Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 4, 2010 5:07 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Basically the episode was about the relationship between Ur, Gray, and Reitei. *hint hint, big plot giveaway*
The impression that I get from the new opening, unfortunately, is that Fairy Tail won't last very long as an anime, but I could be (and probably am (I hope I am)) wrong.
ReaperEXEJan 5, 2010 10:58 PM
Jan 4, 2010 5:24 AM

Aug 2008
Nice new op and ed aswell... The op is probably one that alot of people will hate, but I like it.
Jan 4, 2010 6:23 AM
Aug 2008
i liked the episode, wanna know more about gray..

but new op&ed suck imo -.-
Jan 4, 2010 6:37 AM

Aug 2009
-NEW OP NO JUTSU. It sounds okay. I liked the song of the first a little better but I liked the video for this one more. The ED was much better than the last one. Funny thing is that the song sounds somber but I'm seeing chibi versions of all the characters flying by.

-Looks like they're doing the Naruto thing and showing stuff from much later arcs in the OP.

-Lyon's voice was absolutely perfect. For a second, I thought it was Jun Fukuyama but then I realized the voice wasn't that deep.

-Wow! Actual animation for the attacks...well, for a while anyway. It was good until he brought out the animal ice.

Am I missing something but in the OP and ED...
Jan 4, 2010 7:10 AM

Jun 2009
I think 1st OP is better than 2nd , but 2nd ED is better than 1st OP.
animation for the magics are quite good ^^
Jan 4, 2010 7:18 AM
Jun 2008
Urk, why'd they change the OP already? I was getting used to Snow Fairy. This new OP doesn't pack the punch of the Engrish "Fe-ari where you going?" opening lines.

New ED is a better song though.

This episode was all right, introduction to Lyra, who is just about another one of those useless-for-combat (and pretty much anything) Celestial Spirits.

Fight dragged on though. I know it's shounen, but watching Gray just get his ass handed to him for ten minutes got a bit excruciating to behold. It was like watching Naruto or Bleach all over again.
Jan 4, 2010 8:25 AM
Sep 2009
great episode....hope to see grey's ice more now ^^
Jan 4, 2010 9:05 AM

Apr 2009
i'd like to see grays past now..
this arc was my fav in the manga, so it shoudnt fail..

the opening lacked imagination.. just a few random scenes from the past episodes o_O
blah
Jan 4, 2010 9:54 AM
Sep 2009
loved the opening and ending cant wait to get them
Jan 4, 2010 10:27 AM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:

Jan 4, 2010 10:38 AM

Apr 2008
New Op and ED...blah. don't like 'em so I'll just skip em like I've been doing. Okay episode.
Jan 4, 2010 10:40 AM

Jul 2008
new op and ed, awww, and i liked the old ones. gray is basically getting pwnd by older apprentice, lyon, who can use ice magic with one hand, and unfortunately gray has to use both.
meanwhile natsu is trapped in an ice ball, and erza took over a pirate crew to take her to the island
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 4, 2010 10:47 AM

Dec 2008
kawaii_neko96 said:
garfield15 said:

The little gurl is Mira's sister. If i'm not wrong, she is dead and the reason is yet to be released. If u recall in a previous episode, Mira was talking to Luxus on the 2nd floor? Mira was an S class mage, tats why she can go up there. But because of some reason related to her sister's death her magic abilities has severely diminished.
Jan 4, 2010 11:29 AM
Nov 2009
seems like they spent a bit of money on the fight animations for once. seriously for a show that cuts corners in animation everywhere you'd think it was all towards the fights but it doesn't. seriously were they given like no money for this show or do they seriously not know how to properly animate a fight scene.
Jan 4, 2010 11:33 AM

Sep 2007
I don't really like the new ED song but heck, at least it doesn't kill the mood like the last one so I'm happy.

I think they progress too fast though, it feels like I'm watching two episodes each week. I'd rather have them drag a little more, no need to rush, we have time...
Jan 4, 2010 11:37 AM

Oct 2009
Good ep, but in my opinion the action scenes could've been better ^^" The new opening and ending are very nice ^^ And the backgruond music is great as always!
Jan 4, 2010 11:46 AM

Sep 2007
Ehhh the new OP sucked ass compared to the old one but the new ED is loads better than its older counterpart. The dramatic ends to the episodes won't be ruined by some happy chippy ED anymore! \o/ Judging from the OP though... they intend on keeping it all the way to at least well into the Phantom arc... which is unfortunate. The OP is pretty crap.

At least we're moving along fairly well into the arc. Finally got past the backstory on Gray.

Anybody know who this character is in the ED:

Is it Mirajane? I don't remember them showing a short haired Mirajane in the manga. It better not be some filler character they intend on introducing in some filler arc after this.
Jan 4, 2010 12:08 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Cool. New opening and ending.

Jan 4, 2010 12:12 PM

Nov 2007
Go Erza go go!
Nice episode overal it's the start off a big plot I wanted to see. The new opening and ending just disappointed me a little bit but the opening also showed parts off my fav plot so that just makes me a little bit happy again.
Jan 4, 2010 12:17 PM

Apr 2009
Wasabi said:

Is it Mirajane? I don't remember them showing a short haired Mirajane in the manga. It better not be some filler character they intend on introducing in some filler arc after this.

yes, there will probably be a filler arc after this one -_-
Jan 4, 2010 12:23 PM

May 2008
WTF is this OP? Even fairy tail doesn't deserve a op like that. It totally doesn't fit this kind of show O_o
Jan 4, 2010 1:10 PM

Sep 2007
WTF ?
Liked the new OP with Gazille !
For the episode, looked good with Lyra. :D
The ED ... Not so good.
But at the end ...
Jan 4, 2010 1:16 PM

Jul 2009
I swear I've heard Lyon's voice before somewhere...I thought it might be Mamoru Miyano or Jun Fukuyama but I can't put my finger on it O_o
Jan 4, 2010 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
Zell182 said:
I swear I've heard Lyon's voice before somewhere...I thought it might be Mamoru Miyano or Jun Fukuyama but I can't put my finger on it O_o

It's this guy named Yuuki Kaji

I've never heard of him though.
Jan 4, 2010 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was so low budget I don't even care about it. Just be it. The story is nice anyways and they let us see traces of the upcoming Phantom arc.
Jan 4, 2010 2:41 PM

Oct 2008
Wtf, new opening & ending already? o.o
The other ones just grew on me :C I have to say goodbye already?
Jan 4, 2010 4:02 PM
Apr 2008
Not too bad. Kinda slow though.
Jan 4, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2009
lol why so fast new OP and ED song ??
Jan 4, 2010 5:20 PM

Feb 2009
So since some of the "bad guys" of this arc are in the ED, does that mean they'll play an important role?
Jan 4, 2010 5:30 PM

Apr 2009
Ehhh, I liked the first OP better. -.- But I like this ED, nice song. :)

Lol at Erza on the boat. Oh, how she can get her way. Natsu stuck in the iceballl was pretty funny, too. Seeing as how he has to waddle all the way back to the village.

Poorest Gray. D: Damn Lyon, beating on my favorite. >.<
Jan 4, 2010 5:31 PM

Aug 2009
superchan said:
lol why so fast new OP and ED song ??

I guess they decided to change them after every season which won't continue for so long if this is going to be a long lasting anime..
[right]

Jan 4, 2010 5:57 PM

Apr 2007
I really like the new opening & ending. They're much better than the previous imo (though I wish Juvia was actually shown instead of a shadow :<), but it's still too early for new ones. This is only the 12th episode :/
Jan 4, 2010 6:28 PM
Nov 2009
smokes said:
Wasabi said:

That ED sounds a million times better the other one. I liked the 1st Op better than this one but its not too bad
Jan 4, 2010 6:38 PM

Feb 2009
Op&&end are kinda fail for me but I guess I'll get used to it. The episode was kinda meh for me too, but I hope it'll get more interesting soon.

Jan 4, 2010 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
What?! A new OP already? That's just way to fast damn...

I can see some improvements in the animation of the fights. I hope they can keep it up :D

smokes said:
Wasabi said:

That's the little sister of Mirajane, I think. I don't remember her being that big. I thought she had died... I'm pretty sure this will not be in a filler episode, I hope -__-
This is a signature.
Jan 4, 2010 7:11 PM

Aug 2009
Monochrome said:
I really like the new opening & ending. They're much better than the previous imo (though I wish Juvia was actually shown instead of a shadow :<), but it's still too early for new ones. This is only the 12th episode :/

Not like I can see into the future or anything but something tells me they'll fill in the shadows once we get to said arc.

Also, the comments above explaiin why Natsu looks so sad in the ED.
Jan 4, 2010 7:50 PM

May 2009
ShiraKiryuu said:
What?! A new OP already? That's just way to fast damn...

I can see some improvements in the animation of the fights. I hope they can keep it up :D

smokes said:
Wasabi said:

That's the little sister of Mirajane, I think. I don't remember her being that big. I thought she had died... I'm pretty sure this will not be in a filler episode, I hope -__-

the only time she appears (as i recall) its in the extra chapter about happy's egg, and she looks quite like in the manga.
Jan 4, 2010 8:30 PM

Mar 2009
Enjoyed that thought it was a nice change nice bit of plot and backstory in there.

Jan 5, 2010 12:03 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was so much crap. I couldn't gave a damn about Gray's lame past. Not funny as usual. The pacing was shit.

It's obvious the dude can't possibly defeat Deliora if he unleashes it so both of them will combine their efforts and save everyone. No, that's not a spoiler, just a brain-dead guess.
Jan 5, 2010 1:33 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode, I'm excited again with the story xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2010 3:59 AM

Sep 2009
Serioulsy the production team has bad taste in music..

The fight scenes are like manga illustrations but it doesnt bother me for some illlogical reason..^^

Next ep will have natsu but wanted to see gray fight more..it was little creppy to see gray cry because hes just too hot to cry *he he*

Atleast lucys dumb powers brings good music ;)
Jan 5, 2010 8:12 AM

Feb 2009
The new OP sounded kinda childish and upbeat...ED was better, fits in the mood of the ep, which was somewhat serious.. I dont think the OP will work well for the next eps but this is me ranting about nothing important ....

BGMs were great this time, gives a good mood...fights scenes were upped for a bit...and comedy was toned down the way Fairy Tail was supposed to be..."Professor Happy's Fairy Tail Lecture" was so random :D

Maybe they'll place
as an episode in between this arc and the Phantom arc. Dont know why they placed her in the OP and ED when she only appeared in one chapter. Maybe a filler arc?

Anyway, it was a good episode :D
Jan 5, 2010 8:21 AM

Jul 2008
this ep kept me interested damn but grey is gettin owned
Jan 5, 2010 8:27 AM

Oct 2009
Snow Fairy's a lot lot lot better than the new one. :s
But the new ED is more suitable.
Jan 5, 2010 9:39 AM

Jul 2007
I don't know why everybody is upset. I loved the new OP :3

(the moments after 1:00 in the op = awesome dbz melancholy :3)

Can'\t wait for next episode.
Jan 5, 2010 9:42 AM

Apr 2009
Sucky OP. Music is kinda nice, but the art still sucks donkeyballs. Art, because there is no animation. Just images. Even One Piece has better art.
Not to mention that there's too much comedy. Even One Piece has less comedy.

Yeah I'll stop comparing it to One Piece now.

Nice flashback.
Jan 5, 2010 9:45 AM

Jul 2009
Gay New Opening.....good episode tho
Jan 5, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
new op was a turn off for me =(
Jan 5, 2010 3:14 PM

Sep 2009
Well, there´s a good history arc finally!
Jan 5, 2010 3:36 PM

Sep 2008
Although the ED was a little odd for the emotion in the episode, I rather liked both new OP and ED.

I'm waiting for what Grey said about one-handed Ice Magic to play something of an important role, though moving magic should almost always be able to defeat motionless, unless the motionless is a shield that the user can cast through.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
50 minutes ago

» Do you agree with the idea of ​​adding blood to Fairy Tail ? ( 1 2 )

Satan-sama - Aug 3, 2013

58 by ModsZone »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

138 by phantom346 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

110 by phantom346 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 163 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

116 by phantom346 »»
3 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.