Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2016 5:51 PM
Feb 2016
Is anyone watching this GOP debate? Who do you support?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 25, 2016 6:00 PM

Nov 2008
Cruz, Trump is unfit for office.

Feb 25, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2016
I would like a President Ted Cruz.... it's the candidate with the most benefit for the U.S(hence, the whole world)
Feb 25, 2016 6:05 PM

Aug 2008
None of them. But Trump at least isn't a corporate mouthpiece so I'd go with him. Not to mention it will tick off every politician and member of the press so there is that bonus.

But Bernie Sanders is the least bad option so my support is with him.
Feb 25, 2016 6:11 PM

Mar 2011
They all seem incompetent, based on the last debate they had where it was basically a bunch of people saying what the problems are (which some was inaccurate, and #2 we know already are) without explaining how to achieve their solutions.

cumshotz said:
i feel like these circuses have lost much of their entertainment value now that i can't watch trump bully jeb anymore. not much of a point in watching now.
This too.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Feb 25, 2016 6:12 PM
Feb 2016
Hoppy said:
Cruz, Trump is unfit for office.

I completely agree. Trump has no experience. He relies on the fact that the people are tired of politicians. A businessman like Trump is no better than a politician. I personally support Rubio, but I could back Cruz if he got the primary.
Feb 25, 2016 6:16 PM
Feb 2016
Silverstorm said:
They all seem incompetent, based on the last debate they had where it was basically a bunch of people saying what the problems are (which some was inaccurate, and #2 we know already are) without explaining how to achieve their solutions.

cumshotz said:
i feel like these circuses have lost much of their entertainment value now that i can't watch trump bully jeb anymore. not much of a point in watching now.
This too.

I'm not sure incompetent is the word. Cruz was considered the nations best debater at Princeton, then he went to Harvard Law. He fought against Obama's Health Care Plan. He isn't incompetent, but unfortunately he is a politician and it's hard to trust any of them.
Feb 25, 2016 6:54 PM

Mar 2011
mightydisciple said:
I'm not sure incompetent is the word. Cruz was considered the nations best debater at Princeton, then he went to Harvard Law. He fought against Obama's Health Care Plan. He isn't incompetent, but unfortunately he is a politician and it's hard to trust any of them.
You're right, incompetent isn't the right word to describe everyone. Some are, but some are just politicians also (in the negative sense of the word), and Cruz fits that description better. There might be other descriptive words to use for the rest.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Feb 25, 2016 7:03 PM
Feb 2016
Silverstorm said:
mightydisciple said:
You're right, incompetent isn't the right word to describe everyone. Some are, but some are just politicians also (in the negative sense of the word), and Cruz fits that description better. There might be other descriptive words to use for the rest.

i agree. its hard to watch this stuff because we all know most politicians are only looking for their own interests. I just try to pick the lesser of evils.
Feb 25, 2016 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
None of them. I may watch it just to laugh at the hilarity or tragedy that may ensue, though.
Feb 25, 2016 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
I was at a bar this evening, and the debate was on the TV, but the sound wasn't on. It was interesting to see their mannerisms without any sound. I don't like any of the candidates in either party, as usual, so when I vote, I will be voting against somebody, rather than for somebody. My vote in the presidential election won't count for much anyway since I live in a state that is too late in the primary season to matter and is not competitive in the general election. Therefore, I will spend my time on local races.

Here are my thoughts on the train wreck that is the 2016 United States presidential election.

Donald Trump: He reminds me of Benito Mussolini, albeit without a coherent political philosophy. When watching him this evening, I noticed that he is a big guy who is very animated and takes up as much space as possible. He is the quintessential strongman and bully, the sort of person who appeals to a certain portion of the American electorate, particularly the Archie Bunker clones who are apoplectic at the thought that they no longer control the culture. It is unfortunate that he might actually win the Republican nomination and the general election. If he wins, the world will laugh at us.

Marco Rubio: He comes across as an empty suit. With few notable accomplishments and an abysmal voting record in the Senate, he strikes me as either lazy or incompetent. On top of that, he is a nutty religious fanatic, but he is good at hiding it and, if he wins the Republican nomination, he might just be able to fool enough people to win the election. If he wins, maybe his vice president will be the power behind the throne, much as Cheney was for Bush Jr.

Ted Cruz: He is a looney religious fanatic and doesn't try to hide it. In terms of appearance, he also has a bit of the empty suit look like Rubio, although he has a harder edge. Watching him tonight, I thought he looked like he wanted to bite somebody. Even his colleagues in his own party hate his guts. I hate to imagine what would happen if he won the election; I guess I would have to prepare myself for at least four years of detesting the person in charge of my country.

Ben Carson: I can't figure out why he is still in the race. There must be a brain somewhere deep within his head; otherwise, he would not have become a celebrated surgeon. Maybe his religious fanaticism has made him delusional. Hopefully he will soon fade from the scene and be forgotten.

John Kasich: Out of the Republican candidates who have not already dropped out, he is the only one who is somewhat sane, and although I wouldn't be happy if he won the election (since I don't share his conservative values), I could at least tolerate him. Naturally, given the circus that the race has become, he is the wrong man for the times, and he hardly got any screen time tonight. I predict that he will gradually fade away.

Although they weren't at the debate this evening, I can't ignore the Democrats in my criticisms.

Bernie Sanders: He has ideas that would be wonderful if they could actually be achieved, but in this country, a revolution of one will go nowhere. Where are the candidates for Congress who would support his plans? And where would he get the money to pay for everything? His debate performances in this regard have been horrible. He just comes across as a grouchy but entertaining old man who spouts off on all kinds of things but has no ability to get anything done.

Hillary Clinton: She is crooked, untrustworthy, corrupt, and bought off by any number of nefarious rich people and organizations. She and her husband are magnets for an endless array of minor scandals. If she wins the election, we can look forward to a never ending parade of scandals and investigations; it will be a repeat of her husband's two dubious terms. Probably none will be bad enough to bring her down, but they will be constant distractions. Meanwhile, she will make sure her Wall Street masters are well taken care of. However, she won't appoint ultra-conservative nuts to the Supreme Court, so reproductive freedom and the separation of church and state will be secure for the time being. I will hold my nose and vote for her even though I trust her about as much as I would trust Richard Nixon. The alternatives are either unrealistic or frightening.

People around the world must be watching this and laughing their asses off. I know I would be if I didn't live in the United States. This is by far the worst presidential election of my lifetime. (Richard Nixon was president and in his first term when I was born, so that should give you an idea of just how bad things are.)
WeirdHeatherFeb 25, 2016 10:44 PM
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Feb 25, 2016 11:08 PM

Mar 2015
The most entertaining (or perhaps scary) thing after every debate is watching the media pundits say that Rubio won, no matter what happens.
Feb 25, 2016 11:10 PM

Jul 2013
they're all pretty trashy.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 25, 2016 11:55 PM
Apr 2013
I hope Trump wins, maybe he can invade my country and remove current year dude weed man.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Feb 26, 2016 12:45 PM

Aug 2009
mightydisciple said:
I plan on listening to the debate while I am at work tonight., But I plan on voting for Ted Cruz. I could hold my nose and vote for Marco Rubio if he wins the republican primary, I just don't trust him on immigration. Carson is too much of wuss.John Kasich and Donald Trump are RINOs if I wanted to vote for a liberal then I would vote for Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.
Feb 26, 2016 12:58 PM
Feb 2016
ezikialrage said:
mightydisciple said:
I plan on listening to the debate while I am at work tonight., But I plan on voting for Ted Cruz. I could hold my nose and vote for Marco Rubio if he wins the republican primary, I just don't trust him on immigration. Carson is too much of wuss.John Kasich and Donald Trump are RINOs if I wanted to vote for a liberal then I would vote for Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

I couldn't agree more with your assessment. I'll vote for Cruz or Rubio if they make the primary. I'm not too pleased with their voting record in senate, but they are better than the alternatives.
Feb 26, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
I don't like Trump, but man, can that guy make me laugh! Haha! That part about Rubio not being a negotiator was hilarious!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.