Forum Settings
Forums

if you learned your date had their gender changed..

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 10, 2016 11:14 PM
Nov 2014
Leave her/he and move on
May continue being friends,I highly doubt it
May 11, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2012
I'd have to cross that bridge when i get there, but i feel like for many reasons if someone was actually in that situation, that info should come out at minimum by the end of the first date, if not before even dating in the first place. Relationships are built on trust, and that type of situation is a huge breech in trust.

I guess if i were forced to make a decision, it would depend on how much i liked this individual. I'm certainly not attracted to males or masculinity, so I assume if i were dating them, then they'd be easily passable for a women, in which case, that isn't really an issue for me.
May 11, 2016 12:04 AM

Oct 2014
If I was already in love with them then I liked them for who they are. If they still have a penis then that would be different.
May 11, 2016 12:25 AM

Oct 2015
I probably wouldn't care as long as they told me early. I've never been in a relationship anyway and I don't care to.
May 11, 2016 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't cared in the past and continue not caring.
May 11, 2016 8:18 AM

Jan 2016
If I really-really love this person, then I will love him/her more. His/her soul will be special in my eyes, just thinking about what's he/she's been experienced in life. I understand why it has been keep hidden from me all these time.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
May 11, 2016 9:00 AM

May 2015
If I truly love the person then I wouldn't care at all. Actually I still wouldn't care if I'm just kinda into that person. What matters to me is who they are in the present.
May 11, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Jokes on them I don't date.

The fact that they keep something like that from you even when dating means they're asses and only think of what they're getting from the relationship. Being Trans doesn't automatically make you a nice person or an angel. A lot of people I encountered on forums for it were really self absorbed didn't care about anyone elses struggles and just used topics that were about other people to talk about themselves and ignore everyone else.
SpooksMay 11, 2016 9:43 AM
May 11, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
I will not care, probably I came to love the person not gender
May 11, 2016 9:58 AM

Jul 2007
Hmm, I wouldn't mind if I liked them enough.
Best of both worlds, I guess.
May 11, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
No one living in my country would do it, everyone will mock them. Including me and call them liars. Of course, after the break up.
May 11, 2016 10:15 AM
Mar 2013
Spooks said:
The fact that they keep something like that from you even when dating means they're asses
what? I think they're justified in hiding it since, as this thread suggests, a lot of people would reject them for it. It is wrong to generalise based on your own experiences.

Personally, I wouldn't care.
May 11, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2014
I'd be surprised and pissed... but it's more on because he/she didn't tell me such an important thing earlier on. Then probably gonna end up breaking up.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 11, 2016 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
JD2411 said:
Spooks said:
The fact that they keep something like that from you even when dating means they're asses
what? I think they're justified in hiding it since, as this thread suggests, a lot of people would reject them for it. It is wrong to generalise based on your own experiences.

If they cared, trusted or quite honestly got into a relationship with you they must respect the person they're with and that they choose will accept them. If they feel they have to keep it from someone they're supposed to care about and think cares about them then it clearly means deep down they don't trust you or respect you enough to think that they will accept them.

Basically if they really cared or thought highly of the person they're with they wouldn't think of them as bigots who have to have it hidden from them. Mutual respect goes both ways

wheres the logic is keeping it a secret, they're going to find out eventually. If someones against dating trans you're not going to change their minds if you just keep it a secret long enough they'll feel even more lied to and angry. Get it out of the way at the start of the relationship.
SpooksMay 11, 2016 10:36 AM
May 11, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
ALLmost said:
If I really-really love this person, then I will love him/her more. His/her soul will be special in my eyes, just thinking about what's he/she's been experienced in life. I understand why it has been keep hidden from me all these time.

The existence of a soul posits the existence of a God,a soul in the wrong body posits that this God is fallible and makes mistakes. The definition of a God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and all knowing. Therefore God cannot make mistakes, therefore a woman's soul can not be in the body of a man. Therefore believing in the existence of a soul means that trannies are an ungodly abomination.

And that is correct!
May 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
JD2411 said:
Spooks said:

How is that not a problem? What if you and I were dating and I lied about my age? Now youre a fucking pedophile. Tricking people into believing you are something you are not is rape by omission. My friend got his dick sucked by some "girl" who ended up being a man, the mental repercussions his emotional burden, the battle he had with his sexual identity afterwards (am i gay for this) these were all real things. Very real. You want to be a faggot and walk around with fake tits? Thats bad enough, but you are going to lie about it?

You should be taken out back and shot in the face like a gimped horse.

Not that trannies pass, you can easily tell that someone is a gayfreak with a glance.
May 11, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
I wouldn't care that they were, honestly.
I would care that they got in a relationship built on a lie.

May 11, 2016 12:04 PM

Jan 2016
Mywifesson said:
ALLmost said:

The existence of a soul posits the existence of a God,a soul in the wrong body posits that this God is fallible and makes mistakes. The definition of a God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and all knowing. Therefore God cannot make mistakes, therefore a woman's soul can not be in the body of a man. Therefore believing in the existence of a soul means that trannies are an ungodly abomination.

And that is correct!

Eh, but your reasoning is faulty, though.
And my answer doesn't contain sarcasm.
Jeez.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
May 11, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2016
Spooks said:

If they cared, trusted or quite honestly got into a relationship with you they must respect the person they're with and that they choose will accept them. If they feel they have to keep it from someone they're supposed to care about and think cares about them then it clearly means deep down they don't trust you or respect you enough to think that they will accept them.

Wait. I thought the OP stated that you learn it from them. Meaning they tell you personally.
May 11, 2016 12:20 PM
Mar 2013
Spooks said:
JD2411 said:

Basically if they really cared or thought highly of the person they're with they wouldn't think of them as bigots who have to have it hidden from them. Mutual respect goes both ways

wheres the logic is keeping it a secret, they're going to find out eventually. If someones against dating trans you're not going to change their minds if you just keep it a secret long enough they'll feel even more lied to and angry. Get it out of the way at the start of the relationship.
You're moving the goalposts Spooks. Never once did I say it was okay to lie or keep it a secret. Honesty is crucial in relationships. You said they are asses for doing so, and while I do not think it is right to keep it a secret it is understandable why they would do so. This reason being that they are frightened of being rejected for it.
May 11, 2016 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
JD2411 said:
You said they are asses for doing so, and while I do not think it is right to keep it a secret it is understandable why they would do so. This reason being that they are frightened of being rejected for it.

I do think anyone holding big things beyond a certain point are assess and I'd end relationships like that because I'd feel hurt that they thought i was some ass they couldn't trust. If you know someone enough to get into a relationship with them and yet still don't trust them. Its like those people who tell you they trust you but get paranoid when you go out in case you hook up with someone else.

I feel once you pass a certain point you go from cautious to just a liar and it shows you don't care for their feelings as much as your own either. I say this because so many people act like Trans aren't people but the opposite way not the I hate trans way but the idea that been Trans automatically makes you a great person or can do no wrong or its entirely on the other side to do everything from acceptance to not been able to argue or insult a trans person like you would anyone you're having a heated argument with.

You have to accept them has limits and those limits are you have to accept everything even if they lie or keep things from you cause its hard for them. Well its hard been a person in general you don't get a free pass to be a dick to someone either side. I mean some people say you're not even allowed to break up with a trans person or your transphobic what kind of one sided logic is that.

Someone doesn't trust you and thinks deep down you might be an asshole if you knew and thats ok to protect their feelings, don't agree - bigot.

Find out and believe you don't want to be in a relationship with them or maybe you don't accept that trans are not the sex they say - bigot (you don't get to have opinions)

Have no issue interacting and living alongside trans people but wouldn't date - bigot

Break up if you find out they didn't tell you and kept it a secret right into the relationship - bigot

People can't win its take everything a trans person says and does as good or your an asshole. Trans are people too and people can be selfish assholes.

How are we supposed to have equal relationships if one side gets social preference and defense.
SpooksMay 11, 2016 12:54 PM
May 11, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
I'm pretty much with Spooks on this one.
May 11, 2016 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
Noe, soz mang, I don't roll like that.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 11, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2016
I couldn't love a person who kept a secret like that from me, but then again I would make it clear I am a straight female with hopes of having my own children in the future from the very beginning.

It would actually be extremely wrong not to tell someone something like this. Regardless how you feel, you don't get to lie to someone concerning something they feel differently about.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
Jun 13, 2017 7:57 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
crashinho said:
suppose you are dating a person you really-really love, unaware they had their gender changed. then you learn of it from them. how would you react?

are you talking from personal experience or

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Jun 13, 2017 8:13 PM

Mar 2017
While I would support there decision 100%, I wouldn't be interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with them.
Jun 13, 2017 8:13 PM

Feb 2015
I would only be slightly ticked that they hadn't told be sooner. I would be OK with it otherwise.
Jun 13, 2017 8:23 PM

Jun 2017
I'd end it. I'm not one to mainstream delusion. Plus, I do plan on getting married, settling down, and having kids someday.
Jun 13, 2017 8:59 PM

Apr 2017
id ask them about their experiences and such... don't think it'd matter much to me tbh
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jun 13, 2017 9:07 PM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
To the OP, I honestly don't know. Depends on how much I love the person. If I love the person enough and she looks cute enough then "fuck it" might as well at least try, ya know? But I feel like a part of me would still not enjoy the thought of the person being the same birth sex as me because I'm straight, so I don't think it would work out in the end. I hope that day never comes.

Mywifesson said:
ALLmost said:

And that is correct!

Your statement is actually completely invalid. You should learn more about God, religion, and souls before you make comments like that.

Belief in souls and belief in God are not necessarily a connected subject. One can believe in souls but not believe in a singular entity called "god". One such example is the belief that "we are all one" and together WE/nature is god as transcendentalists often view. The rest of your argument falls apart because of your completely incorrect premise, but I'll entertain your points anyways.

Second, if God is omnipotent and makes no mistakes, then perhaps it isn't a mistake to have a female's soul in a male body? Perhaps YOU are the one who is making the mistake. After all, who are YOU to say that a "female" soul being in a "male" body is a mistake? As a human there is no way for you to know god's plan besides using any religious texts as reference, many of which have had their original meanings twisted and certain sections removed. You are not god and you do not know of god's plan. Isn't it kind of insolent to assume that you are capable of determining that a possible natural phenomenon---something that may be part of God's plan--- is "wrong"?

Thirdly, you said that God cannot make mistakes. Well okay, it's fine to believe that. Therefore, all evil, disease, mental disorders, and death in the universe and world are all not accidents nor mistakes. Those are also attributed to God by your logic because god gave man doubt, fear, arrogance, disease, anger, lust, and more. If such terrible terrible things are not considered by you to be mistakes, then what makes you think that something as easy as putting a female's soul being into a male's body or vice versa isn't something that is absolutely possible or part of god's plan? There are diseases, both mental and rarely physical, that can make you crazy enough to kill people you love. Diseases that are no mistake because God created them. Consider that fact and then reconsider your statement. Do you still believe that such an easy and simple thing is not possible?

Lastly, belief in a soul has nothing to do with whether trans-gendered people are good or bad. Belief in God has nothing to do with trans-gendered people being good or bad. God makes no mistakes, and people aren't inherently good or bad. Let their actions speak for their character and leave their judgment in the hands of your God. Who are you to judge the nature of another? The center message of most god-oriented religions is to love and respect thy neighbor. Leave the judgment to your god and do what he commanded you to. Or at least learn enough about religions and souls to argue valid reasons to call another person an abomination.

That is all I have to say, thanks for reading.
3xTrippleJun 13, 2017 9:12 PM

Jun 13, 2017 11:28 PM

Sep 2015
I'd be very surprised, but if I really do love them that much, then I would probably just shrug it off.

but i got 2d grils so
Jun 13, 2017 11:35 PM
Feb 2016
Honestly, I wouldn't care. If I love them enough, then their gender wouldn't really matter, especially considering how I'm into both genders.

Jun 14, 2017 12:15 AM

May 2013
Finish my meal and leave lol

No I mean yo, I'm pretty sure I would already know about a person if there was any chance they were trans lol. People are good but they aint THAT good holy shit lol.

Now if it were on a blind date type of thing, that would definitely count as 'game over' to me
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 14, 2017 12:17 AM

Apr 2013
I would probably rather want to stay friends.
Jun 14, 2017 1:44 AM

Aug 2015
i have no idea how a trans person who had sex reassignment surgery not informing you of it can be considered 'lying'. but anyway, i wouldn't really care. it's understandable that they don't want to bring up what they were like in the past, especially when there's the fear of someone you love leaving you over something like being yourself.
Jun 14, 2017 3:16 AM

Jun 2016
I'm aro-asexual, sooo uhhh.. but if I'm not aro-asexual, I'll still accept him or at least talk to him about it.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 14, 2017 4:53 AM

Aug 2015
If he looks so hot that i couldn't even notice, damn dude, sure i suck that.
Jun 14, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2016
i would be like "hey glad you could do something that made you more comfortable. i love you!" except much less forced because the situation you've presented seems a little too ham fisted
Jun 14, 2017 7:21 AM
May 2017
I would die from the shock of learning that traps are indeed gay

Jun 17, 2017 11:04 PM
Jan 2016
i personally believe that you are what you are right here right now so as long as her bits work and she can make babies we gucci
Jun 18, 2017 4:12 AM

May 2014
I might be startled at first, but would shake it off once I got a moment to process the new info. If I loved them before, I would still love them after. However, it would also depend on how serious the relationship had gotten and how long we had been together. If it was a long time and/or living together I might get angry about the deception, but still, in time I'd get over it.
Jun 18, 2017 6:32 PM

May 2017
I'd feel a bit betrayed, as that would be something that they should have told me before we started dating, but if I really loved them then that's a different story...
Plus I'm a little into that trap shit as long as I'm not the only one wearing the skirt
daddyknivesJun 18, 2017 6:47 PM
Jun 18, 2017 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
I would be angry and disappointed for not telling me sooner. Trust is a relationship fundament and if I'm already in love, I know this person for more than a couple of dates.
And well that's... interesting, but I could deal with it.
You have to learn to deal with many difficult topics like opinions etc... and things you won't like that much in a relationship, if you are serious about it. You don't have to be happy about everything.
I would feel like an asshole to let somebody (I'm already in love with) down for the wrong gender or the gender she or he used to be. I mean... that's the mindset of bisexuals per se.
Jun 18, 2017 7:58 PM

Dec 2014
I would not mind, is there a barrier for love to begin with?
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jun 19, 2017 1:27 AM

Dec 2015
If they aren't sexually attractive to me anymore (cause I suddenly find out some nice looking girl has a dick) I'd tell them that I'd get sex from other people.

If that's okay with them we could maybe continue a normal relationship. (But since most people are not okay and always combine love + sex - it could lead to trouble.)

Better tell everything from the beginning.
Jun 19, 2017 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
kiss said:
well then the jokes on them that's my fetish
And there is my answer I guess.

I will also leave this here:
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 6 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
2 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 5 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 3 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 10 hours ago

18 by deg »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

10 by Dracowyn »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.