Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 1, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
Megumin taking 1st tho, as expected of our explosion girl.

http://sneakerbunko.jp/special/konosuba-charavote/index.php
Mar 1, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
Damn it. You beat me to it!

I also wanted to contribute... so here you go! Best girl is best girl.

This poll began on 23rd December 2015 to 31st January 2016 with a total of 18362 voters! That's amazing really. So Megumin is already way popular in her debut in episode 2 (since episode 3 aired on 28th January and the poll ended on 31st January, I doubt it would change a lot of voting influence)

Translation of the rankings by a reddit user: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1487168#msg44981747
DarklordVorMar 1, 2016 5:50 PM

Mar 1, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
^Oh I saw this on your reddit thread .

Imma type what I typed there again .

MEEEEGUUUUUUUUMIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 1, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
Man, people have shit taste.
Something about those chuunibyos, I guess...
Mar 1, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
CondemneDio said:
Man, people have shit taste.
Something about those chuunibyos, I guess...

Well you see, chuunibyous are an wonderful, but fleeting existence, whose evanescence makes all the more beautiful; in time, however, they will fall to Earth and become:

One of these riajuu things.
MortalMelancholyMar 1, 2016 11:17 PM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Mar 1, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2015
Was there ever any doubt? Megumin is the best girl. Explosion!!
Mar 1, 2016 1:50 PM
May 2015
People's favorite is people's favorite. Even Aqua, the "main heroine" didn't break through the top 3 lol. I don't even know any of these girls, the anime is way behind.
Mar 1, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:

There was never a doubt... even Kadokawa knew it. This Character Poll PV was posted on 22nd December 2015, with Takahashi Rie (Megumin's VA) as the narrator.

I just love how Megumin is the last on the entry and suddenly the BGM stopped and she said "Hello, give a way to the true heroine." Then she answers everything with explosion! And the little chibi Megumin in the end... Kadokawa knows how to treat best girl that's for sure.

Megumin starts on 3:01, since people probably don't know 75% of the characters, it's probably best to skip it.

Mar 1, 2016 2:45 PM

Oct 2013
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

There was never a doubt... even Kadokawa knew it. This Character Poll PV was posted on 22nd December 2015, with Takahashi Rie (Megumin's VA) as the narrator.

I just love how Megumin is the last on the entry and suddenly the BGM stopped and she said "Hello, give a way to the true heroine." Then she answers everything with explosion! And the little chibi Megumin in the end... Kadokawa knows how to treat best girl that's for sure.

Megumin starts on 3:01, since people probably don't know 75% of the characters, it's probably best to skip it.

lol, the narrator even said Katsuragi, ups... Mitsurugi

the chicken is so cute!!! too bad, its not a dragon. im still waiting vol 7 chapter 2 from novel
Mar 1, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2015
Well, it's not a surprise tbh. Explosion girl = Best girl.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 1, 2016 5:41 PM

Mar 2015
Translations given by a reddit user, I put in spoiler tag so people can avoid non-anime characters (up to episode 7).

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/48i8nt/kono_subarashii_sekai_ni_shukufuku_wo_official/d0k1dzi?context=3

1. Megumin:

"My name is Megumin. She who holds the most popularity in this series and has won the throne of main character." The one who will strike down the Demon Lord and desires to gain the title of True Demon (Magic?) Lord! Now, my comrades who have been charmed by the allure of explosion magic. Walk with me along the path of explosion!

2. Eris:

"Aaaahh, What to do, what to do, Senpai's definitely going to get mad at me....!" Or rather, even though I haven't had much screentime, how am I so high up...!? Well, of course I'm happy! To have received votes from so many people, I'm of course really happy! A comment, some sort of comment.... May not just this world that I watch over, but the world in which you all live in be peaceful!

4. Aqua:

"How the hell did I lose to Eris? Something's wrong. Something's clearly wrong here!" I can sense some dirty work by Eris apostles. Axis cult members may be low in number, but each one is capable and talented, so each of their votes should count about 10 times. In the first place, I'm the main character, so a special PV or something should have been prepared just for me. In addition, more like (cut off)

6. Darkness:

"Neither in the top nor bottom spots, what a strange placing...." Kazuma would probably say something like what an ordinary placing. No, if it's Kazuma, he'd surely say something like this. "You really can't get it together can you? Do you not have any redeeming features other than your toughness and your eroticism? It can't be helped, I'll make you some new traits!". Then Kazuma would put his hands on my (could be referring to his clothes instead) clothes..(cut off)

8. Kazuma:

"This is strange, isn't it? Nono, the fact that I'm 8th is weird, right..." Hm? Wasn't I the protagonist? I'm the main character Kazuma-san, right? Then what's with 8th place? Was I not the main character? Aren't there usually special treatment (guess) for the main character, you know, stuff like this or that, all kinds of stuff. You know, stuff that kind of gets some more votes or something. Actually, let's look at this in a positive light and be thankful that there are people cheering for a HikiNEET...!

13. Luna:

"I, who's been called the beautiful receptionist lady, lost to a cat and a chick? That's a lie, right? You're lying, right?" Wait, just wait a second. Please say it's a lie! Noooo, even though I'm working this hard everyday, what's with me losing to a cat and a chick! I want to quit my job! I want to quit my job and go back to my parents' home! Please, someone support (support as in provide for) me....

14. Chris:

Recruiting members for the Silver Haired Thieves' Group!
1st, Absolutely follow the orders of the boss! 2nd, Don't sexually harass the boss! 3rd, It'd be nice if you are a member of the Eris Church!
Those who follow the above, go see the Accel branch chief Satou Kazuma...!
*Even though she wasn't technically one of the 15 options, write-in votes got her to this rank.

16. Mitsurugi:

"I-it's okay. It's not like I'm a hero because I wanted to be popular or anything." And I heard that there were some additional votes that had my name wrong, too. If you include those....Huh? Even with those, I'm in 16th? I-is that right. No, it's fine. It's completely fine. After all, I'm the hero chosen by the goddess of water Aqua-sama, so something like this doesn't (cut off)

Mar 1, 2016 6:19 PM
Jul 2011
I would vote for 5th.
Mar 1, 2016 9:07 PM

Jan 2016
No!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is it that iris or eris can't win
By the way just asking is there anywhere that I can see the vote count of each character?
Mar 1, 2016 10:15 PM

Mar 2015
RaiZero said:
No!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is it that iris or eris can't win
By the way just asking is there anywhere that I can see the vote count of each character?

It was not deliberately stated, but according to the host of the live ranking talk show, (around the minute of 55:40-ish), the difference between rank 1 and rank 2 was very big.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv251025529

People who understands Japanese or get a gist of it should watch it! I love the part where Kazuma's VA and Megumin's VA exchange outfit and roles lol. Fukushima Jun's voice as Megumin is too hilarious!

Mar 1, 2016 11:15 PM

Oct 2014
No surprise, tbh.
Takahashi Rie's VA-ing skills really came as a big surprise to most people. (not to me, though, since I've been following her since her triple main debut last year.)
Plus, chuunibyou roles sell in Japan.
(remember Uchida Maaya first big role, anyone?)

And Eris will never get enough screen time to catch up to Megumin.
That's why we, faithful follower of Eris-sama, should establish a church, else we will get wiped out ASAP. :P
Mar 2, 2016 12:32 AM
May 2015
Do you have a minute to talk about our savior goddess Eris?
Mar 2, 2016 12:37 AM

Jan 2015
Megumin and Eris, finally a poll where the two best girls are in their respective places. Really hope for a S2 and some LN's to start getting dished out.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 2, 2016 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
ofc no surprise in this poll. Megumin ftw!
Mar 2, 2016 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
Megumin no.1 as expected my fav character X3
Mar 2, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2016
Well one more thing that surprise me more than eris is that iris got no 3(hope she got no2 since she is no 2 in the early stage).what surprises me is that she only appears in volume 6 in LN while aqua who got the themost screen time still got no 4.imagine that she also appears in the anime bet she will get no1.
Mar 2, 2016 9:17 PM

Mar 2015
RaiZero said:
Well one more thing that surprise me more than eris is that iris got no 3(hope she got no2 since she is no 2 in the early stage).what surprises me is that she only appears in volume 6 in LN while aqua who got the themost screen time still got no 4.imagine that she also appears in the anime bet she will get no1.

That depends... when Megumin got more animated screen time (which I heard around volume 5?), she could even stay on #1 forever lol.

Mar 2, 2016 9:48 PM

Oct 2014
KaizerKoala said:
Do you have a minute to talk about our savior goddess Eris?

but I wonder if the thread will got killed ASAP if we actually make one.

DarklordVor said:
RaiZero said:

That depends... when Megumin got more animated screen time (which I heard around volume 5?), she could even stay on #1 forever lol.

Nah, I think Megumin will stay #1 for a while.
- As DarklordVor said, Megumin will always have screen-time. (her personal arc (the red crimson village arc) is not even animated.)
- That voting was done even before Eris was on screen. We can safely say that we won't see Eris' arc until season 3/prolonged season 2 (even if there's any.)
All those voters who voted for Eris & Iris, are definitely LN readers. (That's why the gap is so big.)

Mar 2, 2016 10:05 PM

Mar 2015
Megumin's #1 rank visual art is officially published now~

Mar 2, 2016 10:11 PM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
Megumin's #1 rank visual art is officially published now~

I thought I had to go buy a Sneakerbunko magazine to get the poster!

*saving.... printing.... looking for A3 paper.... printing....*
Mar 2, 2016 10:34 PM

Mar 2015
Also, the KonoSuba character poll website have updated the Megumin's #1 rank visual art to be downloaded.

http://sneakerbunko.jp/special/konosuba-charavote/index.php

Mar 3, 2016 3:10 AM

Jan 2016
Say I just remembered one thing arent akatsuki natsume said that he will write a story about the character that gets no 1. Anyone have any news about that. By the way this is one of the reason I want iris or eris to win because I want to read more about them and megumin already had her own spinoff.
Mar 3, 2016 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
Best girl won the poll, nothing surprise.
Mar 4, 2016 4:07 AM

Sep 2011
Revvie-chan said:

Spoiler tag just to be safe

GitahMuttanMar 4, 2016 4:13 AM
Mar 4, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2016
GitahMuttan said:
Revvie-chan said:

Well just something to add to what you said and a bit spoiler for vol 8
Mar 4, 2016 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
RaiZero said:
GitahMuttan said:

Well just something to add to what you said and a bit spoiler for vol 8

Thanks for the very detailed spoiler! Comments on spoiler are on tag just to be safe (as always)

How many demon king bosses are left anyway?
Mar 4, 2016 7:23 PM
Jan 2013
So the Japanese and My Anime List have the same taste....

Mar 4, 2016 9:41 PM

Mar 2013
I just found someone fixing Megumin.

Mar 8, 2016 7:49 AM

Jan 2016
can someone give me the link to the video of the poll result
Mar 8, 2016 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
better not open this spoiler if you doesn't read the LN
Mar 8, 2016 3:04 PM

Mar 2015
RaiZero said:

Hmm... you mean this one?

It still doesn't have the numbers of voters in the poll result if you're looking for that.

Mar 8, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2015
Tevens said:
better not open this spoiler if you doesn't read the LN

Mar 8, 2016 6:35 PM

Jan 2016
DarklordVor said:
RaiZero said:

It still doesn't have the numbers of voters in the poll result if you're looking for that.

nope, just want to watch it
Mar 8, 2016 8:36 PM

Mar 2015
RaiZero said:
DarklordVor said:

So is the one you're looking for? Since I think this is the only video relating about the poll (which starts around the minute 50-ish)

Mar 9, 2016 4:02 AM

Jan 2016
DarklordVor said:
RaiZero said:

So is the one you're looking for? Since I think this is the only video relating about the poll (which starts around the minute 50-ish)
yeah because I want to watch the part where megumin's VA change her clothes with Kazuma's Va and then they do Voice acting for each character
Mar 9, 2016 7:28 AM

Sep 2013
It's only natural that Megumin is the winner.
As a side though, I still have no idea why Eris is so popular, I've read 6 volumes of the novel and she's hardly even there.
Mar 9, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2016
talentlessash said:
As a side though, I still have no idea why Eris is so popular, I've read 6 volumes of the novel and she's hardly even there.

well because when compared she with all the other main characters(aqua darkness and megumin) she is the one who have the best personality. Also that character poll is based on after volume 8 which finally is an eris volume which shows so many of her good sides.One thing I can say is that if eris screentime in the LN is as same as megumin then maybe she can becomes no 1
also if you plus the number of vote of her counterpart at that maybe she can become no 1
what you should be more weird should be that Iris is no3. Although I myself thinks that she deserve it and vote for her during the character popularity poll
RaiZeroMar 9, 2016 9:56 PM
Mar 9, 2016 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
RaiZero said:
talentlessash said:

well because when compared she with all the other main characters(aqua darkness and megumin) she is the one who have the best personality. Also that character poll is based on after volume 8 which finally is an eris volume which shows so many of her good sides.One thing I can say is that if eris screentime in the LN is as same as megumin then maybe she can becomes no 1
I just kind of accepted Iris as a high ranker since her type is usually popular and she had quite an impact in the 1 volume she appeared.
Mar 30, 2016 2:37 AM
May 2009
Lol the poll is jokes in its own right. Megumin being 1 Is expected.

Eris being second kinda understandable since she is probably the most normal.
shintai88Mar 30, 2016 2:44 AM
Mar 30, 2016 4:52 AM

Sep 2008
And here I am thinking Kazuma was the best character.
Feb 6, 2019 9:27 PM

Sep 2008
Megumin is Best Girl
Aug 16, 2019 10:32 AM
Apr 2018
EXPLOOOOSSSSION

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

387 by S2P_cinephile »»
9 hours ago

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

17 by HenryLeo123 »»
Today, 2:26 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

415 by HomelessWzrd »»
Apr 7, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.