Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 28, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I see, Ultear's not physically there. She's probably still old then. Well damn...Dimaria taking over Chronos, God of Time! She looks way OP! Poor Carla! :( THIRD ORIGIN? Will that really be enough?
Feb 28, 2016 8:49 PM

Jan 2009
yep Ultear is still physically old, Carla saving Wendy again but i doubt Carla will die

3rd Origin lol Ultear will give Wendy a needed power up
Feb 29, 2016 3:09 AM

Nov 2011
I feel like Wendy is going to play a major role soon especially after what just happened to Charles (hope she won't die when time is back to normal again for her). Mm, Take Over God Soul..
Feb 29, 2016 3:24 AM

Mar 2009
Stark700 said:
I feel like Wendy is going to play a major role soon especially after what just happened to Charles (hope she won't die when time is back to normal again for her). Mm, Take Over God Soul..

Some take over Mirajane would like to get I bet ;) Hope that Wendy and Chelia will break out of this time stop magic and Mira will be the one to finish Di Maria stealing her take over.

This way Mirajane will be able to fix Ul Tear, help Wendy and Chelia recover magic and be major player in future arc (if there will be one).

Good to see pretty Ul Tear again sadly She is only an illusion :( Will She get a moment of time for Gray and Meredy at the end? :<
Feb 29, 2016 3:25 AM
Mar 2015
Wendy and chellia are gonna age up aren't they. But Celia is a god slayer so inint dimara at a disadvantage.

Every spriggan can control some op elements literally time and space
Feb 29, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
yep, MangaStream scanlation is out now

so once they use Third Origin they may never use Magic again
Feb 29, 2016 3:34 AM

Mar 2011
Finally DiMaria has gained some respect points.

Ultear can appear there for "some reason", though I am willing to buy it. DiMaria ssems OP and they do need some powerup. Let's see if said sacrifice of magic will actually be reality. Willing to bet Hiro won't commit to it and they will end up even more powerful.

Carla won't die...though I kinda want her to. Never liked her. She trolled me too much with her premonitions in the past.

SO, this battle has become far more interesting than what it should have been considering everything that has happened related to it. Let's see
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 29, 2016 3:36 AM
May 2015
Let's sum up 475

1) DiMaria is a beast
2) "3rd Origin" is bullshit
3) "3rd Origin" is bullshit
4) Glad Carla got snipped
5) "3rd Origin" is bullshit
Feb 29, 2016 3:46 AM

Jan 2015
I wonder if Hiro will have the courage to take away Wendy's and Sherria's magic power tho. That would be huge for their character development and story overall
Feb 29, 2016 3:49 AM

Mar 2013
I... don't really get it. How can Ultear be present here in her young form? "Living between the times"? What does that mean? She is still present in the physical world, but simply became old. So what's going on? Is this Ultear's lost time that gained a form? Is there two Ultears now or something?
I was angry in the previous chapter, but now I'm simply confused.
Feb 29, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2014
Well we know now sacrifices don't meant anything in Fairy Tail so they'll eventually get their magic back

Still 3rd origin smells like bullshit anyway. Can't see why Mashima just can't have FT lose and have someone else step in.. Because if the lolis actually defeat Dimaria this arc is done

Why not have Gray and Lyon which is way more emotional than lolis who don't have any connection with Ultear? Why not have Brandish fight against her BFF then we can see the conflict or animosity between her and Dimaria

Having Chelia and Wendy is.. Meh

Still really decent chapter 7/10
Feb 29, 2016 4:03 AM
Sep 2015
Dimaria have a cool postiion of her guild mark.
Feb 29, 2016 4:05 AM
Sep 2015
Trentor11 said:
Let's sum up 475

1) DiMaria is a beast
2) "3rd Origin" is bullshit
3) "3rd Origin" is bullshit
4) Glad Carla got snipped
5) "3rd Origin" is bullshit

Well there is ultear so it's possible.
Feb 29, 2016 4:06 AM
Sep 2015
TheGrandSage23 said:
Well we know now sacrifices don't meant anything in Fairy Tail so they'll eventually get their magic back

Still 3rd origin smells like bullshit anyway. Can't see why Mashima just can't have FT lose and have someone else step in.. Because if the lolis actually defeat Dimaria this arc is done

Why not have Gray and Lyon which is way more emotional than lolis who don't have any connection with Ultear? Why not have Brandish fight against her BFF then we can see the conflict or animosity between her and Dimaria

I also hoped for Brandish and Dimaria battle. Too bad it looks like it will not happen.
Feb 29, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2013
Lol looks like the orgin power up is back. At least this time there's a price to pay. But damn I really thought Carla was going to die for like a second.

Thank god ultear isn't entirely "back".
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Feb 29, 2016 4:15 AM

Apr 2008
Man the egg on the face of the people who were losing their shit last chapter about Ultear. Priceless. Damn priceless. Badass chapter and interesting that Dimaria is a descendant of Mildean since that's the place we saw in Zeref's flashback. So they had a goddess of time as their patron too.
Feb 29, 2016 4:15 AM

Dec 2013
I liked Dimaria's transformation but the rest was just stupid.

Ultear appearing just because was bullshit. She's only there to counter Dimaria's hax abilities and give them an asspull power up.

But at the same time I'm strangely looking forward to the next chapter :P
Feb 29, 2016 4:16 AM

Dec 2013
lienleaf said:
Either Carla will die or Wendy and Shelia both will lose their magic; taking both away would be too extreme for Mashima.
And thus past has shown that no FT can ever die, it'll probably be the lost of magic.

Or that Nakama power will prevail and no one dies or loses their magic.
Feb 29, 2016 4:23 AM
Sep 2015
G_Spark233 said:
lienleaf said:
Either Carla will die or Wendy and Shelia both will lose their magic; taking both away would be too extreme for Mashima.
And thus past has shown that no FT can ever die, it'll probably be the lost of magic.

Or that Nakama power will prevail and no one dies or loses their magic.

well there is lumen histoire??
Feb 29, 2016 4:55 AM
Sep 2012
I told you guys to chill and not over react to the last chapter, Hiro would explain this, so what do you say now? However has written into quite a hole in this chapter, more on that later.

So time is frozen, only those in this world can fight Dimaria, which means Wendy and Chelia they are going to have to do this on their own, no one is going to save them. So Hiro hyped up Dimaria so much with her OP powers, and now she is going to be defeated by a couple of little girls.

Charles just jumping in last minute and seemingly dying, just me or haven't we seen that before with Gray. Not saying it is bad, but I have seen this before. And we all know Charles is going to be fine, one thing Hiro won't do is kill cats, just like Makarov he has many changes to kill off an Exceed and have never pulled the trigger.

That being said, Wendy and Chelia might giving the 3rd origin and have to sacrifice their magic powers, well didn't Ultear say after this battle, they better Charles fast, how can they do that with no magic powers, and we know Wendy being a dragon slayers, she is going to play a role in the final battle and probably turn into a dragon, you can't just take away her powers.

In a way even if she is defeated, Dimaria accomplish her goal, she got rid of the healers. So that is a win for her.

This is a great chapter, but I fear for the next chapter or two, because looks like some BS is coming, no way around it. Hiro has really written himself into a jam.
Feb 29, 2016 5:03 AM

Apr 2008
blfan said:
I told you guys to chill and not over react to the last chapter, Hiro would explain this, so what do you say now? However has written into quite a hole in this chapter, more on that later.

So time is frozen, only those in this world can fight Dimaria, which means Wendy and Chelia they are going to have to do this on their own, no one is going to save them. So Hiro hyped up Dimaria so much with her OP powers, and now she is going to be defeated by a couple of little girls.

Charles just jumping in last minute and seemingly dying, just me or haven't we seen that before with Gray. Not saying it is bad, but I have seen this before. And we all know Charles is going to be fine, one thing Hiro won't do is kill cats, just like Makarov he has many changes to kill off an Exceed and have never pulled the trigger.

That being said, Wendy and Chelia might giving the 3rd origin and have to sacrifice their magic powers, well didn't Ultear say after this battle, they better Charles fast, how can they do that with no magic powers, and we know Wendy being a dragon slayers, she is going to play a role in the final battle and probably turn into a dragon, you can't just take away her powers.

In a way even if she is defeated, Dimaria accomplish her goal, she got rid of the healers. So that is a win for her.

This is a great chapter, but I fear for the next chapter or two, because looks like some BS is coming, no way around it. Hiro has really written himself into a jam.

Their boosted powers won't vanish right away. SO they'll have time to quickly heal Charle
Feb 29, 2016 5:11 AM

May 2012
I can't really accept Ultear's explanation of why she's able to be in that form while time is stopped, but I'll roll with it.

Second Origin was that thing Fairy Tail used to gain power forcefully after their 7 year stasis, right? I don't exactly remember the details on it other than them gaining power from it, but since Ultear is bringing this up, I'm assuming it has something to do with time? And since Ultear said they should heal Charle right after the battle, maybe they won't exactly lose all their magic...?

Anyway, does taking away their magic also mean that Wendy wouldn't be able to use Dragon Slayer magic anymore? I thought she was supposed to play a role in the final showdown with Natsu, Gajeel and the other dragon slayers. That'll put them in quite the pickle.

Oh screw it. God damn cliffhangers. Better explain what the crap it is next chapter.

Feb 29, 2016 5:17 AM
Oct 2013
I try to be optimistic but:

1. "But, while time is stopped, *for whatever reason*, I am able to exist in this form" Great explaination Hiro Mashima... May still be explained, but still...
2. Take over: God Soul - Pretty cool, but since when has gods ever mattered much in this manga? e.g God of War, God Serena (Albeit Acnologia is powerful)...
3. Oh no Charle dies... *sarcasm* *next page* "She's alive... for now"
4. Third Origin = asspull...
Feb 29, 2016 5:20 AM

Mar 2015
Using 3rd origin they might be able to defeat Dimaria but the price is too heavy.
I don't want them to lose magic
Feb 29, 2016 5:37 AM
Sep 2015
hoping it's a draw battle. But seriously I really expect (until now) a Brandish-Dimaria fight.
Feb 29, 2016 5:45 AM
Oct 2013
5/5 chapter after giving last week a 1/5 and ranting I have to apologize "for now".

Ultear being just an illusion is perfectly fine within the realm of possibilities especially with her time related magic type, it´s a Deus ex machine but a fairly reasonable one as it fits her theme and her abilities.

Dimaria being the most threatening of the Spriggans to this point she fucked around before but now that she´s pissed she actually goes for vitals.
The fact that Charle isn´t gonna die is chrystal clear she´s not important enough to have a reasonable death scene but she´s neither disposeable enough to be killed off like that.

Now the sacrifice, it´s too big of a sacrifice for Hiro to actually pull of so the excuse will be something like Ultear dindn´t know correctly.

So it makes sense that Ultear missjudged the ability so why take that claim to begin with. However if they actually lose their powers temporarily it would be a decemt twist. Making Wendy and Cheria lose their powers and show them how it is to not rely on magic would have an interesting spin on the story.

Erza of all people mentioned how she wouldn´t have a problem with a world without magic in exchange for peace and Edolas had the same theme.

So even if they lose those powers temporarily and we´ll get to see how they live as "normal girls" that would be decent character development and could lead into a training arc where they have to get it back through some complicated means that require them to invest blood tears and sweat.
However there is the possibility of Hiro throwing all that out the window not give them any repercussions whatsoever.

Time will tell for now it´s a 5/5 depending on the next chapter this rating will change including the overall rating.
Feb 29, 2016 6:05 AM
Sep 2014
Well this is proof Mashima can write all kinds of unexplained bullshit and you all will eat it up, especially if he adds random drama at the end of the chapter.
Feb 29, 2016 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
Pff...as if they will never be able to use magic again.
Feb 29, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2008
Behemoth11 said:
Pff...as if they will never be able to use magic again.

Sheria is on the chopping board. I bet she'll take Wendy's place being the godslayer. So wendy doesn't get to use Third origin and is able to fight Acnologia with teh others from the past.
Feb 29, 2016 6:25 AM
Nov 2015
Oh I see
Why they always got in "magic threatening" situation
Feb 29, 2016 6:30 AM

Aug 2014
So, considering how she was getting pushed back by the Sky Sisters before transforming, two questions come to mind:
1. How well would Kagura've performed were she able to move during DiMaria's time stop?
And 2. Why didn't Ultear help Kagura?
Feb 29, 2016 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
AllenNoah said:
So, considering how she was getting pushed back by the Sky Sisters before transforming, two questions come to mind:
1. How well would Kagura've performed were she able to move during DiMaria's time stop?
And 2. Why didn't Ultear help Kagura?

1. One on one? She would've lost. Wendy and Shelia couldn't even see the attack coming.
2. Because the plot didn't demand it.
Feb 29, 2016 6:46 AM

Aug 2014
Dimaria almost had me worried there when she lost her cool at the beginning, thank god she had something else up her sleeve.

Don't know about Sherria but I don't see Hiro going through with Wendy's losing her powers.
Feb 29, 2016 6:56 AM
Jun 2011
TheGrandSage23 said:

You realise this is effectively who Wendy's going to fight for this arc right? And since she is one of the main characters she's probably going to win

Yeah also, Wendy's not going to lose her magic, Aconologia is still alive, and the plan to kill him involved 5 Dragon Slayers not 4, Cheria might, but Wendy won't.

Something I'm expecting to happen the next chapter is for Cheria to only use 3rd origin and not let Wendy use it.
Feb 29, 2016 7:01 AM

Jan 2014
The chances of Wendy and Chelia lose their powers are null because of the Plot Armor that Wendy dresses. Remember that she needs the Dragon Slayer powers to face the Acnologia.
Feb 29, 2016 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good chapter. I know Dimaria will go down, but Mashima sucker punches me with his hype every time. Kinda eh on origin being used again but at least it's something we know and not pulled out of his ass.
Feb 29, 2016 7:11 AM
Sep 2015
MikeCross said:
The chances of Wendy and Chelia lose their powers are null because of the Plot Armor that Wendy dresses. Remember that she needs the Dragon Slayer powers to face the Acnologia.

what if she will not join the dragon slayer vs acnologia battle?

nah jk. It's hiro we are talking about~
Feb 29, 2016 7:16 AM

Apr 2008
MikeCross said:

Wendy you're likely right but what does Sherria have going for her. She's a godslayer. Fighting this God Soul Takeover. This is her shining moment and she's not really needed to the main plot. She's up on the chopping board.
Feb 29, 2016 7:20 AM
Jul 2015
Fuck yea! There's still hope in this manga. Atleast a little. And ultear not being young again is making me believe this manga is still worth time( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 29, 2016 7:29 AM

Sep 2014
Fourth origin when =D
Guess Ultear is still old, goddammit!
Yeah, I'm sure Carla is going to die...not.
Lose magic power eh, wonder if it's both or just one of them.
Feb 29, 2016 7:57 AM

Jul 2012
So convenient, nothing much to say here ...
Feb 29, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
Obviously if Wendy loses her magic it wouldn't be permanent - she's a main character and a Dragon Slayer so I doubt Mashima would write her out of future battles. I bet either Chelia gives up more or the possibility exists that Wendy might still have Grandeeney's magic in her much like Natsu has Igneel's, and that gets used in it's place.
Feb 29, 2016 8:04 AM

Nov 2009
Its interesting to consider that healing is restoration, which is related to time manipulation and Sheria could heal magic as well. So my bet for the outcomes is:

They use the 3rd origin and win against Dimaria, then Sheria uses her power to restore Wendy's "past/present" powers.

And I've just noticed that Dimaria's name contains the word "mirai" (future).
Feb 29, 2016 8:15 AM
Sep 2014
Hiro Mashima is finally Verified on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima?lang=en
Feb 29, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
Great chapter, I just find it weird that a 3rd origin would render the person unable to use magic instead of actually giving them more of a "mana pool" and stronger onslaught of attacks due to more etherios particles being able to be absorbed in the body.
Feb 29, 2016 8:29 AM
Sep 2014
Cejara said:
Great chapter, I just find it weird that a 3rd origin would render the person unable to use magic instead of actually giving them more of a "mana pool" and stronger onslaught of attacks due to more etherios particles being able to be absorbed in the body.

It's just blanket drama derived by Mashima to make the asspull at least sacrificial.
And apparently it worked.
Feb 29, 2016 8:30 AM
Sep 2014
inB4 7th Origin.

Which is how Acnologia got his power.
Feb 29, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
Aiyen said:
Cejara said:

It's just blanket drama derived by Mashima to make the asspull at least sacrificial.
And apparently it worked.

Yeah definitely. I liked the chapter in regards to Dimaria being a God of Time and from the place Zeref was from (why does she not know who Zeref is, but knows him as Emperor Spriggan? lol), but I don't like the whole Ultear coming out of nowhere ass-pull then a double ass-pull with her using a future power to get 3 origin. Not to mention she said herself she used all of her powers to be able to make them move in that time field Dimaria set up, so how do she use her powers to go into the future to get a 3rd origin. It doesn't even make sense, since I am assuming that would require massive amounts of power to "go into the future" then travel back with some OP power that she probably had to contain using some time magic as well all while she used all her power to make Cheria and Wendy be able to move in the time area of Dimaria.
Feb 29, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2008
Cejara said:

You're talking about all of the magic power built up until their peak in the future. Tell me can you put a lake's worth of water in one baloon without it bursting? It's really not that hard to get.
Feb 29, 2016 8:40 AM
Jan 2013
Seeing the chapter, I'll expect nothing of the drama to happen and only think the next title as "Ultear saying goodbye for the 2 children mage after defeating DiMaria"~

All these talks about Ultear existing in some sort of glitch in a game, Take-over God Soul (which we'll never see again, perhaps) version and Third Origin hurts my head.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.