Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone confuse all the generic ecchi harem school fantasy animes together?

New
Mar 1, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2009
It's kinda funny, but with all of these high-school fantasy ecchi harem things, I end up remembering all of the plots in a mixed, amalgamous way. Like, Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu, Magika no Kenshi to Basileus (actualy still just a manga), Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, Seiken Tsukai no World Break, and Gakuen Toshi Asterisk... All the plot seem to blend together. I almost can't differentiate between at all :3

Why I watch/read this garbage, I myself cannot comprehend.

As an example:
Which image is from which series? (Without using internet resources):
http://imgur.com/a/YOP9r
Text that might reveal give hints has been cut out.

I doubt you'd be able to determine the answer easily, if at all.
Answers:

Mod Edit: Changed OP and Title slightly to make it less seeming of a SAO Bash thread.
TyrelMar 3, 2016 3:59 PM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2012
I had a much harder time watching Code Geass and remembering any merit in the show than I did with watching something like The Irregular at Magic High School.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 1, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
simply, you are stupid enough to not understand your own taste and keep watching something you obviously will dislike.

anyways, no. as long the excecution complitely noticable it deifferent. SAO and Log horizon has similiar concept, but is it make it confuse to differentiate? not really. i am more confuse when different series has similiar style. either visual style and writen style.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Sep 2009
Kuma said:
MortalMelancholy said:
simply, you are stupid enough to not understand your own taste and keep watching something you obviously will dislike.

anyways, no. as long the excecution complitely noticable it deifferent. SAO and Log horizon has similiar concept, but is it make it confuse to differentiate? not really. i am more confuse when different series has similiar style. either visual style and writen style.

Hey, that was uncalled for; there are complex situations and reasons behind why I choose to watch tons of garbage. And they're totally similar enough to become somewhat confusing to differentiate between them.
TyrelMar 3, 2016 4:00 PM

May 2014
go look for some unique shows then silly
Mar 1, 2016 11:29 AM

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Kuma said:

Hey, that was uncalled for; there are complex situations and reasons behind why I choose to watch tons of garbage. And they're totally similar enough to become somewhat confusing to differentiate between them.
tell me!

oh yeah, forgot, TBH, i found uber blatt much more similar to SAO rather than let's said seikan tsukai no world break.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 1, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2015
Yeah, no you're right OP.
Theyre all the same but then you can save your own time by not watching them in the first place.
Took me a while to figure that out as well..
CrappyGod-sama said:
I had a much harder time watching Code Geass and remembering any merit in the show than I did with watching something like The Irregular at Magic High School.

Not sure where you're coming from..
I thought that everyone agreed that objectively Mahouka has absolutely no redeeming points whatsoever..
Mar 1, 2016 11:31 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah when Rakudai Kishi and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk came out i confused them all the time
Mar 1, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:
oh yeah, forgot, TBH, i found uber blatt much more similar to SAO rather than let's said seikan tsukai no world break.

Well, the reason I mentioned Kirito was because all the MCs are... Best described as Kiritos (Harem Kings who are extremely good at swordsmanship for some particularly contrived reason). And I've mostly heard of people describing Ubel Blatt as a more modern, artistically different version of Berserk.
Mar 1, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Kuma said:

Well, the reason I mentioned Kirito was because all the MCs are... Best described as Kiritos (Harem Kings who are extremely good at swordsmanship for some particularly contrived reason). And I've mostly heard of people describing Ubel Blatt as a more modern, artistically different version of Berserk.
exactly, ubel blat mc is nothing different and better like those mc you mentioned that you looking down right at now.
Mar 1, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
GesuYarou said:
CrappyGod-sama said:

I thought that everyone agreed that objectively Mahouka has absolutely no redeeming points whatsoever..
You're right. There wasn't even a loli in that show. God, what a waste of time that was.

Mar 1, 2016 11:35 AM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:
MortalMelancholy said:

exactly, ubel blat mc is nothing different and better like those mc you mentioned that you looking down right at now.

Hey! I'm not looking down on them. They just happen to be extremely Kirito-like, to the point where differentiation becomes confusing.
Mar 1, 2016 11:38 AM

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Kuma said:

Hey! I'm not looking down on them. They just happen to be extremely Kirito-like, to the point where differentiation becomes confusing.
exactly. koinzell is one of those kirito-like character.
Mar 1, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:
MortalMelancholy said:

You're wrong. He's may have been in the past, but he got transformed into an angsty teenage elf.
Mar 1, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
GesuYarou said:
Theyre all the same but then you can save your own time by not watching them in the first place.
CrappyGod-sama said:

Mahouka has some redeeming points :

- Cool setting and interesting world history .
- Mysterious Onii-sama (though I find any mysterious character to be automatically entertaining so maybe it's just me .Mystery is one of my favourite genres .)
- Cool Onii-sama powers .
- Nice animation .
- Occasional cool fights .
- Technical jargon so complicated that you'll feel like a person with a Masters in Physics if you can understand it (not that I did) .
- Last arc was pretty entertaining imo .
- Rather than watching an MC struggle and always win ,watching him curbstomp everyone without trouble and always winning is entertaining in its own right .
- Character expressions when being curbstomped by Onii-sama .
- He's so ridiculously gary stu it's passed the point of bad and is entertaining .
omfgplzstop said:

On the other hand the series has Miyuki so everything might be turned to shit .

CrappyGod-sama said:
GesuYarou said:

You're right. There wasn't even a loli in that show. God, what a waste of time that was.

There was a loli if I remember correctly .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 1, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2009
SodiumChloride said:
GesuYarou said:

Mahouka has some redeeming points :

- Cool setting and world history .
- Mysterious Onii-sama (though I find any mysterious character to be automatically entertaining so maybe it's just me .Mystery is one of my favourite genres .)
- Cool Onii-sama powers .
- Nice animation .
- Occasional cool fights .
- Technical jargon so complicated that you'll feel like a person with a Masters in Physics if you can understand it .
- Last arc was pretty entertaining imo .
- Rather than watching an MC struggle and always win ,watching him curbstomp everyone without trouble and always winning is entertaining in its own right .
- Character expressions when being curbstomped by Onii-sama .
- He's so ridiculously gary stu it's passed the point of bad and is entertaining .
omfgplzstop said:

CrappyGod-sama said:

There was a loli if I remember correctly .

I thought that Mahouka had an interesting (and accurate-seeming) representation of Japanese manners and culture. MC behaves totally like what I'd expect of a typically educated Japanese guy.
Mar 1, 2016 11:48 AM

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Kuma said:
You're wrong. He's may have been in the past, but he got transformed into an angsty teenage elf.
exactly, that's the reason why he is kirito-like. he is angst and get bitches.
Mar 1, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
SodiumChloride said:
Only 5 ep in, but the amount of times she has said "Onii-Sama" is already higher than Yuno spammed "Yukki" in the entire show.

As for the topic, I love all dem "generic school setting haters" who continue reading/watching these shows, just to talk about how they are all the same and bad...this is why we can't have nice things.
Mar 1, 2016 11:50 AM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:
MortalMelancholy said:

What? Since when is Kirito angsty? He's just like "look at mah swordz, mah swords R amazing! I even gots 2 of 'em! Bow down to mah skillz!" and "Look at my Waifu, I'm super obsessed with dis waifu! And I got dese swordz!"

Snappynator said:
SodiumChloride said:
Only 5 ep in, but the amount of times she has said "Onii-Sama" is already higher than Yuno spammed "Yukki" in the entire show.

As for the topic, I love all dem "generic school setting haters" who continue reading/watching these shows, just to talk about how they are all the same and bad...this is why we can't have nice things.

I never once called them bad <.<
Mar 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
Kuma said:

What? Since when is Kirito angsty? He's just like "look at mah swordz, mah swords R amazing! I even gots 2 of 'em! Bow down to mah skillz!" and "Look at my Waifu, I'm super obsessed with dis waifu! And I got dese swordz!"

Snappynator said:

Not much of a difference between calling a show "bad" and "garbage".
Mar 1, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2009
Snappynator said:
MortalMelancholy said:

I consider garbage a necessary byproduct of living. Things that are "bad" are things undeserving of existence.
Mar 1, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
MortalMelancholy said:

He went emo after episode 3 or so tho ....
Mar 1, 2016 11:54 AM

Aug 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
Snappynator said:

I consider garbage a necessary byproduct of living. Things that are "bad" are things undeserving of existence.

The main point is that you clearly don't like those type of stories, so it's odd that you for whatever reason decide to continue reading/watching them.
Mar 1, 2016 11:55 AM

Sep 2009
SodiumChloride said:
MortalMelancholy said:

No, that's just a typical NEET withdrawl behavior. "Oh no! Something with serious and permanent implications happened! I'd better withdraw myself into my NEET shell.

Snappynator said:
MortalMelancholy said:

The main point is that you clearly don't like those type of stories, so it's odd that you for whatever reason decide to continue reading/watching them.

I don't like a lot of things, but I need entertainment otherwise I'll (probably) die of boredom. No need to get off topic and criticize my anime-watching behavior =/
Mar 1, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
As long as its not school + swordfights + ecchi & harem u should have been fine. I guess not.
Mar 1, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
Stop watch ecchi/harem
problem solved
+Sao is the only anime that even after 4 years people still bash it xD

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
SodiumChloride said:

No, that's just a typical NEET withdrawl behavior. "Oh no! Something with serious and permanent implications happened! I'd better withdraw myself into my NEET shell.
dude, do you even watch the series? or just read it opinion on internet?

Jul 2015
MortalMelancholy said:

Then how about his period of angst when Asuna was captured ?
Mar 1, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
I don't confuse them because I don't watch them. That type of show is cancer. Like a tumor growing on the back of the anime industry.
Mar 1, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
There are multiple generic ecchi harem school fantasy kiritos?

I thought all those series were just sequels to SAO
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 1, 2016 12:05 PM

Nov 2015
@SodiumChloride Yeah, I guess I can agree with you on the art and animation but then watching Onii-sama shitting all over his opponents was the exact opposite of entertaining.
Also Miyuki a stupid hoe..
The technical jargon stuff was just 'what even?' and the world history was just skimmed over. Hell, skimmed over is an understatement, it got about precisely 3 and a half minutes of screen time..

But one thing we all can agree on is the grils mang..
Mayumi and Mari best grils...
Mar 1, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2013
I don't watch these type of series unless I have something really strong that motivates me to watch them. I think the only one I have seem is Mahouka, and that is supposed to be one of the best of the genre.
Mar 1, 2016 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
Illyricus said:
I don't watch these type of series unless I have something really strong that motivates me to watch them. I think the only one I have seem is Mahouka, and that is supposed to be one of the best of the genre.

Poor Illy .You weren't prepared to meet a god .
Mar 1, 2016 12:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MortalMelancholy said:
It's kinda funny, but with all of these high-school fantasy ecchi harem kirito things, I end up remembering all of the plots in a mixed, amalgamous way. Like, Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu, Magika no Kenshi to Basileus (actualy still just a manga), Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, Seiken Tsukai no World Break, and Gakuen Toshi Asterisk... All the plot seem to blend together. I almost can't differentiate between at all :3

Gr8 b8 m8

Anyway I took it

Uh no, they're all different shows, they aren't any closer than super hero shows are

Do u confuse batman, superman, spiderman, the hulk?
Mar 1, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
SodiumChloride said:
Illyricus said:

Poor Illy .You weren't prepared to meet a god .
If only the series would have treated about Onii-sama destroying plebs and not boring talking about technomagic...
Mar 1, 2016 12:52 PM
Jan 2015
Illyricus said:

Mahouka doesn't even fit in this category besides that its a "magic high school". Its not a harem(though there is one, but its just a minor subplot), its not a fantasy(its based of the modern world in supernatural/scfi/futuristic setting, and its certainly not ecchi(fan service is pretty moderate).
My Queens

Mar 1, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2015
-Mahesvara said:
Illyricus said:

Mahouka doesn't even fit in this category besides that its a "magic high school". Its not a harem(though there is one, but its just a minor subplot), its not a fantasy(its based of the modern world in supernatural/scfi/futuristic setting, and its certainly not ecchi(fan service is pretty moderate).

That's right bro .Defend our anime .
Mar 1, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
It's kinda funny, but with all of these high-school fantasy ecchi harem kirito things, I end up remembering all of the plots in a mixed, amalgamous way. Like, Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu, Magika no Kenshi to Basileus (actualy still just a manga), Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, Seiken Tsukai no World Break, and Gakuen Toshi Asterisk... All the plot seem to blend together. I almost can't differentiate between at all :3

why would you even bother to think about something as trivial as the plot ..? in this kind of anime..the best thing to do while watching them is ignoring the plot and while the characters are fighting something to save something for some reason, you should ignore them..if they start talking about how some organization want to attack them and discussing what they should do to stop them, you still ignore them ..because during this time, you will be self-inserting yourself in the last fanservice/ecchi scene happened till another fanservice/ecchi scene take place..
Mar 1, 2016 1:04 PM
Jan 2015
SodiumChloride said:
-Mahesvara said:

That's right bro .Defend our anime .

I will till the death

#fuk30characters
My Queens

Mar 1, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2008
I don't confuse them but I do categorize them together, as generic highschool battle harems, which are usually light novel adaptions these days. SAO and Mahouka don't fall in the category, though I can see why people put them in it.
Mar 1, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2009
Mamster-P said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Gr8 b8 m8

Anyway I took it

Uh no, they're all different shows, they aren't any closer than super hero shows are

Not really, because one is a guy dressing up as a bat, one is a muscular alien, one is a spider, and one is a big green thing.
Mar 1, 2016 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
nice troll thread-desu~

Kuma said:

Oh, in what? I personally find uber Blatt's MC similar to Isekai no Seikishi's MC in terms of blandness, maybe somehow similar to meliodas/Ousawa and Layfon too but my Layfon is best layfon~
Those dark bladetails are cool though.

I'm shocked, so Ubell's MC is better because he helped some horny consented little girl to masturbate~

Gotta learn to distinguish guts, kirito, tatsuya, even layfon and that Rakudai's MC from basileus/blade dance/world break/asterisk/ubel or any other MC you want to put them with.
Mar 1, 2016 1:42 PM

Mar 2015
Lap1 said:
nice troll thread-desu~

Kuma said:

Oh, in what? I personally find uber Blatt's MC similar to Isekai no Seikishi's MC in terms of blandness, maybe somehow similar to meliodas/Ousawa and Layfon too but my Layfon is best layfon~
Those dark bladetails are cool though.

I'm shocked, so Ubell's MC is better because he helped some horny consented little girl to masturbate~

Gotta learn to distinguish guts, kirito, tatsuya, even layfon and that Rakudai's MC from basileus/blade dance/world break/asterisk/ubel or any other MC you want to put them with.
dude, you totaly miss my point.....
Mar 1, 2016 2:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MortalMelancholy said:
Mamster-P said:

Gr8 b8 m8

Anyway I took it

Not really, because one is a guy dressing up as a bat, one is a muscular alien, one is a spider, and one is a big green thing.

ok, do the characters look alike in ecchi harems lol?

just cause a show has the same premise doesn't mean the show is the same lol

its like the people who look at a franchise like super smash bros and think all the games are the same just cause they have the same premise
Mar 1, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2009
Mamster-P said:
MortalMelancholy said:

ok, do the characters look alike in ecchi harems lol?

just cause a show has the same premise doesn't mean the show is the same lol

its like the people who look at a franchise like super smash bros and think all the games are the same just cause they have the same premise

Yeah, they kinda do.

Many of the harem characters are extremely similar too.
Mar 1, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2012
There are trends in the industryyyyyyyyy? Studios start to adapt series that resemble other successful onesssS? Oh me oh my! Has this alwaaaaaaays been a thing?

Mar 1, 2016 2:35 PM

Sep 2015
A lot of them have the same premise and structure but still maintain enough differences to at least be able to tell them apart.

Even the currently airing Bahamut anime - which is the embodiment of genericness - has a few things to tell it apart.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 1, 2016 2:42 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MortalMelancholy said:

Yeah, they kinda do.

Many of the harem characters are extremely similar too.

i wasn't thinking about the dudes, i'm not looking at them lol

Nagirah said:

I do confuse all the superhero series, because they're all taken from the same trash can.

lol the hate is real, not gonna lie, i do confuse superheros sometimes but thats only cause i don't watch the series, though i do see some of the movies

don't make them trash

ItsMaz said:
A lot of them have the same premise and structure but still maintain enough differences to at least be able to tell them apart.

Even the currently airing Bahamut anime - which is the embodiment of genericness - has a few things to tell it apart.

yes, this exactly

same with the superhero series lol
Mar 1, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2012
That's why I don't even watch them if they don't interest me from the synopsis or voice cast.
Mar 1, 2016 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
No, I have no problem remembering the good ones and the forgettable ones are just forgotten, which is true of any genre.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

19 by AverageRiceFan »»
4 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
19 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.