Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 3, 2016 1:57 AM

Mar 2013
If they whine a lot or have an obnoxious "quirky" sense of humor, also shy girl characters

Violent tsunderes are hot af though
Mar 3, 2016 2:06 AM

Mar 2016
Arrogance, damsels in distress that can't do anything thenselves, weak whiny babies who tears up constantly, characters with no self confidence and characters with far too much self confidence, imo there needs to be a fine balance.
Mar 3, 2016 2:07 AM
Sep 2015
I dislike tsundere's, whiny characters like the asshole from Shiki, characters who don't think rationally like Sakura from Naruto and also the classical shonen protagonists who have a messiah complex and try to save everyone, value friendship above all else etc. All of them I regard as annoying.
Mar 3, 2016 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
Z-Dante said:
Trying to be a hero for no reason.

<.< *looking out for fate fans* >.> ( emiya shirou)

For no reason? I'm certainly convinced that you watched the show halfheartedly.
Mar 3, 2016 3:54 AM

Jan 2015
A character that judges others but isn't something special themselves (or worse)

A example is Sakura Haruno (Naruto orignial series), she always looked down on Naruto and never noticed him only when he did something bad, she beat him up regardless of his explanations (most times she just scares him enough to be silent before getting beat up), thought herself to be better because of past achievements. And when she grows stronger a little she believes that she has caught up to everyone's strength just to become useless the next episodes after (as usual).

I don't have anything against her, since she has some CD from time to time but isn't enough to make me not choose her for discussions like those :3

I just got to watch more anime so I can find more annoying Characters ^^
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Mar 3, 2016 9:00 AM

Sep 2014
Like I've said many time here before, there is two kind of character I find horribly annoying.

The Big-Head Jerk
Mostly a male character, It''s a arrogant and loudly brat who loves to show off with over-the-top exagerated poses and humiliate his opponent because "They dare to be on my way! I'm a God! Look how much I'm superior than you!".
But, the thing It drives me nuts about them is when they've a "deep moment". They make once again a pose and talk like It has a sudden personnality change and make speeches who can be summarised as:
"Me, I've not only the biggest penis of the universe but with it, I've find all universe truths and the meaning of life! So believe in me who believe in you, those who follow my path, the True Manliness path!"
It's not deep or manly, It's just showing-off again.

The best exemple of this category is Kamina. I can understand many people like his enthusiasm, but the way he's such an asshole, screaming around how much he has the biggest "drill" in the universe and the message of the show every time he opens his damn mouth is just too much to handle it....

In the subcategory, there's too the famous teenage young boy wanting so much to proof to everyone his values he acts like a macho-man and once he has been beaten, he cries like a baby for X episode/chapter, claiming "I've shown my weakness, It's too shamefull!!". Poppu from Dragon Quest is a good example...

-The Psycho Girl
Mostly a female character, It's simply the batshit insane female character.
I rarely have empathy for this kind of character. Either is a hysterical mean mad girl who love hurting/killing people by the most disgusting way, either she's a merciless "Angel of Death" who has absolute no emotion and brutaly kill her targets. When she makes this kind of slasher smile, I feel an urge to punch her in the face to erase this silly face...

The best exemple of this category is Rori Mercury. I still don't know why she's here except to add "edgy" moments. The fact It's a lolita with a big weapon stereotype doesn't help very much, but the way she enjoys killing so much to orgasm in the middle of a battlefield is too much for me...

In the sub-category, we have Yandere archetype. The girl loving so much somebody she's ready to kill everyone (even her lover) to keep her "love". Stalking her beloved everywhere and keeping it for herself, threatening every potential rivals, I don't think It's love, It's control.

Plus, they've both a common point: I think they're the worst aspect of immature children.
A little brat thinking only with his crotch, challenging everyone to prove the opposite and the little pest enjoying to play her dolls or break them...

And many people love them because I guess their "mental sickness" is entertaining...
But sometime, It has exceptions.
Mar 3, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
- overly tsundere characters
- characters being violent towards the main characters for no real reason (punching them repeatedly etc.)
- characters being heroes and sacrifice themselves when the situation doesn't require them to
- the voice itself can be enough to annoy me if it's too high-pitched or generally doesn't fit the character

the character that probably annoys the most is Hawk from Nanatsu no Taizai. man does he get on my nerves.

there are probably more, these are the only things I remember of the top of my head.
The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look like as though you're following them.
Mar 3, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
Ditzy fanservice females, with little to no personality but the trope they were given.
Tsundere's that can constantly get away with physically harming the MC.
Most harem MC's in general. (I even find Araragi a bit annoying, to be honest. >_>)
Loli's. The fucking loli's. O_O
Mar 3, 2016 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
childhood friends that loves MC then making story complicated, that's annoying me so much but dont know why i couldn't hating them, just felt annoyed
Mar 3, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Op mc : you already know who will win
Tsunderes : I can't stand them
Mar 3, 2016 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
Elizabeth Middleford has every requirement.
23 ♀ | ES/ENG

Mar 3, 2016 11:25 AM
Feb 2016
-useless
-have overly big breast and she has no other quality beside that huge breast. so not important
-female character who think nothing but romance.
-annoying voice
Mar 3, 2016 11:35 AM
Dec 2013
If a character has a verbal tic, it's pretty annoying, for example:

Also if a non-antagonist character is mean and violent or makes other people eat their disgusting food, like Tae Shimura from Gintama.
Mar 3, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2014
Usually the biggest annoyance can be summed up with "suddenly acts irrationally in a way that's completely out of character for no discernible reason other than to further or hinder the plot". If those moments are explained or justified later on it's not as bad, I guess, but generally they're just swept under the rug and never mentioned again.

Then there's characters like Black Star, I genuinely can't find many redeeming qualities there, but there doesn't always have to be, and I always figured that was kind of the point.

The MC in Steins gate has one of the only voice actors I really dislike, I don't know how to explain the annoying bit aside from "that weird voice he switches into while yelling or being over the top in almost every other scene??" The second-hand embarrassment is tangible.

There are honestly so many annoying tropes that are more commonly slapped on female characters though, it's hard to narrow it down.
Erina from Shokugeki no Souma is a biggun, though. Practically every line that comes out of her mouth applies, but the whole entrance exam thing was absolute BS. What an ugly personality she's been given, lol.

Also gotta love the chicks that can be bleeding out on the floor but god forbid they call for help because that'd be "troubling" someone. Ugghh.

Oh, and Inami from Working was beyond annoying too, idk what people see in her aside from a challenge tbh. Would love to see her situation be reversed though, I can just imagine the shitstorm that'd bring about. (She constantly beats the living shit out of entirely innocent guys because she's got a phobia of them.)
Mar 3, 2016 12:25 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Stephanie Dola from No Game no Life

she was the Jar Jar of the show
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

18 by tmoverbeck »»
3 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

67 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

211 by TitanOfPlasma »»
7 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 6 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

20 by tchitchouan »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.