Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 24, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2012
It was so sad, but why do I have the feeling that Mira is going to turn up to be Miyabi?

Feb 24, 2016 12:12 PM
Aug 2015
aikaflip said:

Steve Jobs?

An alright episode. Too much blatant exposition.

Great i wasn't the only...

livingdarknet said:
It was so sad, but why do I have the feeling that Mira is going to turn up to be Miyabi?

maybe...
Feb 24, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2015
theory of the day:

mira = reincarnation of miyabi
Feb 24, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2015
livingdarknet said:

I was thinking that since the very first episode, that they would end up somehow together.

You know, he hates coils, she's alive because of the one of her chest...
Now that we have Miyabi in the picture, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being
at least based on Miyabi's consciousness or Miyabi herself.

BUT, was Miyabi's head "lost" that they don't know where it is, or that they couldn't
preserve it because the coil failure?
Feb 24, 2016 9:15 PM

Jun 2013
Damn,poor kyouma
teriffic episode though.
Feb 25, 2016 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
Arc is meh........

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 25, 2016 4:34 AM

Sep 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
Damn,poor kyouma
teriffic episode though.

The graphics is better than the previous episode
Feb 25, 2016 4:34 PM

Feb 2015
OMFG they cloned Steve Jobs.
Feb 26, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2012
PaleBlue said:
FateHero said:
Someone please tell me that Miyabi is not as young as she looks.

The way it seemed to me is that Miyabi is a year or two younger than Kyouma. Kyouma seemed to be in high school when they met, and she was in either middle or high school. The flashback seemed to span several years to me, and that they were both college age toward the end of things.
Kyouma mentioned a university or something didn't he? I think he's in College during the flashback. (Which is why I'm concerned about the fact Miyabi looks like she could be a middle schooler.)
Feb 26, 2016 5:54 PM

May 2011
Basukesu-GE said:
How I wish the Dimension W manga translations weren't so slow, cause damn that episode today, when a guy loses a cute saint of a girlfriend like that, I'm in an ocean of feels...

Yen Press bought the English rights to Dimension W and are publishing it, which scares off Fan sub groups.

The problem is Yen Press releases their volumes slowly. like 2 volumes a year.

If someone like Crunchyroll bought the rights. They'd have all the volumes translated and up on their site within a couple months.
Feb 26, 2016 10:41 PM

Jan 2013
Some good backstory for Kyouma, other part of the episode was boring
Feb 26, 2016 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
Mira has the same body than his girlfriend, I think.
Feb 27, 2016 4:05 AM

Oct 2009
Sakaitsu said:
I think so too.Her body is probably the first full bionic prototype that has the closest resemblance to human biological body that was originally designated for Miyabi. It is also considered strange that she has some functional 'tails'.

Also replaying episode 1, Mabuchi is having flashback of Miyabi when he was slapped by Mira, also the fact that it is Yurizaki Seira the one that Mabuchi asked to save Miyabi, while prof.Yurizaki himself is Mira father.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 27, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2012
azzuRe said:
Sakaitsu said:
I think so too.Her body is probably the first full bionic prototype that has the closest resemblance to human biological body that was originally designated for Miyabi. It is also considered strange that she has some functional 'tails'.

Also replaying episode 1, Mabuchi is having flashback of Miyabi when he was slapped by Mira, also the fact that it is Yurizaki Seira the one that Mabuchi asked to save Miyabi, while prof.Yurizaki himself is Mira father.

Yes I was thinking the same thing about Mira's father. But I had forgotten about the flashback, nice find.
Feb 27, 2016 7:02 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, it passed really fast. Kyouma past was along the lines of expectation but good enough. The buildup on Kyoma and Albert's relationship was welcome too.

Tevens said:

and the professor found his GF's head, and realize it, and he made mira with his GF's head. that's what i thought.
because i have a feeling that Miyabi is a little bit similiar to Mira.
Please no.
Feb 27, 2016 11:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Finally got to watch last week's episode and I must say that this one was the most emotional one yet

Seeing Kyouma's past and finding out more about Grendel and that island was pretty intense and very tragic and I feel so bad for the guy....

Now it makes so much sense as to why he hates Coils because if I went through what he did I might probably feel the same way....His fiancee was so sweet too TwT

I can't wait to see how this arc unfolds especially considering that so many big names are here together
Feb 27, 2016 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Kyouma! :(
Lmao is that Steve Jobs!? O_o
Feb 27, 2016 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
Woa, Kyouma's loli girlfriend got killed by a coil. (her voice sounds like Mira's)
Feb 28, 2016 7:12 AM
Jul 2014
Riotstarter said:
Axelucard said:
hold up that dude is Steve Jobs lol shit is about to get more epic

GOD DAMMIT THAT WAS WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY FFS

And "Hitman KK". Didn't know K left the Men In Black to become a collector?

Sergeant Tamora Calhoun? ;) (Wreck-it Ralph)

Cameo-City! :D
Feb 28, 2016 8:07 AM
Oct 2012
Cirris said:
Basukesu-GE said:
How I wish the Dimension W manga translations weren't so slow, cause damn that episode today, when a guy loses a cute saint of a girlfriend like that, I'm in an ocean of feels...

Yen Press bought the English rights to Dimension W and are publishing it, which scares off Fan sub groups.

The problem is Yen Press releases their volumes slowly. like 2 volumes a year.

If someone like Crunchyroll bought the rights. They'd have all the volumes translated and up on their site within a couple months.

Damn, a snail can translate faster than that O_O
Feb 28, 2016 1:14 PM

Oct 2007
Totally Steve Jobs back and taking charge.
Feb 28, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
Dear lord, mah nigga... Japanese knife batman sure had it rough. That moment when not only the surgery failed, but your waifu got decapitated too.
It's kinda odd honestly that she got decapitated. It's not like the show is being incredibly edgy so far. I guess her head will have somekind of ''purpose'' later. After all, we don't know at all what happen to what goes into another dimension.

That expedition sure started on the wrong foot. I wouldn't have participated if I knew the guy who is supposed to pay me is going with us. How is he going to pay them if he dies? He also become a useless burden.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 28, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2012
The back story and development this episode was better than the previous episodes but Steve Jobs is the only thing relevant here D: omg steve
allo
Feb 29, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2014
I liked this episode. Or rather the first half, Kyoma has a nice backstory, so his sis is actually his girlfriend's sister. Didn't get the sphere at the latter half, and it really just stopped at a weird time.
Mar 3, 2016 5:08 AM

Jun 2015
I enjoyed it more than a few previous episodes so I'm quite exited about the next one. :D
Mar 3, 2016 10:00 PM

Oct 2013
Did this episode really spell out any of the details of the Coil War? All I got out of it was that it ended on Easter Island, but I can't tell if I just wasn't paying enough attention...

Loved the brief flashback on Kyouma's past, as well as how it ended. His irrational hatred of coils actually makes sense and really I can't blame him for it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 5, 2016 1:43 AM

Feb 2014
Miyabi and Kyoma ლ(ಥ Д ಥ )ლ ლ(ಥ Д ಥ )ლ ლ(ಥ Д ಥ )ლ
That was so sad. No wonder Kyoma hates coils.

While we're on the island, things seem to be getting serious. Some spooky things going on. This 4th dimension is not 100% normal or safe.
Mar 8, 2016 7:41 PM

May 2015
o.0 salva at the council place reminded me of aizen when he was sentenced
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
Mar 11, 2016 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
Deep deep great episode :D Nice to see Kouma's past life but sad with how it ends :(

It feels like he may find the reason to use coils again before the show reaches the finale. They should focus on making New Tesla the enemy after this mission but I doubt that will happen.
Mar 13, 2016 12:52 PM
Sep 2015
Okay, well, Kyouma's past actually made me wonder if I should understand his feelings. Well, I do, but still, I can't imagine myself not using coils if there'd be a possibility. Something even worse should happen.

The hunters imply some pretty interesting fights on the island.
Mar 13, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2014
Things are starting to become interesting :o
I wonder if there are more reasons for Kyouma to hate coils.
Mar 15, 2016 7:18 PM

Mar 2016
Feeling pathetic that I let this show get to me. I cried, I laughed, I speculated. I did think this was a really good episode and it kind of made up for the last two which felt pretty weak...

Got a lot of new information and looking forward to next week for hopefully some awesome smoking aces bounty racing by the group of collectors. Rooting for these guys.

Also,

Didnt we just get done with a (bad) two ep. arc that was showing us the exact opposite? Or am I totally misunderstanding the whole ghost shitscience?

This show keeps trying to trick me into thinking its way more serious than it actually is.
Mar 18, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2016
Finally some plot.

4/5
Mar 27, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
Omg, whats with those lousy character designs..? And did I just saw Steve Jobs!? This is just.. awful tbh.
Mar 29, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn awesome development! Looking forward to see what's next!
Apr 7, 2016 2:31 PM

Dec 2010
Katamori said:
Okay, well, Kyouma's past actually made me wonder if I should understand his feelings. Well, I do, but still, I can't imagine myself not using coils if there'd be a possibility. Something even worse should happen.

This. I mean in the anime it's stated:''It was an incurable disease where all the muscles in her body slowly degenerated/.../Five years at most. That's what the doctors gave her.''
She was basically a dead woman walking (lying in bed, whatever) whose only chance of survival was an experimental whole-body surgery using coils. Sadly, the surgery failed, but that doesn't change the fact that his girl would have died because of the disease anyway. It just gave her a (slim) chance of survival which wouldn't even have existed if there were no coils. And that's why imo this being the reason for Kyouma's hatred of coils falls somewhat flat.
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...
Apr 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2009
Steve Jobs is that you?
Apr 9, 2016 10:00 PM

Apr 2014
Finally actually getting into this show after seeing some back story & a better understanding of what exactly dimension W is, etc. Pretty cool episode, can't wait to see the rest of this eastern island arc.
Apr 13, 2016 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
1st half was good
2nd half boring
Apr 23, 2016 3:37 PM
Mar 2015
Steve Jobs is Alive people...
May 4, 2016 4:19 AM
Mar 2012
cameos everywhere...
The Americans & Mexicans lol, wacky designs. Real cat ears?
Forgot Buzz Lightyear grunts from an earlier episode.
Sexy Lexus...
So previous dam arc was important establishing the ghost phenomenon, and already explained most about W. This ep said the same thing we could infer from previous arcs, but in a much clarified way, about nothingness/infinity, W possibilities becoming energy. Then finally backstories of Dr. Yurizakis a bit, Miyabi (I was right previously she's Kyouma's wife).
Height difference with Miyabi slightly bothered me, but even a medical death sentence can't stop their love. And cheek kiss was hnnng. Miyabi has a cute vibe similar to Mira, & equally short, tho memory seems obviously different.
Mira gets a new vest, Elizabeth twintail + furcoat. Lol they're fashion models or trying to sell cosplay wear?

Quite obvious Loser won't hand the coil to Salva. He's after all Numbers not money. More answers why Kyouma hates coils. The only time he was really startled, seeing headless Mira in ep3, parallels Miyabi's tragedy. But feels like mc hasn't noticed.

New mysteries: why a coil could run when nothingness shutsdown coils. What's the sphere?
May 14, 2016 11:03 PM

Dec 2014
Goku said:
The American in anime

Kind of looks like a Bryan Hawk meets David Eagle from ippo

I thought the same thing lmao

And that black guy's name is K.K? lmao almost one k too far
Nov 7, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2017
To be honest I was really shocked to know that Kyoma's engaged and what's more heartbreaking was the fact that her head was somewhere else... I'm guessing she'll be a weapon to kill Kyoma in the near end but we don't know.

Things are becoming exciting WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Feb 20, 2018 3:04 AM

Apr 2009
Now we are back on the track.

So where is her head now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2018 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
Cool Blondie reference with the one duo. Kyouma's past was interesting and well told. The rest of the episode was just setup for upcoming stuff with some dialogue that was very expository and semi-awkward. I'm glad to finally hear a real explanation of how Dimension W works (though it's honestly still pretty weird and could almost be used for anything). The fact that they can do anything with Dimension W now, makes me excited to see what the writers decided to do. I feel like I will be somewhat disappointed, but we'll see.
Dec 31, 2019 5:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
His past with Miyabi was really sad :( but I hope Mira will be his new girlfriend
Jul 12, 2020 4:59 PM

May 2015
HMMMMMMM!!!! MIRA.........ADORABLE...............CUTE!!!!

"But it still works." "Throw it away" "Ooook, hai. *Places it down* I love the adorable noises she makes sometimes and the pouting is too cute!!!!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM
Mar 2023
I believe the song that plays at 10:20 on this episode is https://youtu.be/ArzZ13bpsaU
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.