Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the world' greatest store...I'm not sure how legit that is. I definitely find the weird manager Mr North guy to be a bit annoying at times though. And the episode actually took on a more serious route with that escape with the fire raining down on the department. Close call. I'm guessing the fire reminded Nene of her past..

Stark700Feb 26, 2016 9:32 AM
Feb 26, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2010
Seeing as the building burned down on the first day i can't say that department store was safe.
Well Nene and Clarion saved the day but they didn't get any credit for it.
Nene is a good girl.
Feb 26, 2016 10:21 AM

Feb 2016
I am watching this anime primary because of yuri so I am not very satisfied with this episode. There was too few yuri ˇ^ˇ. Well, they made two Pandora Devices in one episode and the end was really cute. ^v^ But I was just dissapointed that Clarion didn't kiss Nene when she ran out of oxygen. ˇ^ˇ Still waiting for that kiss to come *^*
Feb 26, 2016 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
The department store building got burned down on the first day.

Nene and Clarion saved the day.
Feb 26, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit that was actually kind of sweet. Particularly when Nene risked her life to save someone's child. That was admittedly pretty touching.

Probably the best episode this show had in quite a while.

Though I still don't know what this show is. Is it episodic? Is it like Kekkai Sensen where it builds up to a plot while still being episodic? Does it just have a straight storyline? I don't know.

I don't think the show really knows the answer either.
Feb 26, 2016 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
is the chairman racist towards robots?
Feb 26, 2016 6:16 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This series is starting to get better imo (which is great)!

3/5
Feb 26, 2016 8:10 PM

May 2014
Toilet!!!!!!!
What the hell is a 7-D movie anyway?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 27, 2016 2:17 AM

Oct 2015
Our premium 7-D movie. Yeah right there ain't 7 dimensions have fun finding those.

I guess we got some backstory on Nene. Seems like her parents died in a fire, she may have been seriously injured hence the cyborg body and moving to live with her aunt. Pure speculation.

The reporter woman... She lit the place on fire... And got credit for saving someone... Wow... Just... What the hell.

I wanna know whats happening in that hole!! (That sounds really weird actually ;) )
Feb 27, 2016 6:38 AM

May 2013
I'm actually curious how the people on the island weren't angry about frequent network disturbance. It actually happen many times.

is there any government on that island?
Feb 27, 2016 7:12 AM

May 2015
I liked this episode a lot more than previous episodes. Hopefully it'll keep up that way.

Feb 27, 2016 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
Ku-ri-su said:

The reporter woman... She lit the place on fire... And got credit for saving someone... Wow... Just... What the hell.

Wasn't very clear she set the place on fire, the costume took fire on it own, maybe it was the villain.
Feb 27, 2016 5:49 PM
Nov 2010
Timeseeker said:
Ku-ri-su said:

Wasn't very clear she set the place on fire, the costume took fire on it own, maybe it was the villain.

It's extremely obvious that beur (can't remember if I spelt that right) "sneezed" which means he shot out one of his lasers which in turned burned the building down.

Hence they showed the hole going up into wall and why the costume just randomly started on fire
Feb 27, 2016 9:19 PM

Jan 2011
someone needs to gif nene opening the door to just nothing but fire reminds me to much of the community pizza fire gif lol
Feb 27, 2016 10:58 PM

May 2014
I feel like this anime is pure comedy and nothing else
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 27, 2016 11:48 PM

Oct 2013

It's moments like these in Koukaku no Pandora where I thank Masamune Shirow for using his creative talents for the better.

Overall, this episode was golden. One of the best episodes so far. Lets hope the remaining episodes this season are just as fantastic and avoid all that cringe worthy stuff.

Burger-Meister said:
Though I still don't know what this show is. Is it episodic? Is it like Kekkai Sensen where it builds up to a plot while still being episodic? Does it just have a straight storyline? I don't know.

I don't think the show really knows the answer either.

I don't think the show/manga knows either. Koukaku no Pandora is really flawed in many areas, like the one you pointed out, yet somehow it seems able to be still completely enjoyable. It racks my brain at times debating whether I love or hate the series.
shawnofthedeadzFeb 27, 2016 11:52 PM
Feb 28, 2016 12:26 AM

May 2013
Ku-ri-su said:
Our premium 7-D movie. Yeah right there ain't 7 dimensions have fun finding those.

We already have so called 4D movies where they add some movement, maybe if they add odors, holograms and tactile illusion they will call it 7D.

Ku-ri-su said:

Remember, just because the press says it, it does not mean it is true, that is the parable here.

alyya said:
I'm actually curious how the people on the island weren't angry about frequent network disturbance. It actually happen many times.

is there any government on that island?

People must be angry, but as with other inept governments, they will continue being inept and people well being be damned.
Feb 28, 2016 1:00 AM

Oct 2015
MrJc said:
Timeseeker said:

It's extremely obvious that beur (can't remember if I spelt that right) "sneezed" which means he shot out one of his lasers which in turned burned the building down.

Hence they showed the hole going up into wall and why the costume just randomly started on fire

I think I looked away at that scene -_-

She still left it on fire though... she could have at least tried to put it out. It kinda still is her fault.
Feb 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
The girls have no luck! A normal shopping day turned into a whole building in fire!
Feb 29, 2016 10:35 AM

Feb 2015
DAMN! Claring looks cool in this episode. it was so sweet too, to see clarion carry her like that. tbh, this is the best episode so far for me :)
clarion aside, there were no interesting things happened in this episode, but still i'm enjoying this series.

that damn stupid ass bitch reporter is so lucky this time.
Mar 2, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
The chairman reminded me of kabapu from Excel Saga. Good episode.
Mar 2, 2016 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
Dang, the pandora device activation in the elevator.

In reference to the little talk show they do during the ending song. I would love to see a Cla-ring with a beam rifle or beam saber, lool.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Mar 4, 2016 10:29 AM

Jul 2009
The first part with the chairman in the elevator was pretty funny XD Seriously though, being stuck somewhere when you REALLY need to go sucks ... D:
To be honest I'm getting a bit bored just watching Nene always use the Pandora Device to save people ... I mean how they did it this time was at least pretty interesting with the echolocation stuff and driving the cart, but then the part at the end where they had to save that boy Billy ... *sigh* Can we get something new? I mean like at least we're getting hints of the BUER stuff is probably causing the network outages ...
Mar 8, 2016 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
The way things are going, I can not complain, the road has been traced immediately and the anime series is traveling without denying what was decided at the beginning. I just wish that the drawings were even more beautiful, I await the BD to be disproved, good soundtrack. Funny different ending, fun end-card.
Mar 8, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Axelucard said:
is the chairman racist towards robots?

As Trump towards the immigrants.
Jun 6, 2016 5:39 AM

May 2012
Pretty awesome episode, especially that ending!
Jun 15, 2017 9:29 PM

Oct 2010
When they first entered the store, they showed paper goods immediately adjacent fuel. No wonder the building went up so quickly.

There is also the question why Clarion also needed an oxygen cylinder if she is truly an android. Perhaps her power source is fuel cell or some type of metal-air battery that requires oxygen to operate. (Note the scene where she not only had a cylinder when they were first acquired, but also used it). The problem there is the problem with fires isn't typically due to lack of oxygen, but the presence of dangerous gases and smoke. The former should have had little or no effect on such a power system, while the latter would depend more on the filtration system.
Jan 1, 2020 2:44 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was sure a huge fire, fortunately they saved the kid, the part with Nene's backstory is kinda sad, her parents died in an horrible way
Jul 3, 2021 12:39 PM

Feb 2020
Nene's backstory was so sad. Her parents died in a fire. Poor girl.

She was the hero of the day by saving that boy's life, although Vlind took the credit for it, lol.

What a heartwarming moment. <3

SerafosJan 24, 11:53 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

58 by SlammyHammy »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:32 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

23 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 2:49 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

26 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 2:17 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

20 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 1:32 PM

Poll: » Koukaku no Pandora Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

22 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2021 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.