Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 76 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2020 2:34 PM

Oct 2019
King_Of_Tragedy said:
Um, hi, I'm king_of_Tragedy. I started watching anime about five years ago, my friend wouldn't leave me alone about it, she suggested I'd watch Ouran high school host club. After that I took a huge break from anime, id watch it off and on, so for now Imma sticks to watching anime because I truly love it.

Hey king of Tragedy, what kind of tragedies did you go though to become a king xD. Welcome to the club and nice to meet you.

Oh, you started watching anime with Ouran high school host club? What did you think about it and did they impact on your opinion about anime? I personally started watching anime with Clockwork planet and it made me curious about watching other anime so I can find out what their stories are and in what worlds are they set in.

I sometimes take small breaks but I never took a break longer than few weeks. Mainly because I get really curious about the next anime that I plan to watch and I just get really interested in finding out what it is about.
Sep 1, 2020 2:48 PM

Oct 2019
Lunuwu said:
Hey everyone! I'm Lunuwu from the UK.
I dont distinctly remember the first anime I watched. I think it may have been either the 4kids yugioh or inazuma eleven.
My favourite anime so far is the No game no life series (anime)
[...]

Hey Lunuwu, nice to meet you and welcome to the club :D

What was the first anime that made you curious about wanting to explore other anime? For me that would be Clockwork planet but I actually finished watching Yu-gi-oh Zexal before that. I say that Clockwork planet was my first anime because that was the anime that made me like anime in general and curious to watch other series.

Nice, if you like isekai and comedies, I can recommend you series that are similar to No game no life or in that genre? If you don't dislike any genre, I could recommend a lot more series if you'd like xD. For example, one isekai comedy anime that I would recommend watching is called: Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious. In my opinion it's funny and it's a good anime overall.
Sep 1, 2020 7:35 PM
Aug 2020
Hiii! My name's Micah, you can call me by my artist name MellowYellow (mellow for short) as well. From Atlanta, Georgia, USA! Joined MAL to find a more active anime community, and track the anime i watch. First anime I watched was pokemon in my childhood, and the first anime i watched as a teen was unfortunately the iconic high school dxd and a bunch of ecchi harem anime lmaooo. My favorite anime are oregairu and samurai champloo! fav genres are slice of life and romance, love to get in my feels. Im not the biggest fan of shounen ai, but i don't really hate any genres. I'm actually a lofi and rap artist/producer too and you can check me out in my links! "some days, some nights, some live, some die in the way of the samurai. some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry!" -shing02 & nujabes "battlecry" from samurai champloo
Sep 2, 2020 11:24 AM

May 2020
OnlyMellowYellow said:
Hiii! My name's Micah, you can call me by my artist name MellowYellow (mellow for short) as well. From Atlanta, Georgia, USA! Joined MAL to find a more active anime community, and track the anime i watch. First anime I watched was pokemon in my childhood, and the first anime i watched as a teen was unfortunately the iconic high school dxd and a bunch of ecchi harem anime lmaooo. My favorite anime are oregairu and samurai champloo!
[...]

Hey Micah!
Happy to see you decided to join the TNC! Hope you can enjoy it! UwU
The first anime I watched during my childhood was also Pokemon! Which Gen are you from? I'm a Gen 4 guy! I loved to play the games, I played Diamond and Black a lot back in the day.
Well, most teens like to watch that sorta of stuff xD. I like to watch harem/ecchi animes sometimes, but my favorites genres are Comedy, Sol, Drama, Mystery and Psychological. If you want any recommendations from those genres, feel free to ask for some!
I might check out later some of your music stuff!
Also, welcome to The Newbie Club!
Sep 2, 2020 11:46 AM
Aug 2020
Le_Username said:
OnlyMellowYellow said:
Hiii! My name's Micah, you can call me by my artist name MellowYellow (mellow for short) as well. From Atlanta, Georgia, USA! Joined MAL to find a more active anime community, and track the anime i watch. First anime I watched was pokemon in my childhood, and the first anime i watched as a teen was unfortunately the iconic high school dxd and a bunch of ecchi harem anime lmaooo. My favorite anime are oregairu and samurai champloo!
[...]

Hey Micah!
The first anime I watched during my childhood was also Pokemon! Which Gen are you from? I'm a Gen 4 guy! I loved to play the games, I played Diamond and Black a lot back in the day.
Well, most teens like to watch that sorta of stuff xD. I like to watch harem/ecchi animes sometimes, but my favorites genres are Comedy, Sol, Drama, Mystery and Psychological. If you want any recommendations from those genres, feel free to ask for some!
I might check out later some of your music stuff!
Also, welcome to The Newbie Club!

Hey man! didn't know you were in this club too!!! for me I'm also a gen 4 person, and i actually really enjoyed the gen 6 series of pokemon as well! After the two seasonal I'm watching finish, i'm thinking of watching zankyou no terror, is that a good pick? and thanks!
Sep 2, 2020 11:58 AM

May 2020
OnlyMellowYellow said:
Le_Username said:

Hey Micah!
[...]

Hey man! didn't know you were in this club too!!! for me I'm also a gen 4 person, and i actually really enjoyed the gen 6 series of pokemon as well! After the two seasonal I'm watching finish, i'm thinking of watching zankyou no terror, is that a good pick? and thanks!

Hey! It's nice finding another Gen 4 guy! I liked the Gen 5 games but to be honest with you, I only liked the Gen 4 anime, mainly beacuse I only watched Gen 4 and 5s shows.
I haven't heard of Zankyou no Terror! My check it out one day. Seems interesting.
Sep 2, 2020 4:12 PM
Jul 2020
Hello everybody!

My name is Daisy and I am from the US and currently live there. I joined MAL as a way to sort list the anime I have watched, but along the way I knew I would eventually start socializing. The first anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon when I was like 4, but the first one I watched that brought me to watching it consistently was My Hero Academia and Ouran Highschool Host Club! I haven't read much manga, but some of my favorite animes are Love Chunibyo, Ouran Highschool Host club, and Banana Fish.

Thank you so much for reading
~bai bai~
Sep 2, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2020
healerblue said:
Chillipeppers98 said:
Hey! I'm Kirsten and I'm from Ireland ^.^
[...]
I took a break from anime for years to focus on studies so currently getting back into it.

Iv been a massive Pokemon and Digimon fan since I was a child but the first proper anime I watched was Naruto.
[...]
My other hobbies include martial arts , drawing and reading. I am also really love astronomy.
[...]

Hey Kirsten, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.

I personally take breaks as well from time to time. It can help to take some anime slow instead of watching it all in a week because you can think about it for longer and theorize about what would happen. I recently finished watching A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun series and it took me about 2 months to finish watching it. I think that I actually enjoyed it more that way but sometimes I prefer to finish the anime the same day or the next day. It usually depends on what the anime is about and if it has cliffhangers. If the anime is more emotional I'll probably finish it really quickly so I have the same mindset throughout the whole anime.

Oh, you watched Naruto as your first anime? Funny enough, I don't think I've seen a single episode of Naruto from the beginning till the end even when I was younger. I did watch Pokemon and Digimon as a kid though and I loved both of them. Do you recommend watching FMAB, I haven't seen it so that's why I'm asking.

If you'd like, I can recommend you some anime that's shounen or similar to Toradora and Noragami.

Which martial art are you training? I trained Karate when I was younger but sadly I quit after a year or two, can't remember. What do you like to draw? I draw from time to time, recently I started drawing anime characters like Houtarou from Hyouka. Do you only read books or light novels and manga? I'm not a big fan of reading but I tried reading few manga's like Rising of the Shield hero. I'm also planning on buying a Rokka no Yuusha light novel or A Certain Magical Index light novel. I also love astronomy or just space in general because it feels like there's endless possibilities and a lot of planets with unknown things on them which makes me curious and wanting to explore them xD. Who knows, maybe one of them is anime world hahaha.

I also sent you a friend request in case you'd like to chat. Oh and, I'm not sure if I should call you Slan or Kirsten xD

Thank you , nice to meet you too

I found that interesting that you had the same view as me on taking breaks. Sometimes like binge watching if an anime is full of cliff hangers but I found that with other anime it made them far less enjoyable as you spend less time thinking about characters and the plot. Personally I have been bust studying the last few years so it ended up being a very long break!

I do Taekwondo , karate is quite similar I think. I really love drawing anime characters too. Would you recommend Hyouka? I have been wanting to watch it for ages. Your suggestions all sound great. I would highly recommend FMAB , it is has one of the best thought out plots in any of the series and its characters and their development is amazing. Its really fun but also full of very moving moments ( episode 4 broke my heart).I do love reading but I mostly read novels , only recently started reading manga. I would love recommendations ! I actually study astrophysics so any space questions shoot them my way :)
Sep 2, 2020 5:45 PM
Aug 2020
doukyuusei091 said:
Hello everybody!

My name is Daisy and I am from the US and currently live there. I joined MAL as a way to sort list the anime I have watched, but along the way I knew I would eventually start socializing. The first anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon when I was like 4, but the first one I watched that brought me to watching it consistently was My Hero Academia and Ouran Highschool Host Club! I haven't read much manga, but some of my favorite animes are Love Chunibyo, Ouran Highschool Host club, and Banana Fish.

Thank you so much for reading
~bai bai~

Welcome to the club! I just joined as well, so it's glad to see some other new faces as well. Same here too tho, joined for the list, stayed for the socials haha. what are some of your favorite genres?
Sep 3, 2020 2:10 AM

Oct 2019
Chillipeppers98 said:
I found that interesting that you had the same view as me on taking breaks. Sometimes like binge watching if an anime is full of cliff hangers but I found that with other anime it made them far less enjoyable as you spend less time thinking about characters and the plot.
[...]

Well, sometimes watching the whole season (12 episodes) in a day can make the anime even more emotional or important. For example, Bunny Girl Senpai and Irozuku. I binge watched both of them and it made me like them even more. It all really depends, if it's world building, I'll probably watch it slower so I understand and think about it more and if it's emotional I'll watch it quickly to get even more emotional.

Hyouka as an anime? Yeah 100%. It's really interesting and some episodes are really slow but beautiful to look at and listen to. I'll also give FMAB a try once I find some free time. I can't give recommendations for manga or light novel because I didn't read a lot.
Sep 3, 2020 1:23 PM
Jul 2020
Hi everyone my name is Kiwi, I was born in London and now live in Malta. I develop software and I'm addicted to Coca-cola (like really addicted). Anyways, I've been watching anime for a long time but just recently joined MAL in July. I hope one day I can visit Japan as I really like the culture and their etiquette, I'm happy to be part of a community that share the same interests as I do :)
Sep 4, 2020 3:20 AM

Jul 2019
kiwixcoke said:
Hi everyone my name is Kiwi, I was born in London and now live in Malta.[...]

Yaahhhhoo, Kiwi!
Ohhhh I see you like Coca-cola too! Nicceee! Coke is really addicting and even better on summer times! And btw really nice job to pick (I'll go with software programmer course hope I don't fail that course). Also Japan is a nice place to go and visit (I recommend visiting enoshima. It's really good). Hit the Onsen first or go with some sukiyaki restaurant. Anyways I hope you're having fun and have a nice day! Feel free to stop by on discord sometimes!
Sep 4, 2020 5:41 AM
Jul 2020
_XUwUX_ said:
kiwixcoke said:
Hi everyone my name is Kiwi, I was born in London and now live in Malta.[...]

Yaahhhhoo, Kiwi!
Ohhhh I see you like Coca-cola too! Nicceee! Coke is really addicting and even better on summer times! And btw really nice job to pick (I'll go with software programmer course hope I don't fail that course). Also Japan is a nice place to go and visit (I recommend visiting enoshima. It's really good). Hit the Onsen first or go with some sukiyaki restaurant. Anyways I hope you're having fun and have a nice day! Feel free to stop by on discord sometimes!

<3
Sep 4, 2020 5:56 AM
Jul 2020
Hey guys,
I'm from Czech Republic and I joined MAL to sort the anime I've watched.
Because of not having any access to any chanels that broadcasted anime, I have not seen much anime as a kid (just a few episodes of Pokemon) so I'm fairly new to anime (started watching it like in Ferbruary i suppose). The first anime I watched on my own was Death Note and as most of the people I really enjoyed it.
Although I don't have any specific favourite anime, I guess my favourite genres are slice of life, romance, comedy and seinen, but I also like some good shounen and isekai. The genre I was really unable to delve into is mecha but I certainly don't dislike it.
Apart from anime I am a very basic boy so I like listening music, sharing trash memes and I'm video games addict.
Congratulations to anyone who read it this far and apologize for possible mistakes, as English isn't my first language.
Have a nice day guys!
Sep 4, 2020 1:43 PM
Jul 2020
Hi! My name is Camilla, and I`m from Norway :D I`ve watched anime for 6 years, and my first anime was Attack on Titan. My favs are Haikyuu, HunterxHunter, and Wotakoi. My fav genres are romance, slice of life and comedy, but I`m too picky about that. I really wanna make friends that watch anime cause no one ik irl watches it. If you want, you can add me as a friend or something :)
Sep 4, 2020 2:31 PM

Oct 2019
camillaeliise said:
Hi! My name is Camilla, and I`m from Norway :D I`ve watched anime for 6 years, and my first anime was Attack on Titan. My favs are Haikyuu, HunterxHunter, and Wotakoi. My fav genres are romance, slice of life and comedy, but I`m too picky about that.
[...]

Hey Camilla, welcome to the club and nice to meet you :D

Oh you watched Wotakoi? I was thinking about watching it because it had an interesting idea and it's a rom-com which I'm a fan of. If you want I can recommend you some romance, slice of life and comedy anime? I watched plenty of them because romance is one of my favorite genre. My 2nd favorite would be action. Yeah I sent you a friend request and if you want we could chat about recommendations or anime in general? While talking about anime, what made you watch Attack on Titan as your first anime? Funny enough, Attack on Titan was the first anime that I heard of few years ago besides Yu-gi-oh, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Naruto etc. I was thinking about watching it but I just didn't like the designs of the titans, what about you?
Oh and if you want a quick recommendation for romance, slice of life and comedy, check:
Gamers! and Senryuu Shoujo. Those 2 are really cute and funny romance, slice of life and I think that you'll like them.
Sep 4, 2020 2:41 PM

Oct 2019
Maughr1m said:
Hey guys,
I'm from Czech Republic and I joined MAL to sort the anime I've watched.
[...]
The first anime I watched on my own was Death Note and as most of the people I really enjoyed it.
[...]

Hey Maughr, nice profile picture of Bandit, welcome to the club and nice to meet you :)

It's fine, your English is good and I was able to understand everything :), if you're learning English I hope you get better and better. Practice makes perfect.
I also didn't have a lot of broadcasted anime besides few popular ones like Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z etc. and I started watching anime in 2017 when I found this one cool anime online called Clockwork Planet. It's not the best anime but it got me interested in other anime and other stories that they have. What made you watch anime and did Death Note have any impact on your opinion about anime? If you'd like I could recommend you few anime to watch, for example:
Steins;Gate
Gamers!
Amagi Brilliant Park
Noragami
Code Geass
Rising of the Shield Hero
Rokka no Yuusha

Feel free to let me know which anime from that list looks interesting to you. Also if you want I can recommend you more series to watch as well.
Which video games are you playing? I'm currently playing few PC games but I used to play on console.
Sep 4, 2020 4:31 PM

Apr 2020
camillaeliise said:
Hi! My name is Camilla, and I`m from Norway :D I`ve watched anime for 6 years, and my first anime was Attack on Titan. My favs are Haikyuu, HunterxHunter, and Wotakoi. My fav genres are romance, slice of life and comedy, but I`m too picky about that. I really wanna make friends that watch anime cause no one ik irl watches it. If you want, you can add me as a friend or something :)

Hi Camilla, definitely recommend watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Amagi Brilliant Park. I feel like you'll enjoy both since they're comedy and slice of life shows. Dragon Maid is also getting a season 2! Feel free to add me.
Sep 5, 2020 12:42 PM
Mar 2020
Hi, my name is Nikki and I'm from the USA. I joined MAL because I heard about it and found that it was a super easy way to track all of the manga and anime I read and watch. I started watching anime over 4 years ago, and my first anime was Attack on Titan because it was one of the shorter popular animes at the time with only one season. I watched it and fell in love with it, which led me to watch more anime. My current favorite anime and manga is The Promised Neverland. It is the one anime that finally got me to begin reading manga. My favorite genre would be shounen and my least favorite is romance. I love to read and sing.

It's nice to meet you all!
Sep 5, 2020 2:56 PM
Aug 2020
hiya im miles!
im from the united states and i have only been watching anime seriously over quarantine. The first anime i ever watched was Ouran High School Host Club about a year or so ago. Personally i love psychological horror animes, im watching a few at the moment, i hope you all have a great day!
Sep 5, 2020 3:25 PM

Oct 2019
Booknerd684 said:
Hi, my name is Nikki and I'm from the USA. I joined MAL because I heard about it and found that it was a super easy way to track all of the manga and anime I read and watch.
[...]

Hey Nikki, nice to meet you and welcome to the club :)

Oh yeah, I heard about Attack on Titan 4 years ago as well from a friend. She told me about it but I never really started watching it because I didn't like the designs of the titans at that time. I started watching anime a year later, near the end of 2017 with Clockwork planet being my first anime. It was similar with me where Clockwork planet made me want to watch more anime. What made you want to watch Attack on titan besides it being a shorter popular anime? Also what was the anime that got you emotionally invested the most? I think that it was Angel Beats for me or Bunny Girl Senpai. I also read a little bit ahead in Promised Neverland manga but I stopped reading it after few chapters, how far did you read it? Oh really, you dislike romance? My favorite genres are romance and action. I did watch few shounen but not too much. My favorite shounen would probably be Dr. Stone which I recommend watching. What's your favorite shounen?
Sep 7, 2020 6:56 PM

Aug 2020
Hi everyone! <3

I'm Michi (MichiHime) I'm from the United Kingdom and I recently re-joined MAL as I've heavily gotten back into anime! I've been watching anime for a pretty long time now but haven't logged most of my journey as I'm planning on re-watching before re-adding!

I went out of watching anime for a while due to a lot of stress and being busy with family but now I'm getting back into some old and new series!

Please feel free to add me, I'd love to meet some new people! <3
Sep 7, 2020 8:03 PM

Mar 2018
milestherain said:
hiya im miles!
im from the united states and i have only been watching anime seriously over quarantine.[...]

Hi, Miles how did you feel about Ouran High School Host Club. I very much enjoyed it as it made me laugh. Also, what is the name of the latest anime you are watching as I would love to know.

Sep 8, 2020 6:00 AM

Apr 2020
MichiHime said:
Hi everyone! <3

I'm Michi (MichiHime) I'm from the United Kingdom and I recently re-joined MAL as I've heavily gotten back into anime! I've been watching anime for a pretty long time now but haven't logged most of my journey as I'm planning on re-watching before re-adding!

I went out of watching anime for a while due to a lot of stress and being busy with family but now I'm getting back into some old and new series!

Please feel free to add me, I'd love to meet some new people! <3

Hi, Michi! I took a break from anime for a few years as well. How long was yours? Feel free to add me as well.
Sep 8, 2020 7:41 PM
Aug 2020
nhorselover said:
milestherain said:
hiya im miles!
im from the united states and i have only been watching anime seriously over quarantine.[...]

Hi, Miles how did you feel about Ouran High School Host Club. I very much enjoyed it as it made me laugh. Also, what is the name of the latest anime you are watching as I would love to know.

I loved Ouran high school host club, it was funny while still keeping the story line which i like alot. im watching a few right now but im focusing on banana fish and Inuyashiki!
Sep 11, 2020 12:59 PM

Dec 2017
Henlo! :'3
I'm Andrei, I'm from Romania, and I just started getting into the anime topic, so I didn't watch many animes. My favourite genres of anime are Mystery, Drama, Romance.
I hope I will make some kweel friends here, I'm excited to get to know everyone! <3

"𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒊𝒂.
𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒊𝒂. 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅.
𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆" — 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒏 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒏

Sep 11, 2020 8:57 PM

Sep 2020
Hi! My name is Sof, and I live in California, USA. I started watching anime as a kid because sometimes it would play on TV, and I watched whatever my sister was watching lol. I never got super into it until middle school; I really liked the Anime/Manga Fairy Tail. I never watched anything else tho. I'm in high school now, and I just finished Ergo Proxy; I loved it! I've heard some people think it's pretentious or confusing, but I love shows that aren't afraid to stray from the norm. I'm hoping to get back into anime now, but I don't think I'm gonna get back into Manga because I don't have the money :/ I'm not too picky when it comes to genres, but I especially like Thrillers, CyberPunk, Mysteries, and Historical Fiction. Feel free to recommend anything!

None of my friends are into anime, so I'm looking for some friends online :) I also like music, and I'm not picky at all, so recommend anything to me, ill probably like it xD Feel free to add me or start a convo, or you can message me or ask for my Instagram handle so we can chat <3
Softie_TSep 11, 2020 11:07 PM
Sep 12, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2020
4NDR3I said:
I'm Andrei, I'm from Romania, and I just started getting into the anime topic, so I didn't watch many animes. My favourite genres of anime are Mystery, Drama, Romance.
[...]

Yahallo Andrei! Welcome to the club!
That's a ncie selection of genres! I'm also a big fan of those genres, but I also enjoy some good comedy and psychologial elements as well.
Since you like drama and romance, I think you'll enjoy Oregairu (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.), it's a overall good romance, with a lot of interesting interactions between the characters, with an amazing drama element as well. Hope you give it a try!
Also, I'm sure you'll find a lot of nice friends here, I managed to find many of them! UwU
And again, welcome to the club Andrei!

Sep 12, 2020 3:03 PM

Oct 2019
Softie_T said:
Hi! My name is Sof, and I live in California, USA. I started watching anime as a kid because sometimes it would play on TV, and I watched whatever my sister was watching lol.
[...]

Hi Sof, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.

Ergo Proxy? I don't think I heard about it before. I just checked it on MAL and it does indeed seem like it strays from the norm. What did you love about it besides the thing that you mentioned that it's different from the norm? Was Fairy Tails your first anime? I remember that some anime used to play on TV here as well when I was younger and I used to watch Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Dragon ball z etc. but after a while I stopped watching it. I didn't really consider myself an anime watcher back then but in 2017 I started watching anime again with Clockwork planet and Yu-gi-oh Zexal being the 2 anime that I finished watching. Clockwork planet was really interesting anime in my opinion and it made me curious to watch other anime, to explore their worlds and their stories. I don't think that the Clockwork planet is the best anime, I just enjoyed watching it xD.

Hm, thrillers, cyberpunk, mystery, historical fiction. I guess I can recommend you few series to watch:
Dororo
Steins;Gate
Bakemonogatari
Zankyou no terror
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
The Promised Neverland

Check them out and feel free to let me know if any of them look interesting to you. I saw that you have Bakemonogatari on your plan to watch list so that's why I recommended it. If you want I can send you a watch order for it since it has 13 parts in total. As for the music, I recommend listening to Zankyou no Terror OST 1 and 2, it's really good. Another great OST (Original soundtrack) is in Kekkai Sensen and Violet Evergarden. I sent you a friend request in case you want me to recommend you more series to watch or if you want to talk about anime like watch order for Monogatari series.
Sep 12, 2020 7:31 PM

Sep 2020
healerblue said:
Softie_T said:
Hi! My name is Sof, and I live in California, USA. I started watching anime as a kid because sometimes it would play on TV, and I watched whatever my sister was watching lol.
[...]

Hi Sof, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.

Ergo Proxy? I don't think I heard about it before. I just checked it on MAL and it does indeed seem like it strays from the norm. What did you love about it besides the thing that you mentioned that it's different from the norm? Was Fairy Tails your first anime? [...]

To be honest I didn't know Ergo Proxy was an anime when I clicked on it to watch on Hulu lol. I'm glad it was tho because thats what got me back into anime. I really like fantasy and sci-fi because its cool to enter a different world, thats something I really enjoyed about Ergo Proxy. My favorite part about it tho is that it makes you think. Its a show that requires a lot of "audience participation" because it leaves a lot up to interpretation and it uses a lot of symbolism and metaphors that are hard to catch, and can be confusing if you don't quite grasp them. It also references a lot of other things like greek mythology and philosophy, classic fairy tales/ Disney movies, etc. A good example is one of the main characters Pino. She is an autoreiv, or a robot. She gets infected with the cogito virus which gives her a soul, and through out the show we watch her learn how to be human. The word "cogito" is latin for "I think" and references the philosophical statement made by the Latin Philosopher René Descartes "Cogito Ergo Sum" or "I think therefor I am". The name "Pino" is short for "Pinocchio" the puppet who famously wanted to be a real human. None of these things are mentioned in the show, so its really fun to try and decode it while you watch. I don't remember what my first anime was because my older sister was really into anime and card trading so I grew up watching it with her. Fairy Tail was the first anime I watched on my own, but I haven't watched it since 7th grade so I don't remember much lol. The reason why I stopped watching anime was I thought is was only kids shows because thats what I grew up with. Accidentally watching Ergo Proxy made me realize that there are lots of genres to explore, and there is something for everyone! I'm excited to watch new animes, but there is so much out there is kinda overwhelming. Thanks for the recommendations and thanks for being so friendly, its really helping me ease into this whole new world :)
Sep 12, 2020 11:30 PM

Dec 2017
Le_Username said:
4NDR3I said:
[...]

That's a ncie selection of genres! I'm also a big fan of those genres, but I also enjoy some good comedy and psychologial elements as well.
Since you like drama and romance, I think you'll enjoy Oregairu (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.), it's a overall good romance, with a lot of interesting interactions between the characters, with an amazing drama element as well. Hope you give it a try!
Also, I'm sure you'll find a lot of nice friends here, I managed to find many of them! UwU

Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out! Also, thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate it! <3

Sep 13, 2020 1:55 AM

Oct 2019
Softie_T said:
My favorite part about it tho is that it makes you think. Its a show that requires a lot of "audience participation" because it leaves a lot up to interpretation and it uses a lot of symbolism and metaphors that are hard to catch, and can be confusing if you don't quite grasp them.
[...]

No problem. I see now what you mean. If you want a similar anime that requires a lot of "audience participation" try checking out Serial Experiments Lain. I personally wasn't a fan of but if you like symbolism and metaphors that are hard to catch give it a try. Who knows, it might be a 10/10 anime in your opinion.
Sep 16, 2020 11:49 PM

Dec 2017
Le_Username said:
4NDR3I said:
[...]

So I just finished last night Oreigaru, and it was really good, I loved the comedy and the story! I will never forget how I ship Hikigaya with everyone xd Thank you again for the recommendation! <3

Sep 18, 2020 1:17 AM

Jun 2020
Name: Tarun

I joined mal cause it seemed pretty interesting and it would be a good way to find new anime and interact with other people.

My first anime was Jojo.

My favourite anime (highest rated anime, perhaps) is Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei or The Tatami Galaxy. Other ones are: Mob Psycho, Death Parade, Akira, Steins;Gate, HxH, Jojo, Kaguya Sama, Oregairu, etc.

My favourite genres are comedy, action, thriller, slice of life, psychological, a little bit of romance.

I don't have any genres that I don't like, they're all good.

I draw, play the piano and I'm into acting as well.

-----------
This is me, I am looking forward to be with you guys and spend time in this club. Bye.

Sep 18, 2020 1:37 AM
Mar 2020
i joined a while ago but i dont remember doing this so here i go. i grew up watching animes like digimon, pokemon, doraemon, but i started watching anime seriously when i was starting university, so i watched naruto, bnha, opm, but then i kinda took a break. then i got introduced to haikyuu and ive been watching anime nonstop and even started reading mangas. oh and i refuse to watch english dubbed animes now, with a few exceptions. idk maybe i just love my seiyuus.

my current favourite animes are haikyuu, given, daiya, hxh, bsd, and natsume. my current favourite mangas are saezuru and haikyuu. i dont have a favourite genre but my guilty pleasure are reverse harem animes. but i also love anime that will make me cry, but i cry easily so i guess it doesnt really matter. i also read alot of shounen ai mangas.

i stay away from isekai just because i dont think its for me, i also dont watch alot of fantasy animes. im always looking for recommendations though, so feel free to say hi and add me on here. oh and i love to colour manga panels.

- bibi
luvuropinionSep 18, 2020 1:40 AM
Sep 18, 2020 1:47 AM

Jul 2019
Monkey_Business said:

I joined mal cause it seemed pretty interesting and it would be a good way to find new anime and interact with other people.
[...]

Yahallo, Tarun!
I can see you like Mob Psycho too! Nicccee I really like Mob psycho too. The fight scenes and the plot is pretty spectacular! My favorite fight scene there is Mob Vs Dimple. I'd love to see mob get angry but yeah mob is still kind and has a big heart. Anyways I hope you are enjoying your stay here and stay safe!
~XUwUX
Sep 18, 2020 1:56 AM

Jun 2020
_XUwUX_ said:
Monkey_Business said:

[...]

Yahallo, Tarun!
I can see you like Mob Psycho too! Nicccee I really like Mob psycho too. The fight scenes and the plot is pretty spectacular! My favorite fight scene there is Mob Vs Dimple. I'd love to see mob get angry but yeah mob is still kind and has a big heart. Anyways I hope you are enjoying your stay here and stay safe!
~XUwUX
Hey, I see, my favourite fight was Mob vs Mogami and the last fightin Mob Psycho 100 II. It was so good. Well thank you.

Sep 18, 2020 1:58 AM

Jul 2019
luvuropinion said:
i joined a while ago but i dont remember doing this so here i go. i grew up watching animes like digimon, pokemon, doraemon,[...]

Yahallo, Bibi!
Hunter X Hunter is one of my favorite anime in the past (I watched it when I was a child cause the TV channel is streaming it on Filipino dub). My favorite character there is Kurapika (Too bad he's too consumed on getting revenge). He's too badass when fighting especially when he fought Uvogin. But Gon really is the spotlight of that series. His friendly attitude really carried the whole series.

Anyways I hope you're doing okay there and stay safe always!
~XUwUX
Sep 18, 2020 4:01 AM

May 2020
4NDR3I said:
So I just finished last night Oreigaru, and it was really good, I loved the comedy and the story! I will never forget how I ship Hikigaya with everyone xd Thank you again for the recommendation! <3

Tu-tu-ru!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
If you want some more recommendations, feel free to ask me for some on Discord (Le_Username#3082) or by MAL comments/message system.
Have a good day! ^^
Sep 18, 2020 12:52 PM
Aug 2020
Hi, I'm Jerome, 16 years old lives in Switzerland. I don't know how you found my acc and how you guys added me ((still new to this whole MAL thing) but thank you for doing so, and thank you for inviting me. I was always considered to be an anime fanatic, and ppl always ask me for recommendations but this was the first time to be called a Newbie lol. It's an experience that I probably never get. I hope we can all become familiar with each other over time and i hope that we can all stay friendly with each other. Also, I think I do need some help with this software😅.
Sep 25, 2020 1:06 PM
Jun 2020
Hello everyone, my ( alias ) name is Daniel teixeira and i am Portuguese
i hope we can all have a great time, im new to this is animelist stuff but have been watching anime for more than 15 years.
The first anime i've ever watched if i recall correctly was inuyasha, although the one who get me into it was one piece.
Getting all said my favourite anime is Code Geass and rainbow, and im only now starting to read manga.
I enjoy a good seinnen drama shows and i dislike overuse of yaoi and yuri.
As a hobby i like drawing read and emerge in diffrent cultures, pleasure to be here and i hope i can learn more with all you, Ja mata minasan
Sep 25, 2020 1:58 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Splatboy said:
Hi, I'm Jerome, 16 years old lives in Switzerland.
[...]

Welcome to TNC Jerome! and sorry for the late reply lmao
Glad to see you here and well, you do have comparatively low numbers (but still nice taste!) pretty much the usual transition from a small circle of people to a whole community ;)
Just a bit curious and only answer if you feel comfortable answering it here - from what part of Switzerland are you from? Just asking for language-purposes, perhaps you are able to speak German and I just didn't notice x)
It would also ease up bits of help but English is more than enough as well of course, I'm always here for help! willing to help anyone btw just hmu
Don't know how to answer my post? Just click
on "Quick Reply" and mention me with @Karasian

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Sep 25, 2020 2:08 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Kaguin said:
Hello everyone, my ( alias ) name is Daniel teixeira and i am Portuguese
[...]

Hi there Daniel!
Well well welcome to MAL then! (even if it's a bit late) Quite the experienced watcher eh, can't believe you are able to remember your first shows x) I've got Code Geass recommended recently, tho what about all the OVAs and stuff? Quite overwhelming when I first saw it, basically as confusing as Fate or To Aru lmao.
Exploring different cultures is always a nice thing and something most of us probably enjoy, is the Japanese one the one that caught you the most or is there something even better for you?
Don't know how to answer my post? Just click
on "Quick Reply" and mention me with @Karasian

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Sep 25, 2020 3:09 PM

Sep 2020
hi everyone, i'm fool (arcanafool). i am a female college student living in the US. i made a MAL because i have been watching anime for several years and wanted to start keeping track of it all, though i think the social aspect of this website is exciting too! my first introduction to animanga was reading the fruits basket manga in middle school, and the rest is history.

my favorite series are shinsekai yori, fmab, soul eater, and bokumachi (erased). my favorite genres are horror, psychological, mystery, supernatural, sci-fi, and historical, though i'm pretty much open to watching anything (i love me a good comedy anime). feel free to check out my profile and request me if you think we share interests!
╔═══ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ═══╗

anime list
╚═══ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ═══╝
Sep 25, 2020 4:10 PM

May 2020
arcanafool said:
hi everyone, i'm fool (arcanafool).
[...]

Yahallo fool (;-;)! Welcome to the club!
You started with a manga! That's cool, what I consider my first experience with manga/anime was SAO, I've only started watching anime around late 2018.
Hooe you can enjoy the social aspects of MAL! We're sure to help you feel welcome here!
That's a interesting selection of genres! I also love my good share of mystery+psychological anime! But I'm more of a comedy/slice of life guy.
I was looking through your list and I found out you've also watched Mob Psycho 100! What did you think fo it? It's one of my favorite series.
Hope you can have a lot of fun here! And again, welcome to the TNC!
Sep 25, 2020 4:18 PM

Sep 2020
Le_Username said:
arcanafool said:
hi everyone, i'm fool (arcanafool).
[...]

Yahallo fool (;-;)! Welcome to the club!
You started with a manga! That's cool, what I consider my first experience with manga/anime was SAO, I've only started watching anime around late 2018.
Hooe you can enjoy the social aspects of MAL! We're sure to help you feel welcome here!
That's a interesting selection of genres! I also love my good share of mystery+psychological anime! But I'm more of a comedy/slice of life guy.
I was looking through your list and I found out you've also watched Mob Psycho 100! What did you think fo it? It's one of my favorite series.
Hope you can have a lot of fun here! And again, welcome to the TNC!

hi!! yeah i did start with a manga, which i realize is unusual! one of my friends in 5th grade adored fruits basket and turned me on to reading it, and that was my gateway into the wonderful world of animanga. if you haven't checked out furuba yet, i would really recommend it (especially because it is getting a modern remake, which is gorgeous!!). it seems right up your alley :) SAO was also one of my formative anime experiences, but i think i watched it around 2013 or 2014.
i adore MP100!! it is one of my favorite anime and i'm so excited for the third season next year!! everything about it is phenomenal, from the characters to the animation to the plot to the sound. i'm really pleased it became as popular as it did because it deserves the hype <3
arcanafoolSep 25, 2020 4:28 PM
╔═══ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ═══╗

anime list
╚═══ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ═══╝
Sep 25, 2020 4:58 PM

May 2020
arcanafool said:

hi!! yeah i did start with a manga, which i realize is unusual! one of my friends in 5th grade adored fruits basket and turned me on to reading it, and that was my gateway into the wonderful world of animanga.
[...]

Yeah I heard some really nice things about Fruit Basket! I wanted to try a shoujo anime for once, sooo I might pick it up soon.
That's lovely to hear! Indeed, it deserves all the hype that it has. It's an amazing anime! I'm also hyped for the next season, hope it's as incredible as the other two. ^^
Sep 26, 2020 4:09 PM
Jun 2020
@Karasian indeed, japanese cultural i've imersed myself since childhood but only now started to learn and everything more about japanese culture u.u
Sep 28, 2020 3:47 PM

Aug 2020
にゃんぱすー! My name is Mateasu/Mattheas and I'm a 20-something y.o. guy from the Netherlands. Until recently, I've never really bothered to watch anime (or even animated shows in general). A couple of months ago I watched Avatar:tlA for the first time and I really liked it. That's what got me into the Ghibli movies, which made me decide to try out some popular shows. My watch list has been growing ever since.

My first completed show is Boku dake ga Inai Machi. The ending might have been a bit unsatisfying, though it's still a great show nonetheless. I like anime best when it has some kind of fantasy element (Re:Zero, Toaru series), or something thriller-ish/mysterious (Mirai Nikki). I also like something more relaxed for variation. I'm currently watching Non Non Biyori and it's a true gem!

What still confuses me is what's considered anime and what not. For example, Avatar the last Airbender has great anime vibes, but is not considered an anime because it's produced in the US. On the other hand, Alfred J. Kwak - a classic animation from the Netherlands - gives a more western feeling, but is produced in Japan and therefore considered anime. (Yes, it's on MAL)

Watching anime has made me want to learn Japanese, it's such a beautiful language. I've already started to pick up some words. I can't wait to explore more series, there's so much to see!
Sep 29, 2020 2:11 AM

Apr 2020
mateasu said:
にゃんぱすー! My name is Mateasu/Mattheas and I'm a 20-something y.o. guy from the Netherlands. Until recently, I've never really bothered to watch anime (or even animated shows in general). A couple of months ago I watched Avatar:tlA for the first time and I
[...]

Hello there! It's a bit late, but welcome to MAL! It's nice that you also like Erased. Oh and I saw that you mentioned Re:Zero and Toaru. I love that shows, and Mirai Nikki as well. If you're having a trouble on Toaru franchise, especially on watch order, you can dm me or ask me here and I'll help you! And by the way, if you like some relaxation show, try watching yuru camp as well. It'll also have sequel on Winter, same with Non Non Biyori.

You're correct on the "what's considered anime and what is not" part. If a certain show is produced in Japan, its automatically called anime. Shows that produced outside Japan or on westerned are what we called cartoon.

Goodluck on learning Japanese! I heard Kanji is really troublesome and pain. Stay safe right there and enjoy your stay here! <3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 76 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAMES] Count to 100,000 Part 3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karasian - Jan 26, 2021

8331 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

6857 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Anime A-Z Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 8, 2017

4737 by Serafos »»
Apr 15, 11:21 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 8, 8:20 AM

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 2, 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.