Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mar 2, 2016 2:15 PM

So, I got interested to start this anime, and I'm asking to you guys which one is the best way to start the series, I know that has an OVA and the Decode Series, so which one is the best way to start? I'm counting on you guys, I will really appreciaty help, thanks!!

PEACE
''Ask not the Sparrow, how the Eagle soars'' - Kiryūin Satsuki

Mar 2, 2016 2:52 PM
Watch the new one first.
It is a better adaptation, going more into detail with characterization and plot of course. In addition the whole comedy is better and you see some alien planet similar to redline. The older one is just robots fighting against esper with stupid as fuck plot. Even the actions scenes aren't that good in the OVA.

Mar 2, 2016 5:03 PM

plasma38 said:
Watch the new one first.
It is a better adaptation, going more into detail with characterization and plot of course. In addition the whole comedy is better and you see some alien planet similar to redline. The older one is just robots fighting against esper with stupid as fuck plot. Even the actions scenes aren't that good in the OVA.

So to resume, I start by Tetsuwan Birdy Decode ? Thanks bro!!
''Ask not the Sparrow, how the Eagle soars'' - Kiryūin Satsuki

Oct 7, 2016 4:28 PM
Old topic, but the OVA and tv series have enough differences that they don't need to be compared. The OVA, of course, is shorter, so if you don't want to watch all 13 episodes, you could start there first.

Jun 15, 2017 1:29 AM

Old OVA version is much better. New one is just typical anime with school life and silly romance without any serious SF feeling.