Forum Settings
Forums

Death scenes and ending outcomes removed from English localized Bravely Second, more appearence alterations, and removed content from the art book. Nintendo confirmed responsible.

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 2, 2016 3:39 PM
Jul 2015
Immahnoob said:
It actually is relevant to the story.

Would you complain about this if the original game were like the localized version
Of course not.

I should realize sooner this was a complete waste of time.

Mar 2, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
Shinjisus said:
Immahnoob said:
It actually is relevant to the story.

Of course not.

I should realize sooner this was a complete waste of time.
We're sorry if you have a different perception of how choices having no impact on the story when they did beforehand damages the story.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 2, 2016 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Heh,this sounds like 4kids dub of One Piece.
Mar 2, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2015
people will buy it anyway, so all the complaints will amount to nothing
Mar 3, 2016 5:48 AM

Oct 2012
SaturdayKrush said:
Pabloc said:
And what stops this trend from spreading and escalating, really? Nothing. People buy this crap anyway, no matter how butchered it is. Why should anyone even bother with making decent quality localizations? Cut costs, censor everything, profit! As long as people buy shit, companies will keep releasing shit (same for buggy, unfinished AAA games, DLCs and such).
I'm pretty sure some people will come here to defend those changes as well. "Hey, they only removed one ending, it's nothing major!" "One ending instead of two is actually an improvement!" "That ending was just some otaku-pandering shit, good riddance!"

Next, localization companies will start removing all questionable-looking characters completely, instead of "just" redrawing their outfits... Oh, wait - Nutaku already does that on a regular basis (with loli units in Millenium War Aigis for example). XD

No, really. As long as people keep supporting rabid censorship and garbage-tier translations with their wallets, those will keep escalating to the point where localizations will be utterly unplayable. And then, we'll have a nice, huge crash of the entire localization market. Whoever doesn't know Japanese - have fun. ^^

A lot of us don't religiously follow up on what new game is coming out and read up on it in detail. Many of us aren't even aware of any localization issues. We just play what gets put on the store shelf.

And that's just called being a shitty consumer. If you're going to buy a product whether it be an appliance or a video game you should do a LITTLE research in order to make a more informed decision on whether or not that product is right for you. Just blindly buying something, even if its from a brand you're familiar with, isn't really the best thing to do. Especially when looking up information these days isn't an exceedingly difficult task.

SaturdayKrush said:
Immahnoob said:
@SaturdayKrush
And that's pretty bad, you should check for quality before throwing away your money...

Its okay i'm wealthy so I have plenty to spare.

I like to make my own opinions after I purchase something. A lot of criticism tends to be blown out of proportion or not effect me. My tastes often go against the popular standard. Quality can be subjective.

True, Quality CAN be subjective, however that shouldn't stop you from atleast seeing what the general consensus is. Hell, there are alot of things that i've bought that has had mixed reviews however knowing the opinions on a particular product can greatly help on making an informed decision. Even if you do have alot of money, hell, even if you're fucking loaded, thats still pretty retarded to do with your money. Its a waste of time and an unnecessary inconvience if you have to deal with returning a product because "My tastes go against the popular standard".

Shinjisus said:
Immahnoob said:
@Shinjisus

It's a relevant change, if you don't like people complaining about relevant changes, you can always not enter a thread talking about the removal of relevant content...

Have you read what I wrote?

I don't like the changes, but I don't understand this actitude against the game.

You are complaining about things that doesn't affect the final experience (and please, don't say me that ominas living or dying is relevant to the story...)

There are lot of better things to complain and discuss about this game rather than this. Are you guys not tired of saying day after day the same things on forums about censorship only changing the game you are talking about and don't achieve nothing? Do you really think is worthy crying here on MAL while don't doing a real shit against it? I think I'm only tired about this threads..

I will finish with a question. Would you complain about this if the original game were like the localized version and we didn't get one?

By that same token, there are alot better things for you to do than going into a thread with a dissenting opinion than yours and complain that people don't have the same point of view. Censorship is a big problem, and yes, for the most part the only thing we can do is bitch and whine about it until the average consumer is aware of what they're missing. If you're tired of these threads, how about you just ignore them?

Would i complain if the Original game were like the localized version? No. Because the real issue here is that things are deviated from the original version, removing and altering content arguably without much basis other than your typical pandering, making it an inferior product.
FontSize72LOLMar 3, 2016 6:03 AM
Mar 3, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
After reading about this ending a bit more, I think that they really fucked up.

This isn't SMT 4, where there is no bad ending and every ending is good in some way, shape, or form.

Mar 3, 2016 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
I really hope XSEED doesn't do this with their Zero/Ao localizations in the future or even the 3rd.

Shit scares me that it will happen to my favourite series.
Mar 3, 2016 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
hoopla123 said:
I really hope XSEED doesn't do this with their Zero/Ao localizations in the future or even the 3rd.

Haven't XSEED reps directly advocated against censorship?

Mar 3, 2016 7:02 AM

Apr 2013
Dragonage2ftw said:
hoopla123 said:

Haven't XSEED reps directly advocated against censorship?

They have but you never know.

There's this one scene in Sora no Kiseki the 3rd specifically about Renne that even Falcom tried to avoid mentioning in the sequels because of how disturbing it was.

Don't know if they will censor that part in their localization of Sora no Kiseki the 3rd or not. If they do, they are leaving out a vital portion of Renne herself.
Mar 3, 2016 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
Not familiar with this game, but literally dying from laughter at those character model modifications. What, they're scared people are going to jack off to some chibi with a garter-belt? And on a general note, all of this game censorship news lately is just so backwards. Hopefully this isn't a sign that the Anita feminazi camp is winning over the industry.
Mar 3, 2016 8:27 AM

Feb 2016
After going back and forth between censorship threads and seeing people's firm stance on anything at least the tiny bit changed I'm sorta glad it's only a small number of people with that hardlined boycott stance. I'd hate to see games not get localized because of it.

I'm not sure when the supposed slippery slope is suppose to take effect. Censorship has been around as far back as I can remember and it hasn't changed much. Most of it sounds like fear mongering to me.
SaturdayKrushMar 3, 2016 8:33 AM
Mar 3, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2009
@SaturdayKrush
Censorship hasn't changed much? Yeah, censoring barely noticeable boobs on statues in the background -> altering outfits and changing dialogues a bit -> removing characters, ending, minigames. It doesn't change at all.

Oh wait, you did say that you don't do any research and you just play whatever companies throw at you. Of course you don't know how censorship changes, you don't even notice it most of the time.
Mar 4, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2013
Nintendo confirmed responsible:
"Now we did reach out to Nintendo- we had Benny do it- now they have yet to answer us on whether those changes that we heard about in the European version were also present in the North American version, but when I talked to a Square-Enix PR representative they told me that Nintendo is responsible for the localisation of Bravely Second."
http://operationrainfall.com/2016/03/03/total-control-ep-66-bravely-default-changes/

It starts at 52:00
Mar 4, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2012
# The localisation editor at Square Enix who handled Bravely Second is the same guy who was editor for Final Fantasy Type-0 (the one with several instances of Tumblr pronouns) and one of many involved in Final Fantasy XIV (where 99% of quest scripts contain memes and references) - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1878715/
# The third-party localisation company mentioned in the credits is Binari Sonori, who only handled voice casting and script implementation (as far as I can tell) - http://www.binarisonori.com/localization.php

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

20 by loligoth666 »»
3 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

26 by loligoth666 »»
4 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

140 by loligoth666 »»
4 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games?

Dumb - Feb 11

49 by loligoth666 »»
6 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3508 by loligoth666 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.