Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2016 10:43 PM

Aug 2015
I don't dislike them. I do distrust them, since I don't trust anybody until I know them well enough.

Some of my Swedish cousins are muslims, and it's fine by me. I do not dislike the peaceful muslims, but obviously I do dislike the extremists who follow the quran word-by-word and keep killing people who don't convert to their beliefs.
Mar 10, 2016 12:30 AM

Nov 2009
>Do you dislike/distrust Muslims?
Yes, of course. The more religious a person is, the more I dislike/distrust him/her.
Islam has a bad track record of making their rules into laws, which makes these countries count as extremely religious and in need for a nuclear holocaust.
On a more personal scale, dealing with muslim dietary restrictions is troublesome, but I can handle it. I normally don't bother knowing whether the meat is pig or cow, as long as it isn't human, but to muslims it matters a lot. Visiting muslims usually eat only fish to be sure.
Mar 10, 2016 12:46 AM

Jan 2015
khunter said:
ModeratelyHuman said:
I hate Islam, not individual Muslims. I do distrust them though, but I distrust all strangers. It's only natural that I would be more wary around a stranger belonging to a generally more dangerous ideology than a stranger belonging to an ethnicity or ideology that has less negative stereotypes.

You'd distrust christians then many times throughout history I suppose. Would you not distrust many of them still though today? Depending on their beliefs, they can be just as stupid, spare the killings and all
Christians are predominantly white. White people are usually pretty safe to be around. Unless it's a white male student, then your chance of being a victim of a mass shooting skyrockets. I'm only distrustful of those old cooky conservative ultra Christian people, even then I doubt said Christians would actually physically harm me. That cannot be said about Muslims. Christianity is a modernized religion, unlike Islam. That's a key difference. I know enough moderate Christians to say that though I may find them stupid, I know that they are generally friendly and peaceful people.
Mar 10, 2016 1:46 AM

Apr 2010
My first urge is distrust, but I don't really have much to do with them most of the time. They learn in my university, but they mostly talk with each other in Arabic. But some of them seem nice.

Mar 10, 2016 1:53 AM

Mar 2008
khunter said:
traed said:
Dont be ridiculous. Movies dont use only Muslims They use things relevant to current events or events relevant to the themes or time period presented. They still use German and Russian villains but that doesnt mean people hate germans or russians. They use Italian mobsters but that doest men people hate Italians. They also use the US's own government as a villain in movies. Anything foreign is considred more threatening feeling to people because its less familiar. Films play into this common pssychological aspect people exhibit.

I feel nothing about Muslims as a whole, it depends on the individual or specific types of Muslims. I certainly am disgusted by extremist muslims and they make up a large percentage of Muslims. Please note that to be an extremist one does not have to be a terrorist, only having extreme beliefs.

Disliking Islamic terrorism or disliking Islam is not the same as disliking Muslims as a whole.

Never said they only used muslims. They do use them as the bad guy quite a bit. Germans are used as the bad guy in movies when they were the bad guys. Russians and north koreans are also used. Media and entertainment clearly affects certain people's attitudes towards things, so a group of people is no different. What I said wasn't ridiculous at all.

They still use Germans sometimes but usually they are a neo-nazi or part of a crime syndicate or something.

Only if they are stupid people to begin with.
Mar 10, 2016 2:03 AM

Mar 2014
No, why would I? I'm an invidualist, I don't do that group thinking shit

I do despise their religion but most of the muslims I've met were nice people and didn't care too much about it

Basically as long as they're not trying to shove their beliefs down your throat they're good
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 10, 2016 2:10 AM

Nov 2015
Comic_Sans said:

I do despise their religion but most of the muslims I've met were nice people and didn't care too much about it

True dat.
Just because I don't approve of a lot of their religious principles doesn't mean that I dislike the people who follow it.
A lot of people don't seem to understand that & straight up accuse me of being Islamophobic. I feel the same about Christianity as well.
Mar 10, 2016 4:17 AM
Jun 2013
I have enough reasons to dislike and Distrust them .

But eventually it comes down to the level of Individual .
Mar 10, 2016 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
I dislike many of the Muslims I've come across .

But I'm also Muslim .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 10, 2016 4:27 AM

Feb 2016
I just think that some of the muslim culture (especially in Arabic world) is completely incompatible with western culture. So I dislike it when people from there immigrate to west and try to sustain or even force their cultural restrictions upon us instead of adapting to fit our norms.

Still I have many muslim friends who adapted and everything is perfect. They are all highly educated though, which usually makes a big difference.
man_of_cultureMar 10, 2016 4:33 AM
Mar 10, 2016 4:28 AM

Jan 2016
Distrust? You should distrust everyone in general except those who are close to you. Stupid question.

Dislike? It depends on the person really. If I'm talking to someone who can't shut up about how great and superior his religion is, of course I will dislike him. But that applies not only to Muslims, but to people of all faiths and religions.

But I've met Muslims and Christians who are understanding and tolerant enough to not force their beliefs down everyone's throat. So what I'm trying to say is that you can't like/dislike a person without knowing him/her first. If you do, then I dislike you.
Kyusuke_RyuMar 10, 2016 4:34 AM
Mar 10, 2016 4:45 AM

Jan 2016
I don't hate Muslims as individuals but I do think that they are guilty of still associating with a barbaric religious ideology, no matter what their individual characteristics are.
Mar 10, 2016 4:55 AM

Sep 2014
Yes I distrust them. For many reasons which are pretty justified.

Dislike...hmm. Let me just say I absolutely despise their ideology. The muslims who support and advocate the violent and primitive practices of this disgusting ideology, I definitely dislike.
Mar 10, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2014
@khunter

If you look through history it's unfortunate that Muslims most of the time are the threat to other Muslims. I can't see why other Muslims let it happen though, unless the Quran is really the problem here. From what we've all seen no Muslims anywhere understand the Quran and how it is to be implemented (if it's supposed to be implemented at all that is. People even argue about Islam being a political religion.)

Islam doesn't integrate well with non Muslims, that's a historical fact that's still continuing.

That fact should outrage Muslims more, but instead they don't care when a leader like ayatollah khomeini for example rises up and exploits their religion to abuse their own human rights. It's a scary thought that Muslims want sharia in the west, because when they get it they won't criticise it in fear of criticisng Islam. The one rule is that the book is the unchanged, literal word of god. There's no logical way Islam can be a solution to anything.

Western Muslims need to know where they stand on democracy and freedom. The only Muslim protest after the Hebdo attack in England was a protest to condemn cartoons of Muhammad. And they don't leave it there, the goal is to implement blasphemy laws. Every Islamic documentary that's been released has been received negatively from Muslims. I don't think Muslims know where they stand on anything.

Look at that bastards face lol. "You'd have me killed wouldn't you?"

Choudary: "Pretty much lol"

Dick_DawkinsMar 10, 2016 5:25 AM
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 10, 2016 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
i don't like jihadists but i don't have any issues with the other muslims
Mar 10, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2015
I have been one, It's funny how people don't know anything about Islam and still talk on the subject.
Mar 10, 2016 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
SmoothJazzDavis said:
I have been one, It's funny how people doesn't know anything about Islam and still talk on the subject.
You mean like the majority of Muslims worldwide.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 10, 2016 5:29 AM

Dec 2015
Masked_Mantis said:
SmoothJazzDavis said:
I have been one, It's funny how people doesn't know anything about Islam and still talk on the subject.

An individual that doesn't follow what the Quran says, is not a Muslim.
Mar 10, 2016 5:37 AM

Apr 2014
SmoothJazzDavis said:
Masked_Mantis said:

In the bigger picture of things that really doesn't matter. Every Islamic state has it's issues, and every "Muslim" in that state thinks they're following the Quran by following Islamic laws.

This breeds the next generation thinking the same thing.
Trance said:
Mar 10, 2016 5:40 AM

Dec 2015
Masked_Mantis said:
SmoothJazzDavis said:

In the bigger picture of things that really doesn't matter. Every Islamic state has it's issues, and every "Muslim" in that state thinks they're following the Quran by following Islamic laws.

Well, the Quran clearly says that its verses are not to take in interpretation and those verses are pretty clear anyway. A lot of people lie to themselves when they tell themselves that they are Muslims.
Mar 10, 2016 5:50 AM

Feb 2015
I don't mind the ones that look and act like 'normal' people. But I don't like the shady looking ones (that goes for non-Muslims as well) or groups of them talking loudly in their own language.
Mar 10, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2009
SmoothJazzDavis said:
I have been one, It's funny how people don't know anything about Islam and still talk on the subject.

Do I need to know anything about Islam to see how bad it is in practice?
1) Islam is against fanservice, and they make their women wear these ugly all-covering clothes. That's horrible.
2) Islam is against freedom, and they keep forcing other people to live by their rules. They give horrible punishments and even kill people for things like wearing pants. That's horrible.
3) Islam breeds islamic terrorists, suicide bombers and so on. That's horrible.

I think this alone is enough for me to dislike Islam. Am I wrong?

P.S. before you accuse me of hypocrisy, I hate Christianity for the first two things too.
Mar 10, 2016 5:58 AM

Dec 2015
flannan said:
SmoothJazzDavis said:

Do I need to know anything about Islam to see how bad it is in practice?
1) Islam is against fanservice, and they make their women wear these ugly all-covering clothes. That's horrible.
2) Islam is against freedom, and they keep forcing other people to live by their rules. They give horrible punishments and even kill people for things like wearing pants. That's horrible.
3) Islam breeds islamic terrorists, suicide bombers and so on. That's horrible.

I think this alone is enough for me to dislike Islam. Am I wrong?

P.S. before you accuse me of hypocrisy, I hate Christianity for the first two things too.

You can love and hate whatever you want to.
Mar 10, 2016 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
SmoothJazzDavis said:
Masked_Mantis said:

Well, the Quran clearly says that its verses are not to take in interpretation and those verses are pretty clear anyway. A lot of people lie to themselves when they tell themselves that they are Muslims.
Then why do the majority of Muslims enjoy being under sharia law and want it imposed worldwide? If death for apostacy isn't in the Quran then every Muslim condoning that and helping implement it is a transgressor. If it's that obvious and the Quran is so peaceful and literal then this shouldn't have gone on for 1400 years.

http://people.opposingviews.com/quran-say-leaving-islam-10019.html

Scholars have failed the world for insisting the Quran can be interpretted to imply death for apostacy. Hadiths state that Muhammad said whoever leaves Islam should be killed.

It's a very "you against them" scenario. Do you not see that even thinking the hadiths are valid (where sharia can be built from) is radical and extreme? Islam can't be a good idea if scholars find hadiths saying Muhammad said kill those hwo leave Islam. It simply can't be a good idea since it's essentially undefeatable.
Trance said:
Mar 10, 2016 6:14 AM

Dec 2015
Masked_Mantis said:
SmoothJazzDavis said:

Then why do the majority of Muslims enjoy being under sharia law and want it imposed worldwide? If death for apostacy isn't in the Quran then every Muslim condoning that and helping implement it is a transgressor. If it's that obvious and the Quran is so peaceful and literal then this shouldn't have gone on for 1400 years.

http://people.opposingviews.com/quran-say-leaving-islam-10019.html

Scholars have failed the world for insisting the Quran can be interpretted to imply death for apostacy. Hadiths state that Muhammad said whoever leaves Islam should be killed.

It's a very "you against them" scenario. Do you not see that even thinking the hadiths are valid (where sharia can be built from) is radical and extreme? Islam can't be a good idea if scholars find hadiths saying Muhammad said kill those hwo leave Islam. It simply can't be a good idea since it's essentially undefeatable.

Hey, Hey. I never told anything against that.
Mar 10, 2016 6:18 AM

Nov 2014
No. One of my best friends is a muslim and I know a lot of nice people who are muslims. However I hate the extremists and strongly disagree with some of the islamic rules and teachings. It is the same with some of the Christian beliefs but there are hardly any Christian extremists today (unlike islam) so it doesn't really matter. Also I love bacon.
Mar 10, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2016
hmm everything i post here gets magically deleted, lets see if this one pass:

i DO dislike/distrust them.
Mar 10, 2016 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
I've only met moderate muslims, so no, I don't dislike them. I dislike the ones that take their religion to far, or try to use their freedom of religion to excuse barbaric practices

As far as movies go, I have not seen London has fallen, but I assume there is some huge international terrorist organisation like ISIS or something that's the bad guys.
Which is fine in my opinion, in the past the bad guys were the Russians in a lot of films, that's just the way the media works. And I assume it's not like every Muslim in London was portrayed as part of some conspiracy against the west.
Mar 10, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
I don't hate anyone. My way of thinking is that there are good and bad people everywhere/ every religion so targeting one specific group because of acts of individuals is stupid. I do know that there are many so called Muslims who are terrorist but that does not make all Muslims terrorist. There are alot of rapers/killers in Christian society that does not make them all bad.

So it's best to judge people by their actions rather then thier religion or any other affiliation. :)
Mar 10, 2016 8:30 AM

Mar 2016
Yumadu-nii said:
Well, all it takes to start a Muslim's path to radicalization is for them to read the wrong text or talk to the wrong imam about becoming more religious. The difficulty in modernizing Islam and making it more resistant to radical beliefs is in the fact that whereas Christianity has Jesus as a role model, Islam has Muhammad.

The issue with this is, there's a strong suggestion, some on the extreme end would say a commandment, to live as close to Muhammad's life as possible. Throughout Muhammad's life after becoming a prophet, he often went around in a group of warriors killing people and taking their stuff and women. You can see the problem with interpreting this in the modern day, and it's easy to see why groups like ISIS have their appeal to muslims who want to become closer to Muhammad by copying his war exploits, one of which is killing an entire Jewish tribe's men and enslaving their women and children.

Your reference? That's pathetic what you wrote. I have read history of many nations and what you are saying is totally made up nonsense.
Mar 10, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
I don't particulary dislike them, no. At least I don't dislike them for the fact that they are muslims. I dislike them if they are shitty people. And thats about it really.
Mar 10, 2016 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
I dislike the religion they practice, and I always will.
Mar 10, 2016 9:08 AM

May 2015
You forgot about the other side that keeps telling us that Islam is a religion of peace despite all the terror attacks.

I will be distrustful a little of Arabs/Muslims, yes, because I live in a conflicted region. They will also be distrustful of me and I won't blame them. However, I will try my best to behave in a pleasant, friendly manner. We may not become best friends, but if we'll both be nice to each other we'll learn to live together. That's the first step to peace.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 10, 2016 9:11 AM

Jan 2016
Absolutely not. In fact, I would like to meet a muslim (I've never met one as the muslim community in Peru is rather small) and talk with him/her about his/her religion and culture. I've always been curious about it.
Mar 10, 2016 9:19 AM

Mar 2010
I don't dislike Muslims in general - at least not the sane ones, but that goes for every religion - although I do dislike Islam. Unlike the people who spout nonsense about Islam's peacefulness, I have actually studied it, so my reasons for disliking it are pretty solid. I have to admit I don't trust Muslims, though. I have no problems interacting with them once I confirm they're good people, but as I said, I am very careful around them until that happens. I'm still polite to them no matter what I think, though. I guess it is prejudice. And no, I am not ashamed of it. It's common sense.
Mar 10, 2016 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
I never got a long with my muslim colleagues or fellow-students, mostly since they don't want to be around native Dutch people.
They prefer to stay with their own people who still speak their own language and live just like they did in the countries which they decided to leave for 'a better life' here.

Their males annoy me the most here, you can recognize them by their pride in their religion and country even though they are living in the Netherlands now.

Soon I will be living in Japan and I will no longer be bothered by these people.
Mar 10, 2016 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
traed said:
I certainly am disgusted by extremist muslims and they make up a large percentage of Muslims.

Apologies but.. what? How do you get those stats?
Mar 10, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2009
Masked_Mantis said:
In Pakistan someone's on death row at the moment for an apparent criticism of Muhammad. Her family are in hiding because most of the country want her dead, an if she is released even local imams say they'll make her pay for what they think she did. It's hard to have faith that they'll show mercy.

I think you might be confusing Raef Badawi of Saudi Arabia. Is there a way I can be linked to this news? I'd appreciate it.
Mar 10, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
khunter said:
Though this question is as relevant as ever, I ask this after seeing the xenophobic blockbuster bust that is London has fallen starring Gerald Butler, aka worst accent actor ever.

The 'bad guys' in the movie are all muslims- and in many movies this is the case as well. Media constantly portrays them as terrible people, which leads to actual people thinking this. I mean, it's rare that people in a movie theater would actually cheer for a bunch of people dying, but people seem to love it when muslims die- who seem to be the majority root of all villains in a majority of action movies. (or a lot of movies anyway)

Not that it affects me, I'm just wondering if you don't like muslims or you hate them? & would you think western media has had a hand in your own opinion?

People do bad shit in every race not just muslim ones so to single a certain race out because a group is doing bad things it's a little stupid. I've seen white people do some pretty stupid stuff as well. White kids have shot up schools or done suicide bombing, serial killing ect does that mean that all white people are bad? Same goes for any race of people. If you single a group out and say all of them are bad because a few of them have done bad things then it makes you sound ignorant imo.
Mar 10, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2014
k0k0 said:
Masked_Mantis said:
In Pakistan someone's on death row at the moment for an apparent criticism of Muhammad. Her family are in hiding because most of the country want her dead, an if she is released even local imams say they'll make her pay for what they think she did. It's hard to have faith that they'll show mercy.

I think you might be confusing Raef Badawi of Saudi Arabia. Is there a way I can be linked to this news? I'd appreciate it.

She's been on death row for a few years now, and they've suspended her execution until they decide whether to execute her or not. But as you can see it's not looking good for her even if she is released. If violence against criticising Islam becomes normal in the west, the threat of sharia and death for blasphemy becomes very real. You can't rely on the police or politicians to protect you when they know Muslims will riot if they release you. Their lives will be in danger too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33617186
Trance said:
Mar 10, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Why would I? I'm not a bigot who doesn't understand that a small yet extreme population doesn't represent the actions of a whole denomination...
Mar 10, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2009

Ah, it's the Asiya Noreen case. Reigned by a Judge of Sheikhpura, which happens to be among the more illiterate parts of the country, and taken to the Court of Lahore, Punjab, the province where much of the poverty-stricken and uneducated religious groups reside.
The Supreme Court has suspended the case, and two prominent political muslim figures had fought for Asiya's rights (and paid with their lives for it), and huge movements and outcries were forged for her protection by the educated minority of the country.

So, you see, while I cannot say that you cannot pin the blame on Islam, I can definitely say that you can pin the blame on illiteracy. Pakistan, as one country, should not be seen justifying this act. God knows how many riots broke out between the classes of Muslims which reside in it. If there is a side which caters to extremism, there is a side that exists which opposes it.

Just thought I'd clarify the details for you, since I was among the protestants myself and I do not consider the literate population of Pakistan to fall under the category of extremist muslims.
Mar 10, 2016 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
I have no reason to dislike them. No Muslim has ever harmed me, my family or friends. I also have acquaintances that are Muslim and had no problem with them. There was a Muslim girl in one of my university classes that wore a pink and black hijab and she was like the sweetest thing. Soft spoken, petite ,cute,intelligent cheerful nothing at all for me to dislike about her. Religious affiliation to me doesn't warrant trust or distrust, it's based on the individual. Anyone can be trustworthy or untrustworthy.
Mar 10, 2016 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
k0k0 said:

Ah, it's the Asiya Noreen case. Reigned by a Judge of Sheikhpura, which happens to be among the more illiterate parts of the country, and taken to the Court of Lahore, Punjab, the province where much of the poverty-stricken and uneducated religious groups reside.
The Supreme Court has suspended the case, and two prominent political muslim figures had fought for Asiya's rights (and paid with their lives for it), and huge movements and outcries were forged for her protection by the educated minority of the country.

So, you see, while I cannot say that you cannot pin the blame on Islam, I can definitely say that you can pin the blame on illiteracy. Pakistan, as one country, should not be seen justifying this act. God knows how many riots broke out between the classes of Muslims which reside in it. If there is a side which caters to extremism, there is a side that exists which opposes it.

Just thought I'd clarify the details for you, since I was among the protestants myself and I do not consider the literate population of Pakistan to fall under the category of extremist muslims.
By suspended doesn't that mean it's just on hold? That's what I've read from all the articles. They're reviewing her case that's all.

As for whether it's to do with an educated view of Islam or not that's still a rational fear. In the west nothing like this has happened, but we feel our freedom slipping away with how corrupt the police are in covering up Muslim scandals. Muslims in the west haven't experienced a case like Asiya's but they definitely still have the same views as the illiterate Muslims in Pakistan. We have Muslims in the government who say you shouldn't be able to criticise Islam, then people are shocked when Muslims protest demanding blasphemy laws. People in the west are scared of how politically correct their leaders are, and of course of islamists. They can't be called islamaphobic because even Hindus and Sikhs fear Islamic issues.

When Muslims in other countries are encouraging Muslims in the west to kill people for drawing cartoons then how are they really any different from the illiterate Pakistani Muslims you mentioned? They hold the exact same views in an increasingly insecure country.
Trance said:
Mar 10, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Ive had Muslim teachers, university tutors and friends and they've all been great guys but do I trust a whole religion of people? no of course not that would be stupid. The religion is taken very very seriously and contains a lot of things that do not mesh with western ideas. It all depends how much an individual follows said religion. If they're hardcore I think as someone who represents a lot that is considered bad in the book I have a right to be more wary around people who while they may not say it consider me the enemy or think if I were in another country I'd be stoned for one reason or another.

We have true moderates who just don't take those rules too serious but we have a lott of moderates who only tell you what you want to hear but actually do believe women should be stoned ect ect.

You just cannot judge people as good or bad on a quick glance and to judge someone bad or good based on their faith right away is lax in critical thinking. This goes for declaring anyone Muslim automatically a good person as well as declaring them bad. I choose to judge based on individuals and only if I get to know them. Until then anyone, race, religion ect is untrustworthy until proven otherwise because anyone can be a bad guy or a good guy.

SpooksMar 10, 2016 10:49 AM
Mar 10, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
Spooks said:
Ive had Muslim teachers, university tutors and friends and they've all been great guys but do I trust a whole religion of people? no of course not that would be stupid. The religion is taken very very seriously and contains a lot of things that do not mesh with western ideas. It all depends how much an individual follows said religion. If they're hardcore I think as someone who represents a lot that is considered bad in the book I have a right to be more wary around people who while they may not say it consider me the enemy or think if I were in another country I'd be stoned for one reason or another.

We have true moderates who just don't take those rules too serious but we have a lott of moderates who only tell you what you want to hear but actually do believe women should be stoned ect ect.

You just cannot judge people as good or bad on a quick glance and to judge someone bad or good based on their faith right away is lax in critical thinking. This goes for declaring anyone Muslim automatically a good person as well as declaring them bad. I choose to judge based on individuals and only if I get to know them. Until then anyone, race, religion ect is untrustworthy until proven otherwise because anyone can be a bad guy or a good guy.

Moderate Muslims is a big joke.......
Mar 10, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2009

It is on hold. There's an appeal just this month, and I'm pretty sure she'll make it and be taken under protection after all the effort the human rights groups here have put in. There's no guarantee, but her situation has been flowing in hopeful waters.

'Educated view of Islam' isn't really an accurate phrase to use, in my opinion. You see, as a Muslim who's lived in both developed and developing countries (including Pakistan), there's a very prominent pattern I've noticed: extremism is highly linked with illiteracy. The West has probably not seen much radical raids owing to its advantageous progression in the global village. It is, in the bigger picture, not about Muslims against Non-Muslims. Trust me when I say that the obscene number of Muslims attacked by Muslims themselves is more alarming. This is a strong indicator of how extremism isn't employed solely against a differing ideology, rather, it blurs all boundaries and simply targets anything that does not condone the extremist individual/party's beliefs, even if the religion they shared was the same.

I cannot speak on behalf of all the Muslims in the West. I know that there are those who have refused to Westernize themselves while demanding a place within your communities, but I also know that there's a good portion that fits in readily and accepts the norms and culture of the local residents. Having views and acting on said views are two very different things; you cannot demand a person to remove their preferences (regardless of whether they stem from religious notions or personal ones), but you can definitely demand for them to apply tolerance. This is the difference between radicals and 'normal' Muslims--the former makes no distinction between notion and action.

When you say 'West', I hope you aren't generalizing. I don't think, and I'm sure you'd agree, that the entire of West itself cannot be grouped together to share a view, just like the entire Muslim world (and believe me, Sir, it's massive and diverse) cannot be subjected to similarly.
Therefore, I would politely disagree when you say that Muslims in other countries have encouraged Muslims in the West to kill people for drawing cartoons. This is pure generalization, I assure you, because your news may tell you the gist of reactions, they fail to deliver the other side. Always. Not to mention the fact that Islam in different countries is followed differently (not the religion itself, but the societal leniency and stigmas which prevail) and many of those countries tend to mix their culture with the religion. It is more prudent for you, then, to understand that Muslims of all colours and vibrancy exist--it's just that the bad ones always tend to stick out more and the good ones are pushed behind because, somehow, goodness is always considered overrated.
k0k0Mar 10, 2016 10:54 AM
Mar 10, 2016 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
One of the two person I trust the most in my working place is a woman muslim. THe other one is a black from Martinique(but not muslim), btw.

Why would I distrust muslims as a whole? This seems such a dumb idea.
Mar 10, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
k0k0 said:

It is on hold. There's an appeal just this month, and I'm pretty sure she'll make it and be taken under protection after all the effort the human rights groups here have put in. There's no guarantee, but her situation has been flowing in hopeful waters.

'Educated view of Islam' isn't really an accurate phrase to use, in my opinion. You see, as a Muslim who's lived in both developed and developing countries (including Pakistan), there's a very prominent pattern I've noticed: extremism is highly linked with illiteracy. The West has probably not seen much radical raids owing to its advantageous progression in the global village. It is, in the bigger picture, not about Muslims against Non-Muslims. Trust me when I say that the obscene number of Muslims attacked by Muslims themselves is more alarming. This is a strong indicator of how extremism isn't employed solely against a differing ideology, rather, it blurs all boundaries and simply targets anything that does not condone the extremist individual/party's beliefs, even if the religion they shared was the same.

I cannot speak on behalf of all the Muslims in the West. I know that there are those who have refused to Westernize themselves while demanding a place within your communities, but I also know that there's a good portion that fits in readily and accepts the norms and culture of the local residents. Having views and acting on said views are two very different things; you cannot demand a person to remove their preferences (regardless of whether they stem from religious notions or personal ones), but you can definitely demand for them to apply tolerance. This is the difference between radicals and 'normal' Muslims--the former makes no distinction between notion and action.

When you say 'West', I hope you aren't generalizing. I don't think, and I'm sure you'd agree, that the entire of West itself cannot be grouped together to share a view, just like the entire Muslim world (and believe me, Sir, it's massive and diverse) cannot be subjected to similarly.
Therefore, I would politely disagree when you say that Muslims in other countries have encouraged Muslims in the West to kill people for drawing cartoons. This is pure generalization, I assure you, because your news may tell you the gist of reactions, they fail to deliver the other side. Always. Not to mention the fact that Islam in different countries is followed differently (not the religion itself, but the societal leniency and stigmas which prevail) and many of those countries tend to mix their culture with the religion. It is more prudent for you, then, to understand that Muslims of all colours and vibrancy exist--it's just that the bad ones always tend to stick out more and the good ones are pushed behind because, somehow, goodness is always considered overrated.
That's good then. These are the people that truly need and deserve help, it's a shame that there needs to be measures taken to defend people leaving Islam or "blaspheming". That will never be taken in the west without violent opposition. We've already had people killed, death threats issued, terrorists released back in our countries and lost, and people having to go into hiding. Even Muslims that speak out and form charities to try and help Muslim apostates get attacked in the west, I could list so much but it would just get off topic and take up the whole post.

I'd say your second point depends on the country. There are countries where Muslims are a victim of violent Muslims, but then there are also still quite a lot that are under islamic law that Muslims live under fine. That's not good news for apostates and other religions. They're definitely kafir and countries like that that have money are probably using the Quran for their own purposes. "Don't take Jews or Christians as friends". These islamic laws shouldn't exist but they do. I do agree that it blurs all boundaries, and that's why people should be scared of islamists in all countries. It's like communism.

As for your third point that's true, unfortunately. Crossing a border doesn't change someones literal view of Islam. But that's what the west fear, it's our leaders we fear. We actually can't demand tolerance anymore without the left saying "the bibles violent" or "it's not all Muslims". Our leaders tell us when the refugees came that they don't know who is raping women, but it's a fact that it's not Muslims. It's more serious in Islam than any other religion when you know you can't remove their preferences. Even "scholars" in the west promote extreme views and we tolerate it.

When I say west I mean a few western countries yes. Germany, Sweden, UK, Denmark etc. There are some sensible ones.

As for Muslims encouraging others, you had ayatollah Khomeinei who issued the fatwa against Salman Rushdie for writing the satanic verses. You had Junaid Hussain who encouraged the Texas Islamic shooting. You had Geert Wilders film "fitna" cause a fatwa from Australian Muslims, you had Denmark cartoonists killed and the Hebdo attacks, which also caused riots and deaths in other Muslim countries, you can just google any fatwas. This is the only religion you have an issue like this. Giving death threats to people for criticism of Islam isn't normal. And it shouldn't even be an issue of discussion and reasoning with Muslims but it still is. That shows a serious flaw with islam.

I've watched this guy from when he was just in a "racist" group, but he's written a book about what he's went through from the police just through criticising Islam. Now everyone pretty much accepts what he's been saying. I link it to show what he's gone through, and it's related because at about 18:40 he pretty much shows what we've got an issue with. "You can't go to London because we've let 450 isis fighters come back who want you dead" ~ the police.

Dick_DawkinsMar 10, 2016 11:50 AM
Trance said:
Mar 10, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2015
I dislike Islam in general.
I don't hate Muslims just because they are Muslims. Honestly sometimes I kinda feel sorry for them. There are a lot of good people but there are some vocal assholes that refuse to accept any way other then their own.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

30 by Steph »»
48 minutes ago

» MAL Sakuga Club

aemnTheTroll - Apr 16

15 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» your most memorable memory

BroDa2545 - 3 hours ago

9 by Sigma- »»
2 hours ago

» Is this the best site ever?

DigiCat - May 17, 2023

27 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - 7 hours ago

12 by starshiiine »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.