Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 8 Discussion

Feb 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Whoooooooooa! I really enjoyed this episode. It was the best so far.
AND I SCREAMED WHEN I HEARD NAGI YANAGI'S LAUGH AS AION/AINE AAAAAAAAH <3 I love this woman's voice so much.

Feb 26, 2016 6:38 AM

They were in Istanbul again. Funny they didnt show any turkish flag on top of major buildings.

Feb 26, 2016 7:21 AM

AngelicTotoro said:
Based on what I can remember from the game, I don't think Sakuya was nearly as obsessive and clingy as he's being depicted in the anime, if they ARE going to pull a 'tragic' romance between Natsuhiko and Mikoto (wahh), then they could have at LEAST let Sakuya stay likeable, or given Mikoto real feelings towards him, doubtfully choosing him in that dream state.. THAT'S not satisfying at all. tbh I'm not very happy with most of the relationship developments, but this possibility of a Sakuya(anime ver) x Mikoto romance especially bothers me.
The only thing I liked was they explained the world and reset pretty clearly, and Natsuhiko is still the best boy/awesome beyond comprehension. :b

Never played the game but even I can see something is wrong with this Sakuya. They're literally shitting on his character. His lines are reduced to sighing Mikoto's name. Like if he was really like this in the game I don't know how anyone could like his route.

That being the case, I still don't like Natsuhiko.

Feb 26, 2016 7:28 AM

so Mikoto survived, and shit went down. Nice episode tho

Feb 26, 2016 8:11 AM

Very nice episode. Resets caused by Aion who used the ability users for it. Mikoto and Natsuhiko are interesting together.

Feb 26, 2016 8:41 AM

Mikoto survived of course

Feb 26, 2016 9:04 AM

Now I am just even more confused. But at least I know who is the man in the ending. And that he is somehow related to Aion.

I am too attentive so I didn't realize there were always 9 crystals with powers but we know only 7 people with abilities. I wonder who are the 2 remaining people. ._: And what will happen with blue haired boy when they reveal him.

But I don't really understand why Koharu let herself get kidnapped by that man. And I don't get those resets (I hope they will explain them some more for the dumb people like me ._.) And there are even more questions than there were on the start.

I am just confused >w< And I don't thing they have enough time to explain everything. ˇ^ˇ

Feb 26, 2016 10:14 AM

Wow. I didn't expect this at all. The action was great and the story actually.. makes some sense, LOL. Suddenly this anime is getting better than I expected. I wonder how things eventually will turn out ovo

Feb 26, 2016 10:49 AM

itsmypurgatory said:
They were in Istanbul again. Funny they didnt show any turkish flag on top of major buildings.

I was wondering why they kept showing Istanbul. They even showed Grand Bazaar and some desserts.

Well, we learnt why. It's probably because of First World War (even though it ended in 1918 and Istanbul was conquered by Allies).

Feb 26, 2016 2:25 PM

This was a nice episode and probably the most interesting one so far. We learn so much about the wars and the reset.

Feb 26, 2016 4:09 PM

I can't say I'm satisfied with the episode or how they're handling natsuhiko's route it's very rushed (how could she not imagine him being sadistic whyyyy) and the hyoko seriously he made it for her since she was afraid of him to make her feel better it wasn't randomly there and that shirt grab :| did that even exist in the game or did they decide to conveniently replace the hug? Also I don't remember her putting a barrier to save them I actually remember her being very impressed with natsuhiko's mad skills but maybe it's just me also I don't remember her ever trying to escape and where is my moment when she refused to eat nuuuu are they really going for natsuhiko cause i accepted the bad end but now I think it's a Sakuya route after all
Don't mind me though just a sour shipper I was super excited for the otp but :/

Feb 26, 2016 5:22 PM
Hirakoo said:
I think it's a Sakuya route after all

Yep, unfortunately I don't think they will develop any romance between Natsuhiko and Mikoto. They're actually cutting out all the romantic parts lol

She's going to end up with Sakuya. I hate that pairing but I'm sure that's what they're going for.

Feb 26, 2016 6:20 PM

Goddamn, that was an amazing episodem best of the series so far!

Feb 26, 2016 7:31 PM

Setsu is best boy. I wish he had his own route.

Feb 26, 2016 9:54 PM
Mikoto and natsuhiko couple...fighting..

Feb 27, 2016 12:55 AM

The amount of brainpower I had to use to simply understand that episode was overwhelming.
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List

Feb 27, 2016 2:16 AM

Question: Why is everyone talking about Mikoto getting paired with Natsuhiko? I don't see anything thus far that supports that pairing at all... That said, apart from the main pairing, there really hasn't been much to support any of the other pairings.

One good thing about this episode though was that they finally got to talking more about what the kids were recruited to do. Makes you wonder though, why the heck did they not brief each kid when they first got aboard the ship? Would it not have made more sense by going "Hi, welcome to this ship, we have a purpose for recruiting you, here's a little background, and here's your purpose in life..." rather than keep everyone in the dark about things until they start going missing, getting attacked and getting kidnapped and shit? Keeping them in the dark made absolutely no sense, especially when those same kids are suppose to make such a huge decision (i.e. how the reset world will be shaped) which affects all humankind's future.

Not sure I understand what happened to Koharu in the end there. So she just mindlessly follows the dad and had no sense to try to find the others, or to try and leave hints/messages about her own whereabouts? Not to say she's been a good heroine, but I'm becoming less and less impressed by her characterization here.
HESTIAAPPROVES

Feb 27, 2016 3:34 AM
L-Ryoshi said:
Question: Why is everyone talking about Mikoto getting paired with Natsuhiko? I don't see anything thus far that supports that pairing at all... That said, apart from the main pairing, there really hasn't been much to support any of the other pairings.

We're talking about it because we're disappointed they removed all the romantic parts from Natsuhiko's route.

Feb 27, 2016 8:40 AM

Wait, 8075 in just 4 resets? Do they not know that history doesn't start at 1AD? I'm confused.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY

Feb 27, 2016 11:01 AM

Well shit. I'm glad there was an explanation on what Reset does (still kind of confusing though).
I wonder what happened to Koharu. Is she being manipulated or something?

Feb 27, 2016 11:43 AM

I had to go through 7 episodes with no clues of why I should be caring about the characters/the story to FINALLY learn something useful about what the hell was happening. The storytelling in this anime is so poorly done.
Reminds me of all that Charlotte

At least this is getting down to something.

Feb 27, 2016 11:48 AM

Finally a bit of action.

No real surprises in the "reveal"... pretty much everything explained has been implied in previous episodes.

Feb 27, 2016 12:38 PM

Ryuugamono said:
Wait, 8075 in just 4 resets? Do they not know that history doesn't start at 1AD? I'm confused.

First of all, there has been three resets and not four. The current time in Norn9 is the result of the third reset. Which means, the AD is repeated for the fourth time (and thus it's the fourth history).

From their discussions, it seems that all the resets have only occurred in the Anno Domini. More precisely between 1914 and 2080s during/after the World Wars. The first reset occurred after WWIV (obviously in our timeline we only ever seen WWI and WWII). This is also based on the assumption that the reset doesn't actually go to the beginning of mankind's entire civilization. I think what they really meant by resetting the civilization is resetting it back to the final segment of industrialization. The major industrialization boom in the world occurred in the late 1800 century and early 1900 century. It's the part of the history that mankind made massive strides and it was also the start of the current environmental crisis known as Global Warming. Needless to mention industrialization played a key part to instigate WWI according to historians.

So why do I assume this? Notice that Natsuhiko mentioned Bunmei Bunka which was lost in the translation as it can also mean the change of time to Meiji Era when the world was going though industrial revolution and Japan started accepting westernization.

Feb 27, 2016 1:41 PM

Okay could someone explain me WHAT THE FRICK FRACK THE DIRECTORS WERE THINKING HERE???
In one single episode:
-two girls got abducted
-one member turned out to be evil
-the plot of the entire anime is "explained"
-Kakeru's dad didn't turn out to be dead
-their world is apparently in a war again

Seriously, I really love the anime and the game but this episode was just.. weird

Feb 27, 2016 6:45 PM

shanimebib said:
Ryuugamono said:

First of all, there has been three resets and not four. The current time in Norn9 is the result of the third reset. Which means, the AD is repeated for the fourth time (and thus it's the fourth history).

From their discussions, it seems that all the resets have only occurred in the Anno Domini. More precisely between 1914 and 2080s during/after the World Wars. The first reset occurred after WWIV (obviously in our timeline we only ever seen WWI and WWII). This is also based on the assumption that the reset doesn't actually go to the beginning of mankind's entire civilization. I think what they really meant by resetting the civilization is resetting it back to the final segment of industrialization. The major industrialization boom in the world occurred in the late 1800 century and early 1900 century. It's the part of the history that mankind made massive strides and it was also the start of the current environmental crisis known as Global Warming. Needless to mention industrialization played a key part to instigate WWI according to historians.

So why do I assume this? Notice that Natsuhiko mentioned Bunmei Bunka which was lost in the translation as it can also mean the change of time to Meiji Era when the world was going though industrial revolution and Japan started accepting westernization.

Okay, that made sense. But seriously, I'm still confused. I hope they explain it thoroughly in the next episode since I'm starting to get a little interested.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY

Feb 27, 2016 8:44 PM

Ryuugamono said:
shanimebib said:

Okay, that made sense. But seriously, I'm still confused. I hope they explain it thoroughly in the next episode since I'm starting to get a little interested.

No. It didn't make sense. I am confused too, so it makes 2 of us.

Actually, my explanation doesn't add up. The reset has to go to the start of AD. And thus we have 8000+ years over three resets + 1919 years in AD (current year in Norn9). I dunno how they would explain that since there was no industrialization/civilization boom during AD 1, which makes my logic null and void. Maybe it IS assumed that the civilization starts from AD 1 like you said which makes it silly. It's explained that much that the resets happen during/after World Wars. It's just that the definition of industrialization (hence forth the earth started to deteriorate rapidly due to man made cause) is a bit odd, logically speaking, if we try to follow Mikoto and Natsuhiko conversation.

This is what happens when you reply on anime forum while following football. I apologize.

Feb 27, 2016 11:00 PM

I tought his dad is dead but no... hes a criminal
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield

Feb 28, 2016 9:13 AM

Wow, this was actually a really good episode! Lots of information - Mikoto survives (obviously) and basically people with abilities "reset" history to try and avoid wars ... seems like Toya seems to be the most in touch with people in The World (seems like his father is involved somehow?). Yuiga is Kakeru's father which is surprising, they don't look alike at all ... and so how did he survive and what's he planning? Mikoto using her power to shield the ship was awesome :D So have people with powers existed all along? :O I mean it seems like they're needed to cause these resets ... hmm, and I wonder what they're planning on doing with Koharu? Still I wonder what the point of Aion is, and Sorata as well ... hrm. Well, I like the direction this show is going in at least :O Now we only need to know Ron's motivation ...

Feb 28, 2016 1:37 PM

I really like the reveal of the time reset, didn't see that coming at all actually.

Feb 28, 2016 5:21 PM

SO Kaharu was gullible enough to set fire to the whole city. is she batshit crazy or something. wtf. stupidest character i have come across in a long time
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Feb 29, 2016 1:49 AM

1idd0kun said:
Hirakoo said:
I think it's a Sakuya route after all

Yep, unfortunately I don't think they will develop any romance between Natsuhiko and Mikoto. They're actually cutting out all the romantic parts lol

She's going to end up with Sakuya. I hate that pairing but I'm sure that's what they're going for.

The opening is the biggest lie in the universe then. :[
Ugh, of all of the routes to screw up, why did they have to do it to the best one?

[Sakuya is also probably the worst guy/route in the game, smh at this mess.]
Frick this, Koharu and Kakaru are the most bland, white bread couple and they get all of the attention, bad bad decision.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.

Feb 29, 2016 6:17 PM
I'm not yet convinced that the route is going towards Sakuya. Although there were scenes that were from his route in the anime. I'm pretty sure that they're steering it towards Natsuhiko's route. I mean, she's in the ship with him! Which was in the game. Natsuhiko has shown her what war is which was in the game and one more major part was her decision which decided if she was going to stay with Sakuya or leave him when they were trying to search for Sorata. Therefore, I'm positive that she had left Sakuya's route. uhohohoho. Gotcha there, didn't I. So, humph. I'm convinced it's Natsuhikos route now. Y'all were making me depressed by reading the comments, gosh damn. Well, I now shall wait until the next episode. Farewell, and expect me to be writing a long ass paragraph. c:

Mar 2, 2016 5:13 AM

Rough piloting, huh. Whatever.

What the hell did Senri mean by, "he's the type of person who doesn't when he gets killed." WTH

Interesting history. Anything which has to time travel is a plus in my book. I guess, it means Sorata actually came from the past into the future. Very interesting take on time-travel, indeed.

Koharu was stupid there, I just hope she was being possessed or under the effect of some kinda drug.

All in all, very cool episode.

Mar 2, 2016 1:31 PM
Senpaiiz said:
I'm not yet convinced that the route is going towards Sakuya. Although there were scenes that were from his route in the anime. I'm pretty sure that they're steering it towards Natsuhiko's route. I mean, she's in the ship with him! Which was in the game. Natsuhiko has shown her what war is which was in the game and one more major part was her decision which decided if she was going to stay with Sakuya or leave him when they were trying to search for Sorata. Therefore, I'm positive that she had left Sakuya's route. uhohohoho. Gotcha there, didn't I. So, humph. I'm convinced it's Natsuhikos route now. Y'all were making me depressed by reading the comments, gosh damn. Well, I now shall wait until the next episode. Farewell, and expect me to be writing a long ass paragraph. c:

No one is denying that they're in Natsuhiko's route, but they removed all the romantic parts and left only the plot bits. Based on that and the fact that there's only 4 episodes left, I'm inclined to believe they're not going to develop a romance between Mikoto and Natsuhiko.

My prediction is that in the end, she'll go back to Sakuya. That pairing is more developed.

Mar 3, 2016 12:00 PM

A bit late to still reply in the thread for the previous episode but oh well. Better late than never.

Inugirlz said:
Like if he was really like this in the game I don't know how anyone could like his route.

I think his depiction in the anime is quite spot on, although he does get the short end of the stick since they left his route at a very delicate moment. Doesn't help him getting rid of a Yandere image (The only bad end in the game that could be considered yandere is by another character though, surprisingly)
Frankly speaking, I did dislike his original route in the game - until Last Era. Once I was able to see what was going through his head I started to like him more.

L-Ryoshi said:
Makes you wonder though, why the heck did they not brief each kid when they first got aboard the ship? Would it not have made more sense by going "Hi, welcome to this ship, we have a purpose for recruiting you, here's a little background, and here's your purpose in life..." rather than keep everyone in the dark about things until they start going missing, getting attacked and getting kidnapped and shit? Keeping them in the dark made absolutely no sense, especially when those same kids are suppose to make such a huge decision (i.e. how the reset world will be shaped) which affects all humankind's future.

The point is to not have them be biased in any way. They are to travel the world and see its state by themselves before they come to a decision.
That they get abducted and such is a first if I recall correctly. They are not prepared for these special circumstances.
It's important for humanity, but humanity doesn't get a say in the matter. Which is what Natsuhiko upsets the most.

BurntJelly said:
No real surprises in the "reveal"... pretty much everything explained has been implied in previous episodes.

The anime really didn't beat around the bushes and had "Reset" as well as other things be mentioned much earlier than the game ever did, regardless of the routes. I kinda expected it to happen 1-2 episodes later.

abyss333 said:
SO Kaharu was gullible enough to set fire to the whole city. is she batshit crazy or something. wtf. stupidest character i have come across in a long time

Nope. They just left out some information as you will see in episode 9.
She uses her power to destroy weapons and weapons only, not humans.

Happy for the Nagisa cameo~ And more Sorata/Aine ;w; Precious babies.
I really like the episode, it had so much plot HAHA.

As I kinda did in the replies to the previous quotes, I can now safely say this:
It's not like the anime is told in a confusing way, the story is supposed to be told in this roundabout manner. The game was exactly the same, if not even worse since they rarely hinted at things as directly as they do here.
I think they're doing a good job at telling the plot, but they're doing poorly in the romance department. I personally prefer it this way though. It might become my favorite otome adaption, despite the often lazy animation.
Modified by Shiina, Mar 3, 2016 12:04 PM

Mar 3, 2016 1:39 PM

AngelicTotoro said:

The opening is the biggest lie in the universe then. :[
Ugh, of all of the routes to screw up, why did they have to do it to the best one?

I think that if it's really the Sakuya route, we should have been paying attention to the symbolism in the opening. When Mikoto is shown with Natsuhiko he disappears into sparkles or something. It's probably showing that they weren't really going to be together, although the possibility was there.

Still misleading though.

Mar 5, 2016 2:34 PM

All that information were very interesting. I didn't expect such a revelation about the reset. Great episode.

Mar 6, 2016 9:49 AM

So at last something interesting started to happen - after the half of the series... I wonder how are they going to solve all of it in four episodes.
And also why Koharu, who had been so afraid of her ability up to this point, suddenly didn't have any problems with using it. Kakeru's father hypnotised her or something?

Mar 28, 2016 3:35 AM

Koharu was taken by Kaheru's father who was presumed dead, Mikoto is on a strange ship with two strangers we know zero about, Ron is still a mysterious douche.

Well, at least for now, all of them are alive.

Sep 23, 2016 4:13 AM

Holy Sheet!!! Actual plot twist in shoujo genre? This is my first shoujo that have it. Surprised at Reset thingy and 1919 looks high tech civilization because of four repetition. This episode was amazing and got respect to this show.

Another revelation that the traveler is Kakeru's Father. WoW.

Looks like next episode is something that look forward to.

ED Song: 3/5

5/5

Pages (2) « 1 [2]