Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 21, 2016 10:06 AM

May 2013
You know what, just teach that shit in biology O_o kind of awkward to have a whole class for it huh

COME ON GUIZES WER GONNA GO LEARN ABOUT FACKING pshhh count me out
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 21, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
It should be mandatory, you don't even find many parents that opt their children out at least around here save for very specific religions. You find more anti-vaxxers than those opting their kids out of sex ed.

Feb 21, 2016 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
It should be actually. At its due time and at a proper pace. And what they should teach should be actually useful of course.
I guess for now, its works more in the concept than in the practice. Regardless, its better for the kids to learn it from adults rather than internet videotutorials if you get what I mean.
Feb 21, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2015
I think that all Public schools should be required to teach it. I say it does more harm than good not to teach it.

I think it should be optional for Private schools to do as it my disagree with there beliefs (even though some of the students will go out and have unsafe sex anyway).

My sex-ed class wasn't even that good, I barely learned anything in it that I didn't already learn from the internet and 80% of it was about STD's. My parents never really talked to me about that stuff anyway. In fact once we were in the car and my mom and dad were talking about my school and sex-ed was brought up and my dad was like "So he's going to be learning about the birds and the bees" I was 16 at the time, he seriously though I didn't know about that? I'm Asexual anyway so it didn't really matter for me.
Feb 21, 2016 1:20 PM

Mar 2014
We've had sex ed here in Sweden since 1955 and nobody has died from it yet, so yes it should (even if a lot of pupils might not take it seriously but still)

And no, "muh religion" is not an excuse
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 21, 2016 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
xrockxz89 said:
You know what, just teach that shit in biology O_o kind of awkward to have a whole class for it huh

lol there's no need since it's still different from any other class. A lot of it involves safe sex, so things like learning how to open a condom wrapper or put it on a dildo.

I do think sexuality needs to be taught way more though. That was never covered in my school.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Feb 21, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2009
i think it should be. but not the way it is right now, because most sex ed classes are absolute shit atm.

Arguments against making sex ed mandatory:
-Parents may argue they have the final choice in sex education for their children
-Some may argue that sexual development is a process of gradual discovery and cannot be effectively taught in a classroom
-Some may argue that it "leads to a greater incidence of premarital sex

- no they don't, since they're obviously doing a shit job. lack of sex ed affects society at large, not just their kid. so sorry but no.
- partly true. but kids know pretty much nothing, and certain amount of information should be conveyed to them
- too bad
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Feb 21, 2016 2:12 PM

May 2013
Dr_Mantis said:
xrockxz89 said:

lol there's no need since it's still different from any other class. A lot of it involves safe sex, so things like learning how to open a condom wrapper or put it on a dildo.

I do think sexuality needs to be taught way more though. That was never covered in my school.

Honestly I do think the basic facts would suffice for sex ed, yes maybe some contraception info and a section on STD's, but that could be like a day or two in Biology. Just the straight facts, no commentary on marriage, dating, etc... IDK man I found it pretty awkward, if I were state superintendent I'd probably give it a much more 'bare bones' approach hah.

Honestly... it's probably a lot more laid back in other states. Thanks deep south.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 21, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
xrockxz89 said:
Dr_Mantis said:

Honestly I do think the basic facts would suffice for sex ed, yes maybe some contraception info and a section on STD's, but that could be like a day or two in Biology. Just the straight facts, no commentary on marriage, dating, etc... IDK man I found it pretty awkward, if I were state superintendent I'd probably give it a much more 'bare bones' approach hah.

Honestly... it's probably a lot more laid back in other states. Thanks deep south.
Ah I think I mixed up terms.

In biology we learnt the reproductive systems and how babies are made, and in sex education we learnt specifically sex safety and contraception, which I feel could have gone more in depth.

Ironically it was our religious education classes that taught sex education. That's the UK for you I guess.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Feb 21, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2013
Dr_Mantis said:
xrockxz89 said:

Ah I think I mixed up terms.

In biology we learnt the reproductive systems and how babies are made, and in sex education we learnt specifically sex safety and contraception, which I feel could have gone more in depth.

Ironically it was our religious education classes that taught sex education. That's the UK for you I guess.

Yeah I was just arguing to combine those two classes, thereby minimizing the importance of sex ed in the process :P

But ultimately it should be taught, of course, just a question of how to do it.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Feb 21, 2016 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
It should at least be incorporated into school curriculum, so kids at least have awareness as to how it works and how to avoid STDs and unintended pregnancies. And no, I'm not talking bout the abstinence only shit.
Feb 21, 2016 9:57 PM

Apr 2015
Zazie122 said:
Cookies said:
That's a joke, right? Like you can't be serious...
Give me an argument against it that doesn't boil down to "I don't want it taught to my child because I think sex is icky".
This isn't exactly my stance, but you can just say "because I see it as useless and other more important things could be taught instead." There are millions of examples like this that don't relate to people being scared of sex.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Feb 21, 2016 10:01 PM
Jan 2013
It was taught to me on biology class, I don't know if it was mandatory but if they did it willingly I don't think it would be a problem

Though it's kinda akward when your 50 year old teacher puts a flavored condom on a cucumber doing a face like this

gone bai bai
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

14 by Citrone39 »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

16 by LightWorker »»
19 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

35 by whitebeartigtig »»
24 minutes ago

Sticky: » General Advice Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Dec 8, 2013

9877 by anton122 »»
49 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

654 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.