Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Feb 21, 2016 3:25 PM

Yes the gold coin......

And what a lame dick hero move = gold coin return/ and such an overused tired trope

BUT NOT JUST THAT!!

Some ppl just come into grimgar efiifent killers while other are useless kids. That other team, renji was probably an assassin or a major in some army or some such.

And he would have taken a healer of manato's calibre easily in his party. Manato was clearly a few levels ahead of the rest of these. And renji didnt want this dead weight.

but Manato being a kinder guy, chose to stay and help these unchosen ones than join renji's party.

I ithnk maybe renji and manato came to that agreement and thats why he gave them a gold goin. Renji considered manato a comrade. and knew withour manato they would have a hard time.

Feb 22, 2016 2:07 PM

They come without their memories, only their persona is there.

Read the novels

Feb 22, 2016 4:32 PM
ichii_1 said:

Read the novels

Not really scared but more like

Feb 23, 2016 7:16 PM
No he comes off as callous.

It's the same thing when a male flaunts his status in front of his rival to potential mates (females) and throws a bundle of cash on the ground like pity.

I'm too good for you sort of thing.

He's not being generous at all; it is simply a way of making them look bad by being upfront about it.

"I can afford to donate, and you can't; too bad your partner who was less useless than you guys died."

Feb 25, 2016 6:19 AM

Renji is sorta of crazy but he feels like a papa wolf. He gave them pity money but not because they are just anyone, but because he was directly related to them, it's different enough me thinks.
In the novels Haru isn't really sure about giving the money back and is actually kinda surprised himself when Renji says he'll take the money back, in the anime he's more confident. His intentions and reasoning are the same in both cases though, he doesn't think they should take it because Manato wouldn't want them to take the easy way out. Some people make the point that they could have just used the money to take it easy for a while and not necessarily go upgrade their stuff but there's multiple ways to look at it.

Feb 27, 2016 1:48 PM

Eaen said:
No he comes off as callous.

It's the same thing when a male flaunts his status in front of his rival to potential mates (females) and throws a bundle of cash on the ground like pity.

I'm too good for you sort of thing.

He's not being generous at all; it is simply a way of making them look bad by being upfront about it.

"I can afford to donate, and you can't; too bad your partner who was less useless than you guys died."
THAT'S GREAT!!!!

If you yourselves are powerlevelers who are kickin ass all over the place on your own and a BOSS kills off one of you.

When you arent worth shit, just take the money

And to what you are sayin, it wasnt even a few copper coins, or silvers, IT WAS A GOLD coin. Lets see how long it takes them to EARN one.

Feb 27, 2016 1:49 PM

ichii_1 said:

Read the novels
mangafag

No one has memories, but the skills learnt in whatever previous life do carry over.