Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Gon or Killua?


#1
Feb 19, 2016 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
Ive always wondered this. Personally I like Killua better just because of the dynamics of his character and how scary he gets when he goes into Assassin Mode. But its a hard choice because together they are like a dynamic duo, no one can stop them if they work together... except maybe Netero lol
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
#2
Feb 19, 2016 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 476
I prefer Killua, but I love Gon to pieces as well.
 
#3
Feb 19, 2016 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
Killua.

I think most people would choose Killua.

Killua Member Favorites: 14944
Gon Member Favorites: 3956
 
#4
Feb 19, 2016 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 15115
Where is the "both" option? I just like them two very much. Anyway, Hisoka is best HxH boy.
 
 
#5
Feb 19, 2016 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
Illyricus said:
Where is the "both" option? I just like them two very much. Anyway, Hisoka is best HxH boy.
Ah true lol its a hard choice when both characters are so likeable
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
#6
Feb 19, 2016 9:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1006
Killua because he looks like a cat.

:3
 
#7
Feb 19, 2016 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
FrozenWhiskers said:
Killua because he looks like a cat.

:3
Neko Killua ftw? lol now that you mention it...
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
#8
Feb 19, 2016 9:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1006
NeferIce said:
FrozenWhiskers said:
Killua because he looks like a cat.

:3
Neko Killua ftw? lol now that you mention it...


yes, neko Killua ftw

look how cute he is
 
 
#9
Feb 19, 2016 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
FrozenWhiskers said:
NeferIce said:
Neko Killua ftw? lol now that you mention it...


yes, neko Killua ftw

look how cute he is
Well crap. Hes almost a better cat then Neferpitou...
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
Feb 19, 2016 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
futurefishes said:
I prefer Killua, but I love Gon to pieces as well.
I should of put a "Both" option tbh lol
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
Feb 19, 2016 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1086
I like both but Killua if I had to choose.
 
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 6316
Killua is the cool one. Gon is too simpleminded to like in my opinion.
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 800
Killua because didn't become an unlikable, unsympathetic asshole by the end of CA.
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4057
I like both of them a lot. But I'll go with Killua.
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2279
I can't make difficult decisions like that man.
Illyricus said:
Where is the "both" option? I just like them two very much. Anyway, Hisoka is best HxH boy.
^^^^^^^^^
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Funny. I'm convinced that I prefer Killua over Gon, however, I can't seem to come up with an explanation as to why that is the case.
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1006
Nagirah said:
I don't even need to watch HxH to say Killua, because Gon looks exactly like the monsters I see in my nightmares.


your nightmares must be really kawai
 
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
wow, I thought Gon would win for sure, man am I wrong :)
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
Rai_Ichikawa said:
wow, I thought Gon would win for sure, man am I wrong :)
Gon got obliterated in this poll lmao i didn't expect it to be so one sided
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:35 AM
Hug Addict <3

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 30246
Killua is vastly more popular than Gon

This poll should be very one-sided

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
HaXXspetten said:
Killua is vastly more popular than Gon

This poll should be very one-sided
True, i realized that after someone put up the favourite numbers of both characters.
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:39 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 350
killua and its not even close tbh lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 19, 2016 10:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
NeferIce said:
Rai_Ichikawa said:
wow, I thought Gon would win for sure, man am I wrong :)
Gon got obliterated in this poll lmao i didn't expect it to be so one sided

Well, Killua has 14,943 member favorites while Gon has "only" 3958...
 
Feb 19, 2016 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6591
Killua is just that much more badass and interesting imo.
 
Feb 19, 2016 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 370
BonerBender said:
Killua because didn't become an unlikable, unsympathetic asshole by the end of CA.

No one became an unlikable asshole.
 
Feb 19, 2016 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 701
It's a tough one, i like them both.

I like Gon because he made the decision "i want to find my dad and i want to know why it was important to become a hunter instead of raising me" (this isn't the exact quote).
Other characters would hate his dad for no freaking reason, but he sometimes his selfish and doesn't think things through, but when he puts something on his head he will do it no matter what.

I like Killua because, he was introduced as badass kid and full of himself, but we found out that he has some kind of issues with is family and he doesn't want to have is life planned. He always thinks about the worst case scenario but he got amazing character development and he was able to overcome his problems.


It's a close call for me, but i would choose Gon, because he is the bright side of the show, despite some events that happened in later episodes, when you see Gon you just want to smile.
 
Feb 19, 2016 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 701
leonstone said:
neither , i think hunter x hunter is a great anime but it has unlikable characters
You don't like Hisoka? You don't like Kite? You don't like Kurapika and leorio? You don't like komugi? You don't like Meruem? You don't Like illumi? You don't like Colt? It's hard to believe that you find HxH a great anime without liking the characters :(
 
 
Feb 19, 2016 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3488
Kurapika is better than both. I guess after that there's Killua. Then Leorio. Then half of the cast. Then possibly Gon.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2154
i hate gon with the intensity of 1000 white hot suns - such a stupid character


 
Feb 19, 2016 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
Nigami_Shin said:
i hate gon with the intensity of 1000 white hot suns - such a stupid character
Hes making a comeback on the poll.... lmao
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 10631
Nigami_Shin said:
i hate gon with the intensity of 1000 white hot suns - such a stupid character

I dont see a reason for hate, i think he's perfectly fine. I bet u have ur own reasons tho.
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
I like Gon, but killua more. But when is hxh returning? What's happening to togashi?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
 
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
Munachi said:
I like Gon, but killua more. But when is hxh returning? What's happening to togashi?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Apparently he is having back issues...... lmao
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 232
I don't think you need to ask. Gon is a generic shounen protagonist while Killua is unique to HxH. I find him really interesting but I'm indifferent toward Gon.
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 3411
Killua. Gon gets easily controlled by his anger.
If killua wasn't there Pitou would have gotten two puppets.
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 39
Before the whole CA arch i would've probably gone for killua, but gon was just such a badass on that particular arc that I ended up changing my mind.

 
Feb 19, 2016 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5533
Killua. Gon was simply an eyesore making me want to turn off and delete the anime from my PC any time he was on screen. Watching all of that really took some self control.
 
 
Feb 19, 2016 1:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 5533
Gon because everyone is saying Killua, and I feel bad.

(In reality I prefeer Kurapika over these two)

 
Feb 19, 2016 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 800
Whayle said:
BonerBender said:
Killua because didn't become an unlikable, unsympathetic asshole by the end of CA.

No one became an unlikable asshole.

 
Feb 19, 2016 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17169
Killua is better than Gon, but Kurapika is better than both.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
 
Feb 19, 2016 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 48154
Gon, he's my child.

But Hisoka is more likeable overall.

โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†

So whenever you ask me again, how I feel.
Please remember my answer is you.

 
Feb 19, 2016 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 4317
I'm still 55 episodes in the 2011's HxH...

But I can't choose because both of them are likable and interesting heroes in their own ways...

Gon is not really a straightforward "hero of justice" like any other protagonist out there that is like him in personality.... which make him an interesting wildcard.

Killua and his upbringing and his desire to live the clean life with his friends is admirable and creates another interesting dynamic to the mix.

I can't just choose one or the other.

--

(But my favorite character so far is Machi of the Phantom Troupe.... I just like her dynamic with Hisoka... )
Modified by ethot, Feb 19, 2016 4:05 PM
 
Feb 19, 2016 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 9847
CapitalistGod said:
I'm still 55 episodes in the 2011's HxH...

But I can't choose because both of them are likable and interesting heroes in their own ways...

Gon is not really a straightforward "hero of justice" like any other protagonist out there that is like him in personality.... which make him an interesting wildcard.

Killua and his upbringing and his desire to live the clean life with his friends is admirable an creates another interesting dynamic to the mix.

I can't just choose one or the other.
It gets easier later on in the show.

 
 
Feb 19, 2016 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 4317
ExTamplier said:
CapitalistGod said:
I'm still 55 episodes in the 2011's HxH...

But I can't choose because both of them are likable and interesting heroes in their own ways...

Gon is not really a straightforward "hero of justice" like any other protagonist out there that is like him in personality.... which make him an interesting wildcard.

Killua and his upbringing and his desire to live the clean life with his friends is admirable an creates another interesting dynamic to the mix.

I can't just choose one or the other.
It gets easier later on in the show.


I can't believe that until I see it.... the way I described the characters... it'll take a massive mess up in writing to make me choose...
 
Feb 19, 2016 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 8147
Killua is certainly more cooler due to his background and his family.

โ•ฎ (. โ› แด— โ›.) โ•ญ


 
 
Feb 19, 2016 4:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1006
BonerBender said:
Whayle said:

No one became an unlikable asshole.



Gon is an emotional 12 year old kid who has never suffered like Killua did, of course he would react that way. Killua has been teached to keep his head cool in situations like that, Gon doesnt.
And it doesn't ruins his character at all, actually I think its where develops the best.
Modified by churroneko, Feb 19, 2016 4:19 PM
 
Feb 19, 2016 4:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
I always thought Gon was a bit unlikable even before CA arc and Greed Island. Things he pulled in the exam, like grabbing Illumi's arm, and his stubbornness in general. Kinda bland for most of the show.
 
Feb 19, 2016 7:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 104
Killua's the best <3 it's sad we probably won't be seeing much of them in this upcoming arc, never thought Kurapika or Leorio were good characters. I honestly hope we see more of The Phantom Troupe.
 
Feb 19, 2016 7:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 132
Lizzy_Fizz said:
Killua's the best <3 it's sad we probably won't be seeing much of them in this upcoming arc, never thought Kurapika or Leorio were good characters. I honestly hope we see more of The Phantom Troupe.
If Yoshiro Togashi would start working on it again that is... The Phantom Troupe is very interesting especially now that
replaced Hisoka
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
 
Feb 19, 2016 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 2595
Killua is definitely the more interesting better developed character although Gon is well-done character as well
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »