Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 9, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol magic. This series got even weirder. I mean, Ruru turned big! Lol. Just look at how happy she is to be part of the class.

I'm somewhat surprised at how well she is adapting with all this though. The girls looked cute in their yutaka, yes even you Koito. That ending though lol, fireworks.
Mar 9, 2016 8:23 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, Ruru looks like a dark elf in that human-size. Pointy ears, dark color skin. Still energetic and hilarious as before but one thing for sure is she's even cuter than Mai in Yukata Kyaa!! I said it. >_<

It almost reach the point for "Sad" ending. But still, goodbye, Ruru...

Step on a bug, literally.
MasceraMar 9, 2016 8:50 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Sep 2015
I was about to cry .......... ;o;
Good episode
Reina in her yukata <3
Mar 9, 2016 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
Probably the best episode :)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 9, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2014
This episode was fun, nice seeing Ruru. She's probably my favourite character.
Mar 9, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
Ruru's moment to shine and it was funny to see.
Tho Koito might be angry about the story that was a lie.
I wonder if we will see more of that witch granting wishes for other phantoms.
Mar 9, 2016 10:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can't believe that a Ruru focused episode is the best one.
Mar 9, 2016 10:10 AM
Feb 2015
Nice epsiode! Nothing groundbreaking in terms of action or plot, but really entertaining.
And the first couple of minutes were really good. The sound design made me feel so small :)
But I'm kind of wondering where the show is going. I know it's episodic, but normally you have some kind of goal. In Cowboy Bebop we know that there's something about Spikes past. The show even starts with a flashback. Or Pokemon, where Ash wants to become the strongest trainer. But MCPW? Is there any goal the group is trying to achieve?
Mar 9, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2012
Well damn, Ruru cleans up pretty well human sized, though Mai was still most beautiful in her yukata. Pretty fun outing, but I woulda enjoyed it more if Ruru didn't hafta hide her identity. The schmaltzy reaction to her "death" was also unneeded. You know, tweaked a bit the plot of this episode could probably sustain an entire series, or multi-episode arc at least. Here's to hoping that random witch phantom returns! :D
Mar 9, 2016 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Ruru turned big in this episode!

The girls looked cute in their yukatas.
Mar 9, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2016
This was the best episode.
Mar 9, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
I'm just glad I got to see Koito in a Yukata. She made me laugh when she gave Ruru that coffee too. "How sad!" lol.

Overall it was a decent episode. Not the best.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 9, 2016 10:55 AM

Jan 2015
My favorite episode of the series tbh. I would have liked to see Ruru die, not because she's an annoying character, but because it'd have been more interesting.

The Witch Phantom's design tho! It was truly beautiful. Didn't see such a great character design in months.
Mar 9, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Human sized ruru is pretty hot.

Did they really have to add balls on that cat lol.
Mar 9, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty fun episode with Ruru turning big. The girls look really cute in their yukatas... specially Mai. Koito and Reina were cute too. Sensei though.... It would be nice if Ruru naturally had the ability to grow
Mar 9, 2016 11:19 AM

May 2009
How many eps left ?
Mar 9, 2016 11:22 AM
Mar 2013
another meh episode focused on the worst character imo. I really wish this had a story to it instead of being episodic.
Mar 9, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2009
Ruru was very cute

Mar 9, 2016 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
even though this anime is beyond saving, that episode was a huge improvement over the dross of the last 5 episodes.
Mar 9, 2016 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
VanishingKira said:
Wow this was almost interesting when Ruru died but nope...she didn't die.

Honestly would've preferred if she had died since she's the most annoying character in the series.

This is pretty much a summary of how I felt about this episode, so I have nothing else to say.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 9, 2016 12:17 PM

Dec 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
VanishingKira said:
Wow this was almost interesting when Ruru died but nope...she didn't die.

Honestly would've preferred if she had died since she's the most annoying character in the series.

This is pretty much a summary of how I felt about this episode, so I have nothing else to say.

Ditto with you guys.

(Also I swear that a lot of the Phantom designs look like reject Pokemon/Digimon)
Mar 9, 2016 12:27 PM

Oct 2015
A good chapter. I guess if the phantom witch appears in others episodes?
Ramune-Lulu was... nice, nothing more that this. Too clamsy without be cute.
Was obvious that the explosion don't kill her. This is not that kind of anime.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 9, 2016 12:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wow, is there ANYTHING Mai doesn't look sexy as hell in? @___@

lol cute episodes, ruru so kawaii

the haters of this show are so fucking vocal

where are the people like me who will defend it?
EcchiGodMamsterMar 9, 2016 12:40 PM
Mar 9, 2016 12:30 PM

Oct 2015
Loved this episode.Ruru as a human was so cute,I loved her hair style.Loved how she fooled everyone with that story.Loved the yukata's.
Mar 9, 2016 12:46 PM

Jan 2015
Mamster-P said:
wow, is there ANYTHING Mai doesn't look sexy as hell in? @___@

lol cute episodes, ruru so kawaii

the haters of this show are so fucking vocal

where are the people like me who will defend it?

I'd defend it tbh.
People just had too high expectations to begin with.
I bet that if this was animated by another studio, it'd have had a
postive reaction.
Mar 9, 2016 1:01 PM

Feb 2015
HAHAHA i like this episode overall XD
i expected it will turn emotional at the end even tho it was just a joke XD
that witch phantom is so nice tho....grating people phantom's witch like that XD
Ruru with that size reminds me of Lala from To love ru tho......or maybe someone think the same thing too ?
in the end is it 1 cour or 2 cour ? split cour ?

Edit: That witch phantom design....to be HONEST! that was freaking sexy and cool design imo :D
Mar 9, 2016 1:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Xenocrisi said:

I'd defend it tbh.
postive reaction.

yea people are always expecting so much....

so kyoani decided to mix it up this time by not focusing on the "story/plot" of a show

so fucking what?

so that means this can't be a good fun/cute/hot show that deserves a s2?

and for you "but in the light novel/manga" people

a good good many of us don't even read manga or light novels so we wouldn't know
Mar 9, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
New Phantom, new possibilities. Magic, in other words.

I have a somewhat cliché'd feeling about this episode. Nothing wrong with that though, if they work it out correctly, which was decently done here. Decent overall.

You're a wizard harry!/5

Mar 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2014
lmao when she blew up. Funniest shit ever.
Mar 9, 2016 1:55 PM

Jan 2015
Mamster-P said:
Xenocrisi said:

I'd defend it tbh.
postive reaction.

yea people are always expecting so much....

so kyoani decided to mix it up this time by not focusing on the "story/plot" of a show

so fucking what?

so that means this can't be a good fun/cute/hot show that deserves a s2?

and for you "but in the light novel/manga" people

a good good many of us don't even read manga or light novels so we wouldn't know

>Plot summary "...develop new powers, only to stumble upon secrets surrounding Phantoms and the circumstances surrounding the mysterious bombing of the Alayashiki Research Facility."
>Mentioned at most one time.
>Sounds badass and intriguing yet we got moe sol.
Hence all the backlash.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 9, 2016 2:04 PM
Nov 2015
I hope the witch appears in more episodes.
Mar 9, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
Best. Episode. So.Far!!

Ruru got her own episode despite being anime exclusive. KyoAni showed some more independence from LN (that went into the direction I kindof dislikes (I haven't read it, waitin' for translation). I don't understand why everyone thought that Ruru died... Why would she sacrifice herself? Or maybe they forgot how fast she really is?

Yeah, and I like the girls in yukatas. They finally had different hairstyles #EkiadoxApproves

Now what I really want is for this anime to develop into they own, better path in eventual second season and to get bigger score on MAL in this way. For me, it has sooo much potential!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 9, 2016 2:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
bobzanny said:

>Plot summary "...develop new powers, only to stumble upon secrets surrounding Phantoms and the circumstances surrounding the mysterious bombing of the Alayashiki Research Facility."
Hence all the backlash.

if people by now havent learned they wont get EVERYTHING they expected out of an anime, then they either

havent seen too many shows

only watch certain types of shows

or are wasting their hopes
Mar 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2015
Mascera said:
Wow, Ruru looks like a dark elf in that human-size. Pointy ears, dark color skin. Still energetic and hilarious as before but one thing for sure is she's even cuter than Mai in Yukata [s]Kyaa!! I said it. >_<

Well, because her hairstyle is weird for me, she got the second place in that form for me. #TeamMai

Mar 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2007
Let the hate train running. I liked the episode, however. This season will end without anything significant happening because it will only cover volume one of the novel with day-to-day days spent by the main characters.

I wonder how many of us will actually follow if they plan to make a sequel of this anime since volume two of the novel is polar opposite and probably would be the darkest stories adapted by KyoAni (if adapted i.e).
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 9, 2016 2:24 PM

Jul 2015
DrBlock42 said:
But I'm kind of wondering where the show is going. I know it's episodic, but normally you have some kind of goal. In Cowboy Bebop we know that there's something about Spikes past. The show even starts with a flashback. Or Pokemon, where Ash wants to become the strongest trainer. But MCPW? Is there any goal the group is trying to achieve?

Well, first the team of MCs wanted to get better in kind-of -club-ranking but it looks like they forgot about it or simply aren't the worst anymore. I'm still curious when Koito will join the team and stop being solo like Kirito from SAO did. Friendship power, Koito-san!

Mar 9, 2016 2:27 PM
Dec 2012
"I have no more room for anything..." - Ruru

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sry, I just had to...
Mar 9, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
expectation of the total sales of bluray:2000
no more than that and kyoani has to rely on free again
Mar 9, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2015
Nice episode. Ruru was super cute.
Mar 9, 2016 2:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Human sized Ruru looked so adorable. I loved her socks she was wearing, the style was certainly unique in my opinion.
I've been waiting to see a Ruru centered episode.

The ending to the episode was so troll. Haruhiko on his kness crying and Ruru casually shows up like nothing happened. He just pulls her by the hair, come on Haruhiko show a little love to Ruru, hug her at least.

shanimebib said:
Let the hate train running. I liked the episode, however. This season will end without anything significant happening because it will only cover volume one of the novel with day-to-day days spent by the main characters.

I wonder how many of us will actually follow if they plan to make a sequel of this anime since volume two of the novel is polar opposite and probably would be the darkest stories adapted by KyoAni (if adapted i.e).

I don't think KyoAni would adapt volume two since. The thought of seeing dark stories in a KyoAni show, hmm I can't picture it. Bittersweet probably.

Mar 9, 2016 5:36 PM

Jan 2015
Mamster-P said:
bobzanny said:

Hence all the backlash.

if people by now havent learned they wont get EVERYTHING they expected out of an anime, then they either

havent seen too many shows

only watch certain types of shows

or are wasting their hopes

So we as anime fans should be happy that the summary of a show has more plot and intrigue than 10 episodes of the series?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 9, 2016 5:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
bobzanny said:

So we as anime fans should be happy that the summary of a show has more plot and intrigue than 10 episodes of the series?

well if plot is all you care about then i guess not lol
Mar 9, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2014
Enlargedcat said:
lmao when she blew up. Funniest shit ever.

literally me lol
was the ending supposed to be a joke? it tried really hard to be sad or something but it didnt work at all with how ridiculous the entire shows been until now. idk i wont say it was bad but just okay i guess.
Mar 9, 2016 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
Ruru as always so cute :3
I don't know if anyone notices but that cat that was with Ruru, he got some big balls ahahaha i noticed that and started laughing xD
That ending was so pretty, fireworks particles flying everywhere and landing on that beautiful water, damn :D When that phantom firework exploded i wasn't sad, it was impossible that she would die xD This is not Clannad or some feels anime, this is Phantom World :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 9, 2016 6:07 PM

Jan 2016
Stick Ruru

in your mouth
Mar 9, 2016 6:18 PM

Mar 2009
Such a cute Ruru episode. ;_;

At least she finally got her ramune.
Mar 9, 2016 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
Human Ruru is cute! CUTE!

Mar 9, 2016 7:00 PM

Nov 2014
Ruru is pretty cute!
Hi there
Mar 9, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
Human Ruru is cute. I wish she could turn back into human and her original size.

The witch is cute too.

I like this episode.
Mar 9, 2016 7:23 PM

Feb 2016
Pretty sure this is the most important part of the episode: Cat balls

Thats about all I took from this episode....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.