Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol there's more fan service than I had expected. Those bath scenes ;) Kiki also looks great imo.

Torou's introduction was funny and I think her voice works quite well. Her flirty personality is how I remembered in the manga. Her connection with Obi is interesting though.

Mar 7, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
A stop by because of the rain. A lady, also customer (Mizuki-san), appears.

Bath time and lol @ guy's (especially Nobu's character) having talk about girls. Then talk about cooking because the male friend / guard of prince cooked before. Peaceful and fun night. Wait, so the customer knows Nobu's character?

She is requested by someone to get his son, who ran away from home, back and she asked him to help out. It progressed easily until she got attacked and fell. The past talk. He rejected her offer to pair up with her again because he enjoys his time with them. Everyone found them and not only her case is closed, Nobu's character's "friend" understood why he rejected her offer. lol @ the prince jealous about Nobu's character gets to ride with the main girl.

The king is up to something again next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2016 8:04 AM

Sep 2010
I'm so glad Obi has found a place where there are people he cares for to the point he doesn't want to leave. It's too bad Zen is the only one who has not ridden a horse with Shirayuki. XD

Gasp! Is the next episode...

Edit: I had to correct 'rode' to 'ridden'. It was bothering me. XD
DaisukiMar 7, 2016 6:11 PM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 7, 2016 8:38 AM
Feb 2016
A nice paced episode with good background information. I mean I have always kinda figured Obi has had a bad past since the way he was in the beginning of season one. I seriously love Obi though for giving Zen a hard time about Kiki and Shirayuki. I also felt bad about Obi scars ;(. I do think he still likes his "Miss". BUT we all know it can not work so move on boy. Kiki and Mitsuhide were also cute this episode I really hope they end up together. I was hoping for some more cute moments between Zen and Shirayuki but maybe need week.
NEXT week Izana get on the Zen&Shirayuki train it's leaving with or without you. I hope Zen asks Shirayuki to marry him and that will be the end of it! Oh my waiting a whole week to find out is going to be rough.

(Side note for anyone that could help. Where can I get the manga in English? I have been trying to find it and I can only find it in Japanese. Thank you!!)

Team Shirayuki&Zen
RockStargirl20Mar 7, 2016 8:46 AM
Mar 7, 2016 8:40 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Kiki is so charming that even Shirayuki was blinded by her.

Way to go Mitsuhide, you can't find any women better than Kiki as your wife!

It would be great if Zen also employed Trow as his underling too like Obi, she would be a nice addition to female character in the castle

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 7, 2016 8:52 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty boring episode this time around. Even for this show, it really feels like very little of value actually happened.
Mar 7, 2016 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
Nice side story for Obi, comparing his previous life to current one.

Kiki being the blinding goddess figure to Shirayuki was hilarious haha.
Mar 7, 2016 9:11 AM

Oct 2012
Obi <3
Loved how Kiki nonchalantly suggested Obi as a candidate for Mitsuhide's wife lol
Mar 7, 2016 9:38 AM
Feb 2013
lol the different variety of expressions zen made! so glad to see obi has a place where he belongs! XD
Mar 7, 2016 9:41 AM
Aug 2015
Why the fuk is shirayuki always riding with obi? Why the fuk is she always having these intimate moments with obi? I feel like they should let a girl come by that starts to get all over Zen and then Shirayuki can finally get jealous for once.

Also obi needs to know when to fuck off already

I cant be the only one getting annoyed by this... jesus christ
Mar 7, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
We got a little fanservice in this episode!

Obi's background story was nice!

Zen is the only one never ride a horse with Shirayuki!
Mar 7, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
hmm, not a bad episode. loved all the character interactions this episode.
loved Shirayuki being blinded by Kiki in the bath.
Seems obvious the best person for Mitsuhide is Kiki. Loved how Kiki suggested Obi as his wife XD
Seems like we got a lot of Obi this episode. He definitely likes where he is at now and seems to have no interest in going back to what he used to do.
Mar 7, 2016 10:22 AM
Feb 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Pretty boring episode this time around. Even for this show, it really feels like very little of value actually happened.
it was mostly focused around obi thus why it must have felt preety boring to you
Mar 7, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2012
Wisely_Done said:
Why the fuk is shirayuki always riding with obi? Why the fuk is she always having these intimate moments with obi? I feel like they should let a girl come by that starts to get all over Zen and then Shirayuki can finally get jealous for once.

I wouldn't really call those intimate moments, since they have always been and will always be one-sided. I agree with wanting a girl to momentarily make Shirayuki jealous, but the reverse harem tendencies are strong with this story at times.

Anyway,

Mar 7, 2016 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
They already skipped the Mitsuhide chapters which included some of my favourite parts in the manga including:

It was a bit sad tbh, particularly because the skipped chapters had a Mitsuhide's conversation with Shirayuki that made me an even bigger Mitsuhide fan; a conversation which turned out to be really important for Shirayuki and Zen's future.

Besides, they didn't really do my favourite parts of this chapter any justice.

If that wasn't enough, they are going to skip a lot of chapters. When I said a lot, I mean A LOT (including the entire Assignment to the Northern Territory Arc, and our lovely Kiki's past arc 💔)

and go straight to the marriage meetings so that they can end the anime.

This also means there will probably never be any sequel after this season after all.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 7, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2014
shanimebib said:
They already skipped the Mitsuhide chapters which included some of my favourite parts in the manga including:

It was a bit sad tbh, particularly because the skipped chapters had a Mitsuhide's conversation with Shirayuki that made me an even bigger Mitsuhide fan; a conversation which turned out to be really important for Shirayuki and Zen's future.

If that wasn't enough, they are going to skip a lot of chapters. When I said a lot, I mean A LOT (including the entire Assignment to the Northern Territory Arc, and our lovely Kiki's past arc 💔)

This also means there will probably never be any sequel after this season after all.

Looks like I would need to read the manga, the adaptation seems far away from faithful.

This episode wasn't bad at all, it is good to show that Obi stays with the group not only because he loves Shirayuki but also because he belongs to the group.
Mar 7, 2016 10:42 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty much just a filler after an arc. Waiting every week is killing me. I want to read the manga but knowing me, Im gonna lose interest in this anime if I did.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 7, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
shanimebib said:

Well you cant put everything in an anime adaptation with limited episodes.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 7, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well Duhh.. a bath scene was expected.. but centered around Obi was well appreciated
Mar 7, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2012
Aw man, I really liked the relationship between Obi and Trow. Would of liked to see more of her.

The Mitsuhide x Kiki ship is too strong. Not that I don't ship it or anything. Gotta hop onto the manga soon.

Mar 7, 2016 11:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Obi focused episode is always good. I like Trow. :D
Mar 7, 2016 11:48 AM

May 2014
We get a bit of fanservice
Kiki was awsome
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 7, 2016 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
This season has a lot of Shirayuki skin revealing scenes as compared to the almost nonexistent ones in the prequel – they showed her feet for the first time earlier this season, during her visit to Tanbarun while walking through the hidden path and getting lost there was a brief focus on her thighs, while kidnapped with Kazuki there was another brief moment of focus on her thighs as she ripped the hem of her dress, and now we have this bath scene. Along with that, while the prequel had the first episode of long hair ultra cute Shirayuki, this season has more Shirayuki cuteness and adorableness with her ponytail version being incredibly kawaii and her loli form being super duper kawaii.

Ahem... moving on... This episode was a bit about Obi (but the Shirayuki blushing in the bath and her ponytail form were the highlights). Obi meets an acquaintance from his old days and they go on a mission together just like old times. And he stays out a bit too long and Zen gets mad at him for not returning.

Obi has changed a whole lot after coming under Zen. Previously he wouldn't get close to anyone and now he's close to a bunch of people and is attached to them. Previously since he wasn't attached to anyone, no one really cared about him. Now he's got people who would get worried sick if something were to happen to him.

Obi really likes teasing Zen "every time I would remember those words, you'll show up naked in my mind" lol.
Mar 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Feb 2015
great episode overall. a new character appeared....and i expected that she knew Obi.
this episode is about another development between Obi and the others, i guess ?
well, i like this episode. the joke was really funny too btw XD
Kiki X Mitsuhide.....the ship is going to sail...... :D
Mar 7, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Mar 7, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2015
Very fun episode centered around Obi. Really like the interactions between Obi and Trow. Wish they brought her to the castle, I thought she was cool. Also, I really love how everyone gave off this really warm feeling towards the end, like a family.
Mar 7, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2014
NanteF said:
danieltortoisee said:
it was mostly focused around obi thus why it must have felt preety boring to you

Can't deny it. I mean, I like Obi and all, but his past just wasn't very interesting at all. That, and I want to see a lot more moments between Zen and Shirayuki than we have been so far.
Mar 7, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
aaah episode for obi
I see this anime becauser of him hahhah it´s true
obi and his thoughts of shirayuki.........
warning !warning! when he hold her hand and say that about to treat the deep wound on his chest
he still have a wound in his chest------>shirayuki..........
and that moment when he see the hair on the neck of her.....
will things get more complicated???? i hope sooo hahhahha
Sunakko-ch4nMar 7, 2016 1:51 PM
Mar 7, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2015
Nice one!
I still think Obi is the best character in this 2nd season
Mar 7, 2016 3:01 PM

Sep 2008
Mizuki Nana!!!
Oh... such long time I haven't heard her in anime... ;_ ;
Mar 7, 2016 3:07 PM

Feb 2013
Yeah, Mitsuhide should marry Obi. Thanks, Kiki LOL
Loved the manservice this ep <3
Mar 7, 2016 4:06 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That manservice XD. Nice to know more about Obi.

5/5
Mar 7, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
A nice relaxing episode with a ton of funny moments and some interesting backstory for Obi. I really loved the funny moments in the batch with Obi teasing Zen and omg the Mitsuhide x Kiki moments were so cute! But yea overall a pretty chill episode with showing how much Obi really has changed from his past and It looks like the next episode will be about marriage! Hopefully Zen proposes to Shirayuki soon!

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Mar 7, 2016 4:36 PM

Dec 2013
Loved the episode. The return of someone from Obi's past triggers some nice flashbacks. He really was a wild animal back then compared with what he is now, and it's all thanks to Zen and Shirayuki that he's changed so much.

The Mitsuhidde Kiki moments were some of the best all season, though I really wish they'd put in that goodbye kiss moment. It would have been hilarious!

Overall this episode was just chill to watch, with little to no action, but enjoyable nonetheless.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 7, 2016 6:07 PM

Aug 2013
It was nice to see a bit of the past of Obi. We already knew that he was badass, but it's nice to see he had a hot onee-san.
Now, all I need left is some KikixMitsuhide and the circle will be complete. No seriously, we need some serious confirmation for that pair. They're cute together, in a stoic way.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 7, 2016 6:31 PM
Apr 2015
i'll take any kind of Obi backstories anytime :))
I love that Kiki and Mitsuhide interaction.
Lmao Zen jealous because Shirayuki is on Obi's horse.

three eps left :(
i seriously need to continue the manga after this season.
Mar 8, 2016 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
thats it keep pushing kiki x Mitsuhide good good
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Mar 8, 2016 7:35 AM

Oct 2008
This was a fantastic episode imo. Had a good mix of romance, comedy and action. And a lot of Shirayuki being cute, especially when Mitsuhide was being picked up lol.

Mizuki Nana omg what a extravagant one-episode guest <3 It's been awhile since I've seen her in anything.

shanimebib said:

That's to be expected. It's really quite lucky that 2 cours were decided from the start so we got to enjoy so much, because the first season didn't sell well at all. I'm rather glad that they're not going to end it in the middle of nowhere.
Mar 8, 2016 8:31 AM

Oct 2015
tsubasalover said:
A stop by because of the rain. A lady, also customer (Mizuki-san), appears.

Bath time and lol @ guy's (especially Nobu's character) having talk about girls. Then talk about cooking because the male friend / guard of prince cooked before. Peaceful and fun night. Wait, so the customer knows Nobu's character?

She is requested by someone to get his son, who ran away from home, back and she asked him to help out. It progressed easily until she got attacked and fell. The past talk. He rejected her offer to pair up with her again because he enjoys his time with them. Everyone found them and not only her case is closed, Nobu's character's "friend" understood why he rejected her offer. lol @ the prince jealous about Nobu's character gets to ride with the main girl.

The king is up to something again next.

Nice summary. Couldn't have put it better.
Nice to see Obi meet someone.
Wish that KikixMitsuhide happens. So Zen is getting married next?

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 8, 2016 8:39 AM

Sep 2013
Ow, stop it Shirayuki.
Obi will just fall harder and harder for you.
Kindness can be cruel sometimes. :/
Mar 8, 2016 9:22 AM

May 2014
Erika___ said:
Ow, stop it Shirayuki.
Obi will just fall harder and harder for you.
Kindness can be cruel sometimes. :/

I agree
So cruel indeed
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 8, 2016 12:04 PM

Nov 2014
I just can't.... It's obvious that shirayuki won't end up with Obi and that's why I like Obi so much. He's restraining himself so much in that episode! I'm glad that most of the characters are getting developped. Next episode supposed to be dedicated to Zen's future right? Can't wait!

Mar 8, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2015
So this episode focused on Obi. Awesome. So next episode, and probably episodes after that, will be about marriage? I'm interested.

Mar 8, 2016 1:23 PM
Dec 2013
always nice to have a bit more Obi
Mar 8, 2016 6:15 PM

Dec 2015
I WAS WAITING FOR TOROU!!! <3
Ahhh they portrayed her so well :'D
Obi x Torou *-* I really hope he can get her. Like seriously.

The scenes in this episode were hilarious tho XD

Excited af for the next episode~ I hope they'll get to do Kiki's past, because I need those Kiki xMitsu moments!!! >///<

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Mar 8, 2016 7:01 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Obi episode AHHHHHHHHHH <333

Obi x Torou <33

Kiki getting jealous OMG. I wished they show more Mitsuhide x Kiki moments together

OMG Zen marrying Shiraiyuki OMG OMG AHHHHH <333
Mar 8, 2016 8:36 PM

Nov 2015
Wisely_Done said:

Whoops, ObiYuki shipper here. I know there's no chance of them ending up together, but a girl can dream.
you don't win alone. that's just how it is.
Mar 8, 2016 8:53 PM

Nov 2013
Fanservice and ships everywhere
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 10, 2016 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
Even Shirayuki was enchanted by Kiki!
I like Obi's friend, they look cute together!
Mar 10, 2016 5:53 AM

May 2010
The yuri and yaoi bonding this episode though, didn't expect. I swear Shirayuki ate some yuri drugs this episode. "She didn't choose me either!" lmao I wouldn't mind more of it Ok but seriously, I liked all that bonding. I prefer slice of life far more than action, anyway so... yeah.

MitsuKiki scene was fun as always, felt like Mitsuhide was trying to imply that if it's Kiki, then he might consider marrying. Not sure though. It was lowkey anyway.

Probably my favorite episode yet, it was refreshing. And I would love to see Trow again, she's fun.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.