Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2016 5:45 PM

Mar 2015
So I'm generally pretty good at editing, but there's this one particular style that I very much admire but I have no idea how to achieve the same effect that others are. I've searched everywhere and asked countless times but to no avail. Could anybody experienced enough explain to me how to create this effect within after effects perhaps? I rather not use Sony Vegas but if it comes down to that then I can do so.
Here's a clip of the effect in action.
Vine Edit

Basically it's a really quick but smooth zoom that just looks so different from when I try to pull it off. I'm pretty sure you don't get this look by simply easing in and out using keyframe adjustments. (at least not those alone)
Thanks in advance!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2016
Hmm, I would make this in the following way in Premire:

1. Select a clip and make a copy of the clip, then place it over the original
2. Copied clip gets Blur filter (seek the one that blurs around the edges of the screen) and motion effects (Start Zoom@ 115-120%, End Zoom@102%)
3. Make the copy which has the effects fade out into the original scene that has no effects, either via the normal transition or Rubberband option.
4. Do this in a time-span that is suitable for the music. In the Vine you showed, the effect is barely a second long and when repeated with the rhythm gives across a sense of smooth flow.

EDIT: Regarding 2. It is possible that the original clip might need the same Motion effect too, otherwise there may be transitional overlapping which does not look as smooth. But Blur edges+little Zoom Motion is definitely the way to go.

Regarding 3: I watch it slow motion many times and it seems the switch to the no-effect clip is via cut and not via fade. So Blur, in the next cut that zooms out less blur and just cut to normal.
VladimirLogosMar 14, 2016 2:28 PM
Some of my anime music videos: The Eternity I Desire (Romance/Drama) | Saitama's World (One Punch Man) |
--------------------------------------- Man of Sorrows (Berserk) | War of wrath (Escaflowne)
My Youtube channel: Logos studios

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
5 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:47 AM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.