Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 23, 2016 5:02 AM

May 2014
I have read the manga before the anime aired.
Never get bored with user's expectation of what coming next~~
I love these two <3[url[/url]
Feb 23, 2016 7:25 AM

Oct 2015
komasan said:
When a shoujo show has more action than even action anime...

This was a really fantastic episode. I loved how everyone worked together and all had an important part to play in saving Shirayuki. I almost forgot how Shirayuki was just putting up a brave front for most of the ordeal; you can really feel her relief flooding through when Zen hugged her. I'm glad that this arc has ended, as much as I enjoyed it. Also Raji is the cutest <3

Kind of expected the dad thing. Mitsuhide's face in the last cut made me cackle. I hope we get some cute awkward family scenes next!

First off, Prince Raj's development Has been going on very nicely. Finally Shirayuki gets back to Zen.

Kinda expected The Lions of the Mountain to be related to her somehow so not much of a surprise.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 23, 2016 8:55 AM

May 2009
DAD?? :D
I'm afraid Zen is gonna have troubles with his brother when they try to return Shirayuki to the castle. And Obi is gonna feel very guilty, for few reasons.
Lets see how it all goes.
Feb 23, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
bitch got what she deserved and is that her dad!!
Feb 23, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2010
dad's hair is dark red?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 23, 2016 4:15 PM

Dec 2015
YESSSSS. I was waiting for this episode. Omg.
That hug. It was gorgeous. And Shira finally letting it all out... Awww poor thing ;-;
I absolutely cannot WAIT for the next episode omg <3

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Feb 23, 2016 5:03 PM
Feb 2014
That ending got me like
Daaaaaamn Daniel
Feb 23, 2016 8:20 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing episod

Raj got so much develpment in this arc. So proud of him T__T

Zen and Shiraiyuki reunited T________T

OMG your her dad 0___0 WHAT!!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2016 9:43 PM
Aug 2015
aww this was so cute <3
"otou-san!"
can't wait until next week
Feb 23, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2009
This season/cour of Shirayuki feels more like Yona of the Dawn. Not saying that that's a bad thing. Just feels nothing like the first one, which had more of an Aria tone to it.
Feb 24, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2013
Inugirlz said:
komasan said:

I don't think he knew the girl who was kidnapped was his daughter, judging from his reaction. I can't recall if anyone ever mentioned Shirayuki's name to him though so I might be wrong.

I dunno not many people have red hair, that's why she's so special. He must of known it was a red-haired girl, he should have at least suspected it might be her. But you're right he seemed surprised when he saw her.

Another theory is that he didn't want to see her cuz he obviously abandoned. Her grandparents raised her. While this man is off playing bandit/bodyguard.

It would be super cheap if the reason for kidnapping her is that Kazuki found himself in her because of the red-hair-incident, so it would be the best if her dad wanted to see her or whatever (and couldn't ask her the normal way 'cause he's a bandit). I just hope it ends up like that and that the reason for his surprisement is that she changed a lot over the years and he didn't see her in a while...something among those lines.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Feb 24, 2016 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
Mormegil said:
This season/cour of Shirayuki feels more like Yona of the Dawn. Not saying that that's a bad thing. Just feels nothing like the first one, which had more of an Aria tone to it.

I agree. The first season felt more special, like an old Disney movie, while the second season resembles more of Akatsuki no Yona as the episodes progress. Especially with this pirates-kidnappers and battles on the sea.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Feb 25, 2016 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode!!!

Although who didn't see that ending coming?
Feb 25, 2016 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
The cliche Zen hug is back... ugh, you barely did anything!
Shirayuki's Dad? next episode should be interesting...
Kotarou_Feb 25, 2016 11:51 PM
Feb 26, 2016 3:38 AM
Mar 2012
Good arc overall. Ended on a nice surprise--DAD!
Pretty cool to have mountain vs sea, then Clarines representing sky with smart use of the bird tracker with Obi relaying the stone. Well planned flanking their base. And Raj bravery & development was excellent to see. Never expected him to lead a fleet & ram a ship with himself in the bow. Animation was fine but fighting too short, or just wanted pirates punished more. Kiki did well but still needs more screentime. Nice vortices.
Feb 26, 2016 4:40 AM

May 2014
I like that Raj became more mature in this season
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 26, 2016 8:05 AM

Aug 2014
Dad outta nowhere..

I hate cliffhanger like this.
Feb 27, 2016 3:02 AM

Dec 2012
Raj had a good development through this season, now I like him. A lot of action in this episode, the reunion was cute :).
Feb 27, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin hype ep!! Can't wait to see the interactions with Shirayuki and her dad.

Raj was the MVP this ep tho. Man I love his development XD
Feb 27, 2016 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
Amazing episode. Raj has come a long way, I love him so much. Can't wait to re-watch the entire series from the start to appreciate his growth even more.
Zen was beyond epic/badass/awesome/etc in this episode OMG. Best boy.
Next week's ep is gonna be interesting too. 5/5
Mar 1, 2016 5:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

That was quite the twist, didn't see that coming at all!

Still super lame to see Obi get shafted and Zen to be the hero, same with Prince Raj. At least Raj was able to change his image that the merchants originally had for him.

Raj should've made the pirate lady his personal concubine. That would've been perfect.
Mar 6, 2016 10:37 AM

Jul 2009
Such a sweet moment when Shirayuki and Zen hugs!
So the mountain clan chief was her dad, better it than she being a princess of some kingdom!
Mar 10, 2016 4:04 AM

May 2010
Oh, Raj made this episode a lot better than I thought he would. Way better than Zen being the commander. Plus, it shows his character development, too. My favorite episode so far.

Another nice MitsuKiki moment Also, it was satisfying to see Umihebi drop that smug off her face. She was annoying me for a while now. And yay for the plot twist, loved it!

I obviously don't care about ZenYuki at this stage. ObiYuki and RajYuki are far more entertaining to watch. All ZenYuki has is, awkward hugs and cheesy dialogues. I used to like them together, but it's getting annoying.
Mar 15, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
Shirayuki's long lost family returns??

A nice development with her relationship with Zen as well. Their hug was cute. Both of them must have strong feelings for the other, don't forget Zen told his brother he wants to marry Shirayuki.

What a fairy tale.
Apr 4, 2016 4:22 PM

Feb 2013
- Kiki is thrown her sword.
- Me: gets excited to see Kiki beat up the bad guys.
- Mitsuhide jumps in and beats the bad guys.
- Me: dissappointed

At least there was a later shot of her slicing and dicing the pirates.

I was wondering about Shirayuki's parents a couple episode back, but couldn't recall what was mentioned about them in the first season...
Apr 7, 2016 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
What? What? WHAT?!

Okay. Shocker over. But this show, man. All the cheese, corn, and vanilla. The warm and fuzzy feels and shit.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
May 25, 2016 1:31 AM

May 2013
lol anyone who was surprised he was Shirayuki's dad needs to watch more anime. That was a no brainer.

Obi seems to still feel frustrated at his incapability to protect Shirayuki properly from the beginning :(
Kokoro_KotashimaMay 25, 2016 1:35 AM
Jul 17, 2016 8:41 AM

Nov 2013
Nice action this episode. Zen looked totally wild and he and Obi were going all out. Better not to incur his wrath. Well, the pirates learned this lesson the hard way. And Raj was actually cool.

I hope this pirate scum gets executed. Or at least thrown in jail forever. I love her facial expression, when she realized she's fucked.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 27, 2016 3:55 PM

Jul 2014
WOW. That was actually really, really awesome.

5/5
Aug 9, 2016 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
Watched from [GJM]
The pirate were overwhelmed and defeated!
Deymn! I didn't expect that it was Shirayuki's dad? really!?
5/5.

Jan 22, 2017 10:28 PM
Jan 2016
Fantastic episode
A great mix between romance comedy and action
Raj had become one of my favorites characteres of this show after this episode
My otp of all time Shirayuki and Zen
I can not wait to see more moments of them together
Jan 27, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2011
I'm not surprise that the pirate chick gets to live in jail. If she was a man, probably Zen would of finished him off and my second disappointment has to be with the blond chick, I thought she was added in the story to fight 1 on 1 against the pirate chick. What a total let down, but a twist with Shirayuki dad in the end was unexpected.
May 21, 2017 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
hahahaha i knew he was gonna be shirayuki's dad! but awh zen and shirayuki <3
Oct 5, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Dat Kiki booty.
Friend of the Royal Family?
If you wanted to confuse them, you should have declared Orange.
Dat cut.
Kiki so pretty with her hair down in that cave.
LMAO I had a feeling he was her dad. The hair and eyes gave it away for me when I first saw him.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 23, 2017 4:56 AM

Sep 2012
they sure dropped a bomb at the end XD
Dec 7, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2013
Raj was the true MVP of this episode.

I didn’t see that ending coming.
Mar 12, 2018 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
LMAO Dad.

Then again, Raj surely improved a lot.

May 14, 2019 10:49 PM

Jun 2013
ALL RIGHT, FOLKS. THIS EPISODE IS SO INTENSE. HEROES TO THE RESCUE!

Everyone is badass here.

Prince Zen goes in full wrath mode with his glaring eyes while fighting against the pirates. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ♥‿♥

Prince Raj becomes courageous and performs his duties well. He overcomes his fears. I am so proud of him! He has a good character development!

Obi, Mitsuhide, Kiki, and the Mountain's Lions squad have also a good fight against the enemies.

AAAAAH. ZEN AND SHIRAYUKI EMBRACE EACH OTHER. THEY FINALLY REUNITE!

ZEN X SHIRAYUKI. (>人<) (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♥‿♥

Enemies have been defeated! Goodbye, Umihebi and your squad!

So the chief of the Mountain's Lions is Shirayuki's father. What a plot twist!

Apr 7, 2020 12:56 AM

May 2016
Zen hugging Shirayuuki was heart melting scene, I hope that guy is her real father hate when they mix up this if its wrong.
Aug 24, 2020 4:13 PM
Jul 2020
I knew it!!
Shirayuki and the Cheif of the LoM both have such similar complexions, and once I narrowed it down I realized that them being related is the only reason that they would want her. I also thought that the Woman who kidnapped them was her mom, but I doubt it since Shirayuki didn't recognize her but did for her dad.
Watching lots of intellectual animes with a bunch of plot twists really helps out in the end haha ^^
Dec 25, 2020 6:18 AM

Jul 2017
Cliche but great episode to complete the rescue of Shirayuki and Kazuki, by Prince Raj, Prince Zen, their people and the Mountain Lions. Everything was well handled, and the twist in the end with Shirayuki's father was a genuinely surprising one and a damn good cliffhanger I have to say, really came out of nowhere. Even so, lots to love about this episode and by far the best episode of this season so far that's paled a bit in comparison to the first one, helping this season come close somewhat. Might end up giving it the same rating as the first season (7/10) if the next few episodes can deliver somewhat.
Mar 31, 2021 2:43 AM

Mar 2019
Another amazing episode. This whole kidnapping arc was beautifully executed. That twist at the end caught me off guard ngl
Aug 4, 2021 12:52 PM

Jan 2021
That’s it!! It’s decided!! You can disagree all you want! But Raj is one of the best characters
Sep 30, 2021 4:08 AM

Feb 2019
Wow, great episode! The entire episode was thrilling, and the end twist was really great too.

I really like Raj now. The sight of him, the Crown Prince of Tanbarun, leading a fleet of warships against the pirates was just amazing. His growth has been great, and he's slowly shaping up to be a true royal prince like Zen. Really loved the panicked look on the pirates' faces.

And when he appeared out of the vortices too. That was awesome. And then he rammed the ship, before it was all topped off with a pincer attack by Zen's party and the Mountain Lions. Pretty amazing battle, and a sweet embrace between our two main leads ^^

So the dark red hair indeed foreboded that the Mountain Lion leader is Shirayuki's father? I know I entertained the possibility last episode, but the way it was shown was really surprising. I want to know more, and also why Shirayuki's parents left her with her grandparents and why he seemed like he didn't recognise his daughter (although that's maybe acting, since he did send Kazuki and Itoya to rescue her).

So exciting! This second season is multiple times better than the first!
Jan 12, 2023 4:11 AM

May 2015
Glad to finally see Shirayuki's dad.
Mar 29, 2023 10:21 AM

May 2020
I knew it'll be a fairy tale rescue. Zen miraculous appeared out of somewhere.. I guess they didn't explain how but fine I won't ask for the reasoning. As that's how it goes in these shows.

Raj, though finally elevated his status from a clown character to somewhat someone we can atleast see in a new light lol. That dad thing in the end sure was something lmao.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.