Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2016 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh they are really building up for the tournament with some shenanigans. Goku being quite silly as usual.

Oh I spotted some familiar faces this episode like Old Kai. Dat nostalgia. Champa's team looks interesting.
Feb 20, 2016 4:33 PM

Jun 2015
5/5, this was a fantastic episode of DBS.
Feb 20, 2016 8:31 PM

May 2015
Goku y Vegeta with beard... Lol!

Old characters return in this episode and I’m glad to see them back...

The universe anthem... XD

I'm very interested to know what kind of skills does the
of the sixth universe possess… Can they transform? Can they levitate? Manipulate Ki? Etc.
Feb 20, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2015
So the tournament is starting next week huh also it's nice to see that the strongest being was almost about to cry after Goku accidently punched him :X
Feb 20, 2016 9:46 PM

Jul 2015
Never thought Kibito and Shin (lol) were gonna get split. So much for the "you can never go back to being 2 beings." Next ep looks promising. Pls toei don't fuck it up. Lol at planet salad still being around in the other universe and that saiyans are like police men. That frieza race looking dude looks like quite the ladies man.
Feb 21, 2016 2:40 AM

Aug 2014
Animation like this is priceless only from toei animation...

I think here was 2-3 moments like this for about 5-10seconds, don't need pause video for notice it.
The fight between goku and vegeta had weak animation too, well the tournament will be sad if the animation will be same.
Feb 21, 2016 4:39 AM
Nov 2015
Zollty said:

I think here was 2-3 moments like this for about 5-10seconds, don't need pause video for notice it.
The fight between goku and vegeta had weak animation too, well the tournament will be sad if the animation will be same.

Its also such a shame that the manga with pretty alright quality only comes out monthly with the size of a weekly release (20 pages) :/

With the next episode they will have caught up and uhhh i have a bad feeling about this.

Thank god toei is done wasting their ressources on World Trigger fillers and now focuses on its main story again ... oh wait, thats a bad thing right ?

Welp better let DBS look goofy again, since you can't milk its manga :S
Can't wait for all the herpa derpa faces ^^
Feb 21, 2016 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
Gidar said:
Zollty said:

Its also such a shame that the manga with pretty alright quality only comes out monthly with the size of a weekly release (20 pages) :/

With the next episode they will have caught up and uhhh i have a bad feeling about this.

Thank god toei is done wasting their ressources on World Trigger fillers and now focuses on its main story again ... oh wait, thats a bad thing right ?

Ya manga have epic quality for sure.
Feb 21, 2016 7:31 AM

Aug 2010
That was actually lots of fun.

Lol'd so much at the Mustache and beard XD

And Goku punching Monaka in the face was hilarious

The Universe anthem was priceless

But the best thing was Popo playing tennis XD
Feb 21, 2016 8:43 AM
Oct 2012
Jesus, that's some preschool humor there, not to mention the plot holes.
That was just painful to watch.
Feb 21, 2016 11:09 AM
Jan 2010
Takuto_Shindou said:

Yeah since dragonball is known for its highbrow humor and content you fucking moron
Feb 21, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2013

In the beginning, Dragon Ball came to the west and gave millions a taste of anime entertainment.
Feb 21, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
The way this series began I didn't think I would ever enjoy it, but I'm really looking forward to next weeks' episode.
Feb 21, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2012
Heh,pretty damn epic beards there guys! :D Poor Buu though, no chance to fight. :( Well it was the obvious gag, but still disappointing. Oh well, we'll just hafta make due with Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and...heh, yeah. Cool to see Supreme Kai and Kibito again. :D
Feb 21, 2016 1:12 PM

Dec 2007
Gidar said:
Zollty said:

Hold on what? The manga should look MUCH better than it does. Other creators do four times the work in that same time period, lol.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 21, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
That was pretty good.

Nice to see Galactic King as well as the Universe 6 fighters.

Why did they leave Buu out? argh
Feb 21, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2011
Gidar said:
Zollty said:

The anime isn't based on the manga.
Both the manga and the anime are based on outlines made by Akira Toriyama.
Feb 21, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2016
it bothered me that they had a beard... saiyans hair will never change they said. Hoped they wouldn't make the same "mistake" like they did in GT but oh well. At least they didn't have it for a long time hahah

the new saiyan kid resembles vegetas little brother, or not?

really liked seeing the old characters. nice episode
Feb 21, 2016 2:46 PM
Apr 2014
New opening visuals
Goku is such a dick, punching little Monaka. He seems to have gotten a whole lot more childish in Super like Vegeta said.
Feb 21, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah! This arc will be awesome!

Nice!

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags. Please use spoiler tags for spoilers
ArdanazFeb 22, 2016 7:46 AM
Feb 21, 2016 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
haebollago said:
it bothered me that they had a beard... saiyans hair will never change they said. Hoped they wouldn't make the same "mistake" like they did in GT but oh well. At least they didn't have it for a long time hahah

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the hair on their head.

I don't think King Vegeta was born with his mustache and beard. I'm pretty sure they probably have pubes, etc.
Feb 21, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
The innocence...

Feb 21, 2016 3:55 PM

Nov 2008
Goku with a beard reminds me of Hot Ryu from Street Fighter V.
Feb 21, 2016 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
Best DBS episode up to date!
Feb 21, 2016 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
I really wanted to see some buu action -.- Did they really have to take him out of the show so early?

Also, Why do they always start fighting in base form.. and just go up as the fight goes along, why not just start at god or SSJ 3 from the get go and just fight at full power?
Feb 21, 2016 6:12 PM

Apr 2014
I thought Manoka would look more strong...but damn what a surprise.
Anyway, I believe that Manoka will have a form other than his small form.
The cliff is killing me here...
Feb 21, 2016 7:38 PM

Aug 2012
Finally new content and arc that we've all been waiting for in Super. King Vegeta is that you with the beard lol.
Feb 21, 2016 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad, Buu did not get the chance to participate in the tournament!

Nice to see the fighters from the sixth universe!
Feb 21, 2016 9:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
ThreePointer said:

In the beginning, Dragon Ball came to the west and gave millions a taste of anime entertainment.

King Vegeta is back, for a brief moment lol

That tennis match lol. The lookout used to be such a sacred, now it's reduced to a place with a tennis court xD

I'm more curious on that Cabbe guy. He has no tail, so no oozaru form. Maybe they don't need SSJ to get stronger, just power up in base.
Poor Buu, back to being irrelevant. No sign of Gohan. So Earth is pretty much left wide open for an attack.

Feb 21, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2016
beard game too strong
I like that they got a healthy amount of viewers :D
Kid Buu was the most powerful in the universe, so what do you do? make more universes :D
The stress of goku (and vegeta) almost failing vegeta's requested exam XD
buu vs bear woulda been fun :(
#HYPE

Feb 21, 2016 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
I hope they don't make the first match a joke. I want Winnie the Pooh to kick some butt.

I can't believe they just booted buu like that. Shame I wanted to see him fight all out.
Feb 22, 2016 12:28 AM

Feb 2015
This is how the show should've started.
Feb 22, 2016 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
First really good episode of the series, loved the beards.People were so damn butthurt about vegeta having a mustache in GT but i guess that wont be an issue now?
Feb 22, 2016 2:47 AM

Mar 2011
Quite a good episode.

Dem nipples were random and Goku is going first though? hm then my prediction:

Goku Wins easily
Piccolo lossesfairly one sidedly
Buu loses by being knocked out of the arena
Vegeta wins in a fairly good match
Manoka gets scared and can't fight, as Beerus admits his real 'strength' was that he could not fight him seriously because he was distracted by his nipples. So naturally Goku takes his place for a all around good fight he will power up to a new stage and win.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 22, 2016 3:27 AM

Dec 2014
TehWhiteTiger said:
Quite a good episode.

Goku Wins easily
Manoka gets scared and can't fight, as Beerus admits his real 'strength' was that he could not fight him seriously because he was distracted by his nipples. So naturally Goku takes his place for a all around good fight he will power up to a new stage and win.

IS this your prediction or are you following up from somewhere
Feb 22, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2013
TehWhiteTiger said:
Quite a good episode.

Goku Wins easily

But Buu isn't a participant anymore.
Feb 22, 2016 4:04 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode.

The scene with monaka was hilarious xDD

Pretty excited for next ep.
Feb 22, 2016 4:23 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was hilarious!
Goku and Vegeta with beard and mustache were great!
Monaka crying was priceless! XD

Universe 6's Freeza counterpart looks like a nice guy. The saiyan is great too. U-6 Saiyans being planetary heroes was a great dynamic.
Not really digging the bear and the robot.

That purple guy has piqued my curiosity. Looking forward to him the most!

Damn Buu. Looks like even Goku had some trouble passing.

ibraheem234 said:

The manga hasn't reached that far ahead either. It is most likely a prediction.
Feb 22, 2016 4:36 AM

Aug 2014
Drake1000 said:
New opening visuals
Goku is such a dick, punching little Monaka. He seems to have gotten a whole lot more childish in Super like Vegeta said.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Even when fighting Frieza he didn't seem to take it all that seriously, whereas when fighting Freiza back on Namek, the fight was much more serious.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing Monaka fight.
Feb 22, 2016 5:30 AM

Aug 2014
I also forget to add that they did everything for skip and don't animate the fight beetwen Goku vs Vegeta while training. They also don't show the old pose...

And Anime should follow the fakin manga, they skip most important things just because they are lazy bastards. Episode was maybe good? but toei make everything for make it worse.
DrrrZoltyFeb 22, 2016 5:36 AM
Feb 22, 2016 5:42 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty enjoyable episode. Will be looking forward to what's coming next. This tournament arc is going to be the series' best chance to redeem itself and prove its worth as a shounen battle anime. If they mess up here, there's no way it'll recover.

Manga looks so much better. Might have to give it a try.
Feb 22, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2014
Takuto_Shindou said:

What "plot holes" were introduced in this episode, exactly?

Feb 22, 2016 6:39 AM

Apr 2014
Zollty said:
I also forget to add that they did everything for skip and don't animate the fight beetwen Goku vs Vegeta while training. They also don't show the old pose...

And Anime should follow the fakin manga, they skip most important things just because they are lazy bastards. Episode was maybe good? but toei make everything for make it worse.

The manga is following the anime, not the other way around.

Feb 22, 2016 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
haebollago said:

Actually what is said is Saiyan hair stops growing at certain length without growing any longer, but they can also grow facial hair as seen with King Vegeta and Nappa. Also they eventually loss it as they reach a certain point in their life where they get age rapidly and eventually they get bald.

Also the conception of "Saiyan hair never changes" sounds as if their hair is solid as bricks and never changes shape or style.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Feb 22, 2016 11:36 AM

Mar 2011
ibraheem234 said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
Quite a good episode.

Goku Wins easily

My prediction, just the fact they made a note of giving him those nipples, made him seem upset when he was hit, causing Beerus to be mad as if he may put him off fighting. And of course the fact no one can really be stronger than Goku, at least not for long.

Also why is Buu not a participant? was that in the manga, I don't recall them saying that.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 22, 2016 1:16 PM

Dec 2014
Vegeta looks better with a beard.
Feb 22, 2016 5:12 PM

Dec 2012
That anthem though XD
Feb 22, 2016 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
So did anyone see the preview for the next ep they're not going from the manga & having goku go ssj to fight winnie the pooh trying to make it dramatic
Feb 22, 2016 7:04 PM

Aug 2011
I'm really hype for the next episode. Finally, this series has gotten back interesting.
Feb 22, 2016 8:51 PM

Oct 2008
Another awesome funny fulfilling episode!
That was a badass sparring from Goku & Vegeta!
LOL Bulma stealing away the ero-hon of Master Roshi!
This is the part wherein I laughed so HARD! Bearded Goku & Vegeta! so much LOLS! and they also smell! bwahaha!
LOL Buu farted!
Whis said its ok to take selfies on Beerus's planet but of course don't share them on Social Media!
I never did expect that Monaka is the nipples guy! what the heck!
So many Gods of creation and even from Universe 6!
That was a very interesting talk with Vegeta an the Saiyan from Uni6!
As usual Goku is dumb at intellectual tests!
LOL at the anthem of the Universe! So short!
1st fight! Botamo vs Goku!
5/5!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.