Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion

Mar 3, 2016 12:41 PM

Kezone said:
gabrielrroiz said:

the intention was to create more drama and try to show her as a simpatetic character and that fails because she is portrayed as a character the audience is supposed to hate
I'm not sure that was the directorial intention, because Satoru felt zero sympathy and even called her tears "self pity". I'd like to believe that the intention was simply to explain why she was abusive.

you are actually right
i was kinda laughing at the melodrama in this scene and i ended up losing that dialogue

Mar 3, 2016 12:44 PM

I wasn't really too satisfied with how Kayo was saved with her mom's mom appearing out of nowhere and making some, what I felt was cheap cry-fest but ah well, could be worse I guess.

Nice development otherwise though. With only 3 episodes left, I hope everything doesn't end up being a disappointment.

Mar 3, 2016 12:48 PM

Smile status: Protected

Mar 3, 2016 12:51 PM

I was laughing at the scene where Kayos mom is crying, but at least Satoru and Kayo weren't moved, so it doesn't really feel like they're trying to take us for a trip on the feels train again. Of course granny pops up out of nowhere to save the day, but it was clearly nearing it's resolution anyway, so I guess that's the best way to do it. The teacher and his candy, lol.

Mar 3, 2016 12:53 PM

Welp, this episode seems to be getting the least positive reception, with only ~60% 5s so far... if the last episodes really are rushed, Erased could turn into one of the most backlash-inducing anime ever (given its extremely high average rating right now), and that's not even mentioning the problems with the last 1/3rd of the story itself...
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"

Mar 3, 2016 12:54 PM
The conclusion to the Kayo arc felt very lacklustre to me. The grandmother and sob story came out of nowhere and the story finished too quickly.

Looks like the teacher is suspicious. Always felt he had a weird vibe about him tbh

Mar 3, 2016 1:00 PM

Kayo's case is gone with a happy ending. Now is time to try to save Aya and Hiromi.
Teacher's adiction was funny, specially because Satoru think that were condoms, and when his mom wake up and see the candys jajaja.

Teacher's eyes was a false clue o just know wow to play this game?
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 3, 2016 1:02 PM

The way the situation with Kayo ended is nice and all, but the way they showed her for 9 episodes seems like she had some important role in the mystery. And with how she just left in the last episode it feels like a lot of stuff is wrong or could've been done in another way. Maybe it's really cause they are rushing the series as a lot of people said.
Interesting how it will go with only 3 episodes left, and don't really know if i want to read manga after finishing the anime.

Mar 3, 2016 1:07 PM
Snake the teacher. Teacher the snake. he helped drive hina away? Honestly i don't trust him at all with anything.

so next person might be the one girl that just left classroom in end... rip
Modified by KnightA, Mar 3, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 3, 2016 1:13 PM

"I'd start by getting her to relax her guard." "If you're good at cooking, use it as a weapon." "I'm always preceeding with excessive caution."

And then there's a knife/tape/a bit of rope candy in the glove compartment. Cue the horrified faces and reaction.

Sounds like sensei is all sorts of fishy!!!

Mar 3, 2016 1:15 PM

If this episode is the worst episode this series has to offer, it deserves its #5 spot.

Mar 3, 2016 1:17 PM

GileonFletcher said:
If this episode is the worst episode this series has to offer, it deserves its #5 spot.

Don't worry, it has more salt and rushing for you. :)

Mar 3, 2016 1:20 PM

When Satoru's mum predicted what he was going to say it reminded me of Joeseph Joestar's "your next line will be" thing haha xD

Mar 3, 2016 1:20 PM
flipflapflipflap

My phone fucked up and I don't feel like typing out another paragraph about this episode so overall 4/5. It was as good as the last two, and I didn't love how things closed out with Kayo, and weird to all of a sudden see Satoru focusing on the two other suspects. I just really hope that A-1 pictures closes this show out well, and doesn't screw up the ending.

Mar 3, 2016 1:25 PM
Towel Attendant

Another very nice episode theoretically saving Kayo from death. It tossed out a false clue here and there which is nice and the candy scene was great. At this point I see two trends:
1. Manga readers - all in an uproar about how they are going to match up the anime with the manga by the end episode
2. Anime only watchers - we just want to know who the killer is.....LOL

Mar 3, 2016 1:29 PM

Pretty sure the teacher is using the girl from class that has a crush on him to spy on the other students. It will seriously be ridiculous if he's not the murderer.

Mar 3, 2016 1:30 PM

Catalyze said:
Another very nice episode theoretically saving Kayo from death. It tossed out a false clue here and there which is nice and the candy scene was great. At this point I see two trends:
1. Manga readers - all in an uproar about how they are going to match up the anime with the manga by the end episode
2. Anime only watchers - we just want to know who the killer is.....LOL

If anyone doesn't know who the killer is at this obv pt, they have watched diff show.

Mar 3, 2016 1:35 PM

As a non manga-reader, I'm only speculating here. But I wouldn't be surprised to see that girl who bullied Kayo get targeted instead of Hiromi, since Satoru has been sticking close to him.

I've seen and read enough murder-mysteries to see all the things the stuff the perp could them for: the briquette for carbon monoxide poisoning or arson to burn evidence, tape and rope for binding, ski mask, gloves, 2nd set of boots, and covered shoe-tracks to conceal their identity, and a spray bottle that can spray out any number of chemical substances...while not unusual individually, if you tried to buy these things all in one go, the cashier would definitely think you're up to something shady, just as much as if you tried buying a shovel, fuel, knife, and garbage bags from the hardware store. And on top of the strange actions of a mysterious man getting angry and kicking a box, entering the bus for some reason that can be speculated to be his evidence storage and place for his base of operations. .........but I guess for a kid, that scope is more limited and thus why although Kenya's a bright kid, his % of belief wasn't higher than only 1%.

remmi_demmi said:
"I'd start by getting her to relax her guard." "If you're good at cooking, use it as a weapon." "I'm always preceeding with excessive caution."

And then there's a knife/tape/a bit of rope candy in the glove compartment. Cue the horrified faces and reaction.

Sounds like sensei is all sorts of fishy!!!

More reasons why I think the
is the killer:

The mother being shown to be in a severely abusive relationship with her ex husband...while it made more sense as to how Kayo's mother became what she is, to take out her frustrations on the closest thing she can, it did not make me any more sympathetic to her plight, which is still at a flat zero. I hope she got put away in jail or some psych ward, because I'd feel sorry for anyone else this bitch started building relationships with. She was guilty of neglect and numerous counts of child abuse after all. Speaking of relationships, where was her human waste, piece of shit garbage boyfriend in all of this?
Modified by 4kicks, Mar 3, 2016 1:49 PM

Mar 3, 2016 1:38 PM

Kayo's smile was protected ;D Of course the plot isn't over yet and it's a shame she had to leave so we won't see anymore cute scenes with her and Satoru :(

Just like I said a few episodes back, I'm all but sure the murderer is the teacher, even more so since Satoru told him about the bus as the hideout and then all the supplies was conveniently moved.

Also the candy scene was really creepy; he most likely uses those lolipops to get close to children and have them let their guard down (which ironically enough is what Yashiro talked about with Satoru in the car).

At least the cliff hangers for the last two weeks weren't as bad as some other episodes, and finally feels like Satoru is getting somewhere by teaming up with his two friends Kenya and Hiromi. I loled at the scene at the end with Hiromi and Satoru, looks like Hiromi may "Like" Satoru?

Mar 3, 2016 1:41 PM

Faydok said:
I feel like they're just trying to make the teacher seem like he's the murderer. I mean, it couldn't possibly be that obvious, right?
My exact feeling. I mean, that thing with the candies is suspicious as hell.

4kicks said:
More reasons why I think the
is the killer:
More facts of why I still think he is the killer. I mean, I haven't read the manga, but is as evident as the identity of the Female Titan in SnK. I will be actually surprised is the culprit is not him.
Modified by Illyricus, Mar 3, 2016 1:46 PM

Mar 3, 2016 1:42 PM

Its so obvious that the killer is Sensei... = psychopath: uses his charm to fool everyone. Also that classmate seems to me that will be the new target instead of Kayo.

Hiromi is gay for Satoru, how sweet:D
And Satoru's mom still the best girl!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 3, 2016 1:42 PM

This was probably the most calm episode, i mean, no cliffhangers, no one died xD
Hope Hinazuki can get back to him/them so they can be together.
Satoru's mother is the best! Now i actually feel a little bad about Hinazuki's mother, she a tough past, her husband was a big di***.
Now i hope he can actually find the murder and save other kids.
When Satoru was in his teacher car and he was something, i actually got really scared that he would find that he is the assassin, i don't know but i think it may be him, but the chances of that are quite low but as they say "you never know" xD
3 episodes left :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 3, 2016 1:51 PM

This anime makes me think about my own childhood again. About how bunch od kids always could find some (even totally innocent traits) and make a crime story about it, investigate it. Precious times. When I think about it it sounds stupid but it also makes me wonder what would be actually do if this kind of situation happen? And back then nobody even considered we could be wrong. Hell, Sherlocks all over the place.

I already miss Hinazuki, I want her back badly.
Sensei is seriously suspicious but I can't just dislike him. I ship him with Satoru's mother. Who he might kill in the future. Oh, who caaaaares! D:

Mar 3, 2016 1:52 PM

People, this show isn't about Kayo, it's about Satoru saving her, Aya, Hiromi, and his mom from the killer so in a way this really isn't an end of Kayo's arc or her arc at all. It may feel like that because of how prominent she has been featured, but her story is just part of the whole. I mean, there are only 12 episodes, really isn't enough room for multiple arcs.
Modified by MiraiLink, Mar 3, 2016 2:55 PM

Mar 3, 2016 2:02 PM

Satoru's mom getting hit by the shovel... seriously anyone would flinch after a hit like that, but she didn't even blink! was that supposed to be badass?

Anyway I'm glad Kayo's problem was solved, although I wish they mentioned her grandma before instead of making her appearance some deus ex machina bullshit that solves everything suddenly.

The writer is trying to make the teacher look suspicious, but I have a feeling he's got nothing to do with it, because that'd be obvious.

Mar 3, 2016 2:12 PM

Happy he was able to save Kayo. Too bad she's gone, but now we get to the even crazier case with the killer. Really exciting!

Mar 3, 2016 2:17 PM

all those candies hidden on the car makes me think about that teacher
i had my suspicion about him and now more indeed,he is not trustworthy...i don´t like him ,he is very kind....

Mar 3, 2016 2:23 PM

So glad Kayo is safe from that bitch and I hope from the killer too.The ending was an oh shit moment.I can't wait until next week.

Mar 3, 2016 2:24 PM

Wow first half of this episode was terrible. One of the weakest endings to an arc I've ever seen. Kayo's grandmother should have been apologising to Kayo, not Kayo's demented mother. Even if she was abused by Kayo's father that's no reason to lash out at her own daughter. She's still a psycho and should have got no sympathy whatsoever. What was with Satoru's mother saying something like "you must have cared for Kayo before", like no she obviously didn't. How, just how is this series at #5 above HxH 2011. It's made the whole rating system completely meaningless.

And now it starts again with 2 more girls. I suppose there will have to be another season to finish the story. The only reason I'm still watching is for the murder mystery and time travel aspects.

Edit: Really hope the teacher isn't the murderer that would be far too obvious.
Modified by ittou_shura, Mar 3, 2016 2:42 PM

Mar 3, 2016 2:37 PM

LightBladeNova said:
The only way Erased won't turn into a rushed trainwreck is if the developers add some more episodes, possibly through an OVA. But since they already said that this anime would portray the original manga ending, would they be able to take that back?

They're either skipping and merging a lot or they're going for another route to get to the manga ending, no way they would attempt to do this madness if they didn't knew what they were doing.

[color=red]Winter 2016 is actually pretty shit.[/color

Mar 3, 2016 2:39 PM

The prof.. candy's in his car, this is way too obvious for me, i can't remind him, even if he appear like a good person.

Btw the mom punching kayo .. I'll never be sad or smthg for this shitty mom

Mar 3, 2016 2:47 PM

@hoopla123
I have read what some people think about the ending. Some say it's good some are salty xD
I am waiting :D

Mar 3, 2016 2:51 PM
Well now we know for sure Kayo's mom is crazy and definitely needs to be restrainted. She could have killed Satoru's mom with that shovel, no problem. She needs help, and should have been getting it ever since she was abused by her ex.

At least for now the teacher seems like a good guy. He helped set up to have Satoru's mom and child services come at the same time. And even got Kayo's grandma!! What a great idea.

And now we finally know the meaning of the title to the show... :)

Seems like a happy end for Kayo, but what happens next?

That scene in the car with the teacher was touching but also nerve wracking. When the candy came out my mind was racing... but then the scene became cute and like a bonding episode between teacher and student! I love how this show can change the atmosphere like that though.

Hiromi is soooo cute for a boy. lol

And I stick to my words from last week... Satoru should report the suspicious activity at the bus to the police. I think his mom would believe him now after the stuff with Kayo. He should say that him and his friends liked to play there and now there was weird stuff some guy left... in a small little town like this I'm sure they could get the police to come look.

WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT GIRL AT THE END!?! I didn't expect anything more from her after the lunch money episode... is she involved somehow? Is she going to become a new target?? Whaaaa?? lol

Mar 3, 2016 2:54 PM
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Pretty shitty though of all people she should have known how it felt to be abused, and wanted that to be the last thing for her child. In my mind that just makes her even more of a POS.

She probably needed therapy and support after being abused, and sounds like she got neither and just headed off on her own. The emotional trauma and self-loathing/blame got to her. She needed help.

rsc-pl said:
Faydok said:
I feel like they're just trying to make the teacher seem like he's the murderer. I mean, it couldn't possibly be that obvious, right?

I hope. Teacher is my suspect numer 1 since he was introduced.
Everything is pointing to him, and it is just to obvious to be true.

I'm still holding onto my theory that it's not the teacher, if only because they are trying to make him look bad and it seems to obvious. :(

Mar 3, 2016 2:55 PM

The teacher was 'fishy' a while back and during episode 8 they really placed him as the obvious suspect ... the way he talked, the way his face was drawn with his eyes shadowed by his hair at 06:50 in EP8 ... the fact that the "tools" were stored in the bus shortly after the teacher learned (during the failed home visit) that he temporarily can't ascertain Hinas whereabouts. (EDIT: even including a kick to demonstrate the frustration about it) Now in EP9 they just shoved it right into the viewers face. If they don't have some twist now and actually have someone elese be the killer I'd be seriously disappointed.
Modified by Urisk, Mar 3, 2016 2:59 PM

Mar 3, 2016 2:56 PM

I am so happy for Kayo T___T She finally gets to start a new life

Cried my eyes out when Satoru ran towards Kayo as she left T__T

Mar 3, 2016 2:57 PM

All that candy in the car... really does look suspicious. And I wonder whats the deal with the girl at the end.

Mar 3, 2016 2:59 PM

Akemi using the shovel and just grazing Sachiko's forehead.
Akemi's mother shows up. Seems like Akemi was abused by her husband and she was forced to get a divorce.
Taking out her anger on Kayo. Can't say I feel sorry for her since taking it out on Kayo is just terrible and should never happen.
Kayo is now safe, but now Satoru has to keep Hiromi and Aya safe.
Following Aya around seems like stalking to me.
The teacher is getting more and more suspicious, but I get the feeling he may not be the killer.
Those lollipops.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 3, 2016 3:05 PM

Lararin said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Pretty shitty though of all people she should have known how it felt to be abused, and wanted that to be the last thing for her child. In my mind that just makes her even more of a POS.

She probably needed therapy and support after being abused, and sounds like she got neither and just headed off on her own. The emotional trauma and self-loathing/blame got to her. She needed help.

rsc-pl said:

I hope. Teacher is my suspect numer 1 since he was introduced.
Everything is pointing to him, and it is just to obvious to be true.

I'm still holding onto my theory that it's not the teacher, if only because they are trying to make him look bad and it seems to obvious. :(

If it is not the teacher, the author failed miserably in presenting us any other suspect. I don't really think "Who the murderer is?" is the real thing on Erased.

I really like this episode, showing why Kayo's mom hit her, showing their goodbye and showing us in the end the girl that the killer will run after now. :3

Mar 3, 2016 3:15 PM

I'm going to be brutally honest.
I have no idea how should I feel right now. I am happy and all, but its mixed emotions!

Mar 3, 2016 3:29 PM
I gotta say, seeing Kayo and Satoru having fun together for so many episodes made me hope their relationship would've evolved.

Perhaps it's because I find Kayo to be the most adorable anime character in a long time..

Mar 3, 2016 3:29 PM

xaos12 said:
ThreePointer said:
I got all the evidence now to know who is the center of the murders. In fact this episode pretty much confirmed my theory if it isn't obvious yet.

Great series. I'm glad that this is getting the source ending so I don't have to resort to reading the manga. Its worth the wait to know if what I got from this show is right.

tbh you should be sad that the show is getting rushed to hell. 3 vol in 3 ep, lol.
Better to read the manga.

so many Chapters in manga don't even have a word. It will be okay.

Mar 3, 2016 3:32 PM

Really good episode as always but i just want to see satoru back with kayo or airi in the future episodes. lets see what happens in the last 3 episodes... I really gonna miss this anime

Mar 3, 2016 3:34 PM
Kanade♥

Mediocre episode just like the manga. Noting great. Still waiting for the salt episodes to come. That'll be great to see.

Mar 3, 2016 3:42 PM

I'm pretty sure that the teacher was lying about the candy. Think about it, what do little kids like? Candy. Make a connection yet? Not sure though... :/

Mar 3, 2016 3:44 PM

I am still have to think about how killer did all of those ... we were already told who, but why. Ill take the conversation to other thread perhaps.

Even if it was sad in its own way, scene with Kayo leaving had nice romantic swing to it.

Mar 3, 2016 4:02 PM
Did I miss the part that explains what happened to Satoru's dad and why he's bring raised by his mum only?
... I'll better be rewatching.

Mar 3, 2016 4:05 PM

Hopefully he actually did save her and she didn't end up getting killed off-screen :( Though it seems the attention is now on the other two victims so it's very unlikely.

Hayth said:
I'm pretty sure that the teacher was lying about the candy. Think about it, what do little kids like? Candy. Make a connection yet? Not sure though... :/

I love what they're doing with the teacher. They keep making you go back and forth between thinking that he's the killer or that he's just a red herring xD

Mar 3, 2016 4:11 PM

Tyrel said:
Mediocre episode just like the manga. Noting great. Still waiting for the salt episodes to come. That'll be great to see.

Next episode is going to have to show a lot of scenes and they'll be salt in the forums, but don't know how salty people will be because they'll have to process all the events that going to happen.

Mar 3, 2016 4:11 PM
now the story began to wider and the main focus is change . . . :))
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ بارك الله في هذا العالم الجميل عماد ~ Barak-Allah fii haadzaa Al-Aalam Al-Jamiil Imad ~
~ Allah SWT 's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~ Allah SWT Memberkati Dunia Imad yang Menakjubkan ini !!! ~

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »