Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 27, 2011 7:12 AM
Apr 2011
Okane Ga Nai (ova 4 episodes but great and it matches with your preferences)

Try this rachel3 :))
May 27, 2011 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
Sinner_92 said:
Okane Ga Nai (ova 4 episodes but great and it matches with your preferences)

Try this rachel3 :))

thankyou for the suggestion. i'll give it a go =) it looks good so thanks!
Jun 7, 2011 2:08 PM

Dec 2008
Well I will repeat my request again.. Well, becouse that my preferences and they havent changes, just that I ran out of mangas to read...

Tell as what you want: I realy like it when 2 guys are manly. Thats one of my biggerst preferences
What yaois did you like of this similarity: Haru Wo Daiteita is my favorite one. I also like Crimson Spell, and and reasently read Dog Style, realy liked it XD
What you dont want: I dont realy like it when one of the guys looks realy girly, a cute girly type.. Hmm.. Like Okane ga Nai.. For some reason I dont realy like it... To much rape or smut.. Dont realy like...
Preferd length: The longer the better! I hate one-shots... I realy like it when I get to know the character, when I learn there feelings and there story.. So the more volumes the yaoi will have the better!!
Other: Thanks alot !!!
Jun 8, 2011 5:17 AM

Dec 2008
pupsia said:
Well I will repeat my request again.. Well, becouse that my preferences and they havent changes, just that I ran out of mangas to read...

Tell as what you want: I realy like it when 2 guys are manly. Thats one of my biggerst preferences
What yaois did you like of this similarity: Haru Wo Daiteita is my favorite one. I also like Crimson Spell, and and reasently read Dog Style, realy liked it XD
What you dont want: I dont realy like it when one of the guys looks realy girly, a cute girly type.. Hmm.. Like Okane ga Nai.. For some reason I dont realy like it... To much rape or smut.. Dont realy like...
Preferd length: The longer the better! I hate one-shots... I realy like it when I get to know the character, when I learn there feelings and there story.. So the more volumes the yaoi will have the better!!
Other: Thanks alot !!!

Ikenai Otoko and all the other things from this team
Kuimonodokoro Akira and other things by Yamashita Tomoko
Doukyuusei - highschool boys, if Iwaki is manly enough so is Sajou
Endless World
Sugarmilk
Age Called Blue
Koi ga Bokura o Yurusu Hani
Negai Kanae Tamae
Shiranai Kao
Mousou Electricity - Shunpei blush a lot and ill-tempered it might be consider as girly
La Satanica
Free Punch
Bi no Isu - collection of rough yakuza one-shots
Borderline
Ai wa Doko Itta?
1999 Shanghai
Doushitemo Furetakunai
Akane Shinchi Hanaya Sange
Ren'ai Sousa
Yume Musubi Koi Musubi

If you like any of them go check rest things from author.

Some shounen-ai:
Kamakiri
Let Dai

I've dig through something about 1/3 of my top list and almost all fit your preference (if not i have it taged with 'guke') - but i think it's enough for now. Have fun!

Jun 9, 2011 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
WOW! Thank alot. I honestly dont realy see anything that Ive read before =))
I when I checked some of them out they do look to my preference.
I started to download already, cant wait to read some XD
Thanks again!

P.S. And yeah, when I like something I usuy check the autor XD Unfortunatly not all works bythe same autor are liked by me but usualy about 80% I like =)
Jul 22, 2011 3:55 AM

Jul 2010
Tell us what you want: yaoi that has sex scenes
What yaois did you like of this similarity: Cannot think of anything
What you don't want: Cannot think of anything
Other: I am looking for a specific yaoi anime. I found a clip of it at some yaoi hentai website and it was some blue-haired guy being raped by a fat guy. It looks like an old school anime (cel-shaded animation)
Jul 22, 2011 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
animelly said:
Other: I am looking for a specific yaoi anime. I found a clip of it at some yaoi hentai website and it was some blue-haired guy being raped by a fat guy. It looks like an old school anime (cel-shaded animation)

Hi, i think this is the anime you are looking for: 'The Legend of the Blue Wolves'
Jul 22, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
rachel3 said:
animelly said:

Hi, i think this is the anime you are looking for: 'The Legend of the Blue Wolves'

Oh, thank you!
Sep 6, 2011 9:16 PM

May 2009
Hello :) I am in great need for some good yaoi manga recommendations. I would like something either realistic ( eg Complex, Miyamoto Kano's works) or with actual character development and original story.

Although I appreciate lovey dovey and humorous stories I am more of a tragedy/drama/psychological fan. I can take any level of smexing (after Map of tokyo savage Hoshi no yakata and baby bitch nothing can phase me).

Favourites: When a man loves a man, Totally captivated , Under Grand Hotel, The Cornered Mouse dreams of cheese.

Thank you in advance. :)

Sep 28, 2011 4:53 AM

Dec 2008
iristella said:
Hello :) I am in great need for some good yaoi manga recommendations. I would like something either realistic ( eg Complex, Miyamoto Kano's works) or with actual character development and original story.

Although I appreciate lovey dovey and humorous stories I am more of a tragedy/drama/psychological fan. I can take any level of smexing (after Map of tokyo savage Hoshi no yakata and baby bitch nothing can phase me).

Favourites: When a man loves a man, Totally captivated , Under Grand Hotel, The Cornered Mouse dreams of cheese.

Thank you in advance. :)

Negai Kanae Tamae - drugs, mafia, rape, psychological tragedy, drama. You will love it.
Akane Shinchi Hanaya Sange - male prostitute, drama, Soseki Natsume inspiration, dark, psychological. This one is hard to read - chaotic rough art and a lot of plain text which makes it more like light novel than manga but if you like dark twisted stories this one is really good, even more enjoyable when you know Soseki Natsume or other psychological Japanese writers.
Endless World - drugs, mindfuck, violence, delinquents, surreal, tragedy. My very top manga. Incredibly cutting edge between reality and surreal drug visions. Captivating characters, beautiful frugal art.
Let Dai - psychological, shounen-ai, josei, rape. Lightest from my proposition for you but still one of my favourite realistic stories, kind of reminds of Miyamoto Kano but not exactly.
Sweet Bitter Candy - explicit yaoi.
Natsujikan - yaoi, comedy, drama, summer. Collection of one shots.

I see that our tastes in yaoi are quite different so with all my love for Totally captivated , Under Grand Hotel and The Cornered Mouse dreams of cheese so I might not understand you well. Sorry in advance. I'm gonna try what you consider as top of hard core smexing and thanks for reminding me of When a Man Loves a Man.

Sep 28, 2011 5:34 AM

Apr 2008
Tell us what you want: i want something heartwarming could be drama or phychological or a good comedy.
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: i like natsume isaku's, yoneda kou's and suzuki tsuta's works a lot.
What you don't want: i don't really like girly characters.
Preferred length: no prefferred length but it is better if it is finished.
Other: i am really in need for a good manga now. i download many things but i don't read them i'm somewhat bored. i need something to get me back to the beautiful yaoi world:)
Sep 29, 2011 6:57 AM

Dec 2008
trmbrturin said:
Tell us what you want: i want something heartwarming could be drama or phychological or a good comedy.
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: i like natsume isaku's, yoneda kou's and suzuki tsuta's works a lot.
What you don't want: i don't really like girly characters.
Preferred length: no prefferred length but it is better if it is finished.
Other: i am really in need for a good manga now. i download many things but i don't read them i'm somewhat bored. i need something to get me back to the beautiful yaoi world:)

You like Suzuki and Yoneda so you might like those authors:
Nakamura Asumiko
Jaryuu Dokuro
Fujitani Youko
Fujiyama Hyouta
Hidaka Shoko
Katou Setsuko
Esuto Emu

Sep 29, 2011 11:10 AM

Apr 2008
thanks a lot Kythwena :) there are mangakas i don't know that you recommended. i will surely check them out.
Jan 22, 2012 6:44 PM

Apr 2008
akemichan303 said:
Tell us what you want: shounen-ai, romance, school

What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: shinkuu yuusetsu, seven days

What you don't want: rape, hardcore yaoi,

Preferred length: I like more longer ones but one shots are acceptable too

other: something with a light and kind feeling to it nothing with too much drama

thank you : )

Hmm... I'm not much of a "light" BL reader, so I didn't have very many recommendations before. But now I have a couple on my mind that you might like, if you haven't read them already. :3
Lost Boys
9th Sleep
Cute Beast
Little Crybaby
yaoiisgoodJan 22, 2012 6:47 PM
Jan 22, 2012 7:07 PM

Apr 2008
Aoi_hana said:
This will be short 'cus I'm lazy.. ^^"

Tell as what you want: almost everything, but with a little more comedy, tragedy/drama.
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: hmm.. I don't know what to write here, but similat to Love Neco, CUT, Bitter, Doushitemo Furetakunai would be great ^^
By the way, this topic is only for manga (not for doujins too? - just asking ^^") (if it's for doujins too I'd like some recommendations too, but for a specific pairing ^^)
What you don't want: I don't want to see shota or rape. And sparkles all over the place. Or smth with wierd chara design ..
Preferred length: Well, I'd like something longer - not one-shot (unless you think it's good ^^)
Other: uhm.. I don't mind if it's shounen-ai or yaoi.
Thank you very much ^.^

Sorry for the late recommendation!
Lovers Doll - same creator as Love Neco, as well as similar plot.
Mori no Animal Company - comical, though not tragic or drama filled.
Sentimental Garden Lover - like Love Neco for the "cat" part of it. Otherwise, it's slight drama.
Etowa - similar to Love Neco, drama, comedy, etc.
Ore ni Koi Shite Dousunda - warning! It's ongoing. But same mangaka as Doushitemo Furetakunai, drama, romance, and perhaps tragedy. >.> Another warning - incest.
Jan 22, 2012 10:16 PM

Jan 2008
Tell as what you want: I like it when 2 guys are manly or if one looks cute but has a surprisingly strong or manly character.
What yaois did you like of this similarity: Haven't watched very many but I really liked Junjou Romantica that was my first yaoi anime and what got me hooked. Watching Sekaiichi Hatsukoi which is alright. More on the sexy and cute "step by step" development stuff.
What you don't want: I don't really like when one of the guys looks too girly; a cute girly type. Don't like to much rape or smut.
Preferred length:: Long
Other: Thank you

Jan 22, 2012 11:40 PM

Jan 2011
Tomomi said:
Tell as what you want: I like it when 2 guys are manly or if one looks cute but has a surprisingly strong or manly character.
What yaois did you like of this similarity: Haven't watched very many but I really liked Junjou Romantica that was my first yaoi anime and what got me hooked. Watching Sekaiichi Hatsukoi which is alright. More on the sexy and cute "step by step" development stuff.
What you don't want: I don't really like when one of the guys looks too girly; a cute girly type. Don't like to much rape or smut.
Preferred length:: Long
Other: Thank you

U Don't Know Me - that's what I thought of when you said it's OK if one is cute but has a surprisingly strong personality. =) Warning: a tiny tiny bit of rape.... but it's OK...... really...
Totally Captivated - since you prefer longer ones... it's 6 volumes with some dj's. Two semes....... but one's about to get converted. ;)
Otona Keikenchi - no one's too girly in this one, methinks. ^^ and the "cute-ish" character is surprising, I feel like.
Koi Suru Boukun - I know you didn't want rape... but but.... but... this is one of the longer ones, and it's suchhhh a great story! In the poll I am doing of "favorites" in the member cards thread, it is #3 right after Junjou and Sekaiichi. =)
Bokura no Oukoku - only cuz you wanted longer ones, and I think this one is OK but the uke is a bit girly? I liked the story a lot.

I've never made recommendations before... so... please let me know what you think. ^^; Basically, the ones I've listed above - I've read them all and rather enjoyed them myself, and I think you might too... they're completed, although Koi Suru Boukun says "publishing" but it's done really. I would suggest Gravitation since you want long ones, since there's not many long yaoi/BL series... but I haven't read it myself yet. =D

Feb 2, 2012 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
Tell us what you want: Anything
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: somthing like The Royal Fiance
What you don't want: What ever. don't really care. Just need a reccomdation for a somthing like The royal fiance :D
Preferred length: I don't care
Other: Thx who ever answers :P
Feb 4, 2012 8:47 AM

Sep 2010
Tell us what you want: Comedy, romance, rape
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: I want a manga like Tsumasaki ni Kiss , or something like Keep out ...I like manga that have Yakuza there.
What you don't want: I don't want to be something with brothers
Preferred length: Doesn't matter

Thank you ~
Feb 4, 2012 1:39 PM

Apr 2008
Shinino said:
Tell us what you want: Comedy, romance, rape
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: I want a manga like Tsumasaki ni Kiss , or something like Keep out ...I like manga that have Yakuza there.
What you don't want: I don't want to be something with brothers
Preferred length: Doesn't matter

Thank you ~

Agnus Dei - Lamb of God contains rape (but no yakuza).
Forbidden Toy - rape
Giglio - rapefest
Usagi Otoko Tora Otoko - yakuza
I'll add more later. (I keep getting distracted and start reading manga's rather then searching for your recommendations.) - I had more recommendations but I took them off once I saw them already on your list. <--I always make sure not to recommend something someone has already read. :3

Hope you enjoy those for now! X3
yaoiisgoodFeb 7, 2012 7:00 PM
Feb 4, 2012 2:44 PM

Apr 2008
Ranoom said:
Tell us what you want: Anything
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: somthing like The Royal Fiance
What you don't want: What ever. don't really care. Just need a reccomdation for a somthing like The royal fiance :D
Preferred length: I don't care
Other: Thx who ever answers :P

Hmm... very vague. But I'll focus all my recommendations on how it is similar to The Royal Fiance. Well, for starters, since you like that title so much, here are titles be the same mangaka:
Shinpu wa Yoru no Hanayome - (Warning, it's a novel, not a manga) but the story was done by the same person as The Royal Fiance.
Chikan Diary - Same mangaka.
Koibito wa Hatsujouki - Same mangaka.
Kunshu no Ai wa Yoru ni Hana Saku - Same mangaka.
Mitsu no Tsumatta Joushi - Same mangaka.
Mousou Cherry - Same mangaka.
Neko Mata - Same mangaka.
Oresama Gattai Keikaku - Same mangaka.
Oujisama ni Narenai - Same mangaka.
Senpai no Mizugi - Same mangaka.

I'll add Prince-like titles, later. Hope you enjoy!
Mar 3, 2012 7:36 AM

Oct 2011
Tell us what you want: comedy, romance, slice of life
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Koisuru Boukun, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - both very funny, angsty moments, tsunderish ukes playing hard to get, plenty of sex scenes
What you don't want: extra girly uke, uke chasing after seme, characters younger than 15
Preferred length: i'd prefer a series but one-shots are ok
Mar 3, 2012 12:04 PM
Oct 2008
Tell us what you want: Tragedy/drama, angst or in any case at least a somewhat sad story. I want yaoi/shounen-ai manga that _has_ a story and the sex is (almost) irrelevant. Psychological, Slice of life, (maybe) comedy, romance. Do you happen to know a manga that has both yaoi and yuri (or any match of yaoi, shounen-ai, yuri, shoujo-ai)?
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: I don't really know if I want a manga similar to those I've read until now. I can tell you what I liked though: Totally Captivated, Endless World, Yellow, Doushitemo Furetakunai (and most of Yoneda Kou's manga), CUT, Crimson Spell, Last Client, Koi no Hanashi ga Shitai. These manga contain sex scenes, but I feel that they are different from most yaoi manga out there. So, in short, I'm looking for a yaoi manga that I can actually rate as good or even great and that isn't a ctrl+c&v of others.
What you don't want: girly guys, rape, shota, historical, bad art, awful story, sparkly scenes, chibi, a no girls manga (I mean, girls should not disappear in yaoi manga), horror (except if it's their job to handle something that might help in the development of horror scenes), sports.
Preferred length: Length doesn't matter as long as it's similar to what I've said.
Other: Recommended manga can contain more to all of the details/genres/etc. mentioned above. As long as you found the story of a manga to be special, then it's certainly what I want.
This isn't related to the recommendations. I wish for all the 6918 doujinshis to be translated into English. Do you know of a 6918 doujinshi and/or fan fiction that isn't really popular, but you like it? On second thought, it could be a popular one too, as long as it's not too popular because I've read most of them.
6918 is Mukuro Rokudo and Hibari Kyoya (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!). It doesn't matter if it's 1869 as long as there isn't anyone with 18 or 69.

(Aoi_hana is d_w_ right now.)
Thank you so much (in advance) for the recommendations! :-)
thisisoverMar 12, 2012 1:24 PM
Mar 7, 2012 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
Hi, can someone help me find this yaoi manga please. this is what i can remember...
theres this fight scene in a bar and the seme (high-class businessman/mafia?) walks stops on the stairs and looks down at the fight. he sees and challenges one of the fighters (the strongest one there), making a bet that if he loses he will have to do what he says/become his 'pet'. the fighter agrees and attacks the newcomer but he can even touch him and loses. so he's now at the whim of the elite guy... it goes on from there.
any ideas please?? =)
rachel3Mar 7, 2012 8:52 AM
Mar 27, 2012 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
poliyoyo said:
Tell us what you want: comedy, romance, slice of life
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Koisuru Boukun, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - both very funny, angsty moments, tsunderish ukes playing hard to get, plenty of sex scenes
What you don't want: extra girly uke, uke chasing after seme, characters younger than 15
Preferred length: i'd prefer a series but one-shots are ok

Hidoku Shinaide
Sugarmilk
Dog Style - best one from Motoni Modoru, plenty of sex scenes, comedy and some angst even
Doukyuusei - comedy, romance, slice of life
50 x 50 - best comedy, soft yaoi, fetishes included
Mousou Electricity
Nee, Sensei?
Sawatte, Tokashite
Free Punch
Neko no Koi
Ore wa Warukunai
Mayou Otoko
Furimuku Dake de Anata Tsumi na Otoko
Mimitabu no Riyuu

d_w_ said:
Tell us what you want: Tragedy/drama, angst or in any case at least a somewhat sad story. I want yaoi/shounen-ai manga that _has_ a story and the sex is (almost) irrelevant. Psychological, Slice of life, (maybe) comedy, romance. Do you happen to know a manga that has both yaoi and yuri (or any match of yaoi, shounen-ai, yuri, shoujo-ai)?
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: I don't really know if I want a manga similar to those I've read until now. I can tell you what I liked though: Totally Captivated, Endless World, Yellow, Doushitemo Furetakunai (and most of Yoneda Kou's manga), CUT, Crimson Spell, Last Client, Koi no Hanashi ga Shitai. These manga contain sex scenes, but I feel that they are different from most yaoi manga out there. So, in short, I'm looking for a yaoi manga that I can actually rate as good or even great and that isn't a ctrl+c&v of others.
What you don't want: girly guys, rape, shota, historical, bad art, awful story, sparkly scenes, chibi, a no girls manga (I mean, girls should not disappear in yaoi manga), horror (except if it's their job to handle something that might help in the development of horror scenes), sports.
Preferred length: Length doesn't matter as long as it's similar to what I've said.
Other: Recommended manga can contain more to all of the details/genres/etc. mentioned above. As long as you found the story of a manga to be special, then it's certainly what I want.
This isn't related to the recommendations. I wish for all the 6918 doujinshis to be translated into English. Do you know of a 6918 doujinshi and/or fan fiction that isn't really popular, but you like it? On second thought, it could be a popular one too, as long as it's not too popular because I've read most of them.
6918 is Mukuro Rokudo and Hibari Kyoya (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!). It doesn't matter if it's 1869 as long as there isn't anyone with 18 or 69.

(Aoi_hana is d_w_ right now.)
Thank you so much (in advance) for the recommendations! :-)

You made your list private -_- so I can't check if you seen it.
Oh, and I don't know what bad art is

Akane Shinchi Hanaya Sange - angsty, contain male prostitution, Soseki Natsume inspiration, dark, psychological
Kamakiri
Bannin - rape in one of stories
Bara no Hitomi wa Bakudan
Show ga Hanetara Aimashou
[url=][/url]
Double Mints
Natsujikan
Ouji to Kotori
Junai Virus
Like as the Time Will Come When it Will Rain
Shounen Zanzou
Scarlet
Zange
Who Made Him Such a Man

Apr 8, 2012 1:36 PM
Oct 2008
You made your list private -_- so I can't check if you seen it.
Oh, and I don't know what bad art is

Akane Shinchi Hanaya Sange - angsty, contain male prostitution, Soseki Natsume inspiration, dark, psychological
Kamakiri
Bannin - rape in one of stories
Bara no Hitomi wa Bakudan
Show ga Hanetara Aimashou
[url=][/url]
Double Mints
Natsujikan
Ouji to Kotori
Junai Virus
Like as the Time Will Come When it Will Rain
Shounen Zanzou
Scarlet
Zange
Who Made Him Such a Man

Oh my, I've yet to see these. Honestly, I've not read a lot of yaoi manga. I've made my list public once again, so feel free to recommend me others, too. That is, if you have time.

What I meant by bad art is something that I can't watch. This is the case with poor drawing of characters, scenery, etc. What I would like to see is more like Yoneda Kou's art style, or like the manga I've already read (At least those I've rated 8-10.).

Thank you for your recommendations and for taking a bit of your spare time for writing them. This really means much to me. I've been looking for something to read today, too. :-)

Oh, one more thing: if you happen to see these manga in the dropped list, please don't worry. That list is always 0, so it's easier to put things to read or watch first, there. I know, I know, it's confusing. Especially when it comes to good anime and manga (Like, why would I drop something made by Studio Ghibli?).
thisisoverApr 8, 2012 1:43 PM
Apr 28, 2012 2:04 PM

Mar 2009
Tell us what you want: Something that contains a lot of blood or violence hmm a murder mystery would be nice if possible or something crime-ish. Or even something to do with the mafia :)
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: N/A - I'm pretty new to BL manga :D
What you don't want: Hardcore yaoi, I'm not quite ready lol
Preferred length: Something like 8-12 chapters but I don't really mind

Thank you :3

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
Sep 22, 2012 8:17 PM

Aug 2012
Tell us what you want: Romance, Drama, Comedy, Psychological (maybe school life?)
What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: i really enjoyed Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai, Cut, and Yatteranneeze! because they focused a lot about the psychological issues of either coming out or having sexual or physical abuse done to them.
What you don't want: Anything's fine really, just make sure the art looks good and the storyline is developed.
Preferred length: Nothing over 12 volumes.
Status: i would prefer it to be finished but if not, that's fine.
Other: If you can't find any emotional mangas that include those genre's, keep in mind that i REALLY like characters (preferably ukes) that are very insecure about themselves or are very dominate in the relationship.. an example of this character would be Nanao from Mujihi na Otoko.
(I ADORE HIM <3 :D)
Oct 11, 2012 1:43 AM

Apr 2008
DetectiveRukia08 said:
Tell us what you want: Anything is fine but I'd perfer a cute story about childhood friends falling in love.

What you don't want: -rape
-really manly or girly characters
-hardcore yaoi

Preferred length: The longer it is, the better. One shots are okay.

Other: If you can find BL with any (or more than one ;D) of these themes, I'd greatly appreciate it
-shotacon/shota characters
-psychological (I know it's rare but if you know of any, please tell me; I have heard of CUT tho)
-tragedy
-incest
-a more realistic romance

thank you so much ^^

I just realized no one has recommended anything for you so I decided to help out:
Incest (because it's my personal favorite):
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/manga/24444/≠]Not Equal[/url] - incest between a father and son... the sex MIGHT be considered hard core... so read at your own risk. Really deep/emotion plot. I personally LOVE this manga.
  • Ore ni Koi Shite Dousunda - between uncle and nephew. Wouldn't call it hard core at all. Incomplete manga.
  • Bokura Wo Shihaisuru Kotoba - Brothers.
  • Brothers - pretty obvious, brothers, though only step.
  • Jan 4, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2007
    Hello :D Just joined and would like some recommendations. I'm gonna split my request into three since there are three types of yaoi (well, one not being exactly yaoi, as I'll get into soon) that I want.

A:
    Tell us what you want: story-oriented yaoi or shounen-ai. From psychological conflicts to epic fantasy to murder mystery, as long as it has good storytelling.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Sakura Gari, Sojou no Koi wa Nido Haneru and Gerard & Jacques are my favorites.
    What you don't want: I can take anything as long as it's inserted into a good story in a way that makes sense.
    Preferred length: 2+ volumes. One-volume mangas are okay if they are godly (I personally think it's very hard to write a good story in under 200 pages, but some do exist).
    Status: Completed and fully-scanlated (or almost fully scanlated) only please.

B:
    Tell us what you want: explicit yaoi. Good art. PWP is also okay.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Ayano Amane's and Fusanosuke Inariya's works.
    What you don't want: shota, extremely girly ukes.
    Preferred length: Any.
    Status: Preferably completed and fully scanlated, but I'm okay with ongoing series if they're good enough.

C: (the not exactly yaoi one)
    Tell us what you want: yaoi-bait manga. Basically, manga that are full of hot guys and that are known for having a large amount of yaoi doujin/fanfic written for it. Good art is a must, and it also needs to be interesting to read.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Noblesse.
    What you don't want: I'm okay with anything as long as it has good art, good story and bishies. >.>
    Preferred length: 5+ volumes.
    Status: can be either completed or ongoing, as long as a good number of chapters has been translated.

Thanks in advance~
    Jan 4, 2013 9:53 AM

Dec 2008
    Leninha said:
    Hello :D Just joined and would like some recommendations. I'm gonna split my request into three since there are three types of yaoi (well, one not being exactly yaoi, as I'll get into soon) that I want.

A:
    Tell us what you want: story-oriented yaoi or shounen-ai. From psychological conflicts to epic fantasy to murder mystery, as long as it has good storytelling.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Sakura Gari, Sojou no Koi wa Nido Haneru and Gerard & Jacques are my favorites.
    What you don't want: I can take anything as long as it's inserted into a good story in a way that makes sense.
    Preferred length: 2+ volumes. One-volume mangas are okay if they are godly (I personally think it's very hard to write a good story in under 200 pages, but some do exist).
    Status: Completed and fully-scanlated (or almost fully scanlated) only please.

B:
    Tell us what you want: explicit yaoi. Good art. PWP is also okay.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Ayano Amane's and Fusanosuke Inariya's works.
    What you don't want: shota, extremely girly ukes.
    Preferred length: Any.
    Status: Preferably completed and fully scanlated, but I'm okay with ongoing series if they're good enough.

C: (the not exactly yaoi one)
    Tell us what you want: yaoi-bait manga. Basically, manga that are full of hot guys and that are known for having a large amount of yaoi doujin/fanfic written for it. Good art is a must, and it also needs to be interesting to read.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Noblesse.
    What you don't want: I'm okay with anything as long as it has good art, good story and bishies. >.>
    Preferred length: 5+ volumes.
    Status: can be either completed or ongoing, as long as a good number of chapters has been translated.

Thanks in advance~

A.
    Kamakiri - good story in one volume
    Endless World - once again only one vol., dark, surreal and breathtaking art
    Under Grand Hotel - good too for category B.
    Kusatta Kyoushi no Houteishiki
    Haru wo Daiteita

B.
    For nice drawn explicit yaoi is easier for me to list authors:
    Motoni Modoru especially Dog Style
    Nekota Yonezou
    Kano Shiuko
    Asou Mitsuaki
    Miyamoto Kano
    Naono Bohra
    Duet Takao, Hiroi (Story), Kamuro, Akira (Art)

C.
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    KythwenaJan 4, 2013 9:57 AM

Jan 4, 2013 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
    Thank you!

If anyone has more recommendations, I'd appreciate them, especially for categories A and C. :)
    Mar 29, 2013 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
    hey minna, i've got a problem here, and it's that i've watched every shounen ai/yaoi anime series/oav (saddly, they r not that many) so now, i'm searching for animes that give some BL vibes.. i hope u can help

Tell us what you want: i need to watch some good anime series that focus on two males chara, about their friendship and relationship development...

What anime did you like of this similarity: in my case: The unlimited: hyobu kyousuke, juu ou sei, kingdom, hakkenden, kuroko no basket, 07 ghost, even sengoku basara or natsume yuujinchou :p

What you don't want: no official love interest (a girl between them...)
    Preferred length: doesn't matter
    ShinXIMar 29, 2013 9:35 AM
    Mar 29, 2013 11:47 AM

Dec 2008
    ShinXI said:
    hey minna, i've got a problem here, and it's that i've watched every shounen ai/yaoi anime series/oav (saddly, they r not that many) so now, i'm searching for animes that give some BL vibes.. i hope u can help

Tell us what you want: i need to watch some good anime series that focus on two males chara, about their friendship and relationship development...

What anime did you like of this similarity: in my case: The unlimited: hyobu kyousuke, juu ou sei, kingdom, hakkenden, kuroko no basket, 07 ghost, even sengoku basara or natsume yuujinchou :p

What you don't want: no official love interest (a girl between them...)
    Preferred length: doesn't matter

From long series Saiyuki come to my mind first and I did not watch it but it's Minekura Kazuya so innuendos guaranteed then maybe GetBackers - a little bit like Zombie-Loan

Antique Bakery - 4 men and interesting dynamic between them all

OVAs:
    I'll/CKBC - 2 boys and basketball
    Bus Gamer - 3 strangers thrown into strange game
    Araiso Private High School Student Council Executive Committee - 2 boys in strange highschool, not enough time for development but they are tight

Jun 25, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2010
    What's the name of this anime?

Never mind, I found it. The anime's name is "Free!".
    NolriJul 1, 2013 6:58 AM
    Aug 16, 2013 11:42 PM
    Aug 2013
    Tell us what you want: Something hardcore (rape can most certainly be included), where one of the main characters isn't in love with the other at first. Also like drama, such as betrayal and kidnapping. Unique settings (examples below) and longer hair on one of the main characters a bonus.

What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Viewfinder, Crimson Spell (unique setting), The Tyrant Who Fell in Love, Black Sun (unique setting), Sono Kuchibiru ni Yoru no Tsuyu, Yume musubi koi musubi, Hoshi no Yakata (not an example of the above, but one of my favourites)

What you don't want: The uke looking too girly or being weak. Prefer no love triangles. Don't really like older art styles

Preferred length: I've read a lot of one shots recently, so a slightly longer one would be preferred

Status: Prefer finished, but if the story is good enough (ie Viewfinder and Crimson Spell), ongoing is okay.

Aha.. I feel like I'm being super picky...
    Oct 26, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
    spaghettiobird said:
    Tell us what you want: Something hardcore (rape can most certainly be included), where one of the main characters isn't in love with the other at first. Also like drama, such as betrayal and kidnapping. Unique settings (examples below) and longer hair on one of the main characters a bonus.

What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Viewfinder, Crimson Spell (unique setting), The Tyrant Who Fell in Love, Black Sun (unique setting), Sono Kuchibiru ni Yoru no Tsuyu, Yume musubi koi musubi, Hoshi no Yakata (not an example of the above, but one of my favourites)

What you don't want: The uke looking too girly or being weak. Prefer no love triangles. Don't really like older art styles

Preferred length: I've read a lot of one shots recently, so a slightly longer one would be preferred

Status: Prefer finished, but if the story is good enough (ie Viewfinder and Crimson Spell), ongoing is okay.

I've only gone from A-G on my list, but I'll update this tomorrow. Not all of these are hardcore, but they have some of the other elements that you asked for. I'll let you know which are not.

50x50: Not hardcore. Characters deny feelings for each other.
    BreathContains drama and unwillingness in the beginning.
    Ai no Konseki: War setting. Forced sex and drama.
    Boku no Kichiku Megane: The uke doesn't look... girly, but he is a fan of shoujo manga so this might not be your thing. It does include forced sex and the seme doesn't like him at first.
    Datte Ai ja Nai?!: Forced sex. The uke is kinda girly.
    Akanai Tobira: The seme doesn't like the uke at first.
    Bi no Isu: Violent sex. Drama.
    Aigan Shounen: Drama. Rape.
    Ameiro Paradox: Characters don't get along at first. Don't think the sex scenes were too hardcore.
    Blind Love: You might want to read the prequel to this, Love or Pride, to get the full story. However, that one doesn't focus on this relationship. Drama.
    Ginkaku Hakase to Marmot: Interesting setting.
    Corsair: Interesting setting. Cannot recall if the sex was hardcore or not. Drama.
    Not Equal: Interesting concept.
    Erotic M: Seme doesn't really want to do it at first.
    Doutei Saizensen: Rape. Drama.

Some that are not in the A-G that I remember offhand:
    Kawaisa Amatte Nanika ga Hyakubai: Characters don't get along at first.
    Yokubou no Shizuku: Drama. Rape.
    Kichiku Megane: Rape. Drama.
    S: This is a novel series. It's great, if you are into novels. Drama. Reluctant sex.
    Junketsu Drop: Characters don't get along.

I really need to start tagging everything. It would make giving recommendations so much easier.
    Jun 14, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2008
    spaghettiobird said:

Explicit or rape is not my thing but here is some:
    Shisei no Otoko - hard yaoi, yakuza, rape, violence
    Otodokeshimasu - average yaoi, rape
    Negai Kanae Tamae - yaoi, drugs, yakuza, rape
    Katsubou no Manazashi - average yaoi, rape
    Hanagumi Ninkyouden - explicit yaoi, gang, mafia, rape, comedy
    Giocatore, Hokaku Keikaku. - hard explicit yaoi, porn, rape, sadomaso
    Bannin - yaoi, incest, comedy, drama, rape

Some other you might like for drama:
    Under (xGround) Grand Hotel - hard yaoi, prison, drama
    Calling Series or any other from Miyamoto Kano - drama, mostly explicit porn
    Ore ni Koi Shite Dousunda - yaoi, comedy, age gap, roommate, incest, scary look, tsundere seme, interesting setting

Feel free to dig in my tags if you like something

Edit: now I see I wasn't here more than a year and I have dig out a really old post ;)
    KythwenaJun 14, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 20, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2012
    HELP MINNA!!!!

Tell us what you want: I prefer angsty romances, with tsundere male leads, pretty art, and some smut. Doesn't have to be sex every chapter, but I like it a lil dirty. Some comedy is OK. LOVE TRIANGLES yes yes!
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: not manga, but I loved Junjou Romance and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi was everything I like about BL. Gravitation was great as well.
    What you don't want: nothing in particular.
    Preferred length: something over 10 chapters long. Under 100 chapters tho.
    All Will Be Well
    Jul 3, 2014 12:49 AM

Dec 2008
    kittenmittons said:
    HELP MINNA!!!!

Tell us what you want: I prefer angsty romances, with tsundere male leads, pretty art, and some smut. Doesn't have to be sex every chapter, but I like it a lil dirty. Some comedy is OK. LOVE TRIANGLES yes yes!
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: not manga, but I loved Junjou Romance and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi was everything I like about BL. Gravitation was great as well.
    What you don't want: nothing in particular.
    Preferred length: something over 10 chapters long. Under 100 chapters tho.

Tsundere - no problem, I like this trail too.
    Yume Musubi, Koi Musubi - yaoi, comedy, age gap, tsundere
    Ore ni Koi Shite Dousunda - yaoi, mild angst, comedy, tsundere
    Doushitemo Furetakunai - angst, yaoi, work
    Hand Which - yaoi, ill-tempered, tsundere
    Kiraboshi Dial - yaoi, angst, tsundere
    Koi no Hanashi ga Shitai - soft average yaoi, sweet, tsundere
    Suki to Iu no ni Naze Kashira - average yaoi, tsundere
    Zantei, Koibito - tsundere, shounen-ai, work

Feel free to dig in my tags if you like something

Aug 31, 2014 3:59 AM

Apr 2009
    1. Tell us what you want: I'm looking for something where the relationship isn't the main focus? It's kind of hard to explain, but I guess I'd like something where the romance comes naturally, secondary to the overall plot, or is already there when the story starts.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: I haven't really come across a story like this, but maybe a bit like No.6? I've only seen the anime and thought the BL tones weren't really that obvious; haven't read the manga yet, so I don't know if their love is more obvious there. To sum it up, like No.6 but with a more pronounced romance, I guess.
    What you don't want: Preferably nothing that contains rape and definitely no incest, please. Smut is fine, but I'd rather have something more innocent.
    Preferred length: Nothing too long, preferably under 6 volumes

2. Tell us what you want: Tragic! Something melancholic and bittersweet.
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: I really liked Akudama and Sayonara, Heron. Nanadome no Gomenne was pretty spot-on story-wise, but I didn't like the incestuous tone.
    What you don't want: Preferably nothing that contains rape and definitely no incest, please. Smut is fine, but I'd rather have something more innocent.
    Preferred length: Nothing too long, preferably under 6 volumes

I'm sorry if all of this is a bit vague, don't really know how to express what I want ^^"
    Anyway, thanks in advance!
    Aug 21, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
    Tell us what you want: Like hurt/comfort angsty sort of theme
    What yaoi's did you like of this similarity: Royal Fiance
    What you don't want: I don't like girly looking guys.
    Preferred length: Not a one shot
    Other: thx
    Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
    Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» *Birthday Calendar* ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Apr 30, 2010

937 by bajkugof »»
    May 23, 2023 7:51 AM

Sticky: » Suggestions / complaints

pupsia - Nov 22, 2009

19 by V-O-I-D »»
    Apr 20, 2023 11:56 AM

Sticky: » * Newsletter Subscription * ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rukia_23 - Jun 6, 2011

270 by whistle_of_wish »»
    Apr 30, 2022 3:01 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] The Official Member Badge Thread ( 1 2 )

Ose_93 - Dec 16, 2013

60 by MOoMOoMeadows_18 »»
    Mar 16, 2021 10:45 AM

» [Game] Yaoi Name ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Dec 22, 2009

880 by Suzune_ »»
    Feb 8, 2021 2:38 AM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.