hunter is a perfect example.

For that first point, that's why I put plot twist in quotes when referring to Yashiro as the killer.
Also, lots of things are critically acclaimed despite being predictable. Take most Shakespeare tragedies for instance. Sure, they have small twists here and there, but they're all predictable in that they all follow a set structure that is very easy to follow and anticipate.

Would being more unexpected have benefitted these stories? Perhaps, but having unpredictable plot twists does not necessarily make something good. Take Frozen for instance, or even Terminator: Genisys. Both have unexpected plot twists but neither are actually that good; Frozen's decent but would have better if it didn't sacrifice common sense for the sake of surprise with Hans, and the less said about Terminator: Genisys, the better.

Also, even if something has unpredictable yet believable plot twists, that does not in any way guarantee any degree of quality over something with predictable plot twists like this (or in general, for that matter).
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 33
Hijazi said:
What I don't understand is that Satoru had seen the killer's face right before coming to this timeline. So if it really was the teacher then why was Satoru not cautious of him all this while?


When a revival happens, he does not nessecerily need to remember things that happened before, just as long as he realises that a revival has happened it has served its purpose. He did remember in the end sort of, but it looks like unless he focuses on what happened right before the revival, he does not remember the current event right before that happens. As the revival happened because Satoru was thinking to himself that he wanted to try one last time to go back stop the killings and try to find a way to rescue his mother, not to stop the killer as that would happen when he saved the girls.

In other words, when he gets a revival he only remembers things that he needs to do, that will change the course of future. And he only wakes up with memories of what triggers him to remember what his current goal is to change the future.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 33
I don't know why people always want unexpected things? Yeah it was very clear since the weird ending of one episode when Kenya was talking to the sensei but for me it doesn't made the episode bad in any way. If it would someone we didn't expect I would find it propably more bad because I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make sense. Like ... who should be the killer instead? :"D

And also there are two episodes left. Don't be too impatient. It's an anime. Anything can change in the last two episodes.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 374
danieltortoisee said:
And this comment thread proves exactly why we can't have nice things and get stuck with the "safe" shows far more often than anything else. The butthurt over the obvious kiler in here and in ANN's episode review is nothing short of ridiculous, sensationalistic and utterly absurd.

Why does a plot twist have to be unpredictable to be good to you people? And why do some of the people complaining about the "plot twist" being too obvious here then go and complain when a plot twist isn't obvious as well? Do people actually want to enjoy anything or just perpetually criticise it to ridiculous extents?

Well, here's still less ridiculous than that ANN review in that regard, which suggests this one episode is worse than the entirety of Phantom World, the current Utawarerumono anime and Dagashi Kashi. What a fucking joke.


Most of the reasons I've seen in this thread defending the reveal are honestly legitimate and I can respect them, but is it really that hard to see and understand the other side of opinions? The overall management of the mystery, not necessarily some grand unpredictable plot twist, was just lackluster to me. Then the supporters would argue back and say that the mystery is not supposed to be the focus, and I can acknowledge that, but for me at least, that doesn't change how Erased has been presented at least *partially* as a story with mystery elements, with an unknown killer to be identified and brought to justice, and so I can't excuse how underwhelming this whole thing turned out to be. For those of you who aren't upset with this development, good for you though.

The mystery may not be the core of the story, but it's still (supposed to be) an important part, imo.
Modified by LightBladeNova, Mar 10, 2016 2:40 PM
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
gabrielrroiz said:

and satoru act like a fucken retard because he is not doing basic things that could improve his situation
and if other people from his school are murdered his mother will end up killed anyway if she finds the killer in the future so what he is doing is not fixing the situation

What makes you think the people wouldn't be murdered while hes searching for the murderer? Remember this is an unsolved case and nobody seriously suspects the teacher yet. Satoru is just going for the immediate threat first and think about the aftermath later. I see nothing wrong with going by the facts first than chasing after a ghost who might not even be a town residence.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 33
I don't understand why people are so salty either. The series is like someone has said before, about the main character finding out who the culprit was. Besides this series is more about the story and development, rather than the mystery element. Even if it was obvious who the killer was, this series is still quite entertaining and in my opinion has a good enough storytelling to backup the lack of mystery.

I personally do not like mystery animes because over the top plottwists and that the viewer always has to be confused about who the culprit is, apperently that's what the mystery is all about these days. A good mystery genred work of fiction will always try to get the viewer to think, by dropping clues along the way so that we as well as the main chacter(s), might find the culprit. I think this anime did it very well, and i don't care what people say about it, it's the best this season!
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 55
IF SATORU DIES
Idk what I would do .-.
I need to punch that imbecile Yahiro-sensei right now because he's such a b*stard, its not even funny.


"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4281
I knew it was the teacher from the very start. What grabbed my attention this episode was Satoru's revelation and his reactions. His face of shock was worth the whole episode. I never know what will happen next despite the fact that I was 100% certain it was the teacher. It's not about surprising the viewer, but watching it unfold for Satoru.

Didn't expect the teacher to try and kill Satoru off, certainly. He probably won't die, but I'm still super interested in how this all concludes.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 587
Kikoro said:
I don't know why people always want unexpected things? Yeah it was very clear since the weird ending of one episode when Kenya was talking to the sensei but for me it doesn't made the episode bad in any way. If it would someone we didn't expect I would find it propably more bad because I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make sense. Like ... who should be the killer instead? :"D

And also there are two episodes left. Don't be too impatient. It's an anime. Anything can change in the last two episodes.


Maybe but I remember people saying something like this in Haruhi (Endless Eight Arc threads) and that show was a huge filler/disaster.
I hope they use those 2 episdoes to fill the plot hole (revival) with a good explanation on how and why this happens just with Satoru otherwise expect a worse shitstorm than the one which happened with Tokyo Ghoul and Akg.
 
Mar 10, 2016 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 374
darkkugan said:
I don't understand why people are so salty either. The series is like someone has said before, about the main character finding out who the culprit was. Besides this series is more about the story and development, rather than the mystery element. Even if it was obvious who the killer was, this series is still quite entertaining and in my opinion has a good enough storytelling to backup the lack of mystery.

I personally do not like mystery animes because over the top plottwists and that the viewer always has to be confused about who the culprit is, apperently that's what the mystery is all about these days. A good mystery genred work of fiction will always try to get the viewer to think, by dropping clues along the way so that we as well as the main chacter(s), might find the culprit. I think this anime did it very well, and i don't care what people say about it, it's the best this season!


What bothers me is not that people enjoyed this, but that people actually don't seem to "understand" the other side of opinions. Again, is it really that hard to see why some people would feel disappointed in this outcome? Is it that hard to respect that position? I can respect all of the supporters' positions that this episode is still great, thought not really agree with them.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11
Rafaello_Myles said:


Why would Sataru believe in the teacher when he said that the girl left the bathroom is so out of my pay-role. I mean, he was waiting for the girl at the entrance of the bathroom the whole freaking time, it would be impossible for her to leave without him noticing.

Seriously...


This.

WTF with logic.
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:02 PM
El HERMANO

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1048
LightBladeNova said:
darkkugan said:
I don't understand why people are so salty either. The series is like someone has said before, about the main character finding out who the culprit was. Besides this series is more about the story and development, rather than the mystery element. Even if it was obvious who the killer was, this series is still quite entertaining and in my opinion has a good enough storytelling to backup the lack of mystery.

I personally do not like mystery animes because over the top plottwists and that the viewer always has to be confused about who the culprit is, apperently that's what the mystery is all about these days. A good mystery genred work of fiction will always try to get the viewer to think, by dropping clues along the way so that we as well as the main chacter(s), might find the culprit. I think this anime did it very well, and i don't care what people say about it, it's the best this season!


What bothers me is not that people enjoyed this, but that people actually don't seem to "understand" the other side of opinions. Again, is it really that hard to see why some people would feel disappointed in this outcome? Is it that hard to respect that position? I can respect all of the supporters' positions that this episode is still great, thought not really agree with them.


I agree 100% with you what said. It's sad how people are acting in this community

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Mar 10, 2016 3:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 33
LightBladeNova said:
darkkugan said:
I don't understand why people are so salty either. The series is like someone has said before, about the main character finding out who the culprit was. Besides this series is more about the story and development, rather than the mystery element. Even if it was obvious who the killer was, this series is still quite entertaining and in my opinion has a good enough storytelling to backup the lack of mystery.

I personally do not like mystery animes because over the top plottwists and that the viewer always has to be confused about who the culprit is, apperently that's what the mystery is all about these days. A good mystery genred work of fiction will always try to get the viewer to think, by dropping clues along the way so that we as well as the main chacter(s), might find the culprit. I think this anime did it very well, and i don't care what people say about it, it's the best this season!


What bothers me is not that people enjoyed this, but that people actually don't seem to "understand" the other side of opinions. Again, is it really that hard to see why some people would feel disappointed in this outcome? Is it that hard to respect that position? I can respect all of the supporters' positions that this episode is still great.


I am not here to bash other people for their opinion, if you didn't like, then you don't. All anime are hit and miss for people, i just don't understand the fact that someone would actually get mad for something so simple as that it didn't live up to your expectation because of the genre tag "Mystery". If you are dissappointed then it is fine and i can understand why someone would feel underwhelmed especially after the buildup in the begining of the series. Am just saying that not all works of the mystery genre needs to live up to your expectation especially when it's only 12 episodes long :P
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2914
Illyricus said:
It was too obvious it was the teacher that I didn't felt any surprise at the revelation. The episode still is the best for me.

The teacher is a magnificent asshole. He may be evil, but the scene when he tells his plan to lure Satoru to the river was very well done. Best character.

No actually told his hole plane for no reason like all shit villains do
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7951
Ehh? They actually skipped a lot of chapters. Well it has to be done with only 3 episodes left.

Like Kayo getting back to the gang was completely omitted. Also Aya's scenes were also mostly omitted.

Well I can understand why Kayo's scenes were omitted. I mean if those Kayo's scenes were adapted, I can already see how much people hating on next episode. (chapter 29 for omitted adaptation of the anime)

Aya's scenes are also omitted because she's not important, but still... it become too rushed now.

 
Mar 10, 2016 3:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 23
Sourire said:
people still not realizing that the point of the show is not to make you wonder "who did it" but instead "why did he do it"

there's no way the last 2 episodes aren't extremely rushed..


thats it right their
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 131
gabrielrroiz said:
Illyricus said:
It was too obvious it was the teacher that I didn't felt any surprise at the revelation. The episode still is the best for me.

The teacher is a magnificent asshole. He may be evil, but the scene when he tells his plan to lure Satoru to the river was very well done. Best character.

No actually told his hole plane for no reason like all shit villains do

But just about every villain in anything ever does just that
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 205
But what are his motives
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5373
Wow, what a shock that the creepy teacher who carries candy in his car turns out out to be the killer. What a surprise...
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 363
Ransacked said:
But what are his motives


You'll find out. It has a lot to do with hamsters.
 
Mar 10, 2016 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 340
Even though I predicted that it might be the teacher like a lot of people also did, I really liked the execution of how it was all revealed and the realization. I really didn't want the end to happen and now I have to wait another week.
The calm Kenya losing it with the Shakespeare and hideout comments was funny.

 
Mar 10, 2016 3:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 99
xSkipi said:
AAAH It was too obvious ... but it was him ...
Wtf no cliffhanger !?


How the fuck can you not call this a cliffhanger?
Deemo: Breaking My Fingers Since 2013

 
Top
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »