Forum Settings
Forums

What would you change to make a bad anime decent?

New
Mar 3, 2016 10:17 PM

Nov 2015
Ever seen an otherwise decent anime that was shit just because of one huge flaw?
Change dat shiet!!

I'd probably speed Clannad up 2X. It would make a fine romance/sol anime..

As for Mahouka, I'd probably 86 Miyuki & Tatsuya. The supporting cast are actually more interesting than the main characters..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2016 10:18 PM

Feb 2015
I think Golden Time would have been a great show, but then they suddenly added ghosts and shit.
Mar 3, 2016 10:21 PM

Sep 2015
Elfen Lied, they could, uhmm...maybe, uhm. You know what, forget it. Elfen Lied is doomed, there's nothing you could change. Once shit, forever shit.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 3, 2016 10:23 PM

Sep 2009
-Senpai- said:
Elfen Lied, they could, uhmm...maybe, uhm. You know what, forget it. Elfen Lied is doomed, there's nothing you could change. Once shit, forever shit.

You could cut out all the weird awkward ecchi moments, and it might be better.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Mar 3, 2016 10:23 PM

Jul 2014
Toaru Majutsu no Index could have a third season, then it would have consistent quality.
Mar 3, 2016 10:26 PM

Oct 2014
I think Hyouka would have worked better if it was only 13 episodes. Another should have either stepped up its game to work as an actual horror anime or do an Elfen Lied so that the whole thing is just humorous. None of it was scary and it wasn't even funny until episode 11. Glasslip would have been better if it focused on Sachi and Hiro, Hina, or the chickens. It's a shame that the worst characters got the most screen time.
Mar 3, 2016 10:27 PM

Nov 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
-Senpai- said:

You could cut out all the weird awkward ecchi moments, and it might be better.

Either that or you could make MC-kun take advantage of that retarded grown ass toddler girl..

Actually scratch that, rape jokes aren't funny..
Mar 3, 2016 10:30 PM
Sep 2015
To make something decent, I would make it fast paced, plot or character driven and development of characters or plot-successive ending...
Mar 3, 2016 10:39 PM
Jan 2016
FREEZING could have been the good anime .If they had used the MC properly .(He was useless in the whole anime)
Mar 3, 2016 10:40 PM
Oct 2014
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou had so much potential, but they tried to shove too much into 12 episodes, and it ended up being confusing as heck, especially toward the end.

If they had taken the same story and extended it to two seasons it could have been one of my favorites, possibly on par with High School DxD.
Mar 3, 2016 10:42 PM

Apr 2015
UBW with more SOL, lots of monologues and mechanics actually explained instead of shown for people who didn't read the VN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2016 10:52 PM

Aug 2015
I wish Hyouka had an actual plot instead of the boring SOL mysteries.
Mar 4, 2016 12:01 AM
Jan 2015
If it only took one flaw to fix in order to make a "bad" anime decent, then the anime in question must not be very bad to begin with.
My Queens

Mar 4, 2016 12:14 AM

Nov 2015
-Mahesvara said:
If it only took one flaw to fix in order to make a "bad" anime decent, then the anime in question must not be very bad to begin with.
b-but clannad?
It's terrible but could've been better if it were sped up or condensed into a one cour show...
Mar 4, 2016 12:16 AM
Jan 2015
GesuYarou said:
-Mahesvara said:
b-but clannad?
It's terrible but could've been better if it were sped up or condensed into a one cour show...

I haven't seen Clannad, so I can't say for myself lol
My Queens

Mar 4, 2016 12:17 AM

Dec 2013
GesuYarou said:
-Mahesvara said:
b-but clannad?

There's a movie if you really want it to be sped up that badly.
Mar 4, 2016 12:18 AM

Sep 2015
Uh, I got one.

Take Dagashi Kashi, remove Hotaru, 10/10 masterpiece.
NasalShark said:

Mar 4, 2016 12:26 AM

Aug 2015
-Senpai- said:
Uh, I got one.

But Dagashi will have 0 plot without Hotaru's master plan to turn Kokonut into a shopkeeper.

All I would say is to give less screentime to Hotaru and focus everything to best grill Saya. Automatically , 8/10
Mar 4, 2016 12:31 AM

Mar 2015
Get back the romance and comedy in "My Teen Romantic Comedy TOO"
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Mar 4, 2016 12:32 AM

Sep 2015
Z-Dante said:
-Senpai- said:
Uh, I got one.

But Dagashi will have 0 plot without Hotaru's master plan to turn Kokonut into a shopkeeper.

All I would say is to give less screentime to Hotaru and focus everything to best grill Saya. Automatically , 8/10
Who needs plot anyways? Saya is enough to carry the whole show.
NasalShark said:

Mar 4, 2016 12:57 AM

Sep 2015
If they took the blonde kid out of Clannad, it would make everything a lot more bearable.
Still wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't hate it as much.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 4, 2016 1:33 AM

Nov 2015
ItsMaz said:
If they took the blonde kid out of Clannad, it would make everything a lot more bearable.

The blonde kid was one of the only good things about it..
Mar 4, 2016 1:44 AM

Sep 2015
GesuYarou said:
ItsMaz said:

The blonde kid was one of the only good things about it..

Couldn't stand him. One of the worst and most forced 'comedic' characters I've seen.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 4, 2016 1:47 AM

Jul 2013
Dedicate Mahouka entirely to Onii-sama's godlike abilities instead of throwing up boring dialogues in a café. That would make the thing at least more funny.

Remove Shuu from Guilty Crown as the main character and put wheelchair girl instead. Then make Segai the main villain.
Mar 4, 2016 1:56 AM

Aug 2015
SAO: Remove the romance and the Harem

Although i do think SAO is a good anime, but the romance and harem is just... No
Mar 4, 2016 2:24 AM

Apr 2013
HanHam said:
To make something decent, I would make it fast paced, plot or character driven and development of characters or plot-successive ending...

Anime watchers, really... If you make it fast paced, it will usually badly impact the plot's complexity, character development, and so on.
Mar 4, 2016 3:22 AM
Sep 2015
Zefyris said:
HanHam said:

Anime watchers, really... If you make it fast paced, it will usually badly impact the plot's complexity, character development, and so on.

I am saying this for some animes only... Like Clannad, Durarara, Angel Beats, etc... So...
Mar 4, 2016 3:34 AM

Apr 2015
Let Sugou got Asuna, make her mind broken and then betrayed and backstabs Kirito during his fight against Sugou and I'll change my SAO rating from 3/10 to 10/10 and it should even deserve on the top of my favorites!!!
Mar 4, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2013
You said:
Let Sugou got Asuna, make her mind broken and then betrayed and backstabs Kirito during his fight against Sugou and I'll change my SAO rating from 3/10 to 10/10 and it should even deserve on the top of my favorites!!!
You are a diabolical mastermind... I like it :)
Mar 4, 2016 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
Make madoka magica a yuri. I have a feeling it was intended to be one, then they took a different direction.
Mar 4, 2016 4:06 AM

Dec 2014
Make DanMachi's leads the blonde haired girl and not-Klein.

Make Charlotte's latter half less of a trainwreck. (Or at least somewhat extend the show)
Mar 4, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2015
I would make the characters of Another more interesting and make Kagome from Inuyasha less tsundere.
Mar 4, 2016 4:37 AM

Nov 2012
Replace Devil May Cry's filler storyline with the story of the 1st or 3rd game and it would be a good video game adaptation.

Add at least 10 extra episodes to Grisaia no Kajitsu to make the anime more comprehensible and watchable to non-vn readers.
Mar 4, 2016 4:50 AM

May 2015
SilentAnswer said:
I think Golden Time would have been a great show, but then they suddenly added ghosts and shit.

Yes. Drop the retarded amnesia plot device, flesh out the side characters some more and add spice to the MC. You can still keep the childhood friend temptation to shove in drama, as long as it's handled decently this time around. Golden Time is a great example of quick-fix shows.
Mar 4, 2016 5:05 AM

Dec 2015
There are only three certainties in life.
Death, taxes and highschool based anime.
Mar 4, 2016 5:07 AM

Sep 2015
Just change it's genre to yuri and everything will be perfect.
Mar 4, 2016 5:09 AM

Oct 2015
-Senpai- said:
Uh, I got one.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW DARE YOU REMOVE THE SOLE REASON OF WHY I KEEP WATCHING THE SHOW URGG BIABDUDDBA *dies of anger*

GDSpeed said:

Although i do think SAO is a good anime, but the romance and harem is just... No

how about removing SAO from existence ? that would be better
Mar 4, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2015
While Baka to Test is by no means a bad anime series IMO (it is quite decent/average one overall especially in comparison to other rom-com series like Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Oregairu and Toradora. All of these rom-coms are enjoyable to watch though), I thought it would have been better if Yuko (Hideyoshi's older sister) should be one of the two main heroines of the MC (and his childhood friend) instead of the pink-haired Mizuki. Yuko's character is quite intriguing at best (more interesting than the two main heroines of the MC) but she suffers a bit from having less screen time among the major characters in the entire series (especially in the light novels) while Mizuki's character is reliant on plot conveniences to make her be relevant throughout the entire series especially in the latter volumes of LN (and even so, she's kind of weak character overall).
Frankies_MonsterMar 4, 2016 5:37 AM

Mar 4, 2016 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
OssMoses said:
GDSpeed said:

But if you removes SAO from existence, how I can get Sinon's ass then? :(
Mar 4, 2016 5:48 AM

Jun 2015
If only Guilty Crown had some decent writing, it could have been a great sci-fi thriller.
Mar 4, 2016 5:52 AM

May 2014
Give any 12 episode series that only adapted half of the source material a proper ending/conclusion.
Mar 4, 2016 8:07 AM

Dec 2015
-Senpai- said:
Z-Dante said:

Who needs plot anyways? Saya is enough to carry the whole show.

Do I smell a dagashi kashi saya spin off???

OT:
There are some anime I gave a lower rating due to poor pacing of the plot, too many random occurances, characters acting out of place or the entire cast being too bland.

I felt after story would have been better if the characters had stronger personalities that stood out.
I also would have rated most of the ecchi series higher if they had more consistent plots and original character development.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 4, 2016 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
Illyricus said:
OssMoses said:

You have the magnificent ass of Sugou but the first thing you think of is Sinon's ass?

Smh fam. I thought you were better than this..
Mar 4, 2016 8:28 AM

Jul 2013
hoopla123 said:
Illyricus said:

You have the magnificent ass of Sugou but the first thing you think of is Sinon's ass?

hoopla, plz, only Sugou's ass? Why only the ass when you can have everything :D
Mar 4, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2013
Illyricus said:
hoopla123 said:

You lack dedication.

A true SAO fan would be going for that scrumptious Sugou ass.

Once you go rapist fairy king, you never go back
Mar 4, 2016 8:31 AM

Nov 2015
hoopla123 said:
Illyricus said:

Did you mean Sugou or Suguha?

Sugou:

Suguha:
Mar 4, 2016 8:32 AM

Jul 2013
hoopla123 said:
Illyricus said:

You lack dedication.

Oh, hoopla, showing your unlimited wisdom, as always. You will left Iroha for Sugou-kun at this rate...

I'm kidding, you, as a true man, will never left her ;)
Mar 4, 2016 8:36 AM

Apr 2013
GesuYarou said:
hoopla123 said:

Sugou:

Suguha:

How dare you compare the great Sugou sama to that incestuous filth that is known as Suguha.

You disgust me. Repent before you fall deeper into the abyss.

Illyricus said:
hoopla123 said:

You lack dedication.

Oh, hoopla, showing your unlimited wisdom, as always. You will left Iroha for Sugou-kun at this rate...

I'm kidding, you, as a true man, will never left her ;)

I would never leave Iroha for anything. I am merely trying to put you back on the right path before you stray too far away from the truth.
Mar 4, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
I would change its existence (Diabolik Lovers).
Mar 4, 2016 8:40 AM

Nov 2015
hoopla123 said:
GesuYarou said:

Sugou:

Suguha:

How dare you compare the great Sugou sama to that incestuous filth that is known as Suguha.

You disgust me. Repent before you fall deeper into the abyss.

In that case I'd like to see some sweet Sugou ass..

I tried google but all it had were gifs of him licking Asuna. No ass...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

44 by Shirayukin »»
4 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

105 by mo_lave »»
8 minutes ago

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

40 by WatchTillTandava »»
9 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 52 minutes ago

4 by ryokoblue »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

41 by SnipeStrike »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.