Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 22, 2016 7:56 AM
Mar 2015
uzee said:
I call BS. Ultear becoming young again ruined the whole tragedy of her using up her life for that 1 second. It was one of my favorite chapters and now it's meaningless :(((((

We JSUT saw that happen to Aquarius too why so surprised. Bad things will not happen to good people their are no permanent consequences in this manga. I am still wasting for Simon to return.
Even RWBY can kill people off for good why not here lol
Feb 22, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2014
???

What???????

What the fuck????

0/5 is a fucking understatement.
"Hi!"
Feb 22, 2016 8:22 AM

Jun 2013
If Simon turns out to be alive, most likely the 'explanation' for his revival will be that, he fused with r-system (tower of heaven) smth.
Feb 22, 2016 8:29 AM

Aug 2015
Well just one think for this salty tears :D

Feb 22, 2016 8:32 AM
Nov 2015
bad chapter is bad

Until Zeref and Acnologia's turns come, I'll just ignore all the bullshit/asspulls/terrible plot etc.
Feb 22, 2016 8:46 AM
Mar 2015
Anyway I am not to mad ultear sexier then most of the fairy tail girls, so I can let it slide. Fairy tale decked is stacked. As powerful as the Spriggans CLAIM to be, kagura,erza and jellal are some of the most powerful wizards in the world. They are fine. Like wise team Wendy is an s class dragonslayer, two healers, and Carla has precondition, which would be handy. And if by chance they fail gray, Lyon, ultear Juvia mereedy could only be defeated together by ackologia. Gajeel is still gonna die though, Levy has no business being on the frontlines and is pregnant
Feb 22, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2009
While I have mixed feelings overall, it's awesome to see Ultear back. She got such a shitty deal with the way she went out, I'm happy to see one of my more favorite characters back.

Definitely more fitting to see a four way fight against Dimaria now then just one single person, Ultear teaming up with Wendy, Carla, and Sherria to take her down is a fight I'm highly looking forward to, especially when it involves Time Magic :D
Feb 22, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
trump54 said:
Anyway I am not to mad ultear sexier then most of the fairy tail girls, so I can let it slide. Fairy tale decked is stacked. As powerful as the Spriggans CLAIM to be, kagura,erza and jellal are some of the most powerful wizards in the world. They are fine. Like wise team Wendy is an s class dragonslayer, two healers, and Carla has precondition, which would be handy. And if by chance they fail gray, Lyon, ultear Juvia mereedy could only be defeated together by ackologia. Gajeel is still gonna die though, Levy has no business being on the frontlines and is pregnant

It's been stacked since the arc started. Adding CS at this point is just bullying now.
Feb 22, 2016 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
seems like it makes sense to me, initially she could only affect the time of inorganic materials but obviously that didn't last long since she wouldn't be able to open the second origin on people if she was not able to use her magic on people, she probably was never concerned with the thought of using it on her own body/age since she was already at a young age so if you're a time wizard and all of a sudden become and old ass hag you'd probably study to reverse your age.

besides itd pretty much be impossible to beat this spriggan time bitch without another time wizard.

if its taken you till now just to realize people almost never die in fairy tail i feel bad for you. only person i can recall dying is kaguras brother. Guess you can count igneel and the other dragons as well but not something we saw. besides makarov has been supposed to die like 5 different times as well as retire from guild master and hes still around as the master im sure hell die near the finale.

i just hope laxus gets fixed his power is legit and they are gonna need him in peak condition if this arc continues for long.

still no appearance from gildarts probably saving it for a moment of despair.
Feb 22, 2016 9:38 AM
Mar 2015
bromains said:
seems like it makes sense to me, initially she could only affect the time of inorganic materials but obviously that didn't last long since she wouldn't be able to open the second origin on people if she was not able to use her magic on people, she probably was never concerned with the thought of using it on her own body/age since she was already at a young age so if you're a time wizard and all of a sudden become and old ass hag you'd probably study to reverse your age.

besides itd pretty much be impossible to beat this spriggan time bitch without another time wizard.

if its taken you till now just to realize people almost never die in fairy tail i feel bad for you. only person i can recall dying is kaguras brother. Guess you can count igneel and the other dragons as well but not something we saw. besides makarov has been supposed to die like 5 different times as well as retire from guild master and hes still around as the master im sure hell die near the finale.

i just hope laxus gets fixed his power is legit and they are gonna need him in peak condition if this arc continues for long.

still no appearance from gildarts probably saving it for a moment of despair.

Its not that, ultears sacrifice was a powerful moment and we thought it would stick. Oh well, and Simon could totally return at this point

For gildarts to return narrative must be in the hands of either natsu or cana

ultear coming back now means narrative will fall to gray soon. Remember the character tree
Feb 22, 2016 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Welp, that was disappointing. When Crime Sorciere members started to appear, I was expecting Sawyer (Racer) to come and use his own time slowing magic, NOT DEAD ULTEAR!
Feb 22, 2016 9:56 AM

Jul 2015
Has nothing to do Ultear be time traveler, this ta getting nonsense no one could die suddenly back ¬¬
Feb 22, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
It's about time you people realised not to get over emotional over events that happened in FT. This series is just like a fairytale.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 22, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
Yatorin said:
Has nothing to do Ultear be time traveler, this ta getting nonsense no one could die suddenly back ¬¬

She was not dead to begin with.
Feb 22, 2016 10:17 AM

Feb 2012
Lmao my man Mashima can't even keep his characters old let alone kill them off.

Comedy gold.
Feb 22, 2016 10:19 AM
Feb 2016
You guys worry too much about the fact that Ultear is still alive. For me, what i worry is about the enemy that Erza, Kagura and Jerard is going to face. We haven't seen his face since the start, they are the three of the them together and the author likes bringing character back from the death: I think the enemy is Simon, the dead brother of Kagura
For me: 4/5
Feb 22, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
ValexIV said:
Welp, that was disappointing. When Crime Sorciere members started to appear, I was expecting Sawyer (Racer) to come and use his own time slowing magic, NOT DEAD ULTEAR!

Just watch. This is just Rustyrose and Sawyer fucking with everyone.
Feb 22, 2016 10:29 AM

Apr 2010
I can understand most of the salt about Ultear coming back but it doesn't 'erase her character development'. When she sacrificed her time, she'd been prepared to die, she had no idea that she would be able to regain it (if that's really what happened). So it might be something of an asspull if that's actually Ultear, but it wouldn't be an asspull that destroys Ultear as a character.
Feb 22, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
metsujin said:
Yatorin said:

She was not dead to begin with.

Oh I say she is killed by old and can not fight, do not really like those character things back from anything
juubabsFeb 22, 2016 10:33 AM
Feb 22, 2016 10:31 AM
Sep 2014
Now that I think about it, the only way I'd *kinda* be okay with this is if Ultear was using some kind of illusion magic to give her youth appearance as to be seen as sort of a threat. And when the battle is over, revert back to her old self (after FT inevitably wins).
Feb 22, 2016 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
Surprised nobody is even mentioning Dimaria having "Chronos" in her name, that is literally the name of the God of Time,maybe we finally get to see some real Gods in FT universe, ah too much thing to think about.

Also can someone confirm, saw someone saying we have no chapter next week?
Feb 22, 2016 10:37 AM

May 2012
Glad Ultear is back since she's one my my favorite characters in FT, but how in the hell how

Mashima pulls something outta his hat. Guess we'll see how it goes down in the next chapter

Feb 22, 2016 10:48 AM

Mar 2011
Bring Simon and Ingeel back as well :)

Anyway, I'm not that letdown. Dunno why, I just am not. Guess I 'm just not interested at all in Dimaria so anything that happens arround her I'm just immune to it.

Cool designs for the secondary characters. Hiro should definetely be the artist and let someole else take the reigns of the story for his next manga
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 22, 2016 10:53 AM
Nov 2015
Kanic said:

Anyway, I'm not that letdown. Dunno why, I just am not. Guess I 'm just not interested at all in Dimaria so anything that happens arround her I'm just immune to it.

Cool designs for the secondary characters. Hiro should definetely be the artist and let someole else take the reigns of the story for his next manga

Inb4 Neinhart turns out to be Simon...all three people - Erza, Kagura and Jellal are connected to Simon. This always happens in FT.
Feb 22, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
The only exciting part, was Jellal appearing. Utear, I'm okay with, as long as it is properly explained.

I usually enjoy war-arcs, but, at this point, I can honestly say Mashima is creating a good example of what not to do, when writing one.

*sigh* C'mon, FT! I know you can do better than this!
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Feb 22, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Chaos_Harbinger said:
Kanic said:

Inb4 Neinhart turns out to be Simon...all three people - Erza, Kagura and Jellal are connected to Simon. This always happens in FT.

Neinhart is gonna be Mystogan. I'm betting everything on this.
Feb 22, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2013
Neinhart is Zancrow. Man not worth it to post stuff about this series anymore.
Feb 22, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
uzee said:
I call BS. Ultear becoming young again ruined the whole tragedy of her using up her life for that 1 second. It was one of my favorite chapters and now it's meaningless :(((((

^ this this this.
I love ultear but this was completely BS.
Unless the next chapter has a satisfying explanation (which I doubt). Ultear's "end" is going to become meaningless.
Feb 22, 2016 12:17 PM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
Neinhart is Zancrow. Man not worth it to post stuff about this series anymore.

Calm down some people actually wanna do point out some valid critism and since opinions can´t be wrong all of them are legit.

Let´s look at the hints, we´re given.

Why I think the "Simon is alive reveal" will appear within the next chapters.

1.Kagura Jellal and Erza are put together in one spot.
2.We never got Simon confirmed to be dead (Erza didn´t feel his pulse or anything).
3. Natsu and Erza survived the R system why not a buffed guy like him?
4. Why make Kagura Simons sister if he´s dead to begin with?

How does it diminish anything of his character? He intended to sacrifice himself for Erza and just didn´t suceed but surived by some miracle probably having a poor life for the past 7+years.

5. An interaction between Simon and Jellal is required for Jellal´s atonment,
If he´s a spirit or alive doesn´t matter. if he´s alive it wasn´t pointless for Jellal to atone because the assumption of him being dead is still there and Jellal has done other horrible things.

6. Why do I not apply the same treatment towards Ultear? Ultear has killed innocents. Atoning by sacrificing her life/time was somewhat poetic for that character as she gave up her own life instead of taking a life.
I know that even if she sacrificed nothing her convition is still there, but reverting her "judgement" is like a get out of jail card.
If it´s a temporary fighting mode it´s actually ok and in that case I revoke my claim, but that´s unlikely.
Feb 22, 2016 12:25 PM
Jan 2013
Honestly when Ultear appeared I didn't remember who she was until I saw the whole text on that page

Benphyre said:
It's about time you people realised not to get over emotional over events that happened in FT. This series is just like a fairytale.

This. This recent chapter gives us the hard way.
Ah, at least I get to see Meredy again, and perhaps other members of Crime Sorciere (wonder if I type it right?)~
Feb 22, 2016 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
So it is official..Warren just confirmed that Serena is down and that he will stay down.

MEREDY!!?!? Wait...THAT MEANS!!! O__O (...And Leon Fell for Meredy huh?) CRIME SORCIERE IS HERE!? ORACION SEIS!? xD

Time Stopping? it really was full scale Time Stop?

Oi oi,,,Wendy and Sherria better not be able move with bullshit reason.

O___O !!!!!! SHE IS HEREEE!!! SHE IS BACK!!!!!!! UUUUULLLLTTTTTEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!! *TEARS* T___T *OF HAPPPINESS!!*

Well have to some what...agree with Annoyance that is that this ruins Ultear's Sacrificial Scene...BUT MORE HAPPY ABOUT ONE OF THE FAVORITES IS BACK!!! YEY
JarjaxleFeb 22, 2016 12:34 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 22, 2016 12:35 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I've always thought that Ultear was hot.. And now when she's back, I'm happy! :D

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Feb 22, 2016 1:32 PM
Nov 2015
This chapter gave me mixed feelings. Firstly, when Mavis was looking so nervous about fighting Zeref, I was secretly hoping it was because she didn't want to fight him, due to being in love with him (I mean, the ship technically is canon as they kissed) and that if she meets him they'll just stare at each other sadly and Zeref will start to feel kinda sad and happy (after Mavis died, he can finally see her again properly) I'm a hardcore Zervis shipper btw
And as for Ultear....I wish she hadn't come back too. Her scene in GMG was one of the most epic scenes, and the effect has been destroyed. also, I would have loved to see Wendy and Cherria defeat Dimaria on their own. I mean, it would show how strong they can be. But it makes them seem a lot weaker that they need to be saved by someone who travelled back in time from an old woman.
It reminded me a lot of the Aquarius and Lucy scene.
Feb 22, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2014
so no explanation for laxus' red lightning yet, damn. wont be surprised if jellal solos someone as laxus did and i think most people assumed they top tier guys could 1v1. actually dont mind ultear coming back as long as the reason doesnt suck, just waiting for mashima to bust out the fairy law and/or gildarts. kinds seemed fairy law was a possibility by the way makarov was acting
Feb 22, 2016 2:12 PM
Jan 2016
I don't think that Ultear is back for real.. it's probably Dimaria's magic that allowed her to appear in her young form again. She's probably there, as an old woman, but when Dimaria "stopped the time of the world", she used this to take back her lost time and fight her... Probably, after the battle's over, we'll see her as an old woman again.
Feb 22, 2016 2:25 PM
Oct 2014
Again, I don't see the problem Ultear coming back as long as they have a good reason behind it.

If the reason is crap, then I will totally agree on BS with Ultear coming back.

When it comes to death or "fall" of characters, I don't mind if they come back as long there is good reason/backstory behind it, and they give the revived character a "great comeback" and role that makes their revival worth it.

Examples is like Elaine, Matrona, and Hellbram from Nanatsu no Taizai, Minato from Naruto, Ayumi from Charlotte, Alibaba from Magi, Uni from Reborn, Sabo from One Piece, etc..

They all had meaningful deaths/falls, but were able to come back with no issues and make the story as appealing (maybe even more).

Compare to Dragonball's revive issues, this kind of "revive" is great as long they give nice explanation.
Feb 22, 2016 3:14 PM
Apr 2013
Sure, why not. The Grand Magic Games arc was already pretty bad. Why not go full circle and take away everything that was good about it?
Feb 22, 2016 4:00 PM

May 2014
Ultear back! I see everyone complaining but honestly I could care less, that was an awesome surprise and I could not be more happy! Mashona looks like he's setting up this arc to be the last, the epic fights have only just begun!
Feb 22, 2016 4:00 PM

May 2012
Kinda weirded out by Ultear coming back. But at least she's young again. Always thought she was one of the hottest girls in this series. Lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 22, 2016 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Funny how Kagura mentioned Erza should be injured... Seems Hiro is making fun of FT main power source there :D
Actually since he introduced another time magic based character, I kinda expected to Ultear show up, but in her old self.
This was kinda too much "fairy-tailish" even for Fairy Tail...
TAK3Z0Feb 22, 2016 4:21 PM
Feb 22, 2016 4:28 PM
Oct 2010
OH COME ON!

total asspull. how in hell does that even happen
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 22, 2016 4:34 PM
Oct 2015
You guys are overlooking the idea why ultear is back.... Dimaria spell "Time Sealing: Age Seal" it locks in someone's age probably . And keep in mind she said it is her own world . Meaning only she has frozen her age in time . Ultear is only able to fight her because she too has her true body trapped in this world. I bet once Dimaria is defeated she will resort back to her original age , which is probably an old lady. I mean it would make sense why she has been around all this time to win many wars/battles .
Feb 22, 2016 5:40 PM
Feb 2016
Hi, new person here.

Like many, I was curious about the revival of Ultear, despite her sacrifice at the Grand Magic Games. But I do not think she's going to be back permanently, rather, she called that pocket of space the "Gaol of Time," or "Prison of Time." This is a world that exists outside of time, isolated from the place we know of.

If anything, Ultear casting the grand time spell to turn the world back one second costed her youth, or her time, imprisoning it in another area away from usage, because it has been spent.

I'm willing to bet that this is Ultear in her youth, the "time being" that was not able to live. And by activating her time seal magic, that Spriggan 12 person either lowered the prison that held Ultear's time, or brought the prison to their battleground, thus releasing Ultear to fight. (I mean, she was wearing the same outfit she had on from the Grand Magic Games when she casted the spell).

That and Mashima might cheat or something, and have a huge battle that will result in the "time" of the Spriggan 12 member switch places with Ultear, freeing Ultear's time from the prison, because that's how he would roll.

Also, where the heck are the remains of the Oracion Seis?
Feb 22, 2016 6:39 PM
Feb 2016
I can't understand some of you guys, you felt sad when Ultear became old but you are disappointed now that she came back with her original age and appearance. The fact that she sacrificed herself and became old before, isn't that enough to pay for her sins? Well, if you guys worried that it's not enough bec she came back to normal isn't it much better for her to have her original young body and help fairytail to defeat Zeref? I mean there's no point removing her character like that that's why I was sure before that she will come back young again and help the main characters.
Feb 22, 2016 6:45 PM
May 2015
SongSamDong said:
I can't understand some of you guys, you felt sad when Ultear became old but you are disappointed now that she came back with her original age and appearance. The fact that she sacrificed herself and became old before, isn't that enough to pay for her sins? Well, if you guys worried that it's not enough bec she came back to normal isn't it much better for her to have her original young body and help fairytail to defeat Zeref? I mean there's no point removing her character like that that's why I was sure before that she will come back young again and help the main characters.

Lol I'm taking this in a very comedic way
Feb 22, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2015
I do love Ultear, she waifu. But why is she back...
The whole tragedy with her sacrifice is now just... null. There's some explaining to do next chapter. As long as there is a good reason I will be fine... best girl.
So Crime Sorciere finally join the fray, interesting to see how this all plays out.
ChutneyTooSpicyFeb 22, 2016 7:08 PM

Feb 22, 2016 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
Finally Jellal appears, but seriosuly how the hell is Ultear young again.
Feb 22, 2016 9:10 PM
Feb 2016
What if ULTEAR pulls a BENJAMIN BUTTON , that explanation would be enough for me.
Feb 22, 2016 9:21 PM

Feb 2014
Hiro has ruined so much tension, not just from this arc but from all the previous arcs.

-Aquarius is sacrificed in order to save the guild during Tartaros arc, saying that she'll never be able to see Lucy again. Not even 100 chapters later she sees her again...
-Laxus saved guild mates from Magical Barrier Particles by eating them, risking his own life. Hinted that it would kill him eventually. BS plot device comes out of no where and now hes cured from the Magical Barrier Particles...
-annnd now Ultear. JUST COMES OUT OF LITERALLY NO WHERE. Like for fuck sakes, this pretty much ruins the grand magic games arc conclusion. The fact that she sacrificed her body's age to save them. You can't just fucking bring her back as her old self after that...

Jesus christ. If Igneel comes back to life somehow, I am actually dropping this manga. This is just getting more bullshit by the chapter. I'm usually one to defend this series but its just getting beyond stupid at this point. -1 score
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Feb 22, 2016 9:35 PM

Nov 2015
Lol at Jellal's dumb belief that he can take on Zeref.
Moronic character.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.