Forum Settings
Forums

To you personally, how are Waifus and fan-service related?

New
Mar 3, 2016 11:21 PM

Aug 2015
The title says it all. Also, what makes your waifu your waifu?

I don't have waifus now so I can't say anything about this matter.

EDIT, I do believe that fan-service scenes most likely triggers one's interest on Waifu, and that what makes her a waifu is her action, her thought,.. just everything about her.

Sicnarf24Mar 3, 2016 11:25 PM
Mar 3, 2016 11:24 PM

Sep 2009
I assume people like to see fanservice of their waifus...?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Mar 3, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2015
They're not, you disrespect your waifu if you only see her as a fappable character.

'What's make your waifu your waifu?'
-Senpai-Mar 3, 2016 11:36 PM
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 3, 2016 11:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
For me if a female characters sex appeal is not flaunted, they won't be my favorite character lol

i NEED a mix of sex appeal and character

so zoom in on their tits and ass every once and awhile, AS WELL AS having a personality that i like, and were good
Mar 3, 2016 11:27 PM

Dec 2015
I had always assumed people said this in a joking way about their favorite character who happens to be female.

However, after getting an account on here I realize they are much more serious than that.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 3, 2016 11:29 PM
Jan 2013
Waifus relating to...... Fanservice? ಠ_ಠ
Puh-lease, my waifu is pure, aint none of that fanservice satanic thingy
gone bai bai
Mar 3, 2016 11:32 PM

Apr 2013
While there is quite a lot fanservice of my waifu, there are enough girls with lots of fanservice that I don't even like. So I guess you could say it plays a role somehow, but not as big as a role as her personality.
Mar 3, 2016 11:33 PM

Sep 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
I had always assumed people said this in a joking way about their favorite character who happens to be female.

However, after getting an account on here I realize they are much more serious than that.
Even if they say that they're not joking, they're joking (or atleat that's what I want to think).
NasalShark said:

Mar 3, 2016 11:33 PM

Jul 2014
There's no such a thing as waifu to me, just.. favorite characters
(i thought waifu and such was just a joke until i joined MAL)

From what i heard, wiafu material is pure, so i guess no fanservice.
Mar 3, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2015
-Senpai- said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

Even if they say that they're not joking, they're joking (or atleat that's what I want to think).

Okay good :D

So you won't get offended by the fact that your waifu is poopy!

Lol JK, although I have two waifus and I refuse to only pick one.
They're sexier and smarter than all other waifus combined.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 3, 2016 11:35 PM
Aug 2014
I don't have a ''Waifu'' but I do choose my best girl based on personality and demeanour. I don't need fanservice to choose my fav girl. Of course, appearance is also a factor but it is not a major factor when compared with personality and demeanour.
Mar 3, 2016 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
Waifus? pffft, husbandos are way better.
Mar 3, 2016 11:37 PM

Dec 2015
Gensan said:
There's no such a thing as waifu to me, just.. favorite characters
(i thought waifu and such was just a joke until i joined MAL)

From what i heard, wiafu material is pure, so i guess no fanservice.

Haha you and me both :D

People have gotten literally pissed when I said I didn't like a certain character type because their waifu was that character type.

It's serious buuzznusss
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 3, 2016 11:52 PM

Sep 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:

Okay good :D

So you won't get offended by the fact that your waifu is poopy

On MAL:

IRL:

Lol JK, although I have two waifus and I refuse to only pick one.
They're sexier and smarter than all other waifus combined.

I already made a thread about how I feel about people with multiple waifus....they're a disgrace to the anime community.
NasalShark said:

Mar 3, 2016 11:53 PM

May 2014
My waifu understands my obscure fandoms.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Mar 3, 2016 11:59 PM

Sep 2014
Mamster-P said:

so zoom in on their tits and ass every once and awhile, AS WELL AS having a personality that i like, and were good

Yet, you're fawning over Mai, who's like a copy/paste of a lot of various tropes of other hot, huge oppai characters. Not judging since I have a pretty crappy sense of character taste, it's just pretty ironic to me.
Mar 3, 2016 11:59 PM

Nov 2015
waifu show off skin, service fans

btw just had to throw this in there: Your waifu is trash, all of you!!

teehee
Mar 4, 2016 12:01 AM

Oct 2014
I do believe that too much fan service does detract from a good waifu. None of my favourite characters are from ecchi anime.
Mar 4, 2016 12:04 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Elegade said:

Yet, you're fawning over Mai, who's like a copy/paste of a lot of various tropes of other hot, huge oppai characters. Not judging since I have a pretty crappy sense of character taste, it's just pretty ironic to me.

you can't find a character today that isn't a copy paste of some character of the past

and yea she sexy as hell as well as a big sister personality, which i always love

and they show off her sex appeal

all that = win
Mar 4, 2016 12:06 AM

Jun 2008
As long as your waifu is not a straight up whore, I think it's fine.
Mar 4, 2016 12:07 AM
Apr 2015
Well your waifu is basically your wife/gf and of course you want to see your wife's everything. Everything, unobstructed.

Same goes for me.
Mar 4, 2016 12:07 AM

Oct 2014

She wears shorts under her skirt to avoid pantsu fanservice, but I think that makes her even cuter.
Mar 4, 2016 12:09 AM

Jul 2014
Im not super serious about Waifu's like other people but still I love my Waifu as much as the next guy

Fanservice and liking a character goes hand in hand honestly, it's kinda like getting extra points on a test you got a 100 on

only adds to the goodness

People who call a girl there waifu because there super fanservicey are shallow people that don't deserve a waifu
Mar 4, 2016 12:10 AM
Jan 2015
Well my waifu doesn't get much fanservice scenes, but when she does, its glorious.

My Queens

Mar 4, 2016 12:18 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
JustALEX said:

ain't nothing wrong with straight up whores, thirsty girls are the best

get this "pure" bullshit outta here

we all with penises know we want us a freak
Mar 4, 2016 12:18 AM

Apr 2014
I'm sorry but I don't have waifu, I do have a harem though..
Mar 4, 2016 12:27 AM

May 2014
Mamster-P said:
JustALEX said:

ain't nothing wrong with straight up whores, thirsty girls are the best

get this "pure" bullshit outta here

we all with penises know we want us a freak

I agree. Waifus are people too, you can't just bottle up until your husbando comes along.

Freaky is always good. Let's get Lemmy in here.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Mar 4, 2016 12:33 AM

Nov 2009
Elegade said:
Mamster-P said:

Most characters are just a sum of some common tropes. But some of them are a combination of [a]all the right tropes[/b]. That's what makes them special for a viewer/reader.
Mar 4, 2016 12:33 AM

Jun 2008
zombie_pegasus said:

She wears shorts under her skirt to avoid pantsu fanservice, but I think that makes her even cuter.

Thankfully Misaka Imouto gave us a loophole...

^Would love to see the real Biribiri in these...
Mar 4, 2016 12:35 AM

Nov 2009
JustALEX said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Thankfully the Misaka Imouto gave us a loophole...

But we know that Misaka Imouto isn't wearing the same kind of underwear original Misaka does. The scientists failed in finding out what's Misaka's favorite underwear, and that's why her imoutos don't wield the power of lightning like she does.
Mar 4, 2016 12:36 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheFilthyCasual said:

I agree. Waifus are people too, you can't just bottle up until your husbando comes along.

dudes be lying as if they don't just wanna stick they dick into their waifus like we do with real women lol

stop hiding that shit, u know if your waifu was like "hey you wanna fuck right now" yo ass is saying "FUCK YES"

sometimes you gotta unleash the thirst lol

whotf has a waifu they dont think is sexy?
Mar 4, 2016 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
-Mahesvara said:
Well my waifu doesn't get much fanservice scenes, but when she does, its glorious.

This also proves why Mayumi was best girl.

OT: My waifu doesn't even have fanservice, so...
Mar 4, 2016 2:09 AM

Feb 2015
month ago, i didn't have any waifu, but now....just because of one character named Megumin.....LOL
i know what kind of girl that i like now.
Ma Waifu : Glasses, Short Girl, Upbeat or kind, Short hair, Mysterious, Cool, and cute.
Example: Megumin. i like her because she is cute and cool X3

See ma profile, number one girl is ma no 1 waifu XD
Mar 4, 2016 2:16 AM

Sep 2014
Waifu in my dictionary is just anime crush, which is something we focus more on romantic interest, not sexual interest. So, I dun think it relates with fanservice?
Mar 4, 2016 9:08 AM
Dec 2014
waifu material is a certain character archetype. (sexual) fanservice doesn't have much to do with.

But I can not take all this waifu shit seriously. I always assume that is some kind of roleplay by weebs for other weebs.
Mar 4, 2016 9:09 AM
Dec 2014
flannan said:
JustALEX said:

Thankfully the Misaka Imouto gave us a loophole...

But we know that Misaka Imouto isn't wearing the same kind of underwear original Misaka does. The scientists failed in finding out what's Misaka's favorite underwear, and that's why her imoutos don't wield the power of lightning like she does.

the eyes of the clones were so shit in index. Luckily they changed that
Mar 4, 2016 3:09 PM
Jan 2015
Illyricus said:
-Mahesvara said:

This also proves why Mayumi was best girl.

OT: My waifu doesn't even have fanservice, so...
You're god damn right that she's best girl.
-MahesvaraMar 5, 2016 9:08 AM
My Queens

Mar 4, 2016 3:17 PM

Oct 2012
The whole idea "waifu" makes me cringe.
Personally, it's just a good joke.

Come at me, waifufighters.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
Mar 4, 2016 3:20 PM

Feb 2013
For me "waifu"/husbando is a character I like the most, for whatever reason. the one you get pissed off and would defended If someone insult them.

For others waifu is " that character I most fap to"

Mar 4, 2016 3:20 PM

Feb 2016
The character I would most consider my waifu doesn't actually have fanservice. And I don't mind it. I like her because of her personality, morals and design. The absence of fanservice is actually kind of why I like her.
Doing nothing of importance.

Anime | Manga
Mar 4, 2016 4:40 PM

Aug 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
I assume people like to see fanservice of their waifus...?
I don't like sexual fanservice of my waifu. I disliked my waifu Belldandy being scantily clad in one of the episodes of this OVA http://myanimelist.net/anime/9611/Aa_Megami-sama_2011 .
Mar 4, 2016 4:50 PM

Oct 2015
I really don't see the logic that would link fan service and waifus. Consider:
Fan service contains cliché elements. Fan service will often portray lots of different characters in the same, sexualised light, essentially making all the waifu candidates the same in a fan service context. If fan service decides your waifu, then the fan service is your waifu. If your waifu is your waifu because of her personality or a unique trait she has, then that is a proper waifu.
Mar 5, 2016 5:56 AM

Feb 2013
Appilesh said:
I really don't see the logic that would link fan service and waifus. Consider:
Fan service contains cliché elements. Fan service will often portray lots of different characters in the same, sexualised light, essentially making all the waifu candidates the same in a fan service context. If fan service decides your waifu, then the fan service is your waifu. If your waifu is your waifu because of her personality or a unique trait she has, then that is a proper waifu.
what if its unusual fan service like those bear girls from YKA
man i love bear girls so much
cats do nothing for me anymore
so fuckin kawaii
gao gao
Mar 5, 2016 5:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
What? You shouldn't sexualize your waifu in the first place so how does this have any correlation whatsoever?
Mar 5, 2016 6:14 AM

Aug 2015
I picked my waifu for her personality and looks. I like everything about her character. She has a lot of fan-service scenes though, which I don't mind the least. I used to hate fan-service and thought that it ruined the series if there was too much of it, but her character made me change my views little by little. Nowadays I don't mind fan-service, but I still prefer series that have little to none.
Mar 5, 2016 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
What? You shouldn't sexualize your waifu in the first place so how does this have any correlation whatsoever?
wait, people don't fap to their waifus? my whole life is a lies!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 5, 2016 6:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kuma said:
HaXXspetten said:
wait, people don't fap to their waifus? my whole life is a lies!
Well I'm sure some heathens do but yeah you definitely shouldn't

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

19 by Ex-Aid »»
50 seconds ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 11 hours ago

23 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

983 by SebasL21 »»
2 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

67 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

211 by TitanOfPlasma »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.