Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 9 Discussion

Jul 26, 2017 11:07 AM

Ugh, Shin had to get himself in trouble by badmouthing his master's rakugo. Bad timing, too, since Miyokichi was around...

Oh yeah, Miyokichi is evil. She's getting her revenge on Yakumo by stealing his best friend and ruining their promise to keep rakugo alive.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Sep 28, 2017 6:58 AM

It was a really nice episode. I truly like the final scene with the lamp swinging and those lighting changes, It was awesome!
Karasuno Fight!!!

Jan 8, 2018 3:47 AM

It's been like that ever since. Nobody wants changes, especially the elders. Tch. I feel really bad for Shin. He was expelled over a stupid fucking thing. I mean, sure he was rude, but their master raised him, but heck it was all out of their emotions, I guess. Idk anymore. :/ Well, that old man was so harsh towards Shin. Fuck that. Shin didn't deserve that bullshit. I fucking hate these elders!

That asshole of a journalist. Did you really think Kikuhiko will let you insult his precious friend? Fuck you, maaan.

Idk, but it seems like Miyokichi is so desperate for love after being dumped by Kikuhiko, but she's in good hands; it's Shin after all. I hope Shin isn't just some rebound. Miyokichi, don't you dare. Please be good to each other.

And just like that, Konatsu was formed in Miyokichi's womb. Hihihi. :3
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Feb 26, 2018 1:35 PM

After a great debut, Sukeroku got expelled for going against what he thinks will kill rakugo if there are no changes, that together with Yakumo dumping Miyokichi (and her anger to that) lead to both her and Sukeroku getting closer, mixing their negative feelings.

Looks like she also got pregnant and will leave the city with Sukeroku, who knows what might happen next.

Apr 25, 2018 6:43 PM

Miyokichi is understandable to me. For her, it must feel like someone she dearly loves and would do anything for completely shafted her expressions of emotion.

Fundamentally, this has to do with how Kiku and Miyo are people who developed completely opposite reactions to abandonment. This is obvious when we see the advice he gives her... Kiku was abandoned as a child, and scared of abandonment. So now he has a hard time connecting with people and tends to isolate himself and set his goals on something 'objective' like rakugou. Miyokichi would change herself to be what someone needs because she has lost so much and just wants someone to stay with her.

"Does he even like women?" I think Miyo suspects Kiku's affections towards Sukeroku and that's part of the reason she is doing this. Just like before, when she accused Sukeroku of stealing Kiku away from her. She is aware of how much he values Sukeroku.

Honestly, Sukeroku and Miyo could be good for one another, but knowing that their deaths are likely imminent I am sure they aren't.

Apr 6, 3:51 PM
thot patrol

shit sort of went down this episode. idk there's something about this show that makes me freaking love it. character development is crazy

Apr 12, 3:34 AM

He doesn't know what to do?
Things like stop drinking and being more modest maybe?

May 26, 7:42 PM

Pretty intense episode. While it was obvious that Miyokichi and Yakumo were going to have a fallout, I didn't expect the repercussions to be so immediate. Sukeroku got expelled and essentially lost everything, no longer able to do what he loves. Miyokichi is pregnant with someone's child (I don't think it is Sukeroku's, because I'm not sure where Yonatsu would have gotten her hair color from if that was the case). And Yakumo is obviously feeling isolated and alone. I think it is significant to note that he wanted Sukeroku to obtain the Yakumo title. These events affect the perspectives of people decades into the future.

Jul 22, 11:02 AM

Holy shit, when did this show get so good? Every episode it gets better and better.
come with me empty human

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store