Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 3, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
Mayuka said:
Tylaen said:

That is almost every anime every season that isn't currently the most popular.
this was popular though?

and a few of my elitist friends keep on raving over how good this show is lmao

"The most popular" belongs to Erased this season, yknow.

Your friends don't sound very elitist to me, as I imagine the kneejerkers with the club name probably weren't that impressed. I'm sure you'll have a conversation about this shows vices with them, so I don't have to phone type several paragraph so eh! Good viewing!
Apr 7, 2016 8:23 AM
Dec 2009
I guess we're going to learn even more about Mary's past in the next episode. This felt like a break episode although the whole show has been paced slow and steady so I don't know if it was really needed.
Apr 8, 2016 11:37 PM
Aug 2014
I start to like Mary more, but i also get those dangerous vibes that shes frightening my HaruYume Ship.
Best insert song so far.
Apr 16, 2016 6:37 PM

Feb 2013
Another solid episode.

Ranta x Yume hints? what's up with that. Plenty of Haru x Mary going on (them legs!) Why can't we see the others training too?
Apr 17, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2008
Maybe I haven't been paying attention all that much or I've simply forgotten. I don't know. But, aren't they essentially stuck in another 'world'? I know their memories have been becoming jumbled about terms/words they used to know and they don't really remember much, but don't they at least feel that they don't belong there?

It just seems strange that they seem to have accepted their situation without trying to find a way back 'home', even at the start of the series.
Apr 23, 2016 5:44 AM

Oct 2013
I feel kind of ambivalent about this episode. Not gonna lie, the first half was pretty boring, but it was also peaceful and relaxing (like much of the series has been), so I didn't really mind that it dragged a bit because I could just soak in the atmosphere, I guess...? Another one of those things that reminds me of Mushishi (the entire series has had an atmosphere very similar to Mushishi for me).

Second half was especially lovely though. The "training" was hawt and lolz, but what is especially noteworthy is how likable Mary has become. She's a doll.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 15, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2015
@bobzanny your signature is hilarious :)
Jun 30, 2016 7:44 PM

Apr 2015
The scenery and songs are so beautiful, this series is doing amazing as an SoL. Good development overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2016 1:10 PM

May 2012
Okay episode, let's see what's next.
Aug 25, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
Are they foreshadowing the future couples? Meh not a fan of it. But what can I do, romance panders to the audience. I think they should deal with more important matters like yeah changing hunting grounds and monsters to grind. Just imagine.. if goblins can play chess the kobolds in those mines might be secretly gathering uranium and making nukes. Who knows.
Oct 16, 2016 6:59 AM

May 2015
"Well, having all of them would be better" damn i like how she thinks xD

now the question is...who did haru think about hmm? yume or mary.

it seems like we've been getting a lot of mary and haru time and a lil bit more ranta and yume. idk

a chill slow episode 3/5
May 20, 2017 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
Dat booty.
Had a feeling Haruhiro would go see Mary.
Holy shit! Dem legs!
Dat Barbara art. LAWD!
Dat Haruhiro and Mary scene.
Barbara! Lawd! Dat body.
I want to fully exoerience her spider.
Sit on me Barbara!
Barbara is pro-harem? LAWD! Let Haruhiro wife her.
I want Barbara to slam that booty on me.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 22, 2017 9:40 PM

Mar 2012
They decided to change their training location to the Mines /end episode.
Jun 18, 2017 4:28 AM

Dec 2015
Haru mentioning the mines was very dumb, and continuing to talk about it was senseless. He really isn't for to be a leader if he lack empathy so much
Aug 22, 2017 7:48 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty relaxed episode. Funny how Haru didn't knew what to do on his free day.

Mary looked so cute when Haru met her at her tenement and it's also nice to see how Shihoru be expansive. At the beginning she was so shy and couldn't even say a word.

Interesting what Kikkawa said about Damrow and how dangerous it is to go there. Seems like a lot of goblins from new town went there and making trouble.

I knew it wasn't a good idea of Haru to mention the cyrene mine. Of all things the place where Mary lost her friends. That's hard and her reaction was predictable. Her scene afterwards with Haru was beautiful. I was as happy as Haru when I heard what Mary said. I also had some tears in my eyes. HaruxMary? :)

And then the episode made an one-eighty. Damn that scene with Barbara, the fanservice was real. The light Haru can see got a little bit explained even if it wasn't to much. But it was a good decission to learn new skills before they go to the cyrene mine. The training with Barabara for sure is intense haha. Of course she asked Haru about the girls and if he has interest in one of them :D

I hope everything will go well in the next episode. I'm a little bit scared.

Jan 11, 2019 10:00 PM

Jul 2016
Rob said:
Dat booty.
Had a feeling Haruhiro would go see Mary.
Holy shit! Dem legs!
Dat Barbara art. LAWD!
Dat Haruhiro and Mary scene.
Barbara! Lawd! Dat body.
I want to fully exoerience her spider.
Sit on me Barbara!
Barbara is pro-harem? LAWD! Let Haruhiro wife her.
I want Barbara to slam that booty on me.

She certainly is an interesting character...
Feb 22, 2019 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
There is usually barely anything happening already and this was a "day off" episode... Yeah it definitely was too boring.
Apr 29, 2019 4:05 AM

Feb 2018
Ahhh Mary so cute.
Sep 14, 2019 1:24 PM

Nov 2016
You simply can't deny that Barbara(-sensei) is best girlplease teach me too

And I grew really fond of Mary, even more for the fact that she's ready to face her fears. Love the trust she's having in her new friends.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 17, 2020 2:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Gotta say I’m really liking how they’re basically chilling in this world, no overlooming threat that they have to save the world from. Just a bunch of friends living day to day going out hunting to make a living. Too bad it’s almost over though, will almost definitely continue it on in the manga. Darn you short 13 episode seasons of actually good anime!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 25, 2021 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
Modern_Poison said:
I feel like I'm the only one who ships Haru x Yume :P

akatsuki_breaker said:
Modern_Poison said:
I feel like I'm the only one who ships Haru x Yume :P

I'm with you there :D

Though, looking at Yume and Mary...may the best girl wins.

nothing against that but fct is

Haru x Mary

Ranta x Yume

MrNTR said:
So they switching over from Yume to Mary now? I don't really mind a love triangle if its done well and it hasn't really felt forced so whatever.

But man, how is it that nothing ever seems to really happen in this anime and yet time just flies by when I watch it? A slice-of-life drama in a fantasy medieval setting; I don't know if its because this combo works so damn well together or if its because the author is a genius. Now he can spend a ton of time focusing small character interactions/development and mundane daily life stuff without having to advance the plot, meaning its much harder for him to run out of ideas. Genius.

Ginpachi said:
Didn't liked it that much... I know they're settings the mood but it was kinda boring. The only redeeming part was the training scene. Pretty funny ^.^ not because of the hentai(?) Part though... Imo

Oh and btw, I don't need action to like a show.

Right, leave it to you to like the most pointless part of the episode just cuz it had "action." Though they did kinda go into the light that the MC keeps seeing so it wasn't completely pointless.
Ginpachi said:
MrNTR said:
So they switching over from Yume to Mary now? I don't really mind a love triangle if its done well and it hasn't really felt forced so whatever.

But man, how is it that nothing ever seems to really happen in this anime and yet time just flies by when I watch it? A slice-of-life drama in a fantasy medieval setting; I don't know if its because this combo works so damn well together or if its because the author is a genius. Now he can spend a ton of time focusing small character interactions/development and mundane daily life stuff without having to advance the plot, meaning its much harder for him to run out of ideas. Genius.

Right, leave it to you to like the most pointless part of the episode just cuz it had "action." Though they did kinda go into the light that the MC keeps seeing so it wasn't completely pointless.

Nah not really about the physical action, but the whole script, the interaction between the character, were way more dynamic. While the rest of the episode was really static...
allenjke said:
With couple of insert songs i thought it was quite nice or just not that bad, but at this point i really think that there should be some sort of limit.
With how they pairing Mary and Haru i think i was rather strange how he suggested to go to syrene mine considering her past and i think that he is not a dumb mc and quite sensetive. And for this memont i don't think that it was some adaptation mistake.
Still shipping Yume x Haru and once more no obligatory ass shots =/

there was Never Haru x Yume so no switching, this 2 have always been close friends

also i was reading wiki and as i got it Haru x Mary was a thing even in real world before they were summoned in to that world

my own thought about Ranta and Yume i think this 2were childhood friends in real world baste on their type of chemistry

Sakaitsu said:
Haru x Mary seems real, it's too bad because I liked Yume. Great episode as usual, the pacing is perfect

i am sure that Yume x Ranta will happen some day
Sugram22Mar 25, 2021 2:28 AM
Oct 12, 2021 11:39 AM

Nov 2020
Mary in casual clothes is beautiful ngl

May 24, 2022 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
Haruhiro x Mary is confirmed but it gets dragged on by amnesia arc, meaning they can't set in stone/confirm for a long time, i read that that's where the novel is at

i really hope they cut out the amnesia arc for the series, amnesia stories are annoying
May 27, 2022 11:16 AM
Nov 2020
I'm not an expert but that isn't normally how you train someone. what is he supposed to learn? dayummm
Dec 6, 2022 1:30 AM

Nov 2022
The conversations and chemistry between the characters feels so... Relatable. No wavy, shaky eyes, no repeatedly, super obvious blushing, just human interaction.
Dec 30, 2022 10:25 AM

Dec 2022
Haruhiro has a special gift.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Apr 16, 2023 11:17 PM
Jan 2023
Grief is a "stage" that everyone as humans have to confront sooner or later, always expecting that it won't come the day. I liked a lot how the topic is approached in the series. For those that had loosed someone dear talking about them, about the loss it give strength to keep up.
Jul 29, 2023 1:33 AM

May 2020
Last episode it was them who faced their past and moved on, now it's Mary's turn. Though I'm not sure if conquering the mines would be easy but this would've had come sooner or later, so better be sooner.

Also please more screen time for sensei... PLEASE.
Jan 11, 8:34 AM

May 2009
I was kinda surprised the scene in the tavern somehow held off showing Mary's face up until she actually stood up. I was wondering whether the other characters were taking going into the Mines too lightly, and I was right. Still, <3 Mary~

Meanwhile, Barbara's probably my least favorite character, outranking Ranta in that regard lol. That whole scene didn't feel like a training montage as much as just torture-fetish fanservice.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 6, 6:17 AM
Apr 2016
Definitely shipping Haruhiro and Mary now.
Apr 12, 11:13 PM

Dec 2022
Surprised that Haruhiro only realised that their talk of exploring the Cyrene Mine was a sore subject for Merry. The party didn't want to return to some random section of woodland because they're still brooding over Manato, but so you would think they'd be similarly wary about bringing up a much more distinguishable landmark.

Barbara's training is brutal, to the extent where I'm not even sure if you can call it training. She's just ragdolling Haruhiro like he's a human punching bag. What exactly is he learning here?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

466 by T-h-u-n-d-e-r »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.