Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Bungou Stray Dogs' to Air in Split Cours

New
Mar 1, 2016 5:33 AM

Jul 2009
The official website of the Spring 2016 anime Bungou Stray Dogs has announced that the series will air in two separate cours of 12 episodes each. The second cours will begin airing in October 2016. A new promotional video was also released.

Bungou Stray Dogs adapts the supernatural mystery manga written by Kafka Asagiri and drawn by Harukawa35. The series will begin airing on April 7 at 1:05 a.m. on Tokyo MX and other networks.

PV 2

Source: Official site

Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season on MAL
arsonalMar 1, 2016 7:16 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2016 5:43 AM

Mar 2012
Split-cour, Split-cour everywhere!

Japan is now in economical crisis isn't it?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 1, 2016 5:44 AM

Jan 2015
...better than just 1 cour but still...
Mar 1, 2016 5:50 AM

Apr 2014
Zeta-Astacion said:

A crisis because u get a second season?

Let's just have 1 season and hope for good sales that's sounds so much better
Mar 1, 2016 5:54 AM
Mar 2010
Oh wonderful! I have this plus All Out! for Fall already. Great!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 1, 2016 5:55 AM

Feb 2013
Aww split cour, still better than just 12/13 eps.
I'm so hyped for this anime :3 (+ Mamoru Miyano & Yoshimasa Hosoya ♥)
Mar 1, 2016 5:59 AM

Jul 2009
Bungou Stray Dogs is on Tokyo MX at 1:05 am, and Onigiri is on Tokyo MX at 1:00 am. We know what that means for the latter.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 1, 2016 6:10 AM

Jul 2015
Now I just hope for Boku no Hero to be Split Cour also
Sup...
Mar 1, 2016 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
For some reasons I'm glad it's not just 1-cour. In the other hand I'm little worried because Bones will be full of work this year. If the 2nd cour of this airs in fall, maybe Mob Psycho will be aired in summer, considering they have showed the first PV of Mob recently.

That aside, the PV looks cool, and the music makes it even better. Liked that OP song !
Look forword to this.
Now let's just hope Bones will keep up their works throughout this year.
Mar 1, 2016 6:20 AM

Mar 2012
moodie said:
Zeta-Astacion said:

Split-cour is the reason why Japan is on Economical Crisis and they're running out of money that fast.

This is why actual 2-cour shows are not common in modern anime.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 1, 2016 6:22 AM
Dec 2015
Hhyypppeee!!!!

Mamoru Miyano will play Mad Character again since Tsukiyama in Tokyo Ghoul.
I know this anime will have more than 1 cour.
I'm sure Bungou Stray Dogs will break BD sales record for Bones later.

Mark My Words..
NotThisShitAgainMar 1, 2016 6:39 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Mar 1, 2016 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
Split-cour interesting.

I didn't think it would be a split cour at first but the series has promise so looking forward to it for sure now. Bones sure is busy this year.
Mar 1, 2016 6:33 AM

Dec 2009
YESS MORE THAN ONE COUR.. OHMYGOSH SO HYPED UP CRYING T___T
THAT PV LOOKS AWESOMEEEEEEEE
Mar 1, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
Zeta-Astacion said:
moodie said:

Split-cour is the reason why Japan is on Economical Crisis and they're running out of money that fast.

i like split cours tbh. idk if its just me but even an amazing 2 cour anime gets tiring when u enter the new season. so a split cour to me feels refreshing.

id rather have more split cours than just 1 cour if we are on a decline of 2 cour series.
moodieMar 1, 2016 6:51 AM
Mar 1, 2016 6:47 AM

Jan 2015
Zeta-Astacion said:
moodie said:

You have no idea what you're talking about....
Mar 1, 2016 7:06 AM

Feb 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Now I just hope for Boku no Hero to be Split Cour also

HeroAca will be broadcasted in Nichigo Slot (MBS, Sunday 5pm), so most likely it will be 2 cours (airing from Spring til Summer).

Zeta-Astacion said:

I think split-cours, or anime itself doesn't have much impact on Japan's economy in general.
But I think it's more economical and efficient to be split-cours. The purpose of anime is to boost the original source sales, and merchandise (in this case Novel, Manga, and other products like figures, etc), so even if the Blu-ray won't sell much, if the manga and novel get more popularity / boost in sales, it's enough for them.
*The original source already very popular in Japan though. Probably we will even get Drama CD for spin-off novel and hopefully the OVA :D

Studio D also have to work on Show By Rock short anime and 2nd season, by the way.

========
I don't know if this news already mentioned before, but the CM for Bungo Stay Dogs spin-off novel, "Bungou Stray Dogs Gaiden : Ayatsuji Yukito VS Kyogoku Natsuhiko", goes on sale in January 30th.

Cast :

Ayatsuji Yukito : Sasai Hiroo
Tsujimura Mizuki : Takahashi Rie
Kyogoku Natsuhiko : Asashina Junpei

If it gets Drama CD or OVA, most likely they will use this cast :D

kyuudereMar 1, 2016 7:19 AM
Mar 1, 2016 7:34 AM

Jun 2014
I guess I'm fine with this, it's better than only getting one cour and then having to just hope it sells well enough to get another season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 1, 2016 7:39 AM

Mar 2014
I is confused, is this the second season or has Season 1 not aired yet?

Looks very promising.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Mar 1, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2012
moodie said:
Zeta-Astacion said:

Its not that..it is that you rarely get any series that air straight as 2 cour anymore. You have to admit split cour shows are becoming much more popular to produce than straight series.

Also split cour do not really count as a first and second season..it just means it was already planned to run for 2 cour worth of episodes except now..they are taking a break in between production and airing the rest of the same season later.
Mar 1, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
StardustNyako said:

Looks very promising.

It means the show has two seasons but with a 3-month break hence the split-cour. The cour is 12 episodes each with the split being the break.
Mar 1, 2016 8:50 AM

Mar 2015
Is this like "K 2.0"? because to me, it really looks like it is.
Mar 1, 2016 9:09 AM
Jul 2015
The PV is great thanks to Igarashi hopefully the source material will be good unlike Captain Earth.
Mar 1, 2016 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
Really looking forward to this show, so i'm glad it's getting more episodes :D
Mar 1, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
StardustNyako said:

Looks very promising.

It means the show has two seasons but with a 3-month break hence the split-cour. The cour is 12 episodes each with the split being the break.
I knew what split cour meant, just wondering if Season 1 had aired yet cause everyone was saying Season 2.
Mar 1, 2016 9:20 AM

Jul 2013
"And you thought Bones won't get any busier?" lol.

Totally expected this to be 1-cour tbh but I'm fine with this.

StardustNyako said:
I knew what split cour meant, just wondering if Season 1 had aired yet cause everyone was saying Season 2.

Well, for some reason, MAL is listing all of the 2nd-cour of a split-cour series as 2nd Season. The 1st-cour will be airing this April while the 2nd-cour will be in October.

Mar 1, 2016 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
EasyGo-er said:
"And you thought Bones won't get any busier?" lol.

Totally expected this to be 1-cour tbh but I'm fine with this.

StardustNyako said:

Well, for some reason, MAL is listing all of the 2nd-cour of a split-cour series as 2nd Season. The 1st-cour will be airing this April while the 2nd-cour will be in October.
K thenm, thank you much!
Mar 1, 2016 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
Looks interesting specially with that op, but I was kinda hoping it would be more "serious" than this :/
Mar 1, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
nekome201 said:
For some reasons I'm glad it's not just 1-cour. In the other hand I'm little worried because Bones will be full of work this year. If the 2nd cour of this airs in fall, maybe Mob Psycho will be aired in summer, considering they have showed the first PV of Mob recently.

That aside, the PV looks cool, and the music makes it even better. Liked that OP song !
Look forword to this.

I'll remind you that Bones have enough manpower and sub-studios to make 4 series per season.
Mar 1, 2016 10:20 AM

May 2014
Based Bones. Was really hoping this would get 2-cours worth of content so split-cour is perfect. PV looks and sounds amazing plus sounds very interesting. Bones cementing their place as my favourite studio recently.
Mar 1, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2008
Didn't think I could any more hyped for this - happily wrong! :D

Loving the latest PV but think maybe they should of held off on showing so many snippets from key action scenes... ?
Mar 1, 2016 12:09 PM

Mar 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
nekome201 said:

Look forword to this.

I'll remind you that Bones have enough manpower and sub-studios to make 4 series per season.

A studio having 4 sub-studios doesn't mean that they can make 4 animes with quality, the normal would be two projects in production + two projects in pre-production where the sub-studio can help each other.
When every sub-studio have a anime the help don't happen, and the quality can be affected.
4 animes per season is probably one looking great, other 2 looking ok/good, and the last one looking bad, this for bones.

Look at bones in spring season of 2014 where the situation is similar, when most of them looked bad, this spring season can be even worse.

Sunrise have 6 SUB-STUDIOS, and they don't make 6 tv size animes per season.
Mar 1, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
Sounds cool, will definitely watch this. It being a split cour 12 ep is an added bonus, since this hopefully means they won't rush it badly.
Mar 1, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Looks kinda similar to gangsta. Definitely going to give this a shot.
Mar 1, 2016 12:23 PM
Jul 2015
lezerman said:

They have 14 Sub-Studios.
Mar 1, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
Hate it when they do split cour..
Mar 1, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
bones may have outdone theirselves by this. i had next to no interest in them after they butchered noragami. good thing they made this anime, or else i would have completely forgot i had the manga in my list for years :P
Mar 1, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2015
Dab1za9 said:
lezerman said:

Holy Shit, 14 Sub-Studios and don't make more than 3 animes per season.
Mar 1, 2016 12:58 PM
May 2015
TomDay said:
bones may have outdone theirselves by this. i had next to no interest in them after they butchered noragami. good thing they made this anime, or else i would have completely forgot i had the manga in my list for years :P
butchered noragami? I heard the first season had an original ending and that's it
Mar 1, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2009
oryo23 said:
TomDay said:
butchered noragami? I heard the first season had an original ending and that's it

That so called anime original arc was published as special manga volume anyway.
Mar 1, 2016 1:26 PM
May 2015
bastek66 said:
oryo23 said:

That so called anime original arc was published as special manga volume anyway.
so how is it butchered? lol
Mar 1, 2016 1:52 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Yay, at least it's confirmed that it will be a two cour anime!
Mar 1, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
Split cour format sucks, straight 2 cour season anyday. Althought it's understandable given in today's industry how much production load a studio gets & there arent enough workers.

lezerman said:
Dab1za9 said:

as far as I'm aware sunrise had 11 studios, 11th one forming around 2011-12.

Last year bandai made a new sister studio "bandai pictures" sth where some sunrise studios got shifted, so I'm not sure the current count of studios sunrise have.

And yes, 4 sub-studios doesnt mean bones can do 3-4 solidly produced shows at one season.(will take quite an amount of outsourcing for that).

I wont be surprised if 1 bones show gets shafted really hard, they arent really used to this much load. *cough kekkai sensen final episode*
hopefully they pull it off.
JetNoirMar 1, 2016 2:44 PM
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Mar 1, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
Meh, blatant fujoshi bait is not my thing. At least the visuals look pretty, it is Bones after all.
Mar 1, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2015
eromangasensei said:
Split cour format sucks, straight 2 cour season anyday. Althought it's understandable given in today's industry how much production load a studio gets & there arent enough workers.

lezerman said:

Last year bandai made a new sister studio "bandai pictures" sth where some sunrise studios got shifted, so I'm not sure the current count of studios sunrise have.

And yes, 4 sub-studios doesnt mean bones can do 3-4 solidly produced shows at one season.(will take quite an amount of outsourcing for that).

I wont be surprised if 1 bones show gets shafted really hard, they arent really used to this much load. *cough kekkai sensen final episode*

Apparently it is 10 sunrise and 4 Bandai

source:https://ask.fm/valerauko/answers/133257298163 (He is PA at sunrise)
Mar 1, 2016 3:26 PM

Feb 2015
oryo23 said:

they went off the story in S1 (which i was all for since i had read the manga anyway) and then they went back into the plot in S2 which i deemed extremely messy and boring. they should have just kept going off track and went with their own story.
Mar 1, 2016 3:26 PM

Jun 2013
Dab1za9 said:
eromangasensei said:

Apparently it is 10 sunrise and 4 Bandai

source:https://ask.fm/valerauko/answers/133257298163 (He is PA at sunrise)

thanx for the info mate. So sunrise still has 10 & bandai's got 4.

(my source was this btw https://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/a-rundown-of-the-studios-at-sunrise/) but obviously a production assistant at sunrise would know more than a fan, lel.
JetNoirMar 1, 2016 3:31 PM
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Mar 1, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2013
TomDay said:
oryo23 said:

they went off the story in S1 (which i was all for since i had read the manga anyway) and then they went back into the plot in S2 which i deemed extremely messy and boring. they should have just kept going off track and went with their own story.

But that's not called butchering, it's called your opinion, and no one cares.

Mar 1, 2016 5:17 PM

Jun 2009
Not really a fan of split cours but hey at least its not just one cour.

Mar 1, 2016 5:35 PM

Jan 2015
Better than only 1 cour.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 1, 2016 5:59 PM

Mar 2015
Well, I suppose that's to be expected, considering how Bones has to work with three series this season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 10 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.