Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 27, 2016 4:29 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Goku SSJ > Frost final form, however Goku suddenly got dizzy and got thrown out the ring. According the preview, it looks like Piccolo's battle with Frost will be good. Hyped for next week. (also the anime just passed the manga)
Feb 27, 2016 4:30 PM

Nov 2011
Lol the fight was silly. The one that Goku also fought (Freiza look-alike) even has transformations that looks like him.

Oh poor Goku, knocked down ..I guess he underestimated his opponents.
Feb 27, 2016 4:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode is pretty much the same as the manga but with a little more added stuff

Frost is like some super hero in the galaxy fighting crime and taking pictures with babies lol

Not sure how I feel about the ending lol....Looks like Frost doesn't have a Golden form like I was hoping so that disappointed me but I guess this way Piccolo can win without it being a stretch (Next episode looks awesome though)

Also the way Goku lost might upset people I think since it seems like a cheap trick but oh well, I wanted/expected him to lose anyway
Feb 27, 2016 5:29 PM
Oct 2012
God Tournament?More like Babidi's Spaceship.
Feb 27, 2016 5:46 PM

Apr 2010
Looks like Frost is stronger than Frieza when sharing the same form. However Frieza looks to be overall the stronger of the two because of the Golden Form.

Then again Frost might have another form, can't rule it out yet.
Feb 27, 2016 5:58 PM

Sep 2014
so the anime is now ahead of the manga. wow. that's a first. DBS shouldn't be out yet. Oh you guys are watching without subtitles.. I see.. well, it looks like goku was wiping the floor with frost. Goku was like "this isn't even my final form"

for some reason goku had some kind of health problem that caused him to become dizzy.Maybe champa has something do with this. Did champa cheat?

The manga was much better. In the manga. goku was much more badass and was hitting winnie the pooh with one arm so fast that it looked like pooh bear was being attacked from nothing.

Goku did something like this too pooh bear if you don't know what I mean.

In the manga when goku grabbed pooh bears leg's. pooh bear was firing energy blast at goku, but goku goku was dodging them like a boss. In the anime that doesn't happen and it looks like winnie the pooh just has bad aim
MyDogHadKittensFeb 27, 2016 6:47 PM
Feb 27, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2015
The animation is horrendous I can barely watch. Imma drop this shit soon.
Feb 27, 2016 6:49 PM
Nov 2015
Welp ...

there goes DBS last chance for redemption.
Guess the outsourcing is still a thing and thus the animation was and still will be terribru -.-

Rip Franchise :S

Also the fight with Frosts "final form" was a joke ... 3-4 exchanges ... not even consecutive combos or any fighting style whatsoever - just nothing at all.
How "Super" anti-climatic and cheap.

And of course the result is Frost making a out of the blue last ditch effort with a mystery punch that knocks goku to sleep, even though he should be worlds above his level. How 'unpredictable' lawl ... you got me there

I mean seriously ... he was stronger as regular saiyan when fighting 'final form freeza' ~~~
Come on ... he was pityng Freeza's 4th form and the dude was so strong, he actually achieved his golden form -.-
And that was several years ago. Like 3 years worth of training in the time chamber with vegeta + the timeskip between the events.

Just so much WoW .. disappointment all across the board.
bad animation, lack of actual hand to hand combat, lack of gokus core power or actual power, lack of storytelling and just ... urgh..
herpa derpa faces in the background or when zoomed out are funny but also really sad ... so sad i wanna cry :(

Oh and yes the manga was actually waaaay better even though it didn't yet come to that fights conclusion. Even the fights were more refreshing and dynamic than the actual moving animation haha XD
Too bad you gotta wait a month for 20 pages :S
GidarFeb 27, 2016 7:14 PM
Feb 27, 2016 6:59 PM

Sep 2014
Gidar said:
Welp ...

Also the fight with frost "final form" was a joke ... 3-4 exchanges ... not even consectuive combos or any fighting style whatsoever - just nothing at all.

And of course the result is Frost making a out of the blue last ditch effort with a mystery punch that knocks goku to sleep, even though he should be worlds above this level. How 'unpredictable' lawl ... you got me there

Remember that this is the same guy who almost got killed by a fodder with a ray gun.
Feb 27, 2016 7:09 PM
Nov 2015
MyDogHadKittens said:

Remember that this is the same guy who almost got killed by a fodder with a ray gun.

Haha true true :D

Like im not even mad. i seriously was laughing at that scene thinking to myself ... "Yep .. thats Goku for you alright" XD
'Give up , i don't wanna fight anymore and no im not having any deja vu since im a bakaaa' :P

But after laughing at how stupid it was ... i facepalmed pretty hard and was shocked at how the whole scene actually played out.

Its not rage, just disappointment :)
GidarFeb 27, 2016 7:16 PM
Feb 27, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2016
There's something that is confusing me...

First, was Goku fighting Botamo in his base form or his 'Saiyan Beyond God' form?

Second, Frost is stronger or weaker than Final Form Frieza (RoF)? xD It seems obvious but I can't tell how strong is that regular SSJ Goku

Damn, the anime clearly outpassed the manga. The Piccolo vs Frost fight seems promising, it haven't happened since Piccolo vs C-17
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 27, 2016 9:24 PM

Jul 2015
Putting the bad animation aside(I've seen shit in new grounds that looks better than this), this episode was pretty fun. The fights were pretty badly done though. Looking forward to seeing Piccollo get the screen time he deserves.
Feb 27, 2016 11:50 PM
Jun 2011
Wrsty said:
Putting the bad animation aside(I've seen shit in new grounds that looks better than this), this episode was pretty fun. The fights were pretty badly done though. Looking forward to seeing Piccollo get the screen time he deserves.
i think goku was dizzy like this all of a sudden because something that hit done
Feb 28, 2016 1:40 AM

Aug 2014
I just saw screens from this ep and animation is shit. I wan't burn toei and drop some molotov cocktail on toei studio.
Feb 28, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
elior1 said:
Wrsty said:
i think goku was dizzy like this all of a sudden because something that hit done

It look like Frost did something:

(Picture not from me )
Feb 28, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
Just finished watch, the episode was terrible, these fights = faking mistake like the animation, as big dragon ball z fan i feel really bad.
Feb 28, 2016 6:21 AM

Jun 2012
Floyd_ said:
There's something that is confusing me...

First, was Goku fighting Botamo in his base form or his 'Saiyan Beyond God' form?

Second, Frost is stronger or weaker than Final Form Frieza (RoF)? xD It seems obvious but I can't tell how strong is that regular SSJ Goku

Damn, the anime clearly outpassed the manga. The Piccolo vs Frost fight seems promising, it haven't happened since Piccolo vs C-17

Saiyan beyond god is his new base form, they are not two different things.
Feb 28, 2016 7:24 AM

Aug 2010
Frost being a galactic hero was lol
But is he really as kind as he seems? I'm sure he had like an anesthetic or sth like that making Goku faint. And he's making evil faces in the pv
Feb 28, 2016 8:14 AM

Jan 2016
N1ghtShadow said:

Then, he powered down when he went SSJ? Or this isn't different from SSJ Blue?
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 28, 2016 8:44 AM

Aug 2014
Guilek said:
elior1 said:

It look like Frost did something:

(Picture not from me )

Looks like a sting or something, just look at the hole.
Feb 28, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2012
Floyd_ said:
N1ghtShadow said:

Then, he powered down when he went SSJ? Or this isn't different from SSJ Blue?

Well, that's what everyone is debating about. No one's sure how SSJ,SSJ2 and SSJ3 scale with his new base form. Maybe they don't increase the power much. It's just for show.
Feb 28, 2016 8:58 AM
Apr 2014
Universe 6 confirmed a joke
Frost struggling against base form SSJ and has to resort to cheating.
Feb 28, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2014
Drake1000 said:
Universe 6 confirmed a joke
Frost struggling against base form SSJ and has to resort to cheating.

if it was a natural sting or something like that isn't cheating.
Feb 28, 2016 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
Lol Goku losing To Freeza in a tournament. I'm loving it.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 28, 2016 1:44 PM
Jun 2009
I guess goku had to lose since everyone from universe 6 seems to be a pushover, and this whole arc is more of a comedy/light fights. I wonder if we will get to see monaka fight at all.

The transformations are strange, first it isn't clear if SSJ-God (red hair) is weaker or not than SSJ1 (yellow hair) after he went throught the god transformation for the first time (while fighting Beerus), then we get introduced to SSJ-Blue-Hair thingy. But he can still become a regular (albeit enhanced base form for retaining god powers) SSJ.

The anime could just throw some explanation out of nowhere just like when goku first transforms into SSJ3 in Z, as how it scales, maybe normal form < ssj < ssj2 < ssj3 < blue hair? What about gohan not transforming into mystic gohan even thought he'd undergo that transformation "the same way as when he became super sayan".

Still enjoyable but so many plotholes and the animation is awful.
Feb 28, 2016 2:02 PM
May 2012
Really, what is wrong with the animations? Even GT animations are better than this crap. I've seen YouTube animations better than this and they don't even have the funds.

Seriously, what. the. heck. is. wrong. animators. They look like they were all drawn by a 10 year old.
Feb 28, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2011
That's not the Goku we grew up with. Just who the hell is that skinny guy?
Goku looks like the bad guy in that fight against Frost. Just what the heck is happening? And Japan approves this shit? The only thing this really have is the high color. Watching this doesn't make me feel like wanting to watch DB, DBZ or even GT back. It just makes me feel like putting the DBZ franchise/ saga to a permanent rest.

I bet if I watch DB, DBZ or GT i'll forget about this disaster and feel much better.
Feb 28, 2016 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Frost is a galactic hero.

I can't believe that Goku lost against Frost!
Feb 28, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty sure all the stuff about Frost being a galactic hero is a lie. He may be a greater and smarter evil than frieza.
Feb 28, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2015
Hmm he got beat pretty bad but still Frost won.. How did he do that??
Feb 28, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
Madara22 said:
Frost cheated and used some kind of poison on him.

MyDogHadKittensFeb 28, 2016 3:56 PM
Feb 28, 2016 3:12 PM

Nov 2014
Derp faces/5 episode
Feb 28, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
... i feel cheated.
these guys are way too weak.
Feb 28, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
lets see how Piccolo can fight this Frost guy next episode

steph96 said:
... i feel cheated.
these guys are way too weak.

nah they only seem weak because of how poor the animation is lol
Feb 28, 2016 4:14 PM
Feb 2016
so here is my theory about Cabba learning about and turning SSJ :)

Hope you enjoy !

https://youtu.be/BygECuy7CcM
Feb 28, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
Today's episode wasn't the best

Ima go and watch ssj2 gohan vs cell
Feb 28, 2016 4:37 PM
Jan 2016
Anybody here thinks that Goku specially lose to Frost to help him gain Champa support? (he talks about that 1min before "victory")
KontasFeb 28, 2016 4:47 PM
Feb 28, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2015
Ok... Now that was disappointing...
Feb 28, 2016 4:51 PM
Jun 2014
Kontas said:
Anybody here thinks that Goku specially lose to Frost to help him gain Champa support? (he talks about that 1min before "victory")

I'm pretty sure he lost on purpose. That was my initial reaction and I hated it.
Feb 28, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
This ep really pissed me off i dont like it when a anime goes a different path then the manga like come on now
Feb 28, 2016 4:59 PM
Jan 2016
Kewinn24 said:

I'm pretty sure he lost on purpose. That was my initial reaction and I hated it.

I'm okay with that, cause we will see his teammates in action (it would be boring, if Goku fight vs all of them) and he helped Frost. I have a hope that we will see Monaka in action (propably Goku too, that's another reason)
Feb 28, 2016 5:02 PM

Jan 2015
MyDogHadKittens said:
Madara22 said:
Frost cheated and used some kind of poison on him.

Well wouldn't you?? If you wanted to stop war on your planet? I'm sure that they didn't mention it in the manga but still nice touch. Also No super saiyans in Universe 6 ..
Feb 28, 2016 5:12 PM
Feb 2016
DID NOBODY ELSE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT WAS THAT WEIRD PURPLE GUY ON THE OPPOSITE TEAM WITH THE MAGNETIC POWERS OR WHATEVER WHO INTERFERED AND DID THIS TO GOKU???
BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.
I've been having bad feelings about him from the start. From the beginning it was clear Goku would have creamed this "good guy freeza" and, both to help Frost and make their team win, I'm sure he interfered and screwed with Goku's head. He won't interfere with Piccolo's battle to avoid looking obvious, I'm sure...

Frost is too good of a guy to cheat. Goku isn't good enough to lose the fight on purpose. At the end, Frost looked almost upset. I'm sure he doesn't feel like this was a victory and he wouldn't have cheated to win.

Totally blaming Mr. Purple Magnetic Dude
Feb 28, 2016 5:18 PM

Nov 2013
No matter how much Gokuu trains he will never be so fast as Kuririn and Mutenroshi when they fought in the first tournament lol
Since there was a hole in Frosts' arm I hope the sting he used is part of his body so that it can't be called cheating. It's not every day I can see Frieza acting like a shounen main character lol, so I hope he is really a good guy.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 28, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
I'm kind of disappointed about how weak they made Frost (unless he was hiding more power). I was hoping all of the opponents would at least be past ssj level. I guess this gives Piccolo and Krillin a chance though.
I wonder how strong that Saiyan is since he doesnt know what super saiyan is.
Feb 28, 2016 5:40 PM

Apr 2014
hayka said:
That's not the Goku we grew up with. Just who the hell is that skinny guy?
Goku looks like the bad guy in that fight against Frost. Just what the heck is happening? And Japan approves this shit? The only thing this really have is the high color. Watching this doesn't make me feel like wanting to watch DB, DBZ or even GT back. It just makes me feel like putting the DBZ franchise/ saga to a permanent rest.

I bet if I watch DB, DBZ or GT i'll forget about this disaster and feel much better.
How does Goku look like the bad guy when he fought Frost, exactly?

Feb 28, 2016 5:47 PM

Apr 2014
Gidar said:
Welp ...

Guess the outsourcing is still a thing and thus the animation was and still will be terribru -.-

Also the fight with Frosts "final form" was a joke ... 3-4 exchanges ... not even consecutive combos or any fighting style whatsoever - just nothing at all.

And of course the result is Frost making a out of the blue last ditch effort with a mystery punch that knocks goku to sleep, even though he should be worlds above his level. How 'unpredictable' lawl ... you got me there

I mean seriously ... he was stronger as regular saiyan when fighting 'final form freeza' ~~~
Come on ... he was pityng Freeza's 4th form and the dude was so strong, he actually achieved his golden form -.-
And that was several years ago. Like 3 years worth of training in the time chamber with vegeta + the timeskip between the events.

bad animation, lack of actual hand to hand combat, lack of gokus core power or actual power, lack of storytelling and just ... urgh..
herpa derpa faces in the background or when zoomed out are funny but also really sad ... so sad i wanna cry :(

Oh and yes the manga was actually waaaay better even though it didn't yet come to that fights conclusion. Even the fights were more refreshing and dynamic than the actual moving animation haha XD

People have said this before, but Frost probably poisoned Goku.

Feb 28, 2016 6:45 PM
Jun 2014
LimitlessHobbies said:
DID NOBODY ELSE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT WAS THAT WEIRD PURPLE GUY ON THE OPPOSITE TEAM WITH THE MAGNETIC POWERS OR WHATEVER WHO INTERFERED AND DID THIS TO GOKU???
BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.
I've been having bad feelings about him from the start. From the beginning it was clear Goku would have creamed this "good guy freeza" and, both to help Frost and make their team win, I'm sure he interfered and screwed with Goku's head. He won't interfere with Piccolo's battle to avoid looking obvious, I'm sure...

Frost is too good of a guy to cheat. Goku isn't good enough to lose the fight on purpose. At the end, Frost looked almost upset. I'm sure he doesn't feel like this was a victory and he wouldn't have cheated to win.

Totally blaming Mr. Purple Magnetic Dude

Wow you may be right. Good theory.
Feb 28, 2016 7:24 PM

Jan 2016
So Goku doesn't get to use his God ki in the tournament at all? And that saiyan can't transform. I wonder if he'll lose easily or he is strong in his base form. But I think in the end that purple dude is going to be the enemy to watch out for. I hope we see at least Veget fight him now that Goku can't. In the preview, Piccolo's makkankosapo somehow looks different . Real excited to see Piccolo get first good solo fight since Android 17!
I love Goku but it would be cheap to make up some way to bring him back to the tournament so I hope they don't do that. I'd rather have Monaka beat the purple guy than Goku coming back.
Gidar said:
Welp ...

Goku was stronger in his base form than frieza when he was using his god ki. He didn't use his god ki here at all.
SSJToshiFeb 28, 2016 7:33 PM
Feb 28, 2016 8:30 PM

Aug 2013

I watched the part where Goku faints several times, I can't help but notice the pinhole black dot on his wrist, and Frost appears to hit Goku with that pinhole right before he faints. Maybe a poison/sedative, or ki absorbing, attack. I'm predicting that Frost lost control of his actions by going into the final form, thus making him resort to measures that he wouldn't have otherwise went to to win.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.